Author Topic: Embers of the Hearth. [CLOSED] [BSSM Thread]  (Read 11888 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Re: Embers of the Hearth. [CLOSED] [BSSM Thread]
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
Mikado watched Billy rushed after Serin.
The idea of exploring the city himself was very close to what he had in mind and he would have liked to opt for it, but as fate would have it, he decided to follow his teammates. Billy was right, they were the only two who knew their way around, and following them would be better than accidentally run into the Verde guy again. With his decision made clear, he caught up to his teammates.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 12:23:51 AM »
(OOC: sorry for taking so long guys, got caught up with things IRL.  In other news, gonna be hitting the fast-forward button a bit to get to the good stuff)

Smokey wandered through the streets of Atlas for quite some time.  Fortunately, no Verde-esque characters made a move to bother him like before.  Although, part of that may be because Smokey does his best to blend in to large crowds.  Because of his size, it's pretty easy for him to be missed in a crowd of people, but the rest of Team BSSM could probably pick him out by looking for the gun still strapped to his waist if they knew to look for it. 

Smokey keeps to large crowds on the sides of the streets, passing by several vendors that are advertising sales to take advantage of the Vytal Festival crowd.  There's a bar advertising Festival-themed cocktails, clothing stores selling commemorative t-shirts, and even a fake mustache store selling wares for only a lien in celebration of the festival.  But Smokey doesn't stop at any of these places.

No, he just relentlessly walks ahead until he gets to a public transit station, where he buys a ticket and gets on a small bullhead.  An electronic sign on the side of the Bullhead reads "Mantle."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
At times it was difficult to track Smokey through the crowds that the festival tended to bring, but luckily he had an identifying feature in the form of his massive gun that he carried with him everywhere he went. Serin kept about 30 feet or so behind Smokey in an effort not to been seen and it seemed that even if he and the rest of BSSM were right behind Smokey he would not have noticed, that man was a mission. One that apparently leads to Mantle?

Now Serin was intrigued, where could he be going in Mantle? Quietly speaking to Mikado and Billy Serin said, "Looks like we're leaving Atlas already, anyone knows whats in Mantle that would lead him there?"

Once his ticket was purchased Serin walked onto the bullhead as stealthily as he could trying to find his target once more.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 10:53:26 PM »
Billy did her best casual/stealthy/tailing someone walk. She held her hat behind her to hid her tail. With her height, it was surprisingly hard to keep a good line of sight on Smokey. She thought it would be the opposite. But she stopped looking for the usual Atlas styles that were everywhere and found the oversize gun.

When they made it to the station, Billy was surprised by him going to Mantle. She did think of him as an Atlas boy all this time. Then she remembered something about the first day they met.

"He did say something about being from a working family? And I heard Mantle used to be the mining area of Atlas." Billy hypothesized, "But that's all I got." She added with a shrug.

She used her souvenir money to buy the ticket, then hopped on the bullhead before remembering she's trying to be stealthy.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2018, 01:48:16 AM »
Smokey disappeared, and soon reappeared in the big crowds. It would have been nearly impossible to keep track on him here, had it not been for his oversized weapon. The path took them to a public transit station with some small bullheads lined up next to each other, ready to head out to different destinations.

"If he has family there, it only makes sense for him to visit them." He said after Billy made her hypothesis.

He followed his teammates to the ticket vending machine and then into the bullhead

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2018, 02:01:43 AM »
As the team boards the bullhead, they'll quickly spot Smokey already in a seat, staring listlessly out the window.  He seems pretty oblivious to his surroundings, so it would probably be quite easy for Serin, Mikado, and Billy to sneak on past him, if they wished.  It doesn't look like it's a crowded trip, so there are plenty of seats to choose from.  That being said, this bullhead is kind of dinky: there are stains in the chairs, some spots on the floor are sticky, and it's probably best not to see if there's anything under the seat.  In all honesty, the nicest, or at least the cleanest, seat is right next to Smokey, himself. 

Decisions, decisions...
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »
Entering the fairly dinky bullhead, it really wasn't the same quality that Serin was used to traveling in but it was a fairly cheap ticket so it was to be expected. Scanning the bullhead for a seat revealed that every seat mind one was....less than savory....and the one remaining seat of decent quality was right next to Smokey himself so for Serin it was a massive no go. Instead, he choose to go and sit down several rows behind his prey, making sure to put his jacket down on the seat first.He sat there somewhat disgusted as he await for the ship to take off and go to their destination.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
Billy didn't mind the conditions of the bullhead. It felt like a colder version of home. Confident that she is disguised well enough with the scarf wrapped around her face, she waltzed in and took a seat next to Serin. This was a mistake. She reached around and pulled at the spring sticking into her back then took the seat across the row form him. This one wasn't as uncomfortable, just sticky.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 02:00:43 AM »
Apparently hygiene was a foreign word here.
Disgusted by the condition the Bullhead was in, Mikado took a seat two rows behind Serin and did the same thing by first throwing his jacket over his seat before sitting down on it.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 12:20:44 AM »
As the team settles in for the ride, there's an static-filled announcement over the bullhead's intercom:  "ATTENTION: NOW LEAVING FOR *MANTLE*."  Not even a second later, the bullhead engines come to life, although it sounds more like they're dying.  There's an audible sputter that reverberates throughout the cabin as the bullhead starts to climb an altitude.  Smokey seems relatively unperturbed, but there are a few foreigners on board that seem to be wondering if this will be their last flight.

The flight itself, thankfully, is successful and relatively smooth, if you didn't mind a few vibrations from turbulence.  It was only a short ride, about 30 minutes, before the intercom comes on again:  "ATTENTION:  NOW ARRIVING IN *MANTLE*."  A short few seconds later, the rickety bullhead comes to rest with a very jarring *thud* that shakes more than a few passengers, and the engines slowly die down.  The door opens, and Smokey quickly gets up and heads out, saying a brief "thank you" to the pilot before exiting. 

However, Smokey stops a little ways away after exiting, turning around and tapping his foot in annoyance instead.  When his teammates inevitably come out of the bullhead, they'll be greeted by, "Ya know, you guys aren't nearly as subtle as you think you are."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 12:09:37 AM »
The flight to mantle was fairly uneventful with Serin staring out the windows at the clouds zooming by, it wasn't often he got to fly and he tried to enjoy every minute of it on the rare occasion. Of course, the turbulence made him think he was going to die via bullhead collapse so he held tightly onto the seat arms during the quick lived mild shakes, convinced that him and his grip alone was keeping the ship from disintegrating. But by the time they landed he was somewhat saddened that his trip through the clouds had ended, but the promising of finding out more about Smokey’s secret destination allowed him to power through his feelings of disappointment.
Slowly walking out the door(after thanking the driver he’s not impolite after all) Serin scanned the surrounding area for traces of Smokey only to find him tapping his foot against the ground in annoyance. The source of this tick was obvious to anyone paying attention as it was also where the stare ended, Serin and the rest of BSSM. The stare was definitely caught by Serin who noticing he had been caught red handed he reacted by blushing and averting his gaze while walking down the stairs towards his run away team mater

”We’ll I guess stealth’s never really been our thing but it was a fun experiment.” Serin sheepishly said while rubbing his hand against the back of his neck.

”In all fairness you did just shorta ditch us and I mean in all fairness you might have been embarrassed by the situation earlier but you’re not really the type th-“ He cut himself short realizing he was launching into a rambling mess,”…Moral of the story is of course we are going to follow you, we are your team after all and we gotta stick together.” He emphasized the point by swinging his arm with a thumbs up.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 12:38:22 AM »
During the ride there, Billy looked out the window at the half reflection of herself merging with the reflection of the tundra. She pretended that the cold was hot, and the snow was sand as the flight roughly made its way to Mantel. She didn't know much about Mantel just it used to be 'the old Atlas'. Something to do with mines? She felt like she needed a refresher course on it.

When they landed and she nodded to the driver, she was surprised to find Smokey... hadn't fallen for it.

"It's the tail, isn't it?" she asked before following it up with, "Urban stealth just isn't our thing. What are you even doin here?"

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 08:55:33 AM »
Mikado spent the flight time on his scroll. Although looking out of the window had been a good way to pass some time, the passing clouds and the underlying landscape quickly became boring, so he turned towards his alternative. Sudoku. He had always liked the logical puzzle game and with his focus on it, time passed much faster.

After the bullhead arrived at his destination he gave the driver a neutral nod and followed behind the rest of the team, heading straight for Smokey.

He... hadn't really had a reason to follow him. Now that he thought about it, he would have rather stayed in Atlas and explored the city for himself but was it too late for that now. He stopped beside Billy, arms crossed, not saying anything.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 11:07:10 PM »
”Nah, no one sat next to me.  I can’t believe you all sat in those gunky chairs!  You know those stains don’t come out, right? Smokey said, explaining what tipped him off.  He saw the same scene the rest of his team did, and he knew there weren’t any other good seats.  While he wasn’t going to complain about the extra leg room, the fact the other good seat next to him was unoccupied piqued his curiosity.

As Serin gives his “explanation” for following him, Smokey just responds with a side-eye and says, ”What part of ‘I’ll catch up later’ did you—ah, forget it. You’re here now, I guess.”  He pauses for a minute to think about what to do next.  To be honest, he wanted to come here alone for a reason, but that doesn’t seem to be possible anymore.  There are only a few shuttles to Atlas from Mantle, especially with the current festivities.  Judging from the look of the pilot, it seems he’s done for the day.   Most likely, the group won’t be returning to Atlas until the morning at the earliest.

With a sigh, Smokey accepts his fate.  ”Welp, since you’re here, I guess you’re already accomplices.  Follow me, we got a delivery to make,” he says, hoping to get a rise out of his straight-laced “Fearless Leader” as he turns around and begins making his way through the streets.

The city of Mantle has clearly seen better days.  It’s still within the kingdom of Atlas, and as such there are still quite a few technological marvels, not to mention the continued presence of the military (albeit somewhat less compared to Atlas proper).  The signs of decay, though, are obvious: there’s graffiti on the walls of alleys and bricks missing from the sides of buildings.  The people here don’t look nearly as lively as they did in Atlas, though, to be fair, the festival is in the capitol.  Still, the citizens of Mantle seem to just want to go about their day, and the city itself just seems…quiet.

Smokey’s route through the city does little to alleviate the eerie silence, as he guides the group through side alleys and backroads, almost never taking main thoroughfares.  Anyone familiar with the city, or even a decently strong sense of direction, would realize BSSM is walking almost fifty percent more than they need to.  Yet, Smokey doesn’t seem lost.  In fact, he doesn’t even hesitate to make complicated twists and turns through the streets, almost like he’s on auto pilot. 

He may even be on auto pilot, as he doesn’t really talk as he meanders about, only really responding when talked to directly.  It’s probably a good thing the walk doesn’t last long.  It’s only ten minutes (although it could have easily been five) before Smokey’s intended destination comes into view.  Well, the most likely destination, in any case.

In the distance, a sign can be made out that reads ”Emberstone Firearms” in big, bold, white letters, with a slogan written underneath, ”The Most Bang For Your Buck!”.  Next to the wordage, a set of neon lights depict a meteor hurtling across the building.  It’s easily the most prominent sight for miles.  However, a keen eye might notice one more thing on the sign:  a snowflake is located on the bottom right.  It’s not big enough to be intrusive, but it is large enough to be recognizable.  ”A Schnee Dust Company Affiliate” is written underneath.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2018, 01:31:47 AM »
”Wait hold up what do you mean accomplices. Are you sneaking off to-“ Serin quickly looked around for guards before lowering his voice to continue the thought, ”-delivering dr..” But by now Smokey had already began walking away on his mysterious and potentially illegal delivery. It was at this point Serin as a the leader of team BSSM felt obligated to go along and maybe convince the purchasers out of this illegal act, or have Smokey turn over a new leaf to a new crime free life. Either way he really had to go to prevent whatever disaster of illegality was sure to happen.

As he followed his team member through the grungy streets of Mantle Serin looked around at the decay and graffiti spread around the city with a small amount of disgust and worry that the city may collapse at any moment. He was much more used to the cleanliness of main land Atlas and more recently the relatively clean and well maintained Beacons school ground that he had been calling home. The allies that they were going thourgh seemingly random did not help with the grand tour and the only logical reason that Serin could come up with why they were taking this path was to avoid the guards that he would catch glimpses of. Nothing good would come of stating so he did not say anything vocally, but his expressions as well as body language as he scanned the area would be a dead giveaway to anyone paying attention.

After what seemed like years of walking through the allies seemingly avoiding guards they reached a building labelled with Smokey’s last name, a truly stunning turn of events that filled in the final pieces of what the strange delivery was that he had been worrying about. As the pieces of the puzzles melded into one Serin turned towards Smokey.

”You should have said something! I didn’t know your family ran a business, much less a weapons shop! That’s so cool!” He enthusiastically announced before walking through the front door of the business to examine the insides forgetting all the worries that seconds ago had filled his mind.