Author Topic: Clothes make the Huntress [VLPS]  (Read 10300 times)

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes make the Huntress [VLPS]
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »
"I'm okay with that. This is my home. Just tell me where you all want to go." Vidi said still shying away from making eye contact with Sona. She shoved her scroll in her skirt pocket.

(Was in a rush, Couldn't put the color for the dialogue.)
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2017, 05:49:47 PM »
Sona flips her long hair from the back of her shirt, letting the golden locks flow down to the center of her back. She gives herself another look in the mirror, marginally happier with the change of clothes.

"That makes half of us then. I know Vacuo city..." Sona says, turning around. A wry expression crosses her features as if she was surprised by her own statement. "Well, there are more places in the Academy I haven't been than in the city itself."

Sona stops at her desk and unboxes the scroll on the desk. She taps the screen on momentarily, but rather than set up the new devices she clicks it closed and places it her back pocket. "I can't say I've much experience with clothes like yours Vidalia." Sona says with a smile, her eyes locked on her new teammate. "I'd definitely defer to you on this one."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 06:33:41 PM by willow_lark »
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 04:51:18 PM »
Vidi continued to avoid eye contact with Sona. She kept her gaze at the folds in her skirt. "I suppose it's not for everyone," she answers almost like a whisper. She tries to hide her eyes behind her bangs but they aren't long enough to that yet. She wanted to badly to pull out her game again and act as if she is in her own little world.

"Uh, hey Patchy. Umm," Vidi began but couldn't seem to make out an actual sentence. "Could we at least get going? Being here is boring me to death."

Very quickly did Vidi's tone change. The girl wasn't to keen on staying in one place for too long, she gets bored so easily since she stepped foot into the school.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »
Patchouli tilted her head to the side and suppressed a frown at Vidalia. She knew what must be on the girl's mind, but... dealing with it was another story. She peered over at Lynae, trying to make eye contact, then back to Vidalia. "Um... Yeah, let's head out." She stood up with a bit of a struggle, feeling the tension in her teammates trying to pull her back down.

"Ah, here's an idea..." Though she spoke as softly as usual, her eyes visibly lit up as the thought popped into her head. "Since we've got two possible guides here, why don't we tour in pairs? We can cover more ground and meet up over lunch... then decide where to go from there?" Really she just wanted a chance to separate Sona and Vidalia and talk to them individually before making them talk again, but the situation really was in her favor on that front. She desperately hoped that Lynae would catch on to her plan.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:18 AM »
"Yeah, that makes sense, Patchy. What pairs, though? Partners? So me and Sona and Patchy and Vidi." Lynae hopped up off her bed with a smile. "Let's get our things and get out of here!" She exclaimed enthusiastically, putting on Bolla Ballerino in their bracelet form. To a regular person these deadly weapons would just look like an interesting fashion choice.

"As team leader; I wanna buy lunch, if that's okay with you lot."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »
"Alright, partners it is." Sona says as she falls in step with her partner. "As long as we go around together after lunch." She adds. She lightly pushes the door closed behind her and Lynae. She looks intently at the Lynae's back for a second, the corner of her mouth twisting slightly. She then rolls her shoulders with an inaudible sigh and thumbs her right digit into her pocket, stepping a bit faster to walk next the team leader. She merely smiles as she takes her place beside Lynae.

Despite the trademark heat of Vacuo's sun the streets are full of people. Shoppers like Sona and Lynae dart from store to store, children run between their parents legs as the parents gossip among themselves, and sweaty workers push carts of sandstone bricks around for the renovation at the end of the block. Sona brushes her long hair off the back of her neck, rubbing it slightly. Her eyes sweep over the street more than the shop windows on the buildings as they pass them.

A teenage boy runs in Sona's direction, laughing and running from his two friends. Sona steps out of his path before he was anywhere near close enough to bump into her, her eyes following them as they continue their chase.

"Were you looking for anything in particular Lynae?" Sona asks. She does so more passively than usual, none of the large smiles or blinking eyes. Her eyes, when she pulls them from the street to look at her partner, are no less interested. More relaxed might describe it, were one to compare before and after. Though at the same time her shoulders are rolled up and back; rigid with her hands held behind her back.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »
Vidi is relieved to know that she and Patchy would be together. The short girl led Patchy to her favoirte shopping center just at the far end of the city. This is where Vidi is the most familiar since she grew up here. Walking up and down the streets buying cupcakes with her grandfather after a training session. She turned to look at patchy with a big smile. The shopping center was like an outdoor mall with shops full of clothes of every style, at least eight different restaurants providing different foods across Remnant, three Dust shops, an armory filled with every type of bullet known to Remnant and a fountain right in front of Vidalia's favorite clothing store.

"We can find but literally anything here, although the Dust shops are kind of overpriced," Vidi tells Patchy. "So where did you want to start?"

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 12:22:54 PM »
"Aside from some clothes that fit comfortably, nah not really. And what about you, Sona?" Sona's partner replied with a big smile.

While Lynae had a fair amount of money, her father being a retired Huntsman plus her quite simple life, Lynae never really spent her money that much. It wasn't that she disliked fashion and clothes or anything, it was just one simple reason. She never had anyone to spend her time with. Yes, she loved her sisters but they were never her 'friends'. Lynae had never had a friend. Perhaps that is why she was so excited to finally have friends that she could rely on to be there, and why she was happy to go out shopping.

There is a first time for everything, after all.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »
Sona hums. "I certainly need a new combat outfit. Anything else would depend I suppose." Sona reaches into her back pocket and pulls out the scroll she stashed there before. She looks around quickly, and angles their walk to a outdoor newspaper stand off to the side of the road. The stand must be popular, given it's shelves are empty and no one is manning it. Still, it serves nicely to take the two girls out of the flow of people.

"Sorry, I need to get this thing working, can't really avoid it any longer." Sona says. She leans against the wall and opens the scroll to it's setup prompt. "My stipend from the Academy was setup on my scroll account." she explains.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2017, 06:31:37 AM »
"Eheheh..." Patchouli nervously gazed at the multitude of stores carrying dangerous weapons for sale. Just who was allowed to buy these things? Either way, she had no interest in that kind of store on a relaxing day off. "How about we just start with... clothes? I assume you have a place you recommend?"

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »
"Oh, I do actually. It's a bit far but worth it." Vidi says to her teammate. "Follow me!"

Vidi took her to the store in front of the fountain. The store was full of gothic style dresses of all colors, skirts with an assortment of petticoats, and a large selection of shoes. As soon as Vidi walked in the works smiled greeting her as if they were friends. She dragged Patchy around the store showing her all the area's which may spark her interest. It is noted that Vidalia was talking way too much, often babbling about her fondest memories.

"Am I talking too much?" She giggled.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »
"Too much...? No, uh, I mean..." a frazzled Patchouli lied. There was nothing about this situation that wasn't "too much." The outfits especially. "This... certainly seems like a place to add 'variety' to my wardrobe..." Thinking about it that way, she couldn't really justify complaining. This was what she asked for. She supposed she might as well let Vidi drag her around until she ran out of energy. That would happen eventually, right?

Patchouli was becoming increasingly less sure of that assumption.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2017, 08:53:41 AM »
"Do what you have to." Lynae smiles at her partner. "So, after you get that set up, are there any places in particular you think we should go?" She asks while taking in the sights of the cityscape.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:00:35 PM by CptSteel »

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2017, 08:46:02 PM »
Sona frowns at her scroll. She taps at the screen rapidly, trying to get the fingerprint scanner to recognize her index finger.

"Well, I know of a lot of places by name or reputation. I haven't shopped in most of them though." she says absently. The scroll flashes and her fingerprint is recognized. Sona rolls her shoulders and leans back against the stand.

"I've only seen a few of your outfits in the last few days, but you seem to like Huntress fashion right? Clothes made for combat and individuality if I remember the tagline right. We could start with that." she continues without looking up. Her hair frames her face as she leans forward over the scroll. A few more taps on the scroll and she brushes her hair to the side, turning slighly to look at Lynae. Her eyes are questioning, looking for a respond if not in words, in mannerism.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2017, 11:09:54 PM »
Vidalia's smile faded quickly along with her excitement. Why did she think this would be easy? Then again she has never socialized with one person for this long before so maybe she should tone it down. Vidi took a breath, she smiled and tried again. It was all in her head that she couldn't make friends. I can do this. I can do this.

"I, mmm, I use to practically live here. In this district." Vidi began. Her eyes drift to the clothes on the rack. "It's pretty here, at least I think so." She pulls out a basic black skirt for herself and drapes it over her free arm. "Do you think Sona doesn't like me because I am...strange?"