Author Topic: Shards of Knowledge [Shard INC][Semi-closed; PM]  (Read 9338 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Shards of Knowledge [Shard INC][Semi-closed; PM]
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2020, 10:01:30 PM »
Smokey's blinded by ice, unable to see anything beyond the blue of his frozen sarcophagus.  He's alive, though, and his aura's still ticking, so he's got that going for him at least.  He can still feel the rest of his body, though that might be more of a curse than a blessing: the seeping cold is far from what he would call comfortable.  The only sense that he can rely on right now is his hearing, and even then what sound reaches his ears is muted by the icy walls surrounding him.  In short, he's very stuck.

On the flip side, however, guessing from the feeling in his hands, it seems Lynn is in much the same predicament, as Smokey has detected no movement from her claw.  That means he accomplished what he set out to do.  He's still reeling from the pain of the blow, but since neither of them are going anywhere, he has plenty of time to recover.  Unfortunately, that's pretty much all he can do, at least for the next thirty seconds or so.

He flexes one of his arms to test out the sturdiness of the ice--it's pretty solid.  He can probably break out if he put serious effort into it, but that might give Lynn an opportunity to escape.  That being said, once Smokey's semblance times out, Lynn will probably break his grip anyway.  Maybe if she thinks he's still stuck in ice, he can use that opportunity to reset the cool down on Immovable Object?

Through the ice, he hears the muted sound of gunfire ringing off against ice and metal.  Judging from the number of impacts, probably from an automatic weapon.  Since Lynn is "unarmed" that would probably be the sound of Nathan's weapon.  A thought then popped into Smokey's head.  What if my teammate can't take advantage of this situation?  Having never fought with or against him, Smokey has no idea what Nathan's capable of nor his preferred battle style.  He just kind of assumed his teammate would be able to take advantage of the lockdown.  But if Nathan was the type that liked to sit still and spray and pray, Lynn may very well be able to take him on with one hand literally tied behind her back.

The worst part is, Smokey can only really guess at what's happening.  "Please don't fuck up," he muttered quietly inside the ice.

Combat Log:
No update, very frozen, much stiff.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: Shards of Knowledge [Shard INC][Semi-closed; PM]
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 04:45:26 PM »
...Yeah, that wasn't gonna work, was it. AND now he needed to get outta there ASAP.

Mentally thanking his temporary partner for the partial reprieve while starting to run towards the Huntress, he extended Ergia into star form and, somewhat like a pole vault, used it to hoist himself as high as possible - however, unlike one of the poles used for the discipline, Ergia had absolutely no pliability at all. This allowed him to stay a good 2 meters off the ground, without the extra reach a pole's spring would normally afford. He also kicked the heating in the lowest part of the staff as high as it could go to prevent it becoming stuck in ice.

Despite these precautions, the flames still 'singed' - or maybe anti-singed? - his skin as they passed below. Thankfully, Ergia's heat protected it from becoming encased in ice. He dropped back to the ground and kept running towards the enemy. He'd need to go all-out immediately, semblance and all, to have any hope of inflicting damage on her Aura.

[Aura: 95%]
[SEMBLANCE: 100%]
[Ergia: 270 rounds loaded, 1 extra magazine, propulsion reserves 98%]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:55:17 AM by nathan67003 »
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"