Author Topic: Recovery ward (semi-open PM for invite)  (Read 12696 times)

Dead_Proxy21

• Personal Text
    All the worlds a stage and we are the actors
    • View Profile
Re: Recovery ward (semi-open PM for invite)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 07:04:37 PM »
Avaline ignored the conversation and took the seat offered to her. She wanted more than anything than to make the person who did this to Grey pay painfully.

"If I get my hands on him. He's losing a kidney and half his liver. No anesthetic," Avaline muttered under breath. It was her job as the medic to ensure that the safety of the team was top priority. In her eyes this was too far past the point of reason. She didn't notice that her left hand was shaking due to her anger.
Approved:
Tychus Drenelian "I may not feel pain, but you do and I will make sure of it"
Connor Dragovic "Chemical warfare is cheap but it works"
Damien Sokolov "I see you"
Eva Anders "BOOM!!!!!"
Avaline Anders "A medic's job is never finished"
Duncan 'Napalm' Sandoval "If I wanted to see the world burn, I would still be in jail."

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »
"Well if Butcher Boy does try anything, I'm here to stop him."

Jack Pettibone stood in the doorway like a ray of hope in desperate times, his arms crossed over his bared chest. His eyes were hard and cold as ice, with a jawline sharp enough to match, and every inch of him spoke of vitality and a burning vengeance.

"They taking care of you up here, Saggio?" he asked. "I wanted to let you know, there's a whole mob of people outside praying for you. Orabel's with them."

Ki smiled at her friend, and gave him a hug before returning to Gray's side. "Thanks for coming, Jack. You already did so much, I mean..."

He waved her aside with a smile. "Hey. It was nothing." Walking over to the bed, he leaned on its railing and looked Dogmeat over. "Anyone who shoots somebody in a friendly tournament needs a good kick in the head anyway. It was my pleasure." Becoming serious once more, he looked Dogmeat dead in the eye. "You and I have had our differences, and there's gonna be a day for that. But Butcher Boy? I'm taking him down if he gets far enough to reach me. And I'm winning this thing for you. You got that?"
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 05:21:17 AM »
"You!? I kind of saw him lowering and transforming his weapon before you actually appear just in time to kick him flying. Is he really that dangerous or did you made him look dangerous? Most importantly, are you sure he did this deliberately instead of, you know, trying the best to win the game?"

"And you. It seems you’re Gray's girlfriend or something, but have you heard of the declaration of Geneva? What horrible, savage thing are you talking about?"

Catalina sat down with a look of disgust.
(OOC: sorry for 4th wall breaking, but the idea's too unsettling.)
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 11:23:29 AM »
Gray lay there catching snippets of the conversation until he saw Jack appear in front of him. His eyes turned aggresive and he moved to get up until he heard what Jack said at which point his expression softened and a smile even appeared on his face. "Maybe yor not s'bad aft'r'll" After that Gray drifted back off to sleep.

Sapphire nodded to Jack as he entered and moved off to see if she could find more chairs. From within the room the sounds of a scroll going off could be heard followed by a loud thumping noise as Sapphire slammed a fist into the wall.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 08:04:31 AM »
"It's Catalina, right?" Jack asked, glancing askew at the man out of the corner of his eye. He sighed and closed his own, leaning on the bedrail for a second. He spoke as he turned, opening them again to look at this nutball straight on.

"I don't know how much you pay attention, but I've seen Butcher Boy spar with that thing, Urkle or Egglia or whatever name he gave it. It's got more bells and whistles you can't see than ones you do. I wasn't about to take any chances. And what are you on about with this "trying to make him look dangerous" crap?" He took a few steps over, displeasure oozing out of every pore. "You may not know much about me, but I'm no stranger to tournaments. Any idiot can tell when someone's aura is down. It's basic aura use. And Butcher Boy is one of those quiet egghead types who should freaking know that. The guy's a freak, and the whole world just saw it."

Ki was about to jump in and start chewing on whoever this guy was for badmouthing Jack and trying to defend an obvious monster when she wound up actually jumping a little as Sapphire hit the wall. She looked up with concern and walked out after the woman, and noticed that she was watching something on her scroll. Seeing the enraged expression on her face, she went to join her. "What's wrong? I mean, aside from Gray being hurt..."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:41:15 AM by Uncouth T-Rex »

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 10:48:54 AM »
This had to go well. Outside and a few dozen paces away from the room that was surprisingly easy for her to find thanks to most people guessing correctly where she was headed, Mauve ran through possible lines in her head. 'Not a word out of place, not a single letter, absolutely nothing against anyone. This is for good press, to recover some of the reputation I lost, I mustn't slip up, I can't slip up, I can't' So with this in mind she slipped entirely into the poised and benevolent person that she was, a heightened sort of persona, though not far from her actual self. Simply less prone to making mistakes and speaking out. Something she'd need to hold her back if she met any complications. The blue in her eyes was played up, her hair perfectly straight and pulled into a sleek and flawless half up style. Harmless, demure, pretty.   

Ki and... somebody seemed to be outside of the room, okay, starting off easy. "Ki, lovely to see you again, I hear you've been spending quite a bit of your time at Gray's side so far, it's so sweet of you to do so. I loved your show last month by the way. Well, I suppose it wasn't yours," a dainty laugh escaped her throat, "but you were so eye-catching it might as well have been. It was clear you were the main attraction." Now the other one was a little trickier. She didn't look familiar, and wasn't a nurse either by the looks of it. But it was safe to assume that she knew Gray, right? "And hello, I don't believe we've met. Mauve Roux, pleasure to have your acquaintance." Along with this a hand was offered for the blue-haired woman to shake. When the pleasantries out of the way, Mauve gestured into the room and gave the two a little wave bye. "If you don't mind," she said, pushing the door partly open, knocking gently before slipping into the room, demure and graceful smile in place.

But oh it was almost thrown right out of the window when she saw the room's currant occupants. Gray's team of course, something that she had anticipated. Though really she didn't need them to complicate things further. Maybe a blessing in disguise? Perhaps she could win them over as well. But it was the other one that worried her. Jack. 'Nothing against Jack, I can't say anything against Jack' she reminded herself. No wonder that voice had sounded familiar, and from what he'd said, it seemed that he was doing his own work against Nathan. This wasn't her issue at the moment though, she had to convince them that Nathan didn't mean any harm without disrespecting Jack. It had to seem that she was there out of care for Gray, not to boost her image and work against Jack's efforts.

"Is Gray feeling alright? I can't imagine that he's in the best state right now, unfortunately. Such a shame what happened, no?" As she was talking, Mauve moved closer to the center of attention in the room, for once not Jack. Her expression turned sympathetic and gentle to match. As she finished, she turned around very slightly to address the others in the room, face lifting ever so slightly. "It's so very nice to see so much support for Gray while he's recovering. It's also very nice to meet you again team Cabáiste. Xanh, Avaline, Viridian." A nod was thrown in their direction. "Jack, Catalina, bit of a surprise to see you here. And Ki and Sapphire, of course. I ran into them outside, very nice to see them. Such sweet people."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 09:33:08 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 09:50:01 AM »
Sapphire honestly couldn't believe what she was seeing on her scroll. It wasn't hard proof of anything but it was convincing enough for her. hearing a voice behind her she turned and had been about to share the video with the blonde girl who certainly seemed to care for Gray when another voice pulled her attention. Mauve eh. Never heard about her in Gray's letters. Wonder what she could be doing here. Even through her confusion Sapphire was sure not to be completely manner less. She shook the girls hand. "My name is Sapphire. I'm Gray's friend or unofficial mother depending on who you ask." Once the girl was gone Sapphire passed her scroll to Ki and restarted the video of Nathan shortly after he had shot Gray. 'Hardly damming but definitely infuriating."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 03:35:26 PM »
Watching the room suddenly starting to fill up quite quickly, Xanh had remained where she was leaning against the wall next to the medical bed, arms crossed and silently observing the new arrivals with an increasingly unnerved facial expression. By the time it was not her teammates anymore - or at least the guy who might have spared Gray from an even worse beating - but more or less random people entering the scene she could not just stand at the sideline anymore. Pushing herself off the wall Xanh made a few steps into the room, lifted her arms a little in an effort to get everyone's attention and spoke up: "'Ey, is there, like, a huge line of nosey bystanders out there, or how many more visitors do we have to expect? Because I don't know how Gray sees it, but it's getting a bit too cramped in here for my taste. So maybe...just maybe we could cut it a little short on the amount of random peeps dropping in, alright?"

After giving Catalina as well as Mauve another doubtful look Xanh let out a sigh, turned her head towards the ground and reached for her face to slowly rub over the back of her nose. Perhaps she came off as a little cranky there, but the incident in the arena and the hours of her being in search for where they had brought the wolf faunus afterwards had taken a bit of a toll on the girl's usually more cheerful mood.

The first thing she did after raising her head again was to send a slight nod in the direction of Jack. "Yeah, you're right. I still don't know what the fuck was exactly going on down there, and I don't really want to think about it right now either, but thanks for jumping in and preventing worse things from happening. That might have been a bit of a quick shot, but you know what? I'm all for quick shots if it saves someone's ass". 'Now, if only it would have been me sticking up for my teammate instead of some other random participant...', Xanh added in her thoughts as she turned around to face the latest arrival - completely ignoring Catalina for now as she had now idea on what to say to him and what he was on about.

"A shame, sure, that's a way to put it", she reiterated what was said, trying to not sound too riled up in face of Mauve's kind greetings. "'Shame' is maybe putting it a bit mildly, though. I mean, have you seen what happened? 'Slap in the face' sounds more like it to me!" With that, she slapped her palm against her forehead. Looks like staying calm did not work out for too long. "You know him, right, Mauve? Then what was that? What was he thinking?! Like, what the fuck?!"

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2016, 11:48:25 AM »
Ki put on her runway face as that tiny prissy chick Cheri knew said hello and tried to flatter her. "Oh, thanks. It's not hard to outshine people who paint on their personality, and it's a good sign you noticed that, Mauve. " But somehow you're not noticing that you're dating a gods-damned psychopath, you little shit. "And hey, Gray's a friend, and we look out for one another." she explained, smiling ingratiatingly.

And then the girl went inside and Ki was handed quite possibly the most awful and disgusting thing she'd seen in a long time. That bastard, Nathan Eau, right after he'd shot Gray damn near close to lethally, give or take a few inches, smiling to himself smugly in the stands of the arena as spectators milled around in horror. She was so angry she didn't know what to do, scream, cry, fall apart...She was running on empty already, and this was pushing her way past anything she'd had to deal with before. Shaking, she watched it play on loop, at a total loss.

Jack let Mauve and Xanh speak, holding his tongue for the proper moment, giving Batgirl enough rope to completely hang herself and her special little Nobody too.

"Hey, Xanh, like I told Ki, no problem, we're all in this together. Any decent person would do what I did, I just could get there faster, thanks to my semblance." he said, giving the dark-skinned girl a friendly smile. "And you're right, it is getting a little crowded..." He glanced away from her, his eyes starting at Catalina and falling heavily on Batgirl.

"It shouldn't be any surprise to see me here, Roux. You save a guy's skin, you make sure your work paid off. Besides, Ki's my friend, and I've got her back too. What's surprising is seeing you here, of all people. I kinda have the same question as Xanh, but I know you better than she does, so it'll be a little more pointed." he said, his voice even and smooth. It acquired an edge as he moved up to directly in front of her, staring intently down at the small faunus girl with his hands on his hips.

"I'd really like to know just what the Hell your sociopath of a boyfriend was thinking too. I'd also like to know if you're here to clean up his mess like a good little sweetheart because he isn't man enough to even apologize and face his screw-up. And if you are here to do his laundry for him, I'd be real interested to know just how the hell you justify being with a man who shoots an un-shielded opponent in a friendly tournament. How does it feel to be held by someone with blood on his hands?"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:56:31 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »

Character List:

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 07:38:22 AM »
A thoughtful look past Cat and he corrected himself,
'Displeasure. Of course, who would be happy when they shot someone through?'
He turned on no one in particular and continued on his rebuttals,
'More importantly, didn't he,' Catalina said while pointing towards Gray, 'Charged forward before getting shot down? Absolutely nothing excuse this. If the referee hasn't called the match, he would never back down from the fight and he did put his weapon away before approaching Gray.'
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 05:12:12 AM »
"Oh, well I suppose that it's good that I suggested the queue outside wait," said Mauve, playing along with the joke. "I kid, but Gray has been injured, it's to be expected that there would be quite a few people with the idea to see how he's doing after this unfortunate accident." She made sure to make no hesitations, especially before 'accident.' Showing doubt would make her less trustworthy, and Jack was already doing enough of it. Nathan's actions wasn't doing her any good either. Xanh was proof of that. And Xanh probably wouldn't like her any more after this encounter either.

But to deal with Jack. She had to remember not to say anything against him because right then, he looked like a hero and she looked like the girlfriend to a psycho. "Yes, it was so brave of you to stand up for your friend Gray like that. Your quick-thinking would've saved a life, and almost certainly has in the past, no?" Her smile was as genuine as ever, brightening for a quick second as she commended the filth that wasn't exactly respecting her personal space at the moment. But the more rude he looked, the less she did. "I've actually just come from talking to Nathan. Naturally I was quite shocked at first, but after some explanation I realized that it was a mistake. Aura disabling could easily be mistaken as powering up or a simple effect of a semblance. Yours... sparkles, doesn't it? Nathan stopped shooting though, and looking through the footage you can see that he stopped, and he lowered his weapon." Throughout the speech her smile gradually faded into a simpler expression, brows slightly furrowed to show concern. "In no way am I saying that there is no blame, but how could he have known? I rushed down very quickly as well, and I overheard Professor Nox mentioning Gray's semblance. If this is the case, the use of it in the first place is already an endangerment to his health, I have no idea why it would be used." Finished a lighter smile returned, not before saying, "I have to say though, this visit was of pure concern for a student and a friend. Gray and I, though not too close, do know each other."

At least she had someone on her side. Catalina was it? Nathan's next fight was with him if she wasn't mistaken. But the reasoning was a little... course. She would have to disagree with some, even though she hated to throw back any help she got. "Catalina, is it? Well I can't say I agree completely, would you shoot down an unprotected individual in a competition, effectively wounding them, if the referee had not called the match? Of course if you didn't know that would be one matter. But frankly it's not good sportsmanship to keep going in a situation like that."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 07:32:25 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 08:08:12 AM »
As Ki simply stood there watching the video loop Sapphire took her scroll back out of the girls hand."Are you alright? You're shaking." remembering that she had left some tea in Gray's room Sapphire attempted to gently guide Ki back into the room and came in to hear the tail end of what Mauve had been saying. As she heard it a frown appeared on her face. So this Catalina guy seemed to be here to do nothing but attempt to defend the bastard who shot Gray. After what she had just seen Sapphire was hearing none of it. With a glare on her face she strode up to the boy. "Are you trying to defend the guy who shot a man in the ring you little shit? Get out." Despite being absolutely furious Sapphire kept her voice from raising and wound up with a low and menacing tone rather than shouting at the boy.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »
Language. It's about to get wild.

"You know, does everyone just forget that we can sense aura? Yeah in a real fight tagging the other guy when he drops his to power up is a...Ki, are you okay?" Jack stopped then as whoever that girl Ki had followed outside came back in, dragging Ki with her. Man, that girl was a wreck, the other woman was just kind of pushing her along like a display mannequin. As much as he wanted to give Batgirl more of a blistering response, he knew it would look bad not to show concern over the emotionally tattered state of his friend. He took a step away from Batgirl, and was in the act of raising a hand towards Ki when she started talking.

Her voice was low at first, tired, almost helpless. That changed quickly. Outside, she'd barely registered what Sapphire had been saying, and just sort of gone with the flow to be brought back in. Only in snatches had she caught what that Catamaran guy had been saying, or what Mauve was trying to do, but she had heard enough to know the important thing. They were trying to justify what Nathan had done, excuse it, wash it away with neat and tidy explanations. Wouldn't that be perfect, you pretty pretty princess, just to have everything look as flawless as you were trying to? The sudden spark of anger galvanized her.

"You can't be serious. This has to be a joke, right?" she muttered, her eyes on the floor, her head shaking. "One big fucking joke. You can't honestly be doing this right now, here, in front of him, lying there!" she hissed, her voice strangled and rising as she pointed viciously at the unconscious Gray. "Dammit Mauve! Cheri always talks about how great you are, why the fuck would she be wrong!?" she cried. "How can you be here, trying to tell me it's alright, it's okay, your friend could have died but these FUCKING ACCIDENTS, they just FUCKING HAPPEN, oh, HOW SAD. WELL YOU'RE RIGHT. YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT, YOU STUCK-UP LITTLE BITCH!" she screamed, her voice an agonized, enraged howl.

"IT'S FUCKING HORRIFYING THAT YOU CAN EVEN STAND HERE AND TRY AND PLAY KISSYFACE WITH US BECAUSE YOUR BOY TOY DOESN'T HAVE THE BALLS TO APOLOGIZE FOR BEING A KILLER HIMSELF!" she was in the smaller girl's face now, slapping away Jack's supportive and somewhat restraining hands, ignoring his pleading expression. "GODSDAMMIT SAPPHIRE SHOW THEM THE FUCKING VID!" The older woman took a second to comply, more caught off guard by the outburst than anything else. "THE FUCKING VID! NOW!"

And then the entire room was watching Nathan Eau, in the stands of the Arena shortly after wounding Gray, smiling to himself as if he hadn't had a care in the world. Ki just stared in trembling rage at the picture perfect face only a short distance from hers, and fought the urge to grab her by the hair and start punching.

Jack took a look, let his face go completely blank, and then cocked his head towards Batgirl with a sardonic smile. "Well, I was going to ask people to stay calm, but, hey, uh, Mauve. Want to explain that? Give us a little commentary? Critique, maybe?"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:55:28 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »

Character List:

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 03:32:10 PM »
"Wait, what?", was the first thing that Xanh could utter in response to the two women who had left the room for a minute returned with a rather bombastic reentry. Initially, she had wanted to retort to Mauve's attempt at...being considerate? explaining her friends actions? apologising for them?...well, whatever that was supposed to be. She already heard enough to give up on trying to be nice and tell her a bit about what she thought about the incident in the arena and the behaviour of the faunus' oh so innocent companion. But the absolute fit Ki started to throw shortly after the door closed behind them had caught her by surprise. And also did not leave a lot of room to say things without being drowned out between the other girls angry screams.

Only as Sapphire pulled out her scroll to apparently show them 'The Video' the room turned silent again, if only for the few seconds the recording lasted. Driven by the curiousity as to what was so important and so enraging to Ki to yell the whole room into the ground Xanh took a few steps towards them to get a better look at things. And oh boy were there things to look at...

As the short film finished, the look of confusion and a little irritation on her face slowly degraded into an angry grimace as she raised her head and her view bounced between Ki, Mauve and the unconscious Gray a few times, a frown becoming more apparent every time she passed the bat faunus. Had she really just seen? Had she really just witnessed that Nathan not only being a dangerous, hurtful asshole but also taking genuine pleasure out of shoting another person multiple times? She seriously was not sure about, it just seemed so surreal for the first seconds. But the aura of rage that radiated from Ki made it seem pretty clear. This sadistic little dipshit was just having having the time of his life! And his friend now was just here to either do some damage control or rub it in the faces of those who cared for the person lying on the bed, thinking nobody could do anything about it!
But Xanh was not having any of this. Not after all the things that she already had to endure today.

"Fuck staying calm. Fuck commentary. Fuck it all", Xanh just muttered in response to Jack trying to mediate. She was quick to get going and cross the few steps of distance between herself and Mauve, and perhaps other than Ki had dropped all restraints as she came to a halt directly next to them both, almost shoving Ki aside in the process. "What was this? What is this shit?!", she burst out, not at all giving the girl any time to have a go at one of her elaborate responses. "You have the audacity to show up here and open your gob to spew all your 'Oh, I'm so sorry, we're all so sorry!' bullshit?! He didn't mean it! It was just an accident'. An accident my ass!" In the short break she needed to look for words to even describe the anger that had started boiling up inside her, she clenched her fist. "The little fucknugget is just having his good fun, eh?! Going around, causing happy little accidents!? I wish he'd be here now instead of your sorry ass, so I could be done with it right here, right now, but you might as well tell him: The next time I see Nathan's ugly little face it's not an accident when I kick his shit in! And you can fuck right off, too!"

As she spoke her last words, Xanh's left arm had already moved backward, fist still clenched. Now, it was zooming straight towards the side of Mauve's face. At some point in the last minute a line had been crossed, and she had had just about enough bullshit happen which she had to simply watch from the sidelines. Looking at it from a neutral standpoint, she would still not have known what to do and perhaps not deemed this a constructive solution. But in the heat of the moment, and devoid of alternatives, this felt like a pretty satisfying start.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 04:48:56 AM »
Facing the serious threat and the video, even though he's there first hand, Catalina gave in.
'I take it all back. That smile... no. Just no.
That said, he somehow is more assured that Nathan is innocent somewhere in his brain.
'I apologize for what I've said.'
But then just when he was preparing to leave, getting all the information along with a few enemies, someone did it. The first strike.
All he can do is put on a defensive stance and shout, 'No!'