Author Topic: Arts and Sciences [CLOSED]  (Read 3741 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Arts and Sciences [CLOSED]
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:39:41 PM »
In the late afternoon, long after classes had ended and most students had gone back to their dorms or even gearing up to eat dinner, a lone woman remained in a classroom lab working alone.  In front of her, vials of brightly colored dust are arranged neatly, organized both by type and volume, as well as a notebook that's covered from top to bottom in a neat scrawl.  Clara, still dressed in her school uniform, took two of the vials and measured out a small portion of each, all the while murmuring under her breath.

"Normally, the ratio of dust I'd need for a fog effect is..." she trails off as she measures out a bit of fire dust and ice dust onto the table.  She took a moment to confer with her notes, making sure she had everything right.  However, in the back of her mind a nagging voice echoed.

You won't have time to check your notes out in the field, you know?

Clara shook her head and clapped her cheeks to chase away the voice and bring her attention back to the matter at hand.  Looking back at her two piles of dust, she contemplated her objective.  The goal itself was simple: Clara wanted to create a fog effect, but she wanted to do it while incorporating her semblance, which would make the effect three times as potent.  What does "three times as potent" mean in this case?  Well, that's also part of the experiment.  Perhaps it will make the area of effect three times as big, or maybe three times as thick.  Maybe it will manifest in some other fashion.  She'll only really find out once she tries.

"And besides, isn't now the time to test my limits?  After all, it's best to go out into the world knowing exactly what I can do, isn't it?" she asked to no one in particular.  The nagging echo made no retort.  With a satisfied smirk, Clara gathered up the dust and began mixing them, periodically checking her notes to make sure she's following the process correctly.  Finally, after finishing her preparations, she took the combined dust and poured into a separate vial and moved to another table.  Now on to the hard part...

Taking a deep breath, Clara closed her eyes and focused.  If anyone were in the room with her, they'd see her body glow in a bright blue light, and then watch that light condense around the vial of dust in her hands.  A smile slowly crept across Clara's face.  She was curious.  She wanted to know how her semblance would affect the dust.  She imagined a group of enemies getting enshrouded by the fog, their discipline evaporating along with their vision.  From a distance, Clara was zapping the panicking silhouettes, giggling maniacally as they--

The sound of sparks brought her out of her delusions, and her smile fell almost instantly as she saw the situation before her. 

"Oh, no--"

*BOOM*

A loud explosion shook the lab, scattering vials, papers, dust, and even Clara herself about the room as smoke and ice filled the area in equal parts.  Clara, who had just enough time to put up her aura, had managed to avoid taking any serious damage, but was still knocked back into the back wall.  Her body was covered in an almost comical combination of soot and frost, and she has to wipe away ash from her frost-covered eyes before she can see the aftermath.

And, well, it might've been better if she hadn't seen it.  The lab looked like the latest casualty in a war between a blizzard and a wild fire.  On one half of the room, the tables and chairs were covered in a thin, shiny layer of ice.  On the other, soot, ash, and dust filled the air and covered the walls.  Clara winced as she took the sight in, as a nagging echo entered her mind once again.

Even I could have told you that was going to happen.

"Shut u--Ow..." she tried to complain, but her body was still sore from the aftereffects of the explosion.  She was going to need to sit down for a minute...
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
Re: Arts and Sciences [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 01:58:25 PM »
The sound of heavy combat boots echoed through the empty halls; hurried footsteps, as though the owner of said combat boots had somewhere to be and were running late. However anyone listening would notice that while the footsteps seemed hurried, they seemed to be taking their time making their way down the hall. Various doors opened and closed, various things moved about idly. The sound of something plastic running against metal. A guitar pick against lockers. Quiet humming was coming from the hall, the type of humming that only occurs when one thinks they’re completely alone.

Another classroom door opened as Azure checked inside, scanning the area quickly for any sign of her scroll. She was certain she had left it in here—well, in one of the labs at least—but had yet to come across it. That was possibly due to the fact that her searches of each classroom weren’t very thorough. But how could she stall and be thorough in her search when she had better places to be? What that better place was, she wasn’t sure. But she needed to be somewhere, anywhere but where she was, and she needed to be going towards it. She needed to be done with this place and be somewhere new. She had been in one place for too long, the walls were starting to look boring. Why was everything so boring? See? Chairs. Chairs in classrooms. How typical. How boring. None of these chairs had her scroll on them. There were also lots of other things that weren’t on chairs. Like ducks and pianos and suitcases—well maybe suitcases could be on chairs if someone was traveling somewhere and needed to pack. She hadn’t traveled anywhere in a while which was funny because right now all she wanted to do was travel away from this boring hallway to somewhere new a fun.

“Right. Scroll.” Her scroll was nowhere to be found.

With a frustrated sigh, Azure left the classroom, closing the door behind her. She crossed the hall to the next room; the door was locked.

“No please don’t be like that,” Azure groaned, shaking the handle a couple times. She got down on the floor to peer under the door, trying to see if she could spot her scroll. No scroll, from what her limited vision could see. With another groan of frustration, Azure sat up, rocking back onto her heels. Maybe her scroll was in a different classroom. Hopefully it was in a different classroom. If only she could remember what lab she had been in earlier! Then maybe she’d be able to get her scroll and get out of the drab hallways.

Zoning out slightly, Azure picked up her plastic coffee cup from where she had left it, and took a sip. The logical part of her brain knew she should stop drinking the coffee before her current state escalated any further. But the other part of her kept forgetting to throw the coffee away.

Maybe she had thought her current meds were strong enough to counteract the caffeine. Maybe she had just forgotten to order decaf. Maybe the barista had messed up her order, and it wasn’t even her fault. But regardless of the why of the current situation, the what was that she was, for one reason or another, drinking caffeinated coffee. And she had quickly been reminded as to why she wasn’t supposed to have caffeine.

In short: Caffeine + bipolar ≠ anything good.
In short: Azure had forgotten this fact momentarily, and bought caffeinated coffee
In short: Azure, while not completely manic, was definitely feeling somewhat manic. And this was not helping her find her scroll.

Azure was pulled from her spaced out state at the sudden sound of an explosion echoing down the hall. The area around her shook with the force of the blast, Azure lost her balance. Large amounts of frost and smoke were spilling out into the hallway, momentarily obscuring her vision.

“What... the fuck?” She said as the air began to clear. She picked herself up off the ground somewhat, pushing herself up to her elbows, one hand raised to shield her eyes as she peered towards the classroom a little ways down the hall, where it seemed the explosion had emanated from.

“You better not have blown up my scroll!” She called to whoever was in the room. She climbed to her feet, brushing ash from her clothes. She had dropped her coffee in the surprise of the explosion, what was left of it was slowly leaking across the linoleum tile floor. No matter, it was probably for the best anyways.

Entering the room, Azure’s eyebrows would shoot up in surprise and amusement. Her navy eyes surveyed the area, taking in the large amounts of ice and ash. Well, this was much more exciting that drab hallways, she thought. Eventually, her gaze came across the girl sitting against a wall, coated in frost and soot. With a somewhat amused smirk flickering across her face, Azure crossed the room to where the girl sat.

“If I had to render a guess,” she announced as she approached, “that is not the proper usage of Dust.” Upon reaching the girl, Azure brushed a layer of soot off a nearby desk and sat down on top of it, her legs swinging slightly so her boots scuffed lightly against the floor. She drummed her fingers against the edge of the desk, momentarily getting distracted by the ash that was still swirling through the air. She watched it drift towards the floor, the only thought running through her head being ashes, ashes, we all fall down. A laugh bubbled from her lips at this because, of course, her lip tattoo said ashes; ashes and her upcoming album was called all fall down and now she was sitting in just that exact situation with ashes falling down while sporting ink that said exactly that and wasn’t it just hilarious?

Right, she had a purpose for being in here.

She glanced back over at the girl, her eyes scanning over her. She didn’t recognize her; it was likely she had never had any classes with her. Azure hopped off the desk, dusting ash from clothes. She lent down, offering a gloved hand to the younger girl, intending to help her to her feet.

“You got a name?” She questioned, “or should I just call you frost face?”
1st Year Beacon Student - Team CASA: Azure Blair

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 10:44:13 PM »
Clara, who was still reeling from the explosion, was too preoccupied to hear anyone walk in.  So when she heard a voice call out to her, she lets out a quiet yet startled "Eep!" as her face jerks towards the source.  It takes Clara a few moments to actually register what's happening, partly due to the still-lingering pain, but mostly because she thought she was entirely alone.  However, the realization that she was, in fact, not alone caused a new concern to wash over her.

"Omigosh!  Did I catch you in the explosion, too?  You're not hurt, are you?" she hurriedly asks as she rushes up to the newcomer, her previous pain seemingly vanishing in the face of this new potential predicament.  Almost certainly stepping beyond the bounds of the "personal bubble", Clara rigorously inspects her counterpart for any sign of injury.  After confirming the other girl was indeed unharmed, Clara steps back with a relieved sigh, a bit of frost crunching underneath her ash covered foot.  "Thank goodness," she says, "I was worried someone might've gotten caught by surprise and not had any aura up.  That could've been bad."  Indeed, someone could have been seriously injured, or worse, Clara could have gotten sued!

Comfortable in the knowledge that her "experiments" haven't caused any grievous bodily harm, she takes a moment to look around the room.  Unfortunately, pretty much all of the dust that wasn't used for her test got scattered to the winds.  While it thankfully didn't activate, unless Clara wanted to pick up the remaining bits granule by granule, it was effectively still lost.  In an attempt to console herself, she tries to take a deep breath only to inhale a lingering cloud of ash, which sends her into a small coughing fit.

"Aw, jeez," she mutters to herself as she walks over to where her notebook landed, picking it up and dusting it off.  Fortunately, it got hit by more ice than fire, so it was still relatively in tact, and most of what was written on it was still there and legible.  At the very least, it was a small silver lining in this dark cloud of destruction.  Letting out another sigh, Clara mutters, "I'm gonna have to clean all this up, aren't I?"

She turns back towards the center of the room, stopping when she makes eye contact with the other woman who was still in the lab this entire time.  That's right, there was someone else here, Clara shouldn't be wondering off into her own thoughts all alone.  "Right, uh, I guess I should introduce myself, huh?" she says with a nervous chuckle while she scratches the back of her head.  She walks over to the faunus woman and extends a hand.  "Um, I'm Clara Meridiem.  I'd say I don't normally make a habit out of blowing myself up, but--well, I can't really say this is the first time it's happened."
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 03:55:09 PM »
“Nah I was down the hall,” Azure replied, chuckling at the girl’s concern. “Really, I’m-oh-okay then-” She blinked, surprised, as the girl examined her despite her assurance that she hadn’t sustained any damage. While Azure didn’t really have issues with physical contact—Lord knows she had little respect for personal space herself—it was just a bit surprising coming from someone whose name she didn’t even know.

“Really, I’m fine. It’s okay,” she insisted, lightly shrugging the girl off her. She let her gaze wander about the room some more, inspecting the extent of the damage. She had had her own fair share of Dust-related accidents in her time, what with Renegade being so reliant on the substance, but she couldn’t remember ever making a mess to such an extreme as this. She idly brushed ash from the shoulders of her jacket, not exactly the easiest feat given leather wasn’t a very slick material.

She chuckled at the girl’s next statement. “Nah you don’t got to worry, I was too far away to... find what I’m looking for....” Her words slowed towards the end of her statement, turning hesitant as she tried to fit the beginning of her sentence with a plausible ending. What had she been going to say originally? She was here because she was looking for her scroll. Had she been talking about scrolls? Scrolls rhymed with rolls and rolls would be delicious right now, she was hungry.

“Don’t you think the dining hall should be open all hours of the day? Like what if I’m hungry at 3 am, what can I do then? I don’t like hoarding snacks in my room because that can attract mice.” Mice rhymed with ice and spice and rice and twice. She wasn’t making any sense, was she? They hadn’t been talking about food, or scrolls, she was pretty sure. The girl’s coughing fit reminded her: Dust explosions.

“Should I get you a gas mask?” She asked, smirking, her voice amused. She watched the girl walk off, seemingly in her own little world. Azure could relate.

While the other girl was off finding her notebook, Azure began searching the messy room for her scroll. Thankfully, she came up empty handed, she wouldn’t have wanted it to get damaged in anyway. However, she did find a black pen that was only lightly coated in frost. She wiped the frost away, settling down atop a desk. Uncapping the pen, she began doodling across the back of her hand. When her hand was full, she switched to drawing on her legs, in the gaps of her ripped jeans. She began humming quietly, not any song in particular. She should write some more songs. But she didn’t have Renegade—or any guitar—with her at the moment. She would have to wait until she got back to her room.

Hearing the other girl mutter something, Azure glanced back up at her, consequently making eye contact with her. As the girl began to approach her, Azure stood up, capping  her pen and sliding it into her pocket.

“I’m Azure,” she responded, accepting the handshake. “Azure Blair.” She let go of the girl’s hand so she could play with her tail.

“You haven’t happened to see a scroll lying around anywhere, have you?” She questioned. “I’m pretty sure I left it in a lab, but I don’t know which one.” She peered around the room a bit. “I really hop it didn’t get blown up. That would be... less than ideal.”

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 11:21:19 PM »
As Clara went about picking up her notebook and the various other things she could recover, she absentmindedly answers Azure's seemingly random questions.  "Mm, it would be nice if it was, sometimes I get so caught up in what I'm doing that I end up working way past closing time and I have to go to bed on an empty stomach.  And if I tried to hold myself over with snacks, I'd probably just end up eating nothing but junk food, you know?" she responds, not even turning towards the person she's talking to as she dusts off her bag.  It seems as if her mouth and her mind are in two completely different places.

Clara continues with the gas mask question, barely even missing a beat, "Hmm, I doubt the faculty would let me use the lab if I said I needed a gas mask, since I doubt they'd want to risk a biohazard or anything like that.  Though, if this keeps happening, maybe I should think about it..."  She starts righting a few chairs, disturbing the soot and causing another small ash cloud to arise.  Thankfully, she expected this and managed to avoid inhaling any of it, but the cloud still stung her eyes, causing her to clench them shut and a small tear to shed.  She makes to wipe her eyes with her sleeve, but then remembers that her sleeve is also covered in soot, which would only make her situation worse. 

She was forced to open and shut her eyes in an attempt to flush the foreign material out, which is about the time she made eye contact with Azure and decided to make her introduction.  "It's a pleasure to meet you Azure," she says sincerely.  She does pause for a moment when she sees the other girl's hand covered in doodles, but doesn't really pay too much mind.  It might be a bit strange, but it takes all types, right?

"Uh, sorry, I haven't seen any scrolls," Clara answers.  "I've been here ever since class let out, and my last period was in this room, so..." she trails off for a moment, tapping her chin in thought.  "Ah!  If you want, I can try and call your scroll with mine.  It'll probably be faster than just going from room to room.  Well, you know, as long as it didn't get blown up," she finishes with an awkward chuckle.  Please, whatever divine force is watching, don't let her scroll be blown up!  Dust is already expensive enough as it is.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:09 PM »
“Yeah no, junk food is probably my only source of food at times. It’s a good thing I like exercise, otherwise I’d be a literal couch potato.” She chuckled as she spoke, coloring in the chips in her black nail polish with her pen. The design on her hand was beginning to invade the rest of her arm. She spaced out while drawing a myriad of small spirals, completely missing Clara’s response to her gas mask comment. She only snapped back to reality when she heard the other girl muttering to herself. Somehow, this was better at getting her attention at the moment than an actual conversation. Soon followed the introduction. Azure had never heard the name Clara Meridiem before, she must not be in any of her classes. Looking at the girl, Azure was positive she hadn’t even seen her around campus before. Or perhaps she had; she was terrible with remembering names and faces. She could have had a whole conversation with this girl some other time and had forgotten about it. Would pen write on windows? What if she just wrote her name on every window? Would she get in trouble? Would people find it funny? It wasn’t even funny it was just stupid—lot’s of things were stupid. Like faunus oppression and people who wear skirts over jeans. Why skirts and jeans? Just pick one and be happy with it! Did Clara recognize her? Probably not. Sure Azure might have built herself a reputation of being that annoying person who plays guitar at two in the morning—and everywhere on campus—but she didn’t think this girl was in her building.

“Right. We were having a conversation.” She clapped her hands together once, turning back to face Clara as she focused back in on actually interacting with the girl. “Hello, yes, hi, I don’t think I’ve met you before. It’s a pleasure to do so, too. Are we in any classes together? I don’t think so. I really need to.....stop drinking coffee.....” her words trailed off again as she momentarily spaced out once more. Her brain was too busy thinking of everything at once to focus on coherent thoughts, hence the spacing out as she tried to find a thought to think about properly.

She was bored. Even with all the excitement this room held, she was quickly getting bored of it. It was the same scenery for to long and she needed to be somewhere different. Where that different place was, she wasn’t sure. But it needed to be new and it needed to be soon.

“Here. Come. Walk with me while we call it—that’s a great idea by the way. I should have- er-no-nevermind-” She cut herself off as she realized it wouldn’t have mattered if she had thought to call her scroll earlier, as she would have has nothing to call it with until now. “But yeah. Great idea. Let’s go. Sorry I’m....” she gestured vaguely, “energized.” Her tail was wagging in excitement as she spoke, she didn’t even seem to notice it was doing so. She should probably just leave this poor girl alone, instead of forcing her to deal with her inability to stay in one place for more than a few minutes.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:04:32 PM by Azure Blair »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 02:26:54 PM »
Clara watched Azure color herself with the pen with a bit of a perplexed expression.  Wouldn't that be a pain to get out?  Sure, it'd be one thing if she didn't want to remove the doodles, but as soon as she put her hands under a sink, the ink would smudge and ruin any sort of design it held.  Not to mention, if she was looking for her scroll, why was she doodling on herself in the first place?  If Clara was missing her scroll, she'd be frantically looking for it, trying to get people to call it left and right.  She's not even particularly attached to it, either, it's just something she couldn't really afford to lose.  Yet Azure seemed...nonchalant?  carefree?  careless?  She made it seem like the whole ordeal was trivial with her attitude.  Maybe she was just distracting herself so she didn't have to think about it?  ...Maybe Clara should just ask instead of making a bunch of assumptions in her head.

"Um..." she started before Azure abruptly remembered a conversation was happening (in her defense, Clara wasn't doing that much to help).  "Uh, no, I'm pretty sure we don't have any classes together either, so this is almost certainly the first time we've met," Clara responds, confirming Azure's thoughts on the status of the two's acquaintanceship.  Also, what's the deal with caffeine at this school?  Clara distinctly recalls another student getting admonished for consuming too many energy drinks, something about how that much caffeine and sugar would be bad for her.

However, before she gets a chance to ask about it, Azure beckons for Clara to follow her out of the room, her tail wiggling excitedly.  Clara, for her part, was completely caught off-guard yet again and could only be swept up in the faunus's pace, responding, "Uh--um--o-okay?" before gathering up the rest of her salvageable things and chasing after her.  She's briefly concerned about leaving the lab in that sorry state, but, frankly, she doesn't want to be in there anymore either.  Besides, it's not like the mess is going anywhere.  After Clara helps Azure find her scroll, she'll go back and clean it up then.  Yeah, that's totally what she's going to do, absolutely.  For sure.

After catching back up with the other girl, Clara says, "Um, I kind of need your number if I'm going to call your scroll, you know?"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 05:30:43 PM »
“Well that’s great! I love meeting new people!” Azure was much like a happy golden retriever, with her tail wagging aggressively and her excitement at meeting new people overly abundant. People had always fascinated Azure, she had always been an incredibly social person, even when she was younger. To Azure, meeting knew people was just another way of exploring the world. Everyone had their own perspectives and their own beliefs and personalities and ideas, all reflective of different places in the world. So getting to know people was almost the same as going to new places, Azure thought.

Was the intonation of Renegade all fixed? She had made the mistake of propping it up against the bathroom sink while she was taking a shower a few days ago. Seeing as she was one to take very long, hot showers (and sing unabashedly while she was at it), the heat and humidity of the shower had messed with the tuning of Renegade’s strings. She was pretty sure it had fucked up the intonation as well, she would need to readjust the bridge.

Why was she thinking about guitars again? Did that have anything to do with anything? Not really. But she did need to call her locker once she got her scroll back, then she could get to work fixing Renegade.

She felt kind of bad for rushing the other girl around with her on her hunt for her scroll. Well, at least she was giving her an excuse to not have to clean up the mess in the lab, right?

Azure was a good ways into the hall by the time Clara mentioned needing her number.

“Oh shit! Right! Yeah!” She turned back to face the girl, taking her scroll and creating a contact for herself. Naturally, she named the contact Azureeeeeeee with a flurry of smiley face emoticons following it. “There we go” she said, handing the phone. Was making an entire contact necessary? Probably not. Now that she thought about it, she could probably have been just as successful by calling her number instead of making an entire contact. But, what’s done is done, and the contact had already been made.

“You know, after this we should totally...come back to be nice to have something interesting.... I mean- no. What? That wasn’t even a sentence- sorry.” Word salad, much? She still needed to fix her guitar. Ha, guitar rhymed with car-- rode trips were fun maybe she should go on a road trip.....or go on tour! She liked the sound of touring. Touring was fun except for when it wasn’t.

“I don’t even having anything to tour for....” she muttered to herself, her gaze having wandered down to the details in the linoleum tile. She was still supposed to be searching for her scroll.

“God  why is this so difficult?” She groaned, dragging her hands through her hair as looked back up at Clara. “I’m supposed to be looking for my scroll why can’t I just focus and look! For! The fricken! Scroll?” She clapped the back of her hand against her fingers with each word, pacing in a small circle around the hallway as she chastised herself. “Let’s just-- call the scroll. Find the scroll. Then I can get my guitar. That’s the plan!” She turned back to Clara as she dictated her thoughts, smoothing her hair back down as she did so.. It was easier to have a coherent train of thought when she spoke out loud, picking out the single ideas from everything else she was thinking about.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 12:03:19 AM »
"Uh, yeah, nice to meet you, too!" Clara responds to the enthusiastic faunus, although she's pretty sure she covered the whole "meet and greet" part already.  She's honestly not quite sure what to make of Azure, who seems to be bouncing about with an unlimited source of energy.  Not that boundless energy is a bad thing, of course, it's just, well, unusual to see it at such an extreme.  She did say she was "wired", though.  Is there more to that?

Clara's forced out of her thoughts when Azure snatches her scroll away and starts typing away at it.  "Ah--um," are the only words she can get out as the faunus happily taps away at the screen.  Clara was just going to ask for the number and dial it in, but making a contact works, too, she guesses.  At least this way, if Azure loses her phone around Clara again, she can just call it without wasting any time. 

When Azure finally hands the scroll back, Clara quietly says a quick "thank you" before beginning to look for Azure's entry.  She raises an eyebrow at all the extra flair and emoticons, but doesn't say anything about it.  At this point, Clara just chalks it up to her new acquaintance's eccentricities.

However, eccentric behavior can only explain so much, and when Azure starts speaking gibberish, Clara pipes up with a concerned expression.  "Um, is everything alright?  Are you ok?"  It doesn't take a genius to tell when someone's getting frustrated, especially when they start groaning and running their hands through their hair.  "Here--yeah, let me just call it, we'll get this all sorted out"

She hits the call button on Azure's contact page and waits for a ring.

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 12:32:32 AM »
“What? No, yeah, totally. I’m fine. Yeah,” she stated, her gaze snapping back up to Clara at the question. “I just... had a bit too much coffee and now everything is...” she gestured vaguely, attempting to indicate her wandering train of thought. More like seven wandering trains of thought. “Yeah focusing isn’t really working out for me right now. I thought I ordered decaf, but either I forgot or my order was messed up or-” her voice cut out, her shoulders dropping as she sighed in quiet frustration. “Yeah regardless, I had too much caffeine. And now.... yeah...” Her tail stopped wagging, she wrapped it around her waist.

“Yeah sorry about.... stuff....” she gestured once more, indicating ‘everything’. She nodded at Clara’s suggestion. “Yeah. Sounds good. I don’t know if I have my ringer on very loudly though.” She paused to listen for any type of ringing, hearing nothing. She began moving down the hall, going from door to door, trying to hear anything that sounded like a ringing scroll. What was her ringtone again? Did she even keep her scroll on ring? She was pretty sure she just kept it on vibrate. But maybe that wasn’t the case. She couldn’t remember.

She stopped by a door, thinking she might have heard a faint buzzing from inside the room. It stopped quickly thought, probably because the call went to voice mail.

“Wait try calling again...” she said, staying crouching by the door. Maybe she hadn’t actually heard her scroll, but she definitely needed to check. She was still hungry, too, coffee seemed to make her hungry. Well, she couldn’t be certain, given she was more of a tea person than a coffee person, but she had been noticing that every time she drank coffee it made her hungry. Maybe because coffee was like coffee cake, and coffee cake was delicious and something she would be down to eat at any time.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2019, 01:58:51 AM »
Clara wasn't really sure what to say to Azure as she started confessing the true nature of her issue.  She can tell the faunus is especially troubled by it though, as evidenced by Azure's very telling body language, and Clara felt the need to help.  "Don't worry about it!" Clara began cheerfully, [color=#cyan]"I'm not really sure what coffee has to do with it, but if it's hard to focus right now, just let me do it!"[/color]  Because that's totally how this problem works, right?

"Seriously, sometimes I focus too much on one thing that it's actually bad for me.  Happens a lot, to be honest:  there was this one time I was tinkering with my brother's weapon and trying to figure out how it works, and I was so busy tinkering with it that he came back from his two-day trip and walked in on me with all of his dust spread out around the room.  Just for reference I started when he left the morning before he left and didn't stop till he came back and kicked me out ," she says, trying to reassure Azure.  She then realizes that telling someone that she goes days without eating might raise a few alarm bells, and hurriedly adds, "That was years ago though, these days I just forget about lunch every once in a while!"  That should reassure her.

As Clara calls Azure's scroll, she listens for any sign of a ringtone, but hears none.  She briefly wonders why Azure wouldn't have her ringer on full blast, and then it dawns on her that many students aren't like her and enjoy socializing even during class.  A scroll going off from a text message during a lecture probably wouldn't end to well.  And judging from Azure's looks and demeanor...yeah, she's almost definitely the type that likes to socialize.  Finding her scroll might be a lot harder than Clara initially thought.

However, Azure seemed to have heard something.  As she crouches by a nearby door and tells Clara to call again, she does so and listens intently for any sign of a scroll ringtone.  After a few seconds, though, Clara says, "Um, I don't hear anything..."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Azure Blair

• Been Around

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »
“Yeah this is just.... how my body reacts to caffeine,” Azure laughed lightly, hoping Clara would buy the lie well enough. It wasn’t a complete lie, her current state had been brought on by drinking coffee, after all. Of course, she knew it hadn’t been the coffee alone, there had been other factors such as her deteriorating sleep schedule and tendency to forget to take her meds when she was supposed to, but she figured the coffee had been the tipping point between her regular abundance of energy (of which she had an above average level of regardless) and a mild episode. Now she was stuck trying to figure out how gazelles related at all to their current topic of conversation. Not at all, she thought. And yet she had had some random comment about gazelles right at the tip of her tongue before she had kept herself from saying it. She really should think before she spoke, shouldn’t she?

Azure nodded along to Clara’s story, glancing up at her as she finished. She didn’t believe her rushed addition of reassurance, given the way Clara spoke of hyperfocus as though it were an ongoing issue. Azure didn’t mind, however, she wasn’t one to judge for that sort of thing. How could she when she herself had found herself obsessively preoccupied with a task for days at a time, working until someone physically stopped her?

“Yeah no, I get it. Totally.” She laughed once more, her tone amused. “Ya know, sometimes I get so in the zone when writing music that I’ll spend multiple days just playing and practicing. One time I was in the studio for like, an entire weekend until someone came in on Monday and told me to go home. Crazy thing is, I wasn’t even tired or anything, I just went home and kept working on stuff.” She chuckled slightly at the memory. That had definitely not been one of her finest moments, to say the least. Almost as bad as the time she thought it was a good idea to try to jump from the 3rd floor balcony of her hotel room into the pool below, and had ended up just hitting plain concrete. If it wasn’t for her aura, she was pretty sure her recklessness would have gotten her killed, or at least severely injured, that night.

As Clara called her scroll again, Azure kept her ear by the door, listening intently.

“Yeah there’s like, a kind of buzzing, yeah?” She said quietly. Unless she had somehow managed to descend into psychosis and was now hallucinating the buzzing, she is 99% sure that she can hear the sound of an object vibrating against a hard surface. She straightens up, trying the door handle. Of course it was the one classroom in the hall that was locked. She had tried this door earlier, she remembered, but had been deterred by its locked state. What if she hadn’t been? What if she had picked the lock or burst through the door to check the room? Then she would have never met Clara, nor gotten caught in a dust explosion. Maybe it was fate that she had been too impatient to mess with the locked door earlier. Ha, fate rhymed with hate and mate and date and late. She didn’t believe in destiny; or maybe she did? She didn’t know. It would be neat to have a destiny, she thought; it would make everything so much easier and more bearable, knowing that everything would happen for a reason and lead to a set conclusion. But alas, she didn’t think such a thing to be realistic. What was she doing again? Oh right, the locked door issue.

“I don’t supposed you got a bobby pin on ya?” She questioned Clara, only half joking. She could probably pick the lock if she needed to, but she was secretly hoping she would get to kick the door down. It would be much more fun, she thought. She had only kicked a door down once before in her life, despite giving off the appearance and attitude that she was the type of person to do so regularly. She could barely even remember what she had been kicking the door down for in the first place; probably something of questionable legality, she had been a little out of control in her younger years, after all.