Author Topic: Kisha Miles  (Read 11014 times)

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Kisha Miles
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
CHARACTER

Name: Kisha Miles

Species and Gender: Human, Female

Symbol: A halfway unwrapped chocolate coin

Appearance:

Voice reference: Brittney Karbowski

Kisha is a young woman that stands at 5'5 and 114 Ibs, has short, ombre brown hair, often kept messily and has dark brown eyes.

She wears a chestnut brown coat over a tube top consisting of beige-shaded colors and she has black, fingerless gloves. The coat has lighter brown short sleeves, a thin protruding collar, and two long triangular tails. She also wears short black pants which slightly exposes her thighs.

Around her hips and over the tails of her coat is a brown belt, which has a dagger-holster on the left side with her symbol emblazoned on it. In addition, the thick black shoulder strap of her quiver runs over her right shoulder and chest. She wears knee high brown boots with a beige zipper on the upper half of the back of the boots.

A small mechanism, which is only really visible in combat, is fastened behind her left ear. If this is slipped down, a lens moves in front of her eye, giving the one who wears it a wider and sharper view.

History:

Kisha has been the bright and curious bunch she is today since birth. Enthusiastic about everything and with the goal to have everyone as a friend she strolled through life. A very simple life to be exact.
Her parents were both trained hunters, highly respected and great demanded to be honest. They often took the most difficult and time-consuming missions and were therefore rarely home to raise their daughter. For Kisha, however, this had never been a problem.
She spent most of her time with her grandparents, who owned the chocolate shop "Schokoradar" in Stemswell. Already as a child that could barely speak right she had helped out in the kitchen and was fascinated by the many possibilities that are revealed when baking. And she took full advantage of this. Kisha was gifted at baking pretty much everything that came across her.

Whenever her parents weren't on missions, they would spend their time telling her about them. How they defeated Grimm or stopped a criminal gang. And every time her parents left for the next mission, she asked if she could join. Sadly, this was less because she wanted to do something with her parents and more for experiencing the adventures they always told her. It never happened.
Despite all this, Kisha began to take her parents as idols and made the decision to become a huntress herself. She had hardly been to school when she started running and practicing with wooden weapons. She was also sent to a combat school a few years later and participated in many weapon workshops.
Her life was perfect. She had a place to live, an incredible number of friends, the chance to fulfill her dream.

But, one day, a man in uniform came to the chocolate store, telling her grandparents the news. The mission her parents signed up for went wrong and both were killed. You'd think that death would hurt less because she had so little contact with her parents, but even if that was true, that couldn't change the fact that she was completely devastated... For a day. The next morning she was standing outside the store, holding the bow her mother gave her and practiced. Like she did every day. No grief, no regrets. Or at least she didn't show any. She locked them up, trying her best to keep her goal in mind. Becoming a huntress. That's what her parents inspired her to. If she couldn't do that, she would never forgive herself.

She went on with a big grin and made it her duty to let every person participate in her life. She lived with the smile that could only appear after the death of her parents. A smile, that tells you to live in the moment. That it could be over any second. But she didn't fear death. She wanted to meet him with a big smile and show him who's boss. But deep, very deep behind this smile, is a fragile person, just waiting for the outbreak.
As beacon started to invite Students to learn at their academy again, she signed up immediately and passed the entrance exam with flying colors.

Personality:

Kisha is extremely bright, cheerful, excitable, quirky, outgoing, and is even a bit wild. She is known to be hyperactive and talks extremely fast. Even within the members of her team, she comes off as very excited and loud. She is overloaded with enthusiasm, jumping all over the place and doesn't know where to put all the superfluous energy.

She is always willing to join in and contribute to the cause somehow. Because of her being so random, however, a lot of the other people, and even her friends don't always take her seriously. Most of the time they don't really understand her either.

She's a happy-go-lucky person, living her life with a huge smile and always tries to make the people around her happy. If she sees a person devastated, especially if it's one of her friends, she makes it her duty to cheer them up and does not leave until this goal is fulfilled.

She tends to tease the people around her and often tries to push the patience of particular persons, all of course in her friendly and silly way.

Aura and Semblance:

Kisha's Aura is caramel colored

Kisha has the ability to summon portals by rotating her hand in a circular motion and throwing them to wherever she wants them to appear. The portals have a reach of about 30-40 meters and will stay wherever she throws them, even if this place is midst the air. She uses these to outmaneuver and confuse her opponents in battle, allowing her to shift instantly between all attack ranges. She has also the ability to redirect most attacks thrown at her, either back at her foe or just to avoid getting hit. The limitation here is that she can create only two portals at once. If she tries to create a third one, the first will disappear.

The portals, when going through them, have a similar effect as the most extreme roller coaster ever invented and will leave the person with serious balance problems, sometimes even nausea. Kisha herself is not affected by this, this is rather because she is used to the effect of the portals, due to her years of use. Size and duration are usually no problem. The size of the portal depends on the size of her hand movement, however, the portals will always be a bit larger than its hand-circle-counterpart. The standard size is barely big enough to fit her. Everything bigger than this will get exhausting and hard to keep open for a long time.

It may happen that the portals close while something or someone is still inside. If this Person or thing is more than 50% inside the portal, it will be blasted out of it, due to pressure. If the person is less than 50% in the portal it will be thrown

(Portal reference. Ignore the other stuff)

Combat Behavior:

Kisha is an archer with a skill that can only be described as masterful, able to quickly aim and fire at several targets in quick succession. She is very acrobatic in combat, easily dodging or flipping, in return for that she lacks in physical strength. It’s good enough to hold her own, but it’s not something that she can rely on. She usually dodges enemy attacks, as she lacks the strength to block them for too long.
She is most effective in longe range, and mediocre in close combat. Her biggest struggle is in hand to hand combat, where the outcome is almost always guaranteed to be a loss.

Kisha is very cooperative in the group and rather follows instructions than giving them. She is very well able to come up with plans for herself, but most of the time they have a logic that only she could understand. Thinking outside the box is one of the things that defines her, but even if her strategies are successful most of the time, there can also be huge gaps in them, which she will only be aware of afterward.

WEAPON

Name: Cocoa

Primary Form:

Cocoa is a double-edged iron thrusting dagger with a blade of 11 inches. It has two short, side-facing blades that look like outstretched wings where blade and handle intersect. The handle is covered with a dark brown fabric and decorated with a white stone at its end.

Secondary Form:

The blade of the dagger is divided into two plates. During the transformation to the sword, the one plate shoves itself above the other and extends the blade with it. At the same time, the blade is raised slightly further from the handle, increasing the length to 25 inches.

Tertiary Form:

The blade extends and separates itself into several smaller sections, then bent into a somewhat C shape, with the handle of the dagger flipping over and placing itself in the center of the blade. By separating the blade, the thread will be released from the handle, so that it can firmly attach between the tip and the end of the blade, making the Sword to a bow.
Her quiver is split into four sections, with each section able to store 8 arrows. Each of these four sections is specially created to carry one type of arrow. Each of the arrows are also equipped with a small metal rail on which Kisha can attach grenades.

Dusk Functions:

Kisha has many different types of Dust modified arrows but is only able to carry four different types at a time, with the exception of three signal arrows attached to her shoulder strap.

Normal arrows: Like the name implies, it's a normal arrow with no modifications.

Ice arrows: An arrow that covers the opponent or object with a layer of ice. The ice isn't very thick but will slow down the opponents' movements even after crashing the ice.

Fire arrows: The arrow ignites a fire whenever the Dust is triggered. These are the arrows she works with the most.

Lightning arrows: This type of arrow discharges an electric shock as soon as it hits an object or person. It can cause short-term cramps.

Wind arrows: These arrows are faster than any other, and instead of decreasing its speed, they are getting faster and faster the longer they are in the air, which makes them especially effective on a long trajectory.

Gravity arrows: The arrows take away the gravity of an object for a short time and let it float. The effect withdraws soon after something or someone comes into contact with it.

Energy arrows: This type of arrow creates a short, but very solid barrier, mid-air which blocks enemy attacks.

Signal arrows: The arrows are processed with a highly concentrated mixture of fire and energy-dust. The arrow bursts in red glowing fireworks when fired, and also lets out a loud popping sound.

History:

Kisha has made the weapon on her own and it's supposed to be duplicates of her parents' weapons.

Other:

Kisha has three hydrogen- and three smoke grenades attached to her belt.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:03:14 PM by DEXES »
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Kisha Miles
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:29:16 AM »
Chocolate eh? I love chocolate. Now, let's take a lookie here.

First thing noticeable are some minor grammatical and punctuation errors. If possible reread the profile and adjust the unnecessary capital letters and all that jazz.

Appearance seems fine. Face claim looks very quirky and chocolatey. Theme sticking, thats good. Symbol however seems odd for the theme, would have expected a chocolate bar or something else at first glance. No real problems.there but it looks a lil off.

History

Town doesn't seem to be a real thing in canon and we don't have any such named towns in our worldbuilds. Might be safer to just say " a small town to the west of vale" or something similar.

She took courses to learn how to make and modifie weapons and with 16 years she made her masterpiece Demanon.

I assume you mean by the age 16 and not 16 years of weapon making and training. The way it's written makes it a tad bit confusing. Please edit accordingly. Also it would.be adviseable to have her actually attend an initial combat academy where all the basics of weapin making and fighting would be covered. Unless you're planning on throwing her into Beacon with self training alone. Thats a bit unlikely.

The nature of the examination isn't exactly what usually happens. In fact we don't really know per se but in general it's expected to be akin to normal written exams and then an initiation(like in volume 1. the whole fling them into a forest bit)

Might need to remove the whole grimm fight unfortunately as her examination. If you do want to keep it however you can.insert it somewhere else in history like a random encounter and her victory increased her determination and the like. Just my two cents. Of course she'd actually have to know how to fight, hence the initial combat academy necessity or some other source of training.

(advice:  dont go the random hunstman teaching her bit. Becoming a little over used by people and it's kinda creepy)

Spacing and grammar could use a little brushing up if possible in this part. The beowolf foght looks like a block of text but it's not too important at the moment since its readable.

Personality seems fine, save for the sentence fragments and minor spelling errors and wall o' text again. Don't be afraid to use separate paragraphs for stuff.

A little suggestion though. She lost her parents and as a teen, her most emotional time in life, I'd expect something to come out of it. How did her parent's deaths affect her? Does remembering them trigger sadness or fond memories and determination?

Semblance. Again seems fine but the nausea thing could be lessebed to something like disorientation, seeing as how suddenly changing gravity would be weird. If you eabt to keep the nuasea I'd have to suggest amit affecting her as well but in all due honesty it's not really that needed.

Now, big question hers. How do the portals close? Do they close up? or do they poof away? What happens if something is stil between the portals, like a limb or a stick or a hard piece of steel? Would the portal still be functionable or would it cut the object, eject the object then close, or something else? This is important just in case something gets stuck in it during a thread.

Another question.

Can she make the portals hover in place? Can they stop at a specific place if she wanted to? Or do they need a flat surface like with the gane *Portal*?

Combat behaviour is fine as is I guess but a greatsword isn't easy to wield so the fast bit would be a bit off when using it. Sure it might still be swift cutting and all but no nearly as maneuverable as shroter weapons. Also wouldnt that get stuck in her portal with that height? *Shrug*

Weapon.

Damn, greatsword eh? Was expecting a giant chocolate mold missle launcher. Can't have em all I guess.

Belt transformation seems odd, and I'm guessing it breaks apart like a snake blade whip for storage? Please clarify.

Bow image looks reaaaaly complicated despite the initial form. Though I'd take that more as a placeholder I guess.

Dust functions check out but I advise adding a unit of measurement to those area of effect arrows.

Thats all I guess for now. Please adjust accordingly.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:37:08 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
First thing noticeable are some minor grammatical and punctuation errors. If possible reread the profile and adjust the unnecessary capital letters and all that jazz.
Well, my gramma isn´t that good in general, but I tried to fix most of it Oh, and I edit the captial letters to small ones

Symbol however seems odd for the theme, would have expected a chocolate bar or something else at first glance.
I did actually planned to use https://vramon249.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/chocolate.png but i wanted something in black and white but when I searched for something like this the results which were shown to me just didn´t fit in my opinion

Town doesn't seem to be a real thing in canon and we don't have any such named towns in our worldbuilds. Might be safer to just say " a small town to the west of vale" or something similar

I assume you mean by the age 16 and not 16 years of weapon making and training. The way it's written makes it a tad bit confusing. Please edit accordingly. Also it would.be adviseable to have her actually attend an initial combat academy where all the basics of weapin making and fighting would be covered. Unless you're planning on throwing her into Beacon with self training alone. Thats a bit unlikely.

I changed it with the town to only "a village in the west of vale" and I corrected the part with the age and that she went to an combat school

The nature of the examination isn't exactly what usually happens. In fact we don't really know per se but in general it's expected to be akin to normal written exams and then an initiation
Okay, just removed it  ;)

Personality seems fine, save for the sentence fragments and minor spelling errors and wall o' text again. Don't be afraid to use separate paragraphs for stuff.
I hope it´s okay like this

A little suggestion though. She lost her parents and as a teen, her most emotional time in life, I'd expect something to come out of it. How did her parent's deaths affect her? Does remembering them trigger sadness or fond memories and determination?

I edited that she was sad, but not for that long, because she new her parents didn´t want her to be sad for the rest of her life, but the mention of her parents will make her a bit depressive.

Semblance. Again seems fine but the nausea thing could be lessebed to something like disorientation, seeing as how suddenly changing gravity would be weird. If you eabt to keep the nuasea I'd have to suggest amit affecting her as well but in all due honesty it's not really that needed.
I changed it to only balance problems because others aren´t used to it

Now, big question hers. How do the portals close? Do they close up? or do they poof away? What happens if something is stil between the portals, like a limb or a stick or a hard piece of steel? Would the portal still be functionable or would it cut the object, eject the object then close, or something else? This is important just in case something gets stuck in it during a thread.

They stay open until Kisha decides to close them.

Can she make the portals hover in place? Can they stop at a specific place if she wanted to? Or do they need a flat surface like with the gane *Portal*?
They can stay in the air, without an wall behind them

I also edited a link to a video which may can help imagine how the portals work

Belt transformation seems odd, and I'm guessing it breaks apart like a snake blade whip for storage? Please clarify.
Belt? Maybe you prescribed, because the blade transforms and not the belt. Anyway, I´m not really sure how to descripe it better

Bow image looks reaaaaly complicated despite the initial form. Though I'd take that more as a placeholder I guess.
I changed the immage ;)

I hope I didn´t forget anything

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 04:45:23 AM »
Okay so everything before the portals seems okay now though you did forget to say what would happen if someone stayed inside the portal hole while it was closing or disappearing.

Like for instance, wakfu dude could peek out and hit others but what if he cloaed the portal on himself or something else while it was still halfway through? That's the only thing I'm wondering about now.

For the weapon's belt storage. So it's like a very bendy sword when stored? does it segment like a snakeblade to be stored? or like a piece of flimsy paper inserted into a pocket of some sort?

Correction. Mixed that up with something else I read. Stupid mistake.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:25:46 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 12:45:17 PM »
Okay so everything before the portals seems okay now though you did forget to say what would happen if someone stayed inside the portal hole while it was closing or disappearing

o It may happen that the portals close while something or someone is still in there. If this Person or thing is more that 50% through the portal, it will being plast out of it, due to pressure. If the person is less than 50% in the portal it will be thrown back through the other portal.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 01:25:45 AM »
I think you mean blast but tha ks for clarifying. Approved +1
Students

Professors

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 04:05:41 PM »
Mostly grammar and stuff. Nothing really major.

Appearance:

With an hight of 1,65cm and a weight of 62kg, Kisha is in the average of an ‚normal‘ girl of her age. She has a pale skin color, brown eyes and a mix of different shades of brown colored, short hair. She has a round face, with a small nose and slightly big eyes.
  • "Height"
  • Should be "a" instead of "an". Also unsure about the use of the " , " and " ' "
History:

Kisha was born in a small village in the west of vale. She spend a lot of time with her grandparents (maternal) because her parents were often at work. They were huntsmen and huntress, but not just any. Kouta and Sy Miles were highly respected huntsmen and were always asked to do the most dangerous missions. They meet at beacon academy, got married and had a child, her. Her grandparents owned a Choclate shop, where she spend most of her time, helping to work. Thats were she got her nickname, Schoko. One of her friends started calling her like this, after saying she read in a book that schoko means chocolate in another language.
  • "Chocolate"
  • "That's where"
Even though Kisha didn't spend much time with her parents, she always looked up to them and she made her goal, to become a huntress just like them. She started practicing with a wooden sword when she was 9 and as a present for her 12 birthday her mother gave her a bow. She made herself an own schedule when to practice with what. At the age of 13 she enterd a combat school, even though she was good with her weapon already.
When she was 14 a message arrived at the chocolate shop. Both of her parents died on the mission they were participate in, together with 3 other huntsmen.
Although she was sad and depressed by her parents decease, she keept on training and looked forward. She new her parents didn´t want her to be sad for the rest of her life, even though remembering them will lead her to stop being that hyperactive for a while.
  • "Entered"
  • "kept"
  • "knew"
  • "didn't" (has extra space)
She took courses to learn how to make and modifie weapons and with the age of 16 she made her masterpiece Demanon. Right after that she sign in for the exam to be accepted to beacon academy.
  • "modify"
Personality:

Kisha is a kind and helpful woman. She acts a bit hyperactive and never knows when to shut up, what can lead to her friends telling her that she's annoying, which she always takes really serious. She was never good with criticism. Kisha always tyries to see the positive side of things and is always up for a joke. Even if she doesn't like someone, she will go up to this person and help them, if they really need it. For her, friendship is one of the most important things in the world, and she would do everything to protect her friends, what leads to her loyalty. If you have her trust once, what isn’t hard to earn, you have it forever, or untill you betray her. She than completely breaks down and falls into a short but bad depression.
  • "tries"
  • "until"
Even though she has a happy and silly nature she can be serious. If a fight takes a bad turn for her, her happiness shuts completely down and she tries everything to win. You can see similar reaction if somebody jokey about death or bullies people. She will probably forgive them in the end anyway, but untill than you really shouldn't mess with her.
  • "util"
For the student and learn part, she isn't the best option. Kisha often don't pay attention and is completely lost in thoughts while class. She also doesn't try hard with her studies. Her Motto is 'I trust my bad luck' and most of the time, she passes with an 2-3 (B-C)
  • A little awkward to read. Consider rewording. (Example: "When it comes to being a student, she isn't the best.")
  • "a"
Aura and Semblance:

Kisha’s semblace are portals.
  • "semblance"
It's rare, but sometimes a semblace can be inherited through the family. That's what happend to Kisha. She inherited the portals from her father
  • "semblance"
  • "happened"
  • Needs a period at the end.
She Forms a circle with both hands creating a portal on each side. She than can throw them like a frisbie wherever she wants to and the portal will stay there, even if this place is midst in the air. Kisha can only create two portals at once. If she tries to create a third one, the first one will disappear. Everything and everyone can go through the portals but everyone besides Kisha will get balance problems, through not being used to it. Kisha also can decide the size of the portals, and how long they stay open. They don´t have a timelimit and leaving them open for a long time doesn´t effect Kishas endurance, but the bigger the portals are, the more exhausted she get. The biggest portal she can create is only big enough to fit three Humans at once. It may happen that the portals close while something or someone is still in there. If this Person or thing is more that 50% through the portal, it will being blast out of it, due to pressure. If the person is less than 50% in the portal it will be thrown back through the other portal.
She will also be exhausted if she creates to many portals after another. After making ten portals she needs a break, if she doesn't take one, she will collapse.
  • "then"
  • "frisbee"
  • "doesn't"
  • "Kisha's"
  • Not a fan having no time limit, but they also don't really do anything by themselves. I'd at least like to see them break when he becomes unconscious and break after a certain distance (nothing that would interfere with combat, but for example, no ultra long-distance portaling between Atlas and Beacon or between Shade and Haven. Beacon to Forever Fall or Beacon to the city is probably OK, though).
  • (nothing here)
Combat Behavior:
Kisha never fought together with other people befor, which makes her more effective in a 1 vs 1 fight. She prefers to fight defensive rather than offensive which leads to her using her weapon in it's bow form befor turning it to her sword. One exceptions would be, if she don't have any cover from where to shoot. In a open field she will mostly likely uses her weapon in the sword form first.
  • "before" x2
Even though she never fought in a group she will be cooperative and will listen to her leader, but if she sees a better option for a plan herself, she will simple act on her own. Kisha is fast and maneuverable, which is important. She doesn't wear any armor and if she gets hit, the hit WILL leave a mark. Using her semblance in fights isn't rare either.
  • "simply"
Even though she likes it more to keep her semblance a secret from the enemy (If it's a human. she doesn't care if it's a grimm) The portals help her keeping her distance or to block attacks. They can also work as an escape route for her and her teammates (Although the sideeffect will give them balance problems)
She is good in improvise plans and she is a good strategist, still, she wouldn't be good as a leader, because she hate's to give people orders.
  • "side-effect"
WEAPON

Primary Form:

Demanon is in his primary Form a sword, a german "Zweihänder" to be exactly. It is wielded with both hands, is 130cm Long (80cm the Blade) and is 3cm wide. It weight 2 kg and the handle is made of light metal. Because of the length, it has a module where you can insert most of the blade, so that it can fit in a belt. Thanks to the module(s) It can also turn in his secondary Form. In the primary Form Demanon can not use dust
  • "weighs"
Fire arrows: The Arrow will make a small fire, Wherever it hits. It burns longer on meterial like wood or wool, than metall or stone, just like normal fire. It can’t be used in water or if it’s rainy.
  • "material"
  • "metal"
  • As a side-note, aura helps protect against burning.
Lightning arrows: As soon the arrow hits his target, the bodypart it hits will get in the area of 10cm² cramps, If it hits the head the person will get migraine
  • "body part"
  • Add period at end.
  • Again, aura may protect against the effects.
History:

Kisha’s parents died when she was 16. Even though she never had so much contact with them, she knew exactly which weapons they used. So she mad a duplicate of her fathers sword and her mothers Bow and fused them. It took some tries but in the end she made her masterpiece Demanon
  • "made"
  • "father's"
  • "mother's"
  • Add period.
The transformationen: Thanks to the modules the blade can reduce his length. A string will shoot out at the bottom of the handle and attaches itself to the tip of the blade. The Handle will, thanks to another module, extend and bend itself to the shape of an bow. To transform the weapon back, the string will tear due to pressure and the rest of the bow will transform back. The weapon stores 20 strings and Kisha reloads them after every fight.
  • "transformation"
Weapon Name: Gas grenade

Description: Kisha has six gas grenade on her belt. The gas creates a slight fog and is explosive if it comes in touch with fire
  • Add period.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 04:08:04 PM by Kaliot »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 09:54:22 AM »
First off, thanks for the correction. I'm still learning the english language and I'm glad that somebody looked over it and told me the mistakes

Well, I correctet the spelling ( To write every single word I correctet in here wouldn't be necessary, right?)

And with the portals, they doesn't have a that long reach. Only as far as as 30-40 meters, so you can´t just move from beacon to forever fall with only using the portals once

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 10:13:33 AM »
Glad I could help!

Approved.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 03:58:46 PM »
Pre-edits: ShowHide
CHARACTER

Nickname: Schoko (Means chocolate in german)

Symbol:

Theme: LINK

Appearance:

[Spoiler]

With an height of 1,65cm and a weight of 62kg, Kisha is in the average of an normal girl of her age. She has a pale skin color, brown eyes and a mix of different shades of brown colored, short hair. She has a round face, with a small nose and slightly big eyes.

Her everyday clothes includes a brown short armed hoodie, which has her nickname ‚Schoko, written on a name tag on her left side. This name is also stitched on her Hood along with ears, eyes and a mouth of a cartoon-guinea pig. She is wearing gray shorts, which has her symbol on the right side.

In combat, she has a dark brown, large quiver for arrows on her bag and also a dark brown belt for her weapons first form.

Spoiler: ShowHide

History:

Kisha was born in a small village in the west of vale. She spend a lot of time with her grandparents (maternal) because her parents were often at work. They were huntsmen and huntress, but not just any. Kouta and Sy Miles were highly respected huntsmen and were always asked to do the most dangerous missions. They meet at beacon academy, got married and had a child, her. Her grandparents owned a chocolate shop, where she spend most of her time, helping to work. That's where she got her nickname, Schoko. One of her friends started calling her like this, after saying she read in a book that schoko means chocolate in another language.

Even though Kisha didn't spend much time with her parents, she always looked up to them and she made her goal, to become a huntress just like them. She started practicing with a wooden sword when she was 9 and as a present for her 12 birthday her mother gave her a bow. She made herself an own schedule when to practice with what. At the age of 13 she entered a combat school, even though she was good with her weapon already.
When she was 14 a message arrived at the chocolate shop. Both of her parents died on the mission they were participate in, together with 3 other huntsmen.
Although she was sad and depressed by her parents decease, she kept on training and looked forward. She knew her parents didn't want her to be sad for the rest of her life, even though remembering them will lead her to stop being that hyperactive for a while.

She took courses to learn how to make and modify weapons and with the age of 16 she made her masterpiece Demanon. Right after that she sign in for the exam to be accepted to beacon academy.

A week after the entering exam Kisha received a letter. An acceptance to beacon academy.

Personality:

Kisha is a kind and helpful woman. She acts a bit hyperactive and never knows when to shut up, what can lead to her friends telling her that she's annoying, which she always takes really serious. She was never good with criticism. Kisha always tries to see the positive side of things and is always up for a joke. Even if she doesn't like someone, she will go up to this person and help them, if they really need it. For her, friendship is one of the most important things in the world, and she would do everything to protect her friends, what leads to her loyalty. If you have her trust once, what isn’t hard to earn, you have it forever, or until you betray her. She than completely breaks down and falls into a short but bad depression.

Even though she has a happy and silly nature she can be serious. If a fight takes a bad turn for her, her happiness shuts completely down and she tries everything to win. You can see similar reaction if somebody jokey about death or bullies people. She will probably forgive them in the end anyway, but until than you really shouldn't mess with her.

She isn't such a good student. Kisha often don't pay attention and is completely lost in thoughts while class. She also doesn't try hard with her studies. Her Motto is 'I trust my bad luck' and most of the time, she passes with a 2-3 (B-C)

Aura and Semblance:

Aura Color: Ember colored

Kisha’s semblance are portals.

It's rare, but sometimes a semblance can be inherited through the family. That's what happened to Kisha. She inherited the portals from her father.

She Forms a circle with both hands creating a portal on each side. She then can throw them like a frisbee wherever she wants to and the portal will stay there, even if this place is midst in the air. The portals have an reach for about 30-40 meters. Kisha can only create two portals at once. If she tries to create a third one, the first one will disappear. Everything and everyone can go through the portals but everyone besides Kisha will get balance problems, through not being used to it. Kisha also can decide the size of the portals, and how long they stay open. They don't have a timelimit and leaving them open for a long time doesn't effect Kisha's endurance, as long she is conscious. The bigger the portals are, the more exhausted she get. The biggest portal she can create is only big enough to fit three Humans at once. It may happen that the portals close while something or someone is still in there. If this Person or thing is more that 50% through the portal, it will being blast out of it, due to pressure. If the person is less than 50% in the portal it will be thrown back through the other portal.
She will also be exhausted if she creates to many portals after another. After making ten portals she needs a break, if she doesn't take one, she will collapse.

(A vid to the portals uhm... pls ignore the other stuff..)

Combat Behavior:

Kisha never fought together with other people in her past, which makes her more effective in a 1 vs 1 fight. She prefers to fight defensive rather than offensive which leads to her using her weapon in it's bow form befor turning it to her sword. One exceptions would be, if she don't have any cover from where to shoot. In a open field she will mostly likely uses her weapon in the sword form first.

Even though she never fought in a group she will be cooperative and will listen to her leader, but if she sees a better option for a plan herself, she will simply act on her own. Kisha is fast and maneuverable, which is important. She doesn't wear any armor and if she gets hit, the hit WILL leave a mark. Using her semblance in fights isn't rare either.

Even though she likes it more to keep her semblance a secret from the enemy (If it's a human. she doesn't care if it's a grimm) The portals help her keeping her distance or to block attacks. They can also work as an escape route for her and her teammates (Although the side-effect will give them balance problems)
She is good in improvise plans and she is a good strategist, still, she wouldn't be good as a leader, because she hate's to give people orders.

WEAPON

Name: Demanon

Primary Form:

Demanon is in his primary Form a sword, a german "Zweihänder" to be exactly. It is wielded with both hands, is 130cm Long (80cm the Blade) and is 3cm wide. It weighs 2 kg and the handle is made of light metal. Because of the length, it has a module where you can insert most of the blade, so that it can fit in a belt. Thanks to the module(s) It can also turn in his secondary Form. In the primary Form Demanon can not use dust

Secondary Form:

Demanon can transform into a bow. It doesn't have any specialties. It’s a normal, long reach weapon. The only thing noteworthy are the arrows, which are modified with dust. Her quiver has four container, for every type of dust one, and one for normal arrows. One container has enough space for five arrows.
Those containers are there, that the arrows won’t set each other off, which would cause an huge explosion.

Dusk Functions:

Ice arrows: When the Arrow hits the ground it can freeze an 0,5x0,5 area. If the arrow hits a Person, it will freeze the body part it hit, though the ice isn’t thick.

Fire arrows: The Arrow will make a small fire, Wherever it hits. It burns longer on material like wood or wool, than metal or stone, just like normal fire. It can’t be used in water or if it’s rainy.

Lightning arrows: As soon the arrow hits his target, the body part it hits will get in the area of 10cm² cramps, If it hits the head the person will get migraine.

The Dust only activates when the arrow hits the target

History:

Kisha’s parents died when she was 16. Even though she never had so much contact with them, she knew exactly which weapons they used. So she made a duplicate of her father's sword and her mother's Bow and fused them. It took some tries but in the end she made her masterpiece Demanon.

The transformation: Thanks to the modules the blade can reduce his length. A string will shoot out at the bottom of the handle and attaches itself to the tip of the blade. The Handle will, thanks to another module, extend and bend itself to the shape of an bow. To transform the weapon back, the string will tear due to pressure and the rest of the bow will transform back. The weapon stores 20 strings and Kisha reloads them after every fight.

Weapon Name: Gas grenade

Description: Kisha has six gas grenade on her belt. The gas creates a slight fog and is explosive if it comes in touch with fire.

All Art belongs to ChosenVowels
[/spoiler]
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 12:27:47 PM »
Okay, I'm done with the changes

I didn't change much info actually, but I rewrote it and made sure it was easier to understand.

To the things that I changed:

-Removede two of the pictures in the appearance
-Chnaged the Name of her weapon
-Also added another form to her weapon (Actualls, I just made the retracted blade of the sword a dagger)
- (also part of the weapon section)
Other: Kisha has three hydrogen- and three smoke grenades attached to her pelt. The hydrogen grenades are mostly used together with the fire arrows to cause an explosion.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 07:26:52 PM »
Grenade have an inbuilt explosive system to trigger their charge in the first place so they hydrogen grenades will go off on their own.

Regardless re-approved.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 08:30:49 AM »
pre-edit: ShowHide
CHARACTER

Symbol:

Theme: Tangled by NyxTheShieldOFFICIAL

Appearance:

[Spoiler]
Art belongs to ChosenVowels

Kisha stands at 1,65cm and weighs 62kg, with an average slim build. Her brown shaded hair reaches to the base of her neck, mainly left messy. She has a pale, round face, with a small nose and slightly big brown eyes.

Whenever it isn't required to wear the school uniform, you can see her wearing a brown hoodie. The hood represent the face of a cartoon-guinea pig, containing ears, eyes and a mouth. The word 'schoko' is printed under said face and on a name tag over her left chest.
Her black belt is equipped with a belt holster for her dagger on the left, her symbol on the right.

History:

Kisha was born in a small village named Stemswell, which is located in the eastern end of vale. She spend most of her life with her grandparents. Her parents were highly respected Huntsmen, who were always asked to do the most dangerous missions there are. That resultes in them not being at home a lot. She spent most of her day in the cocolate shop her grandparents owned, helping out wherever she could.

Even though Kisha didn't spend much time with her parents, she always looked up to them and made her goal early on, to become a huntress as well. She started practicing with a wooden sword when she was 9 and was given a bow a year after to train with. At the age of 13 she entered a combat school near her village. Soon after, a message arrived at the chocolate shop. Both of her parents died on the mission they were participate in, together with 3 other huntsmen. The exact cause for their death however, is still unknown. Even after her parents death, she kept on training and looked forward.
She took courses to learn how to make and modify weapons and with the age of 16 she made her weapon Cocoa. As beacon started to invite Students to learn at their academy again, she signt up immediately and passed the entrance exam with flying colours.

Personality:

Kisha has a very kind, caring, and cheerful personality. She brings her hyperactiv nature alonge to wherever she is, often seen jumping around from place to place, changing the topic while talking, or running around when it's not appropriate. When Kisha talks, many of her words may sometimes come out randomly without her actually giving much thought to anything she comes up with. Kisha is very open with her companions and quickly grows fond of them. Despite the morally dodgy nature that she sometimes displayed, Kisha can act quite serious in battle. She also has a sense of humor and enjoys messing with people, keeping things lighthearted.

Aura and Semblance:

Kisha's Aura is Ember colored

Her semblance gives her the ability to creat portals.

She Forms a circle with both hands creating a portal on each side. She then can throw them like a frisbee wherever she wants to and the portal will stay there, even if this place is midst the air. The portals have an reach for about 30-40 meters. Kisha can only create two portals at once. If she tries to create a third one, the first one will disappear. Everything and everyone can go through the portals but everyone besides Kisha will get serious balance problems, through not being used to it. Kisha also can decide the size of the portals, and how long they stay open. They don't have a timelimit and leaving them open for a long time doesn't effect Kisha's endurance, as long she is conscious. The bigger the portals are, the more exhausted she get. It may happen that the portals close while something or someone is still in there. If this Person or thing is more that 50% through the portal, it will being blast out of it, due to pressure. If the person is less than 50% in the portal it will be thrown back.

(A vid to the portals uhm... pls ignore the other stuff..)

Combat Behavior:

Kisha never fought a lot with other people in her past, which makes her more effective in a 1 vs 1 fight. She prefers to fight defensive rather than offensive which leads to her using her weapon in it's bow form befor turning it to her sword. One exceptions would be, if she don't have any cover from where to shoot. In a open field she will mostly likely uses her weapon in the sword form first.

Even though she never fought in a group she will be cooperative and will listen to her leader. She can come up with strategies herself, but those are mostly not foolproof, and can even have some major lacks if she has to think about one while she's under stress. Her main strategie in situations like this is to creat some distance between her and her opponent with her portals.
Kisha is fast and maneuverable, which is important. She doesn't wear any armor and if she gets hit, the hit WILL leave a mark.

WEAPON

Name: Cocoa

Primary Form:

Cocoa, in his primary form, is a dagger with an blade length of 40 and a width of 3cm. It's made out of light materials and weighs about 2kg.

Secondary Form:

The dagger blade of Cocoa extends, changing it's lenght to 80cm, making it, including the handle, a 130cm long sword.

Tertiary Form:

Cocoa's third form is a longbow. Its arrows are modified with different kinds of dust. Her quiver is divided into four sections, each has his own type of dust, besides the fouth, which is mainly for normal arrows.
Each section can store maximal eight arrows.

Dusk Functions:

Ice arrows: When the Arrow hits the ground it can freeze an 0,5x0,5m area. If the arrow hits a Person, it will freeze the body part it hit, though the ice isn’t thick.

Fire arrows: The Arrow will cause a small fire on whatever it hits. The fire can be easily put out, but if its used the right way it can cause a lot of damage. The arrows can also be used as a torch.

Lightning arrows: As soon the arrow hits his target, the hit body part will cramp in a 10cm² area.

History:

Kisha’s parents died when she was 16. Even though she never had so much contact with them, she knew exactly which weapons they used. So she made a duplicate of them.

Other: Kisha has three hydrogen- and three smoke grenades attached to her pelt. The hydrogen grenades are mostly used together with the fire arrows to cause an explosion.
[/quote][/spoiler]

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »
Finally done!

Symbol & Apperance

Didn't like the old ones, so I changed it. There shouldn't be any problems with that though.
I also added a voice reference. Idk, just thought that having something like this gives the character a bit more personality.

History & Personality

So, there were a lot of grammar mistakes in the old text, so I rewrote everything and correct it. All the information stayed the same.

Aura and Semblance

Same as above, but I added another thing:

After training a lot with her semblance, Kisha discovered that by rapidly forming portals successively in front of her, she can achieve a form of high-speed movement, appearing as little more than a stream of energy moving midair. Kisha makes use of this when dealing with midair enemies, and can use herself like a ram in this state. However, this requires a lot of energy and will leave her out of breath right after.

Combat Behavior

Here I only added a few more information about her strengths and weaknesses. Didn't change much though.

Weapon

The weapon itself stayed the same, just added a few more Dust types for her to use.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:29:57 AM by DEXES »

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 02:16:22 PM »
First off terribly sorry for how long this has been in editing, trying to make some changes to avoid this in the future.

Voice reference is a new one but totally fine

All the grammar fixes and such are fine.

For the dust types, the only concern here is if you end up using nothing but them and spam them too much. But so long as you are reasonable with them it should be fine. (To be clear I don't want any edits here, really don't care for any numbers or anything just a comment on how you should try to play it)

Lastly the semblance, I'm afraid I don't think I can approve that. That kind of "advanced usage" of the semblance could be possible in a graduate but seems too much for a first year. From a site balancing perspective, this is already a unique and powerful semblance so it would be unfair to those who have speed semblances to just clip it on here as a bonus.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]