Author Topic: Uptown Funk: Jack Pettibone the Day Before Beacon (Closed)  (Read 10611 times)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Sesh

• Been Around

• Fails Basic Reading Comprehension

• Personal Text
    Every RPG worth a damn has stats.
    • View Profile
Re: Uptown Funk: Jack Pettibone the Day Before Beacon (Closed)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 10:54:37 PM »
Frank kept his well trained eyes on Jack, defending himself against the incoming attacks. This first year was fast, faster than Frank. He'd have to start imbuing his limbs with aura to have a chance at hitting him, Jack was obviously well accustomed to hand to hand fighting, and speed mattered a hell of a lot more than power in those situations. Frank would either need to get lucky, get off balance, or...

As Jack jabbed at Frank with lightning speed, Frank kept track of the frequency of the hits. He began moving his hands before Jack had truly begun his punch, which should allow him to properly pinch the limb and pull Jack to the ground
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

William Staniforth Donahue

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 11:40:02 PM »
Jack was not expecting the grab, and purposefully kept his face as nonchalant as it had been before the guy'd gotten his arm locked up. Frank had some damn good timing. Shit. Nothing for it then, it was time to get funky! He let himself be pulled in, and actually got himself about an inch from the other dude's face. At which point he puckered his lips, made a drenchingly wet kissy noise, and then used the solid grip and stance his opponent possessed as a fulcrum. Pushing off with his legs and putting his whole core into the jump, he flipped himself so that while Frank was yanking down, he was putting himself directly overhead and punching down hard on the back of his skull with his free hand. Ideally, the momentum of his strike would bring his whole weight down on Frank and tear his arm loose from the grip, ending with a landing roll on top of and away from the Second Year.

Thanks to the Semblance update, Jack's aura is at 100%

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 01:13:11 AM »
"Gross." That's all Stella said while continuing to gaze at the two boys fighting, noticing that another idiot had joined the two girls standing up.

Suddenly, a holographic ring formed around her and a voice came out. Milady. Are you going to tell him?

"We'll see. For now, we watch."

Of course. The ring vanished.

Leycil

• Personal Text
    Crew said? Croo said? Crew shade? Crow sahde?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 07:25:00 AM »
Colton let out a yawn, he grabbed his briefcase and took out his gauntlets to give them a check before putting them back. The girls seem to be quiet or not interested in talking. He sees another girl, but pays no attention to her.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:32:35 AM by Leycil »
Colton Joule - Fist of Lightning

Leycil Redlee - The Data Sniper

Lucillé Leyes - The Bladed Dancer

Orion Noon - High Noon Trickshot

Galileo Mephis - Randomness at its finest

Worldbuild: Flake Homestead: ShowHide

Thx to Asterisk's for the amazing banner

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »
Whoops,sorry Leycil, I meant to have the girls react, I'll do that now.

Victoria ran her hands through her lengthy crimson ponytail and smiled at the newcomer. "Oh, not at all. I'm Victoria en Fuego, and this is Honoria Angel. We're friends with the nimble one, Jack, in the ring. And I haven't got a clue, I'm not much for fighting, and while I know Jack's talented, this other boy seems to know what he's doing."

"Ha! Jack'll kick his ass!" Honoria laughed. "I've never seen him lose, he's just that good!" She squatted down in her white track shorts, shaking her pink tee a bit to try and cool off from her run. "By the way, who're you?"

Character List:

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 12:37:55 AM »
"Colton, Colton Joule, pleasure to meet you both," Colton swishes his head towards the fight before looking at them again. "Never lost huh? I guess he never met the underground then, the people who fight there are just monsters and scumbags, I once saw a professional world class boxer get beaten to a pulp by someone from the underground, and that someone was not even considered strong. Then again with how he is doing, he might stand a chance in that cruel arena."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 08:09:36 AM by Leycil »

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 09:50:38 PM »
"That sounds dreadful. However, Jack isn't a boxer, and I do know he's trained under all sorts of world-renowned martial artists. I understand he's quite good. But then again, what do I know?" Victoria laughed, her voice pleasant and warm, her demeanor fitting seamlessly with the atmosphere of the day.

Honoria looked interested, her attention now divided between the fight and the newcomer. "Underground fights? That sounds awesome!"

Character List:

Sesh

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 10:28:45 PM »
"Bro are you really trying that fancy bullshit with me?" Frank didn't notice the punch coming from behind, but he didn't need to. Or at least, he countered it without realizing it. As soon as Jack left the ground but for some reason allowed himself to stay in Frank's grip, he overcharged his chest, back, shoulder and arm, and whipped the younger student back down. He felt a fist collide with the back of his head, Jack must have been going for a knockout punch. Clever, and damned quick to be able to get there so quickly while jumping. Still, Frank slammed the younger student back down towards the ground, so it didn't connect with near the full power it would have otherwise.

99%
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:14:03 PM by Sesh »
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 08:14:23 AM »
Colton shakes his head.
"It isn't, they don't care if you are man woman or child, as long as you want to throw blows, they would let, you win you get cash, you don't... Its lucky you live," Colton grids his teeth, echoes of a young boy roaring who kept fighting in the underground, a man shouting orders behind him as cheers and boos surrounded him. Colton had no choice, he wants did it for his family, he lead them down the path of poverty.

In the outside view, it looks like Colton is just lost in space.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 11:34:33 PM »
Whoof! Well, so much for that idea...he was really going to have to work on his aura modification, that shit came in handy...luckily he'd managed to brace himself and not get winded, but that slam must have looked damn silly. Never let them see you wince, though.

Grinning like a devil, he winked at Frank as he popped up into a crouch and then powered forward, driving his fist right at the boy's exposed gut. "Just testing the waters, dude!" he explained, through immaculate pearly whites. His other hand grabbed ahold of his opponent's left arm and held it in place, so that Frank couldn't let go and try to drop it for a block. The end game was to have his trapped arm yanking the hands holding it up and away, keeping the body open for a brutal blow that was to carry the other boy off the ground, where he could then be thrown a few feet.

Aura 96%

"That sounds..." "Slightly less awesome?" "...dreadful." Victoria finished, leaving Honoria to watch the fight. The redhead looked at the ground for a moment, her discomfort at the thought plain enough to see. When she raised her eyes, Colton was just sort of staring into the air, not focusing on anything. "How do you know about such things, if it's not impolite to ask?"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:49:38 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »

Character List:

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 12:30:46 AM »
"That is a topic I rather not discuss with people I'm currently unfamiliar with," Colton said in a gloomy tone before grinning as his focus went back to the fight. He found two people who would fun to spar with

Sesh

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
Okay, it was time to stop joking around. The kung fu had been fun but he needed more practice before he was ready to bust it out in a real fight, and Jack was too skilled up close like this for Frank to be able to match him hand to hand. He was good, but his talents didn't lie in that particular area. In fact, they didn't lie in any particular area, he had to get an advantage some other way.

Frank saw Jacks move coming, and replied with a wink of his own. "Next you're going to tell me you aren't actually left hande-" He was cut off as the blow hit him in his braced gut. It sent him backwards a few feet, right into his impaled weapons. He rolled to his feet, letting the momentum of the punch carry him to where he needed to be. Frank grabbed the longer of the two weapons and dashed forward, keeping a mid guard and wary of the boy using his semblance to dash around him.

95%
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:52:33 PM by Sesh »

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 01:03:23 AM »
Jack straightened, holding his hands out wide. "You seem a decent fellow. I hate to beat you."

He waited, letting Frank come for him, knowing just how much his opponent's reach had grown. Definitely something to watch out for, and nothing he could play around with. At least not in the usual way, not with someone this good. He almost found himself wanting The Bomb. Almost. A quick glance over to Victoria not paying attention to him and...who the hell was that tall guy? His eyes hardened imperceptibly. This wouldn't do. This wouldn't do at all.

His mind fully back on the fight for the hope of what came after, he stopped jawing and dropped into a wide crouch, almost catlike in its proportions. Bringing his glow to life, he shot along the ground on all fours, kicking up dust, moving first to the left, then the right, blazing a path straight to Frank's left, before suddenly changing direction the moment he sprang into the air. Coming across Frank's front while in a guarded whirl, he ended in a series of rapid-fire spinning kicks all over the head and upper body in the opposite direction from which his attack had originally come.

Victoria had been about to apologize for intruding when Honoria grabbed her arm and pointed, cheering wildly. "Lookit that!" And she had to admit, the sight was impressive. How Jack managed to even move like that boggled the mind.

Character List:

Leycil

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 08:40:19 AM »
Colton was not really that amazed, though he did stared saucer-eyed. But it was no blank expression, he watched every twtich of muscle, every movement every blow every breath.