Author Topic: Taro Espada  (Read 4070 times)

Spoodnick

• Been Around

• View Profile
    • Obscurity Gaming
Taro Espada
« on: September 11, 2016, 02:40:10 AM »
CHARACTER

Name: Taro Espada

Species and Gender: Male - Human

Symbol: A blue razer in the shape of a crescent.

Appearance:
Spoiler: ShowHide

History: Taro was always a kid who had a thirst for the unknown and the unexplored. As a child he was taken all across Remnant with his Father, making the occasional trip back home to Atlas to restock, resupply and rest with his Mother. Having no brothers or sisters he had only himself and his Father to keep him company a majority of the time, leaving him with a lot of time to think and dream about the world. As he approached his teenage years his father knew that it was time to enlist him into a combat school. As his father was not a huntsman or a fighter at all, he knew he was unfit to protect Taro and wanted him to be able to protect himself. All of their encounters with Grimm over the years had them simply fleeing and leaving behind food to keep the Grimm busy and provide distractions.

When he was finally old enough Taro's father enrolled him at Signal, under the promise that, when he graduated Signal and later Beacon, they would go and journey the world together once more, free from the fear of Grimm.

Personality: Tarro is a generally upbeat person with a wild imagination and sense of adventure. Always longing to meet new people, he is very open and passionate towards others, even complete strangers. A completely friendly person that would take a lot of effort to piss off.

Aura and Semblance: Aura - Light Blue. Semblance - Object Size Control: This allows Taro to change the size of other, inanimate objects. This does not work on living beings and he cannot use it on himself. It's main use is growing and shrinking his weapon, turning it into a great sword or a dagger as need be. He cannot increase an item's length, width or height beyond 2.5 meters. This also means he cannot grow or shrink anything larger than that. To grow or shrink anything, even slightly takes approximately %5 of his total aura.

Combat Behavior: Taro is incredibly straight forward in combat. Though he will always focus all of his efforts on taking down the toughest opponent, unless directed otherwise. Though, if a teammate or even a stranger is in danger he will rush to their aid. His fighting style is highly adaptable though, being able to switch from slow heavy hits after growing his sword or a fast, swift style after shrinking it.

WEAPON

Name: Steel Espada

Primary Form: It's Primary and only form is that of an average looking sword, with a standard, steel pommel and generic guard. It's main draw is it's integration with Taro's semblance, which makes it grow and shrink as need be. Additionally, he can modify a specific part of the weapon, allowing him to grow just the blade to turn it into a mighty cleaver, or only the handle to turn it into a spear.

History: A sword given to him by his father upon enrolling at Signal. As they were low on funds this was all his father could afford for him, but Taro treasures it all the same.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:33:07 AM by Spoodnick »
Taro Espada = "I'm gonna keep going, finding new horizons!"
Seth Corbel = "If you're not loyal, you're of no use to me."

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: Taro Espada
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:33:37 AM »
Can't seem to find him anywhere, New character?
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Spoodnick

• Been Around

• View Profile
    • Obscurity Gaming
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »
Yes, he is. I do have another old character but I won't be transferring him.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 09:52:22 PM »
History: As he approached his teenage years his father knew that it was time to unlist him into a combat school.

Aura and Semblance: Aura - Light Blue. Semblance - Object Size Control: This allows Taro to change the size of other, inanimate objects. This does not work on living beings and he cannot use it on himself. It's main use is growing and shrinking his weapon, turning it into a great sword or a dagger as need be.
Cost? Limitations?

Looks fine for the most part but it is rather bare.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

Spoodnick

• Been Around

• View Profile
    • Obscurity Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 03:36:30 AM »
Sorry, fixed the type and modified his aura and Semblance section.

Yeah, I don't know, I didn't really feel like making a super complex character with a super expansive History. Done enough of those you know?

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
History was or is fine. I guess it was just the Personality I was worried about in regards to length. But I think I can throw you a bone for this one.

+1
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »
Short and sweet...almost too short...but it has all the necessary stuff so I can't complain.

Approved 2 of 2.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon