Author Topic: The Legendary Alliance [ALIA] [Closed]  (Read 7044 times)

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
The Legendary Alliance [ALIA] [Closed]
« on: November 10, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »

To: Isabelle Aozora, Lucina Archaletta, Iron Silvarious, Ayaka Miyamoto

Your team is to accompany Professor Nox on a trip to Aubindon, a small settlement located in northern Vale. The citizens in this village have made us aware of rising threats in the area surrounding the village. Recently, they have spotted a number of scouts in the area, ones that they believe are members of a small bandit group that have attacked the village on a previous occasion. While those there that could fight managed to fend them off the first time, quite some time has passed since. No fully trained Huntsmen currently reside there, only self-trained fighters with access to basic weaponry. With scouts constantly spying on the village from a distance, they fear the possibility of an impending raid with larger numbers than the last. Such an event would be devastating to the village, and with the weather growing cold once again, their chances of survival afterwards would be slim.

In order to avoid detection by the bandits as best as possible, the airship will be dropping your team off a few miles away from Aubindon. If you are discovered, they will most likely postpone their attack until a later date. After landing, the rest of the distance will be travelled on foot. Encountering Grimm is a possibility, and the weather will be cold, so make sure to pack accordingly. Once there, you are to hand out supplies to the people of the village. You will then camp there overnight, as they are expecting the raid to occur when most of the citizens are sleeping. If the attack does happen, your team and Professor Nox will defend the village. Reinforcements will arrive sometime afterwards to take in the defeated bandits and to bring you back to the Academy. If the attack does not occur during the first night, you are to stay there for one more day before returning to Beacon.

Attached to this message is a map of the village and the surrounding areas, as well as the time and location of your departure.

As she read over the message displayed on her scroll’s screen, Isabelle was sure of one thing. This was by far the greatest mission that had ever been assigned to their team. As first years, they didn’t get a whole lot of eventful missions, making it harder for them to work on things like team combat skills. Not only was this a perfect learning opportunity, but it actually sounded like it could be a decent amount of fun. They were going to have a professor with them, a fully trained Huntsman, so they would most definitely succeed. Of course, she didn’t exactly want the village to get attacked… But, there was potential for some sort of fight, which was good enough for her to be interested.

Isabelle, who was standing outside of the airship that they would be leaving in, soon put the scroll back in her bag. She had made sure to pack a decent amount of supplies, such as food and dust for her weapon. Her quiver only carried fifteen arrows, so they were going to have to be used sparingly. Really, her sword and semblance would do just fine against most of the opponents that they would probably encounter. Not only that, but they were travelling as a team, so they wouldn’t need to pack a whole lot of extra firepower.

For now, all she could do was to stand there and wait. It was almost noon, the time that they were supposed to meet there at the docks. Apparently, she had arrived a little early, as even the teacher had not shown up yet. ’Hopefully they actually checked their messages...’
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:56:46 PM by Metroidhunter »
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: The Legendary Alliance [ALIA] [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:13 AM »
Ayaka had just finished polishing and maintaining her swords as she headed out. It wasn't particularly easy to polish a two meter blade but maintaining the wire which was technically several times longer was definitely a chore. Receiving the mission notification a few moments earlier she decided to finish her maintenance before heading for the docks since she wasn't entirely sure whether or not she'd have the time in whatever village it was they were heading to. After packing a small change of clothes and her partial armor pieces, Ayaka took her time reaching the docks while excitedly thinking on how she'd be able to finally test her skills in real fights. She knew next to nothing about the villages around Vale and was particularly worried about whether or not her teammates would be in the way.

Professor William Nox, head of Beacon's dust studies and development department, arrived at the docks with nothing but a small duffel bag carried by an even smaller wheeled drone, and his trusted wrench and power glove. Not too far behind him were around a dozen other drones carrying all sorts of supplies and machinations one could only imagine to be used for. A toolbox, a microwave, seven bags of dark coffee, dust canisters and a myriad of other things one would often see in his office. Seeing the leader of the team he was supposed to chaperone William began sitting down with no chair beneath him as a small drone propped him up as he waited beside the cat faunus, eyeing her for but a split second before opening his scroll to jut down notes.

"Only one student so far, was it only one student? Or was it a team...a class? Oh bah what does it matter, they interrupted my experiments once again I might as well bring my whole lab- oh hello there child- to the village and maybe set up a temporary residence which would require around several dozen more bots to build in a matter of hours not to mention the amount of threats that lay about what's more is I need to gather enough supplies to set up a route and maybe a makeshift dust powered generator to deal with the lack of energy to-"

As he continued mumbling to himself Ayaka arrived with a puzzled expression on her face, motioning at Nox while cocking her head sidewards as if asking Isabelle if he really were the guy that'd be accompanying them. Scratching her head she gave a quaint nod to the professor and slowly trudged to Isabelle's side, sighing at the prospect of having such a noncombat related professor chaperone them.

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 09:53:26 AM »
Laying back on her bed in the Beacon Academy dormitories, Lucina had just received the most annoyingly amazing notification. On one hand, it interrupted her shitty idol game that she was playing, but it was a 'mission briefing' for one of the most exciting trips in her lifetime so far. Quickly throwing her scroll down on the bed, she would run over to her dresser and throw a few necessities into a duffel bag, as it would probably be less work to carry around. Making sure to note that it would be cold as fuck, Lucina threw in a backup flannel, a scarf, and a stylish beanie. On top of that, she threw in an emoji pillow from her bed. Just in case their sleeping conditions were...less than favorable. Kind of assuming stuff like food would be present anyways, Lucina zipped her bag, grabbed her scroll, and headed out the door. Quickly checking the time, Lucina would realize that it was exactly 12:00. In a hushed voice, Lucina would quietly recite "It's hiiiiiiiiiigh nooooon" while shooting the wall with her finger, a cringe worthy reference to one of her stupid games.

As Lucina arrived at the designated takeoff location, she would notice another individual other than those on her team."Probably the professor", she thought to herself. Although looking at what he was surrounded by kind of lowered her initial impression. Being surrounded by a bunch of weird looking robits, robots, and robutts, Lucina kind of viewed him as a person who probably didn't want to do a lot of shit himself; a very good first impression to leave. Walking up to the legendary group of fighters, Lucina would wave and give a 'simple' "Sorry I'm so fuckin' late", seeming to completely forget a professor was right there. Although she may be a bit late, Iron still had yet to show up anyways. Giving a quaint grin, Lucina would think to herself "Heh, who's the cool kid now, nerd".
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
Isabelle was kind of zoned out until she noticed the first individual approaching, presumably the professor that they would be travelling with. He didn't look too out of the ordinary for someone that taught at this school, but the main thing that drew her attention was the massive collection of living machines that followed him.

Despite the city that she lived in, Isabelle had never been a huge fan of modern technology. Scrolls confused her, airships were loud and not fun to ride, and even dust mechanisms were hard for her to fully comprehend. But this... An army of a dozen or more robots that, judging by the way they moved without the professor operating them, seemed to have a mind of their own? Likely capable of breaking away from their master and taking over the world by mass producing a robot army? That was just terrifying to think about, something that would be clear to anyone that noticed her expression of worry and perplexity.

Her thoughts of a robotic uprising were interrupted as Ayaka arrived, bringing her mind back to the real world once again. She could only shrug in response to the other girl's gesture, not too sure herself of why they were going to be stuck with this guy. Moments later, she spotted another familiar figure, Lucina's arrival bringing a smile to her face. That soon faded however, right at the point when her teammate had decided to go ahead and curse right in front of the professor. Smooth. "Hey. No big deal, but..." She looked around the other girl, seemingly looking for another person behind her. "Iron isn't with you? Have you seen him?"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 09:44:36 AM »
Ayaka sighed and furrowed her brow, likely thinking about their frequently absent teammate. "I doubt we'd be seeing much of iron in the next few hours if that's the case. She muttered, a hint of annoyance in her voice. "Why did I get stuck in this team?

Carrying her rather small amount of luggage onto the airship Ayaka stood by the entrance and crossed her arms, looking at the other girls in a manner that was expectant yet not really commanding. That was Isabelle's job, supposedly. Thinking of when the sole male of their team would show up Ayaka stiffled a yawn and absentmindedly  started fiddling with the wire of her sword's handle. She had just arrived to the docking area but it felt like it was taking forever for them to get moving. Particularly for the whole team to actually be present. Why did they have to use airships? Or rather why couldn't they allow individual transport? Ayaka was more than confident enough she could handle defending a village all by herself and even if she couldn't the professor had more than enough backup. Not that she'd ever admit to needing any if that were the case.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:03:10 PM »
As Lucina heard Isabelle's question, she sent a rather perplexed look her way. In a convincingly confused tone, Lucina would say "Iron? I thought he died in a 'dorm accident' 5 weeks ago. Nobody has seen him since, that is." in an attempt to lighten the annoyingly heavy mood that Ayaka was trying to set. Feeling like they would probably be there for a little while longer, Lucina would place her bag on the ground and stand idly near the rest of her teammates and the professor.

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »
"Ah, right, forgot about that. Tragic." Isabelle spoke with a more sarcastic tone than Lucina, mostly due to her annoyance at the fact that her team couldn't seem to meet any deadlines. That had to be her own fault, of course. She was their leader, after all. With a sigh, she started making her way up the ramp on the airship, taking a seat. "I'm sure he'll be here soon, then we can head out."

[TIMESKIP]

Once all preparations had been completed and everyone was aboard, the airship took off and departed from Beacon, beginning ALIA's wonderful journey to the wilderness. As they soared, the terrain around them changed gradually, the ground growing lighter until all that could be seen were sheets of snow covering the trees and hills beneath them. While the conditions didn't seem unbearable, it was certainly less than appealing weather.

Eventually, the airship began to slow and descend, finding a safe landing zone in a white-covered field. On opposite sides of the field lay two paths through the forest, one of which would presumably lead them to their destination. With how thick the woods were, along with all the snow covering the tops of the trees, the lighting of the path that they would be heading down appeared to be much darker than the field they had landed in. They would most likely make it to the village before sunset, according to the map, but Isabelle didn't want to think about what would happen if they somehow got lost.

Once they had touched down and the airship doors opened, the catgirl reluctantly stepped out into the cold air. She had put the rest of her winter clothes on on the way there, now sporting a thick black coat and matching pants over her tunic, along with a pair of brown boots. As much as she didn't want to be cold, it still sucked having to wear them, as it was probably going to constrict her movement at least a little.

"Alright, let's see..." she muttered to herself while pulling out her scroll to check its map. "It looks like it's preeetty much a straight shot through the woods. Assuming this map is correct..." Taking note of the increasing rate at which the snow was falling, she looked back at Ayaka, giving her the slightest of smirks. "This kind of weather is exactly why I always tell you to wear actual pants on missions, Ayaka."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 01:25:16 AM »
"It's not like we're constantly in this kind of frigid weather. Ayaka replied, trudging her way to Isabelle's side while regarding the area around them. "And as you can see I'm not ill-prepared. Unlike some people I don't really mind how others perceive my sense of fashion.

Surely enough Ayaka was not wearing her usual crumpled and tied up shirt and jeans with half a pant-leg missing. Smiling back at Isabelle, one of the rare occurrences that it did occur, Ayaka proudly strutted along in a fashionable leather jacket that hugged her form loosely and some khaki colored cargo pants that seemed a far-cry from her preferred tight jeans. Topping it all off was a white scarf that hung loose around her neck and flowed freely down her modest chest.

"I would have prefered different pants but it was all I could manage under short notice. Ayaka added, twisting ever so slightly to check how the fit was on her. Having changed moments before getting off the ship she didn't have the time to look at herself in the mirror. She could only wonder what kind of comments her other teammates would have, especially Lucina and her crude taste in coloring.
Students

Professors

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 04:17:58 PM »
As Lucina paced on the ship due to boredom, she would hear the shots fired by Ayaka. Quickly retorting, she would very pretentiously say "Well, the fashionable thingy seems like the warmer one anyways...so I win!". Despite nobody announcing any type of contest, Lucina had won against all odds.

Now smiling at her totally shit comeback, Lucina would victoriously gaze upon her own attire, noting the clear superiority. Sporting a wine colored puffy jacket with her usual attire under it, a heftier [yet still lovely] pair of boots, and an appropriately colored beanie, Lucina knew she was ready to take on anything that the world threw at her. Adding in a quick comment before anyone else could speak, Lucina would glance towards Isabelle saying "Our leader knew how to dress, right Belle?".

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 03:43:46 AM »
Isabelle stayed silent as she simply listened to her teammates, having since returned her gaze to the map on her scroll. The change of plans had made her want to be more prepared, so she felt the need to at least try and memorize some of it. Seeing as Iron was to go with the Professor and meet up with the trio later, they were two people shorter than what she had been expecting, something that could result in a much more dangerous scenario if things went wrong in some way. Being familiar with their surrounding could help with that, or at least she believed so.

Giving a simple "Yep," in response to Lucina's question, her eyes lingered on the map for another moment before she looked over her shoulder at the two. "Well, Ayaka, you're free to wear whatever you want when it's not cold." Isabelle turned back to look at the map again, avoiding looking at Ayaka as she attempted to not insult her at the same time. "It's just, if you're going to wear pants... Why not wear ones that cover both legs instead of just one?"

Deciding that her wording still came off as somewhat judgemental, she waved one hand to dismiss what she had said, putting her scroll away again before turning to face both of her teammates. "I mean, whatever. You guys are the ones with fashion sense, not me." She shrugged, figuring it would be best to move on from that subject. "Since it's just us for now, we should get going quickly. Grimm are going to be harder to deal with if it's dark out." The faunus turned around and began treading through the snow, giving a short chuckle as she realized one small detail. Being as socially inept as she was, it didn't really occur to her that what she was about to say could be perceived as mildly more offensive than criticism of clothing. "Well. More so for you two, probably..."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 12:13:03 AM »
"I can handle myself. Be it grimm at night or my apparently peculiar fashion. Ayaka said, somewhat annoyed. Probably at both Lucina and Isabelle's comments about her clothing more than the night vision bit. A night battle would definitely be harder but to Ayaka it seemed like she might welcome it. Plain old grimm slaughter during day would be child's play compared to a struggle in the night and with freezing cold temperatures it would be certain death without proper clothing.

Okay, maybe she should rethink her outfits more in the future but ONLY for practicality's sake. Who cared what people thought about her pants, some people only wore the equivalent of a sports bra and half a skirt with bloomers. What kind of outfit was that? At least hers covered a way more decent amount of skin. Not that it bothered her in the first place.

Ayaka sighed. "Whatever, let us hurry up then. I doubt Iron and Professor Nox would bother to pick up our half-eaten frozen corpses in the middle of the night. Well, the two of yours at least. Unaware of how morbidly dark her joke was Ayaka trudged through the snow with the end of her blade's sheath trailing behind a trough behind her.
Students

Professors

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 08:30:46 PM »
Seeing as Isabelle wanted to move away from the insults to fashion, Lucina had decided it would be best to leave it be, despite how much she may be annoyed at Ayaka. Also noticing that Isabelle had been studying something on her scroll, Lucina would quickly ask Isabelle "What'cha studying there, Belle? Anything cool?", before starting to begin her walk in the cold outdoors.

Making sure that she would be perfectly comfortable for the walk, Lucina would quickly stop for a second to check herself. She would make sure to pull her stylish af beanie over her ears, and zip up her poofy jacket all the way. Almost forgetting the stylish glove she threw in her pocket, she would also quickly slide them onto her rapidly freezing fingers. Nodding to nobody at all to affirm her readiness, she would pick up Hunter II only to continue the walk through the snow covered way ahead.

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 01:18:36 AM »
While she had been watching the ground as they were stepping through the snow, Isabelle eventually lifted her head at Lucina's question, turning her head back towards her teammate before facing forward again. "Just the map. Nothing too cool. Although, we are a little closer than I expected us to be. So we'll most likely be able to make it there before dark, even if some monsters do distract us."

It took them less than a minute of walking to reach the beginning of the forest, where a winding path would lead the way through. The cleared-out road was about six meters across, giving them a decent amount of room to fight if necessary. Despite the fact that it hadn't gotten dark out yet, the thick canopy had been covered heavily by the snowfall, the shadows cast making the forest seem a lot more dim as they entered it. Of course, it wasn't as bad as it would have been if it were night, but it would certainly make it difficult to see anything beyond a short distance. Being a faunus, Isabelle wasn't too phased by this, but it was still less than favorable. Feeling the need to fill the silence, she simply asked the first relevant question that came to mind. "... Why do people live out here? This place is real spooky."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 08:19:12 AM »
"I doubt the village would be this dreary at the very least. Ayaka answered, not bothering to look towards the speaker. True it was quite gloomy around this particular area but then again they were still a ways away from the village. People probably didn't have enough time to build and improve the area with grimm wandering about and trained huntsmen opted to move from village to village instead of just staying. Thinking about this caused Ayaka to feel a bit proud that there would, hopefully, be more huntsmen and huntresses in the future. It was for small areas like these that many of them decided to fight, just how many kept those ideals after their stay at the academies she didn't know.

The thought was a bit depressing but people tended to change motives as they grew older and Ayaka herself wondered if she'd become one of them. True enough she wasn't too close to her team and just like normal schooling they might not be together after all this. Sighing at her rather pessimistic thoughts Ayaka peeled her eyes to the road, idling thoughts passing her mind just as they passed through the woods.
Students

Professors

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »
As the trio entered into the forest, Lucina would gaze upwards at the tops of the dead trees. Cringing at the thought of having some of the snow on the fragile branches above dumped on her head, Lucina would try and keep her posture while moving forward. Also noticing that it suddenly became pretty dim, she would make sure to keep her flashlight handy, although they probably wouldn't need it due to Isabelle's [dirty] Faunus abilities. Having a [dirty] Faunus leader did, after all, have its perks.

Hearing what Isabelle and Ayaka said, Lucina would retort by saying "Even if it's not as bad as this, you still have to venture through a bunch of creepy shit to get there. But if the village is as creepy, it's probably full of weirdos...like Iron." Previously cringing at the thought of snow, Lucina now shivered at the thought of...Iron. As she thought of how weird Iron was, she also remembered that he was supposed to be here. Kind of wanting to see what her team thought of his lack of appearance, Lucina would inquisitively say "As much as I hate to say it, I kind of wish we had all of our team here, ya know?"