Author Topic: The Medusa Precedent [CLOSED]  (Read 2642 times)

ArosFarron

• View Profile
The Medusa Precedent [CLOSED]
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:16:48 PM »
As a signal went out from an old military facility to a one Merletta Yoru, she opened it. It was a message she thought she would never read again. It had one word. Just one small word to reactive something deep in her memory. SWORD. It was something from her past, something that had disbanded long before her current work. Using what knowledge of students were at what schools, she sent out a message to the schools. After she wiped the computer she received the message on and left, making her way to an old safehouse that was used by SWORD so many years ago. She waited for the people she sent her own message to, and began to go over any and all files left from SWORD. She was the new acting Director and that position would, she hoped, allow her to find out why SWORD was restarted.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: The Medusa Precedent [CLOSED]
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 05:34:20 PM »
When Lucas received a message on his message on his scroll, his first reaction was to sigh.  "'If you have nothing to lose'?  Give me a break," he mutters to himself as he heads off to pack for a mission.  He knows the type of people that sign up for missions like that, and they're the type of people that won't know they have until it's gone.  They're the type that give their lives for a cause with no second thought to the consequences.  Lucas isn't about to let that happen.

And thus, the Hermit makes his way to the old safe house where he was told to meet, his hood up and a spectral lantern lazily swinging above him, lighting his path.  Knocking on the door, he patiently awaits a response.  He honestly doesn't care about the mission, his only goal is to make sure everyone involved comes back alive.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 07:23:05 AM »
Ramalia was rather surprised to get any scroll messages let alone one from a full-fledged Huntress. The scavenger barely spent any time reading the message, only truly absorbing to address in Vale, warning of possible or likely danger meant nothing to someone blessed by the Great Sands of Vacuo and Ramalia knew that she, of course, would never be in any danger. Upon more thought, Ramalia did decide to accept the offer, although the words of warning may have been wasted on her she was likely not the only recipient making the entire message make a lot more sense. Taking as always the simplest way forward Ramalia called her little menagerie of animals to her side and booked the first flight over the Vale remembering to bring a lot of ammunition and paper, this was definitely something her tribe would be interested in so she had to keep them informed and obviously there was going to be fighting involved.

This was only Ramalia’s second time in Vale and she still didn’t really understand the place. It was too wet even when it wasn’t raining, it was too cold even in midday but it was also too warm at night. The concrete and literal jungles seemed to trap heat and break up the harsh wind, Ramalia couldn’t stand it compound by being away from even the lesser sands around Vacuo made Ramalia feel alone. But it was her job to be alone, to stand outside, to record and inform. With her resolve rekindled Ramalia continued on the last leg of her journey to the safe house, after a small complication around Ramalia’s animals being tamed enough not to caused any direct trouble but simply the sight of these large Vacuoian predators outside of zoos was cause for worry for many. Ramalia liked the attention.

As she made her way to the safe house Ramalia let her wolf and eagle range out ahead of her, to scan the environment for threats as well as to get a more detailed understanding of the geography of her surroundings. As new as she was to the world outside of Vacuo Ramalia knew that although these lands may not have the sand flows or massive dunes of her homeland there was still danger enough in the environment to end an unprepared adventurer, not Ramalia herself of course obviously. It was her eagle which caught sight of the safe house first and with it, Lucas knocking on the door. The eagle swooped low and landed just above Lucas on the gutter around the house its eyes still glowing a steely blue from Ramalia’s semblance. ’Greetings Hunter of Vale, it seems we are to fight as one in the coming conflict. Have no fear I will protect you.’ Ramalia called out her loud footfalls being easily heard before she gets her true eyes on Lucas.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 02:08:51 PM »
Maena had received the message. Yes, it warned the recipient that death was a very real possibility. However, Maena had yet to face and was also completely free for the time being. This was a better opportunity to increase her skills as a Huntress than anything else she'd seen posted anywhere, so she was taking it up.

Soon enough, she was at the safe house's coordinates, all her supplies brought with her, plus a few extras - a hat, a waterproof cloak, another cloak that's meant to protect from the sun rather than the rain. She wasn't the first to arrive, though, so quickly walked next to the others already present. She entirely failed to notice the abnormal number of animals in her vicinity.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 08:46:51 AM »
As was to be expected of someone with no sense of direction, Gray was the last to arrive and simply walked up to the others that had evidently responded to the same message he had received. It was hardly surprising that not many had responded, either due to the warnings attached or the conspicuous delivery. Gray however was willing to charge headlong into anything and also not smart enough to think that the message might be a virus. As such here he was. He approached wordlessly and simply stood waiting for something to happen with an arrow already knocked in Lamnia.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime