Author Topic: Boredom and Coffee[Open]  (Read 9278 times)

mylies43

• View Profile
Boredom and Coffee[Open]
« on: November 23, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »
"Ugh Im so bored, I need to find something else to do." Serin said as he flopped around on his bed, he'd been studying the last couple of hours but that had gotten boring ages ago and he had finished his homework anyways so there wasn't much left.."Maybe I can go exercise or something that usual waste some time", he paused for a moment thinking about it before somewhat proclaiming"I don't feel like doing that either. Man there has to be something entertaining around here." It took a couple more minutes before he managed to force himself up out of the bed to get dressed in his usual going out attire before heading out. Leaving his room Serin quickly returned as he forget his sunglasses,grabbing them and putting them on  to combat the even present glare of the sun before he headed out into town. Figuring that maybe there's something going on in town that could be interesting or at least  distract him from his boredom,[color=cyan="Maybe there's a festival I forgot about today, that'd be nice. Ooooor maybe there's a movie I forget about!"[/color] he half shouted on his way out of Beacon in the direction of the town now, invigorated with the hope that there was something of interest.

A short while later Serin had winded up sitting on the stairs leading to a fountain in a plaza bordered by stores selling many different items, from tiny trinkets for kids to dust and weapons. Throwing his arms back and he leaned against the fountain while continuing to observe people from the safety of behind his glasses while talking to himself under his breath."This really isn't much better but I mean hey, its a change of scenery right? So its better than sitting around in my room if nothing else.' Eventually the feeling of restlessness that had been building within him for the past couple of hours finally hit its peak and forced Serin to find something to do, so scanning the area he found a nice looking coffee shop and ordered a small coffee before finding a stranger sitting at a table with a unoccupied looking chair. Plopping himself down into the chair he took a sip of his coffee before attempting a conversation with the stranger,"Hi, wonderful weather we're having huh? I wonder how long its going to last. The weather said a week but you know how inaccurate they are most of the reports just seem like a guess,you know?'
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
Re: Boredom and Coffee[Open]
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:22:02 AM »
"No, they just do the measurements, those are REALLY accurate, like Atlas level accurate, and then the supercomputers does the calculations. But even with that you just can't get everything right now can you?"
Catalina was doing nothing when someone spoke. At least he have something to say now...
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:41:59 PM »
"Thats alot more advanced then I thought just to find out how some clouds move and if they have water. I should see where these computers are if I ever go back home."
 Serin replied to the stranger. He sat there in awkward silence for a moment releasing that he had not gotten this far in hi head and wasn't sure what to do from here.
"So I guess I should introduce myself since I just barged in like this. I'm Serin, I come here from Atlas and I go to school in Beacon. I feel like I've seen you around before, do you go to school in Beacon?"
He asked while taking another sip from his coffee while eyeing up the person sitting on the other side of him from behind the safety of his sun glasses, pondering how he can keep this conversation going to fight off the boredom which he had been experiencing all day.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 07:28:56 AM »
Sure, the name exchanging part... At least it's none of those high society stuff.
"Oh yes, I do go to Beacon. I'm Catalina, although literally no one, not even myself, use that outside of official documents. Just call me Cat or Cata."
Now change the subject, but there were no subject to begin with...
"The cookies' good. I like it with the coffee."
And so he ordered some of both and started chewing away.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 07:11:15 PM »
"That's a nice name, it would be super fitting if you were a fanous huh.'Serin said as he lightly chuckled.
"Never been here before so I wouldn't know how they taste." He trailed off as the conversation died again. 'I am not good at small talk and this was a terrible idea.' He thought to himself as he tried to imagine something to do or talk about.
"So, not that this isn't the most pleasant or engaging conversation I've ever had or anything, but I think we can both agree this isn't going anywhere. So how about instead of sitting around drinking coffee and eating cookies we go do something, sayyyyy find ourselves some trouble around town. Theres always something to investigate or someone who needs help. What'da say?' He said standing up, it was a bit of a long shot to get who's basically a stranger to come along with him and do some potential dangerous work, but yeah, it beats sitting at home.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 04:41:54 AM »
"Let's go, I hate useless talks. Just don't find troubles so big that the authorities alert the faculty for it." Making friends through action, like it. Downing the rest of the coffee he stood up and prepared to leave.

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:53:39 PM »
Serin was looking for adventure once more, hopefully something that wasn't illegal, no promise could be made unfortunately. After all the best type of fun was usually illegal. He went off wandering with his new friend trying to find something to do or someone to investigate and during the process remembered why he sat down in the cafe in the first place.'I can't disappoint her, I mean there had to be something to break up or someone to fight surely.'Suddenly a idea lept into Serins head telling him where he could find adventure. Recently there had been a string of illegal activity that the Police had not yet been able to stop, rumor said it was a group of thief's who just wanted to create chaos and didn't care much for using their organization to become terrorist like the White Fang. So hopefully they wouldn't be too much to handle, luckily in his earlier wandering Serin had overheard some conversation and the rumors that circulated with them.  Supposedly a small meeting was going to held in the back of a bar called AquaFire around 6, 30 minute from now. Turning to Cata Serin said,
So here's the plan, I'm sure you've heard of the new group of thief's that are just dicking around right? Well I have some intel saying that they are going to holding a meeting in a bar called Aquafire in about half a hour. My idea is we find the bar, sit in on the meeting pretending to be new recruits, and then either tell the police or crash the party. The only problem is I have no idea where the bar is and we are quickly running out of time."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 07:33:09 AM »
"Actually I think I saw it on the way here. Go, I think it's Pretty close that we can arrive on foot."
Well, this will be fun...

'Hey, we're going now or never!'
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:55:37 AM by Siuwa »

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 03:39:16 AM »
The walk to Aquafire seemed to take weeks as Serin and his companion headed towards it, keeping a eye on the surrounding area for anyone suspicious that might be following them while thinking of what to actually do when they arrived. He voiced his concerns to his partner. "So once we arrive we don't actually know who we're looking for, guess its just gonna be someone suspicious looking huh?" He shut up for the last portion of the walk unnaturally losing himself in thought. At last they arrived in front of the bar, Aquafire was tucked away inside a alley aiding in its already seedy appearance. Walking inside it wasn't much better with everything looking run down and dirty, including the patrons. This unfortunately contrasted with Serins much cleaner look causing him to become the center of attention for a moment while they waited for him to act.

Serin froze for a moment while his brain processed him becoming the center of attention before he broke out of it by walking over to a table and sitting down. "Now we have to find the theifs, any idea which person here is them? I think the best idea is going to be split up and listen to others unless you have a better idea."He said while listening to the conversations around them, picking up useless pieces of information that didn't help with his quest. "Christ this is going to be really hard huh if their here at all. But at least we know they should be talking about a heist, but even that isn't that much to go off of."

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 03:59:52 AM »
Hmm, their talk might probably be ciphered and stuff, and splitting would look suspicious when we went in together. How about we just call the police in the restroom. And just wait. We don't know them, but the police do. Try not to give away anything.
About half an hour finally pasted, and a group of them went into the room. Of course. Make the call?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:06:57 AM by Siuwa »

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
Serin quickly pulled out his scroll and called the police explaining the situation in a hushed tone trying his best not to draw attention to himself or his actions. Unfortunately it seemed to have failed as many people were glaring daggers at him and Cata, Serin tried to focus on his drink but the closing ring of people were making it hard. "I don't think we can keep the peace here for long if I'm honest. Maybe calling the cops while surrounded by baddies was not a good idea?"

Someones hand slammed down between Serin and Cata in a threatening manner while the mans other hand drew out a kinfe. "We don't take kindly to people calling the cops in our bar...." He said in a rather threatening way,"I figure we have what, five minutes? Before the cops come. Plenty of time to have some fun...." He said before swinging a knife at Serin, luckily Serin blocked the mans knife with his own while jumping up and undercutting the man. "Yeah, should have gone outside before I made that call. Now we got a fight on our hand right?" He said while blocking blows from others and counter attacking."Just need to hold on for five minutes before the cops get here, so don't get too badly hurt before then." He said to Cata.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »
Sighed, Catalina prepared himself for fighting but tried to talk it out first. 'See, there's nothing against you guys. You could just wait it out and nothing would happen to you. I promise. Most of the crowd moved away to their own business, hopefully they are the clean-handed bosses. But the two threatening looking men seems unfazed while dodging the undercut. You should've researched the rules before you came, so you pretty much earned this.

stharding

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 03:45:36 PM »
Sitting in the corner of the bar Beige was drinking a refreshing glass of water and minding his own business, when 2 would be law bringers decided to pick a fight with one of the local gangs. Sighing to himself Beige says in a low grumble "Well orders are orders and this seems as good of an opportunity as any"; preparing for a fight Beige finishes his glass of water, cocks his revolver silver and slowly begins to stand up.
Beige Grit - 1st year student at Beacon

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 12:45:32 AM »
A couple more blows were exchanged between Serin and the two men,somehow he was holding his own but just barely. Every other attack missed no matter how fast Serin would throw it making these two seem practically super human. On the other hand they couldn't really hit Serin either since he was constantly moving around the small area that had cleared, trying to find a good opportunity to knock at least one of these men out.It was during a roll that he saw a man stand up at the other end of the bar stand and level a revolver in the the direction of the fight unfornatly not appearing to be in Serins or Catas aid. "Damn it, not another one."He muttered to himself as he opened his crossbow on his arm up and fired off a distraction bolt toward the revolver man, he had no idea if it would actually hit and quite frankly that'd be a bonus considering the thing he was aiming for was to knock his aim off and not be shot. "You jackasses made me rip my jacket open and now your going to pay for it!"He yelled aiming another bolt at the face of one the thugs near him before firing at point blank range. As the bolt found its mark in the thugs face the he staggered backwards trying to clear his face of the dust and ringing in his ears as small dust like pieces of silver confetti rained down, this provided enough of a distraction for Serin to leaped at him slamming the thug backward into the ground and out of fight. With a clear path across the room his attention could turn toward the gun man as he ducked down as not to be scene, rolled to the side and activated his semblance making it seem like multiple Serins now existed in the confines of the bar. "Lower the gun, we don't want a fight." His voice bellowed out of all of his clones filling the bar with a deafening boom.

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »
Seeing the brawl actually started Catalina have no choice but to fight. The first strike, unlike Serin's, is slow and testing. The thug on the left prepares to catch it with his left hand before Cat suddenly accelerate and find his mark on the thug. This move won't work twice though. Seeing how Serin beat down his enemy consuming part of his jacket in the process, Cat also tried to down his target in one tricky move.
Drawing back pretentiously while blocking with his right hand, Catalina punch with all the force he have but with a twist: on his left fist a fist-shaped shape zaps out making a surprise delivery of a punch. The unexpectedness hooks the poor guy right on his temple knocking him out cold.
'You think that would work?'Whispered to Serin did Catalina, who prepared to charge the person with a silver pistol the moment he tries to pull the trigger.
[Aura: 95%]
(OOC: Also, let's say the turns we take is from now is
Serin->Beige->Catalina, and we have three days each to post.)