Author Topic: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]  (Read 41858 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Re: Malina's Magnificent Mission! [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 05:24:17 PM »
Malina nodded and stood up, groaning slightly as she rose to her feet."Alright, well you all better plan on getting comfortable, we've still got a ways to go before we reach the drop point." She looked to Teddy and Cobe as she passed by them on her way back to her original seat. "Why don't you all get to know each other a bit on the way there, you won't have much else to do. Trust me." She chuckled a little bit at the end as she bent down and lifted up Manticore before slumping it over her shoulder. "If any of you need me..." She said as she made her way back toward the front. "... I'm going to be up in the co-pilot's seat catching some shut eye. Get comfy!" She said before the door to the cockpit slide closed with a loud Ka-shink.

~ 3 Hours Later ~

The weather had begun to change outside as the three hour mark hit. The bright, orange gold sun that bathed the land when they left had been slowly covered with overcast clouds as they flew further and further south. The first few raindrops began to fall on the windshield of the Bullhead as the teacher's assistant stood up from her chair and gave a silent pat on the pilot's shoulder.

Malina reemerged from the cockpit an almost different person. While her outfit was the same, the mechanical tail thing that she'd slung over her shoulder was now actually attached to her lower back and it swayed slightly as Malina steadied herself on the speeding aircraft. In her right hand she tightly gripped the staff she had held earlier. Her face was much less relaxed, now more of a semi-serious grin. "Hope you all bonded well!" She called loudly as she walked past them and to the very back most door. "Good news is we're nearing the drop zone. Bad news that I didn't mention earlier is that this swamp is known for some pretty nasty avian grimm ruling the skies. That's the biggest reason we can't fly right to or over Jackson. Unfortunately that means we can't land or slow down completely to drop everyone off next to the swamp." She spoke almost absentmindedly now that she had everyone's attention. Her real focus was on reaching into one of her pouches and removing a canister of kinetic dust and carefully opening the slot of her weapon before sliding the canister in and snapping the slot closed. "That means we have to do a little something I like to call an impromptu drop-"

Her, now free, left hand swung back and pressed the emergency open button behind her, causing the large cargo doors to slowly open up to the cool air outside. "I SURE HOPE ALBAN MADE YOU ALL FIGURE OUT LANDING STRATEGIES BACK DURING THE INITIATION!" Malina yelled over the roaring winds before gripping her staff even tighter and turning toward the opening. "YOU'LL ALL SEE WHERE TO MEET UP WHEN YOU GET DOWN THERE, GOOD LUUUUUCK!" Was the last thing she said before dropping out of the bullhead.

The ground, far below her, was fairly simple. The swamp land was off to the right, the twisted dark trees indicating that plenty well enough. The ground was softer there for sure, but there were too many branches jutting out at odd positions for Malina to be able to land there. Directly below her was a dark green marshy area with several trees scattered about that transitioned into a full forest far ahead of her. It wasn't the best set of choices, but it would do.

As Malina fell, she grabbed onto her staff with both hands and brought it below her feet, firmly planting them against the metal with the sharper end of the staff pointed behind her. She quickly pull the trigger as the ground approached faster and faster, blasting out a burst of kinetic dust outward ans sending her momentum forward toward one of the scattered trees. As she sped toward the tree, she released one hand from the staff and swings it out to her right side and shoots Manticore out to her left, clinging against the tree and spinning her around it into a roll across the marshy ground.

"Ugh..." Malina groaned, wiping some muck from her arms as she stood up, collapsing her staff and sliding it into its holster. She looked toward the sky, making sure the other four had jumped from the Bullhead.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 02:57:09 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 10:48:18 PM »
After committing the map to memory Calen continued to chat amicably among his new team mates until their instructor reentered the transport hold clearly ready for combat. Seeing this Calen gathered his pack and weapon together and got ready for landing. Only there was to be no landing. After listening to Malina's explanation Calen was filled with a mixture of dread and joy. Flying grimm would be difficult for the team to bring down with only Helena having more range than a shotgun. That would mean Calen would have to be extra careful with his semblance to give the team another option. On the other hand there were few adrenaline highs which could match jumping out of a speeding airship, few legal ones any way and Calen was on his feet and rushing towards the newly opened exit within moments.

Grinning widely Calen turned back to his temporary team mates and remarked. 'Try not to hit the ground too hard. It might be softer than normal but that will only mean it will suck you in. See you down there lady and gentlemen.' Falling backwards Calen let himself plummet to the ground below, angling his body to maximise speed and accuracy as the gaunt boy aimed himself towards the major path to Jackson as outlined on the map. Calen did keep a watchful eye on both his team mates as they exited the craft as well as these avian Grimm Malina mentioned. Some black shapes could be seen moving in the swamp but that could be anything from swamp gas to other hunters.

Unperturbed Calen kept falling straight down until the moment before he made impact with a particularly large tree. Cancelling out his momentum with his semblance Calen landed gracefully on the tree's middle branches with barely a sound or causing any movement from the tree itself. Taking out a collapsible pole from his pack Calen quickly made his way out of the tree, making sure to prod the ground before trusting even his own insignificant weight on it. Making his way carefully over to Malina, using the pole to ensure he stayed on the mostly firm parts of the swamp as well as keeping an eye out for any threats which may have noticed their landing Calen gave a 'thumps up' gesture to the instructor before watching the rest of the students fall.

'I've got to ask.' Calen began trying to keep the mood jovial between himself and Malina. 'What would you have done if one of us didn't have a 'landing strategy?' I mean there has to be a couple people like that at the school.'
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2017, 01:49:35 PM »
Helena followed the instructions yet again, making conversation with whoever was willing as they bided their time.

As Malina came out of the cockpit, with a tail that Helena had to concentrate not to squeal at, she informed them in a somewhat (okay, no, not somewhat) timely manner that they'd be dropping in, before sending herself down.

After that, Helena quickly and calmly got up, slung back on her quiver and bow and gingerly walked off the airship, accelerating towards the ground at a rapid pace.

Using her body, she maneuvered her path until it intersected with a tree and mere moments before impact, she took out her knives and stabbed at the air. She was welcomed with the sound of splintering and buckling wood, the trunk of the tree getting mercilessly mauled by the two colorful metallic fangs. She came to a stop about 4 meters off the ground, dropping to it when she removed the wedged implements from the bark.

Taking a brief look around with a 360, she spotted nearby movements that looked human, one of them accompanied by a large metallic glint she identified as Malina's tail. Sheathing her knives and keeping herself to the parts of the ground that seemed reasonably solid, she trekked her way over to the two figures.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2017, 12:57:21 PM »
Oh boy, here we go again.

Cobe jumped out of the Bullhead, and started to drop rapidly towards the ground. Just when it looks like Cobe won't stop and become one with the ground, Cobe uses Cobalt Dawn to swing around a tree, cutting off the top as he falls down. When he hits the ground, a large thud is heard, as the tree top smacks the ground hard.

"Huh, not as bad as Initiation, there I nearly broke my leg."

Cobe decided to be polite and wave at his team members already on the ground, before turning back to his scroll and continuing to make key strategic points on the map.
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2017, 02:56:32 PM »
Malina looked away from the other falling students as Calen approached and gave him a small smirk. "If there's anything I've learned over the years as a huntress, it's that the real world doesn't give two shits if your prepared or able. The quicker you can get used to adapting to unexpected situations, the better." She paused for a moment as Helena and Cobe hit the ground and waved back toward Cobe. "Besides, worst case scenario, you've got a broken leg falling from that height with full aura." She glanced toward Helena's vague shape in the distance before turning back to Calen. "You didn't think I brought along Helena just for possible survivors, did you?"

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
Teddy attempted to keep up with the conversation, but he was never good at making small talk. The three hours did give him a chance to calm down and think over a few things, as well as get some more reading done. It was in his best interest to know as much as he was allowed to, after all.

And suddenly, Malina returns and departs, along with the rest of his team. They seemed far too nonchalant about randomly jumping out of perfectly functional vehicles, but that is the kind of field that they were in. Rather than rush out of the airship, Teddy took a few moments to secure his bag to his shoulders. He tightened every strap that he could. He was prepared for this, after all. Although, Teddy had a different line of thought when he was informed of "landing strategies".

As the rest of the group was idly conversing on the ground, Teddy was slowly descending from the heavens. As it turned out, he was the only one who had come prepared with a parachute. Sure, he was not as quick at descending as the rest of the group on the mission, but he was not going to break a bone before going on a miles-long hike, no sir.

The only issue that he had was that his parachute had little in the ways of maneuvering. It was an old parachute he picked up from a surplus store, and the handles used for guiding it were sadly not a priority, being just outside of Teddy's reach. Teddy just consigned himself to holding his weapon and hoping for the best.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2017, 06:09:00 AM »
As Helena kept trekking through the swamp, every now and then avoiding stepping on a spot too weak to support her weight, she took another quick glance around. What she noticed the most was that their appointed leader, Teddy, was coming down in the most leisurely and mundane way possible.

As she arrived next to Calen and Malina, she gestured towards the large fabric sail and said "Is it strange that he's using a parachute or is it strange that we find it strange?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »
'Very true Miss Nahualli, an unconventional but effective teaching method.' Calen responded, it was a method that agreed with him although some part of his mind did start to conjure scenarios Malina could put him in which he wouldn't be as able to deal with. Most of his team mates followed Malina example of dust and trees but Teddy was still falling, held aloft by a parachute of all things. 'Oddities are based off societal expectations so as long as we all agree Master Theodore is the weird one it becomes so.' Calen grinned before turning more serious. 'Although perhaps Master Theodore is much braver than he first appeared, the last place I would want to be is floating though the air in a place rife with avian Grimm.' Calen could almost see the sky fill with the feathered fiends and the horrific scene play out.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts Calen started to make his way towards Jackson, following his mental map and still careful to use his pole to find a stable path. Calling back Calen remarked 'I was scout right? Better get on that then, can't have the boss seeing me slack off on the first day.' Laughing at his stupid joke Calen kept his right hand free so he could react to any threat as fast as possible.

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2017, 07:12:27 PM »
Malina said nothing as she made her way to where Teddy was going to land once Calen began to make his way into the swamp. She collapsed her staff and holstered it to her side, feeling the cathartic tink as the metal locked against the magnet.

"You do remember me saying that the air was full of avian Grimm and that was why we couldn't stop or slow down, right?" She called up as she crossed her arm and looked up at the impromptu leader with a single raised eyebrow. He quickly opened his mouth to speak but Malina cut him off with the raise of one of her hands. "No, no." She uncrossed her arms and wiped several small droplets of water from her face, letting her see the first year floating slowly down more clearly. "You made a bad decision." She said as his feet touched the ground and the chute thwumped onto the ground behind him. "It's not the end of the world, we've all made our fair share of bad decisions." Something panged at the back of Malina's head as she spoke but she ignored it. "As the leader you have to put extra effort into taking notice of everything around you so that you don't do something or order something that would put you or your team in unnecessary danger." She stepped closer to Teddy and helped him undo the parachute. "I understand that this all might be a bit new for you, but it's necessary, believe me." She spoke softer than before as she unlatched something she wasn't entirely familiar with but was fairly certain would help undo the parachute.

The parachute eventually came completely undone and set Teddy free. "I'll be following all of you, Calen already made his way into the swamp to scout ahead." She pointed off to the edge of the swamp where Calen had entered. "Look's like Helena's already followed him in." Malina looked off to the side and saw Cobe making his way toward her. "And it looks like it's just you and Cobe. You'll do fine, I'll be right behind you all." And she gave Teddy a genuine smile, or at the very least attempted to make it appear genuine.

Malina smacked her cheek, crushing yet another mosquito attempting to bite into her. A disgusted sigh escaped her lips as she pulled out her scroll from its pouch to check the time once more. Almost an hour had passed and almost nothing had happened. Several beowolves had attacked about twenty minutes ago but they hadm't even made it past Calen and Helena's arrows. It would have been great if she could get her nerves in check, she never liked quiet missions. Always reminded her of that old saying, the calm before the storm. She supposed the environment didn't help. The light rain had continued to fall, scattering little droplets of water playfully across her tail, making it sound like the roof of a car in the rain, and despite the lightness of the rain, the clouds above them were dark, incredibly so. At times she could swear it was nighttime for how dark the clouds were making the swamp but with each check of her scroll she saw a bright light 10:46 AM that stared back her.

A drop of rain splashed against the hardlight "screen" of her scroll and she quickly wiped it off and slid it back into her pocket. It wouldn't be too long now until they got to Jackson and as far as Malina cared, the sooner the better. She'd been on hundreds of missions, but something about this, the oddly dark sky, the rain slowly falling down, the twisted trees that at times looked like they were reaching out toward her group, it all made her unusually uneasy. She looked ahead to the four ahead of her. Cobe close by with Teddy slightly ahead of him and Helena ahead of him, and the vague shadowy shape of Calen. She watched Teddy specifically for a few short moments, surely he had to be feeling the same as she did.

Far ahead of Malina, Calen scouted ahead of the group. Watching out for patches of wet much, he chose his footing carefully and deliberately while still keeping an eye on area ahead of him. One light step, quick glance downward, a look around, another step, quick glance downward, etc. It was a tedious process but a necessary  one. The beowolves earlier had been easy to take out, but they'd also been loud, who knew what else might lurk in the swamps.

As if on cue, the sound of something, something nearly indistinguishable, caught his ear. It sounded like the cracking of a branch but at the same time it sounded just slightly off, unnatural. Calen whipped his head to the left, where the sound had come from.

There, in a clearing in the swampy trees and much, surrounded in darkness was... nothing. The first year's eyes darted around for a moment, trying to see if something had fled or moved away and just as he did, another crack sounded, this time larger with more of a crunching sound. It had come from above the spot he'd originally heard the sound. His eyes followed the sound upward.

There, in the trees, clinging to one of the branches with massive clawed hands was... something. A Grimm for sure, it's black body and four red eyes, shaped in a large square on it's unusually flat face, proved that much. But the rest of it was shrouded in the darkness of this oddly dark cloudy day.

As Calen locked his eyes on the beast's piercingly red eyes, it let out a scream. A scream like nothing Calen, nor Teddy, nor Helena, or Cobe, or even Malina who'd been on missions to the harshest swamps of Mistral had ever heard. It was like the high pitched scream of a man and women overlaid on one another but at the same time extremely animistic, savage, barbaric.

Calen was frozen for just a moment, despite everything in his body telling him to move away or attack, he found himself unable to get a hold of himself as the beast dropped down from the tree and into the clearing, a horrible cracking noise sounding from its limbs as they bent and compressed.

Now on the same level as the monster, Calen was able to get a better look at it's details. It was enormous, standing on two legs and at least twice his own height despite the curved back and bent legs. Had it been standing straight up would have easily reached over fifteen feet. The thought shook him for a moment but only a moment before he pushed it away. From what he could see, its entire body was the black fur that made up most Grimm, and if its grotesque height hadn't been enough then its arms would sure send a lesser man running. They were bent now, but he was sure that if it extended its arms they would nearly reach ten feet long. The only white parts he could see in the darkness were the faceplate, which was almost like a square if not for the rounded bottom, and its claws. They were enormous. Each of the five claws on each hand had to be at least half his height.

The creature let out another loud roar from seemingly nowhere, nothing about it moved when the roar was released, and then it took a lumbering step forward, sending another ripple of cracks through the air, and leaving behind it a fine black mist.

In the next moment, the Grimm had launched itself up into the air above Calen with surprising speed. As it came down with claws primed to shred through its prey, Calen finally got a hold of himself once again.

UNKNOWN GRIMM: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉

(Posting order is Calen, Helena, Teddy, Cobe, with the Grimm being posted outside of any order. So they could go once wait a turn, then go again, or wait an entire rotation.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:27:15 PM by Dr. Gustave »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2017, 02:29:30 AM »
Calen opened his mouth to come to Teddy's defence but thought better of it. It wasn't really defensible and perhaps it would it do their leader some good to get some harsh criticism. Going on ahead Calen started to become very thankful that he had left the suit at home, even with the pole he mistepped a few times covering this pants in muck. Managing to keep a grin on his face for now Calen would call back and joke 'Maybe we should put up signs.' or 'I think I need to lose some weight.' But Calen's good humour was fraying fast and the muggy air as well as the bugs weren't helping. Finding some dark solace that everyone else should be feeling as miserable as he was Calen kept himself busy by studying the landscape.

As the rain started to fall Calen strangely started to calm, he had always enjoyed the rain and the gentle haze seemed to dull their surroundings turning it more into a dirty landscape painting rather than a real world hellscape. It was tempting to escape into his mind after the long trek of inactivity but Calen knew it would be too dangerous. Seemingly almost to punish himself for remaining on task Calen's mind started to play little tricks on him with squelching, cracking and groaning coming for the direction where they were going. Calen even half thought he saw a pair of red eyes piecing through the rainy haze. Only too late did Calen realise that it wasn't all in his head and a real threat climbed down from the trees. It was unlike anything Calen had ever seen and if the creatures strange appearance slowed his reaction the howl froze him completely. It was only when the creature leapt at him did Calen's self-presevation instinct over ride his fear and kicked Calen into action.

The Grimms enormous arms made going around the creature unlikely to succeed just as it's height made going over nigh impossible. This only left under, Calen's self preservation instinct having done it's job was pushed to the side as Calen charged forward. Slashing upward Calen lucked out with hitting a run of solid ground so he got a fair amount of force behind the blow before it all went crashing down. Getting one of his legs stuck knee deep in mud caused Calen to physically bite his lip to avoid cursing. Still Calen had gotten far enough away to avoid the Grimm's pounce so he might have a bit of time to get himself free as the creature chewed on the rest of his team.

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2017, 06:29:33 AM »
Thinking over Calen's answer, Helena admitted that it certainly wasn't entirely wrong, but it didn't seem entirely right either. She waited for a bit as her teammate departed - using the pause as an opportunity to use some of that repellant spray - before taking her bow off and following him at a distance, keeping her eyes trained on the figure as it slowly advanced, keeping her attention field as wide as feasible. She also made use of Calen's prodding of the ground to follow in his exact path, if not footsteps. His jokes made her smile, however briefly.

As rain started to be heard from herself, her teammates and her supervisor - she had to again refrain from squealing at the sound Malina's tail made every time a raindrop hit it - and the environment, Helena briefly thought whether or not she should put on her hood. Having a forward-facing cap made it unnecessary to shield herself from the rain, as it wouldn't affect her sight any less than it already did. On the other hand, she had something of an escort around her and could afford to restrict her line of sight, at least a bit. In the end, she decided to play it safe and kept moving after Calen.

The weather was oddly gloomy. It's wasn't that she didn't like rain, or heavy clouds, or even lightning-ridden thunderstorms. The sky here just felt... weird, unnatural. She didn't pay it much more mind, though, returning her attention to Calen after mere seconds.

Shortly afterwards, Calen came to a standstill. Helena immediately stopped walking and reached to her quiver, grabbing an arrow by its tail, bow at the ready. She couldn't ready it yet as that would prevent her from quickly using Dust.

A few instants later, something stirred. Something big - bigger than an Ursa, a Deathstalker, or anything else she could think of that wasn't a giant Nevermore. The shape was fuzzy towards the back, but the front was more clearly defined. Tensing, she waited until either the beast or Calen made a move. Which the former did, jumping high into the air with what looked like impossible claws all-out and ready to flail people alive. Helena selected a Kinetic augment - Calen was too close for anything else, really - and took out the arrow, pulled Artemis as far back as she could and aimed for the beast's landing spot before letting go. The arrow would, if she'd
aimed right, either hit it while it was landing or still in mid-air.

(1 Kinetic augment left)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 08:51:21 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2017, 12:33:42 PM »
(OOC: Posting due to last post being 4 days ago, no battle attack though)

Cobe stayed near the back of the group, as he had been told to do, sticking with Teddy and Malina. He hardly said anything, as he was not usually one for conversation. The sounds he had been making were him smacking mosquitoes around. However, when...what this thing was, came out of absolutely nowhere (at least from what he could see, being at the back and all), Cobe's brain kicked in.

Thinking back to what he had seen in District 101 from his time there, he knew that his crystals would be vital, however, he had not loaded them yet.

"I need to load Cobalt Dawn with my Crystals, and think of a plan to take this thing down, I'll need about a minute or two of cover."

Cobe then ran behind a bush and started to load Cobalt Dawn, and he had to be fast.
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »
The Grimm landed head against the ground, it's many claws easily piercing through the ground like butter. It began to let out another roar in retaliation to the slash, only to be cut off by the sickening thwack of an arrow embedding itself into its right shoulder. It paused for just moment, but that was long enough for Malina, who still stood far in the back, to get a good look at it.

It wasn't like any Grimm she'd ever seen nor heard of it. Looking at it profile now with the faintest light shining down through the clouds she could make out some of its more defined features. It stood on short stubby legs that bend backward at the knee then forward again at the ankle before ending in an oddly tiny foot. She could tell the legs weren't for support, though. No, those were leaping. The enormous arms that were currently planted against the muck were what supported it. Even from here, she could tell that the weren't just for show, those arms were extremely muscular.

The beast turned toward the rest of the students, where Helena had fired from, and Malina got a better look at its upper body now that it's arms where to its sides. It was almost shaped like a large C in a way. Its gut was incredibly thin and she could have sworn she could see the faintest outline of a rib cage beneath it, meanwhile its chest protruded out and downward. It's head and thick neck protruded even further way from it's body, almost like a turtle constantly striving to bite into something.

Malina quietly slunk back into the brush behind her and slowly pulled out her scroll, opening it to the screen showing the team's aura levels. She'd only take action if she needed to.

The Grimm snapped its neck toward Cobe as he ran to the bushes, letting out another disgusting crack from within its body. The beast lifted its arms up into the air and slammed its fists down into the earth as it let out another roar this one much lower than before. As soon as Cobe disappeared from its view, it began charging toward the bushes, leading with its arms and using them to carry them quickly across the distance, putting Helena and Teddy directly in the beast's path.

UNKNOWN GRIMM: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:40:23 AM by Dr. Gustave »

Mikelobmike

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2017, 09:19:33 AM »
As Teddy touched down, it was clear that he was never going to get a word in with Malina. He just put his head down and let her start scolding him. If it were almost anyone else, he would have eventually agreed that it was a bad decision, but would have gotten an opportunity to explain what he was thinking with the high deployment of the parachute and long drop time. With Malina, however, the best solution would seem to let her get her frustrations out now and hope that she does not continue to try and publicly humiliate him for her own amusement.

Teddy was not exactly in a talking mood as he dredged through the swamp. The deplorable conditions combined with the fact that he knew he had Malina watching him made him feel absolutely awful. The bugs were actually useful to him, as they kept him from zoning out and losing focus. He found himself oddly comfortable in the gradually increasing darkness. It reminded him of the evenings he spent in the forest. It served as a little bit of solace in a harrowing time.

For a brief second, Teddy was actually glad that a Grimm had shown up, as it broke the tension that lied in the air. That feeling was quickly swept away when Teddy saw just how massive the creature was. It was obvious that he needed to coordinate with his team, find its weak spot, and take the creature dow- and Cobe just ran into the bushes. Of course he had not loaded his weapon. Because this day just needed to get better.

"You don't have a minute! Run!" he shouted at Cobe. He quickly transformed his weapon and aimed it at the creature. "Helena, go left!" he shouted up ahead. He managed to fire two shots off as he was running to the right. Teddy hoped that by running in different directions, the creature would not be able to follow them both.
1st Year Beacon Student Michael Vaktar http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,589.0.html
1st Year Beacon Student Chris "The Tiger" Sebei  http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,601.0.html
1st Year Student Theodore "Teddy" Williams http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,744.0.html
3rd Year Beacon Student Justice Montenegro http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,1081.0.html

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2017, 04:43:10 PM »
Small, deep red holes appeared in the Grimm's side as the buckshot slammed against it while it was running past Teddy. It stopped almost immediately, slamming its fists down into the ground and cease its movement, and twisted its body toward the boy. As it spun, it picked one of its trunk-like arms and swung it horizontally toward Teddy, hitting him square in the chest and sending him skidding back across the mash.

The beast let out another quick roar before using its arms and legs to spring itself into the air above Teddy. It passed over the boy and crashed into a tree, taking it down with a familiar crack. As the tree toppled down, the beast dropped down toward the ground behind Teddy, its claws once against ready to plunge down into its target.

UNKNOWN GRIMM: ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:41:00 AM by Dr. Gustave »