Author Topic: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]  (Read 13190 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 01:57:23 AM »
Jima takes the blow with a surprising amount of grace, and grins as he's sent sprawling back by her kick. As he crashes back into the wrack, she grins at him, putting one hand on her hip and cocking her head to the side - that smirk is back. "So are you just gonna lie there and take it, or what?"

Attacks:
Biting Sarcasm (Ego bruise)

Combat Log:
(Aura: 93/100)
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 02:05:43 AM »
"Alright, that's it!" Smokey says as he pushes himself off the rack, charging back into battle with another wild hay-maker.  But this time it's a feint, as the real attack is the aura enhanced uppercut heading straight for her chin.  The kid gloves have officially come off.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  90%
Ego status:  Spewing excessive profanity

Attack: Aura Enhanced Uppercut (6%)
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 02:14:57 AM »
The handy part about having mobile senses? It's nearly impossible to be surprised. It especially isn't hard to see the dark grey shimmer that's gathering on his hand, making his plan fairly easy to determine. Jima responds in turn by giving her own dash into the charge - effectively ducking the punch - before grabbing him around the waist, attempting to flip him up and over her shoulder to bodyslam him into the ground.

Combat Stats:
(Aura 93/100)

Attack:
Bodyslam into ground: 5%

Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 02:27:44 AM »
Smokey curses as his attack whiffs over Jima's head, as his body is now open for a counter attack.  But luck is on his side this time, as his opponent tries to lift him up.  But as she tries, Smokey activates his Semblance, causing his body to glow and resist any attempt to move him against his will.  As both of his hands are above her, he clasps them together and brings them down with full force, hoping to collapse her to the ground, and move in for the pin.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  90%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  19
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVE: TIME REMAINING 25 SECONDS

Attack:  Aura Enhanced 2-handed Heavy Downward Smash (15%) into attempted pin
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:31:48 AM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 02:45:47 AM »
Jima's vision is overhead as she grabs the charging gman around the waist, but as he lights up and doesn't budge off the ground, her mistake is obvious - he's activated his semblance, and she can't move him. At all.

She's fucked.

She takes the slam, hitting the ground hard with her breath knocked out of her - her aura visibly shimmers a bit. He just manages to get her arms over her head, but they're yanked down before she's properly pinned, and for the first time in the fight the smirk has been wiped off her face. She isn't letting this volatile little first year get the best of her. She retaliates with a harsh headbutt aimed directly for his skull, while at the same time bringing her knee up between his legs - aiming directly for a harsh groinshot with her knee. Hopefully, that'll surprise him enough she can free herself.

Combat Stats:
(Aura: 78/100)

Attacks:
Headbutt (3%)
Knee-to-the-Groin (8%)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:51:27 AM by Moth »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
...It worked!  That's the only thought that went through Smokey's head as his opponent collapsed to the ground, her irritating grin finally gone from her face.  He moves in to pin her down in order to finish the fight once and for all, but Jima still has plenty of spirit in her. 

A harsh knee comes straight for Smokey's groin.  Between his aura and semblance, it probably wouldn't have been very effective.  But Smokey's never tested that theory, and for perfectly valid reasons, one might add.  Smokey awkwardly dodges the crotch-shot and ends up moving directly in the way of the headbutt.  Again, not very effective with his semblance up, but it does surprise him.  His movements give just enough room for his senior to escape, but Smokey throws out one last punch as she scrambles away.

And then a quick thought jumps into his head.  There's only one reason she would go for a cheap shot:  she's losing!  The barest hint of a grin starts to creep up his face.

"What's the matter?  Big, bad upperclassman can't handle a first year?" he asked. 

Combat Stats:
Aura:  88.5% (IO damage resistance)
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVE: TIME REMAINING 20 SECONDS

Attack:  Aura Enhanced Punch (5%)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 08:28:29 PM »
Jima rolls to the side as he moves off her, the punch barely dodged in time as she rapidly scrambles to her feet. She doesn't bother to answer the question he poses, only giving taking a breath in response - yeah, she's not losing this. Time to play her strengths. "Don't let your ego get the best of you, buddy. Keep in mind you had to activate your semblance to get the best of me."

Jima shifts again, pulling her arms against herself, a slightly tighter defensive stance than she initially had - and of all things, closes her eyes. Time to psyche him out - he may know she can throw her voice, but he doesn't know about the rest of her senses. "Don't think you're all high-and-mighty quite yet, I know for a fact I could win this with my eyes closed."

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »
"You bi--"  No, she's taunting him.  He's not sure what her game is, but Smokey's lost more than enough fights to sniff out a trap.  Some of the bruises are still there from his younger years, before aura.  No, he's an immovable object, and he's at his best when his opponents come to him, like when the woman in front of him tried to body slam him. 

Smokey wipes some sweat from his brow, deactivating his semblance.  He's learned two things during this fight:  he hits harder than her, but she's smarter and better trained.  Smokey's best chance to win is to bring her to the ground when his semblance comes back up, and the best way to do that is to recreate the last time she fell.

"Is that so?  What else can you do?  Can you tell how many fingers I'm holding up?" Smokey flips the bird.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  88.5%
IMMOVABLE OBJECT DEACTIVATED. 10 SECOND COOLDOWN

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 09:23:10 PM »
"...fuck if I know? I have my eyes closed, dude. Not sure you saw that." The slight cocky smirk is back, alongside the grin in her voice - she's moved right on past his teasing, her defensive stance still held. Just tucked out of sight to him, there's a faint purple shimmer starting to envelope her back leg - she's charging an aura-boosted kick. Moving forwards with a burst of movement, she swings with her right arm, while her left leg comes up -  the attack's a feint, the true kick aimed to his stomach.

Combat Stats:
Aura: (78/100)

Attack:
Feint (if it glances): 0.5%
Aura Enhanced Kick: 8%

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 09:38:29 PM »
The thing about feints?  They only work on people who are afraid of taking a hit.  And Smokey hasn't bothered dodging any of Jima's punches, so why would he start now?  Instead, Smokey dives straight through the punch, gritting his teeth, and goes for a counter hit at full force, diving in too close for his opponents kick to connect to his stomach.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  88.0%
IMMOVABLE OBJECT DEACTIVATED. 5 SECOND COOLDOWN

Attack:  Aura Enhanced Counter Punch (6%)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:41:27 PM by ReaperJoe »

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 09:48:32 PM »
...well fuck, that didn't work. Jima's never spared with someone who's dived into her punches. She barely manages to roll herself to the side in time to avoid it with just a glancing blow, but tries to use his dive to counter him, combining another regular sweeping kick to try and trip him up with an aura-charged two-handed blow to his side. If he's listening closely, he might have just heard a voice utter "Fascinating..."

Combat Stats:
(Aura 77/100)

Attack:
Sweeping Kick: 2%
Aura Enhanced Two-Handed Blow: 6%

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 10:15:53 PM »
Smokey clicks his tongue as Jima barely manages to dodge his punch.  Apparently she can see him, although he's not quite sure how.  Despite catching her off guard, his opponent's superior training came through, and was Smokey's feet stumbled, leaving him wide open for her second blow, sending him back and away from her. 

Smokey does manage to catch himself, however.  Carrying around heavy equipment and armor means every day is leg day.  It'll take a more concentrated effort to bring him down to the ground against his will. 

Smokey turns back to his opponent, sporting a bit of a smirk of his own. He may have just taken a heavy hit, but Smokey looks like he thinks the advantage lies with him.  And in a way, it does: Jima's having to charge him, now, rather than the other way around.  On top of that, he just showed a "viable" stategy of tripping him up and swinging at him.  But now his semblance is back up, and if she tries it again, she'll find that it won't go so smoothly as it did before...

"C'mon, that all you got?" 

Combat Stats:
Aura:  80.0%
IMMOVABLE OBJECT DEACTIVATED. COOLDOWN REFRESHED
IMMOVABLE OBJECT AVAILABLE FOR USE

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 10:28:53 PM »
Jima grins at his words, taking a brief moment to pull up a little screen on what appears to be an black wristwatch on her scroll, before typing something on to the digital display - inputting coordinates. Finishing the task, she nods in satisfaction, before turning back to her opponent and not bothering to respond, coming in with three quick swings before following it up with a fourth aura-enhanced kick to the side.

Combat Stats:
Aura: 77/100

Attacks:
Rapid Punches: (2% x 3)
Aura Enhanced Kick (6%)

Elsewhere on the school grounds, Jima's locker has fired up, and is rocketing towards the training room - with very little regard for the architecture it's blasting through.

TIME IN TRANSIT: 10 S
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:41:23 PM by Moth »

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 10:53:27 PM »
Smokey tightens up his guard.  He doesn't bother dodging her punches.  In reality, he can't.  They're well aimed, quick, and compact.  But Smokey isn't watching Jima's fists.  He's watching her legs.  And when that leg starts flying towards him, even encased in aura, a wicked grin spreads across his face.  This was his chance!

Smokey purposefully opens his guard on his side, almost welcoming the kick into his stomach, and flexes as hard as he can to brace himself.  It almost knocks the wind out of him, but he holds, and immediately wraps his arm around her leg.  His aura then starts to solidify around him, signifying the activation of his semblance once again.  Jima's been trapped!

Her ability to dodge effectively removed, Smokey lets loose a heavy strike aimed straight for her face.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  68.0%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  18
IMMOVABLE OBJECT ACTIVATED: 25 SECONDS REMAINING

Attack: Heavy Strike (7%)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 11:07:34 PM »
Catching her leg gets a bit of an eyebrow, but Jima doesn't let herself visibly react - instead, almost creepily, her grin gets wider. After taking a punch to the face, of all things. Unfortunately, she's a bit stuck, regardless of the damage she's done to Smokey. She'll just... wait this one out. A matter of patience in the end, after all.

Notably, there's a growing roar in the distance, but you'd only notice if you were paying attention.

Combat Stats:
Aura: 70/100

Attacks: None

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 11:17:18 PM by Moth »