Author Topic: New Buds [Closed]  (Read 33548 times)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: New Buds [Closed]
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2017, 10:56:46 AM »
Nathan followed suit behind Mauve, taking Ergia off his bak and resting it across his legs when he sat besides her, while Izzy took the seat on the other side of Mauve.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »
Russell knew that he couldn't betray his Atlas training so he followed Mauve's leadership and sat down. But his grip on his shield became greater and he wanted to get to fighting so he could prove what a great asset to the team he would be in a fight. He hadn't quite felt like he was making the right social choices but he did respect the choices of his Huntsman elders. He took his seat and wait for this caravan to get moving.
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 12:48:13 AM »
(Timeskip to arrival)

Jadyn uncoiled from her strangely cat-like sleeping position, yawning and looking out the window to confirm that yes, they had arrived at Eden. While she spent a bit more time looking out, perhaps to reminisce or take it in, Finch stepped down the newly-opened ramp, squinting and looking out at the town. "It's very pretty," he commented, and this was no simple flattery. The walls were bright white, some ivory, some simply painted, with lush greenery everywhere. The villagers seemed to like their gardens. Residential houses all looked very similar, but each with their own defining touch.

"Pretty?" asked Jadyn bitterly. "It used to be beautiful." The town was also rife with evidence of the attack, a good number of walls knocked down and crumbling, plant life looking dull due to the villagers focusing their efforts on evacuating instead of gardening. Some spots were charred and patches of dirt marred the ground where it seemed grass should've been. A particularly large house seemed to be standing in for an additional clinic, though a part of the wall was knocked down, giving everyone a view of the inside. People hurried to and fro, though only a small number were ready to board the ships. One of those few was a woman looking to be about in her mid-forties, holding a small infant in her hand.

"Mrs. Everett?" Jadyn asked as the woman passed by. "Why are you holding little Willow? Where's Sonya and Verde?"

This 'Mrs. Everett' seemed both surprised and immensely relieved to see Jadyn there. "Oh my dear Jadyn it's such a relief to see you here." A hug commenced between the two before the woman continued talking. "Don't worry darling, Sonya's helping out others in the village, but Verde was injured in the attack, so he just went ahead of us with a few other critically injured people on the med carrier they sent. He was hurt pretty bad, but they've got all this fancy tech in there and they said he'd be alright. I have to go now dear, but you do your best to help everyone here alright?" She hugged Jadyn one last time before heading towards another carrier.

In the meanwhile, Mauve was readying her weapons and making sure all her supplies and ammunition were present. Once that was confirmed, she stood to head out of the bullhead, motioning for her team to follow. "Eden beckons you, dear teammates. We won't have much time before the Aceans make a return, so we better familiarize ourselves with the town as best as we can before that happens. And of course we'll need to go over strategy and such, how to combat the Aceans specifically and any other Grimm that follow." Turning her head to smirk at the other three in her team, Mauve said, "I sincerely hope that you paid attention in class."

Once she was out of the aircraft, Finch focused his attention on the team instead of his partner, who seemed to be busy talking to several villagers, presumably to get a better hold on the situation. "Hey, there you are! So we have a little time before the Aceans are predicted to attack, but it's not too much, so don't get comfy. Make good use of what time we have, get familiar with the layout of the town, take inventory, do all of that. Once you've relayed the plan to me, I'll go check in with the head guy and take care of anything that needs to be taken care of there."

"Well excuse me, but... Miss Jadyn?" asked Mauve. As the huntress raised her eyebrow in reply, the student continued, "could you please do us the favor of drawing up a quick map of the place? I understand you might not remember all of it exactly, but it would be nice to have a rough idea of the place, maybe an idea of where important places, such as the medical center, are?" Mauve smiled politely at the woman, hoping that she wasn't going to be as crass as she was when they'd first met.

Looking a little out of her element, which would make sense as Finch had mentioned how she hadn't monitored a team before, Jadyn agreed, taking a pen and some paper from her bag. "I can do that. Anything else you guys'll need?"

Spoiler: ShowHide
I'll get a rough estimate of Eden up next post, as Jadyn's drawing.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2017, 09:16:18 AM »
Ismael slowly woke up as he found they came to a final decent. He yawned and stretched as he listened to Mauve as he looked out to find they were in a place that looked very similar to his home. He slide out the bundle under his seat and slung it over his shoulder as he started to see what was being exactly done. He heard that plans were being somewhat outlined and a map was being made. He took a moment to think and then tried to find details of the surroundings, "Excuse me, I would like to ask what is the fauna and flora that is found around here?". Ismael starts looking out seeing where he could lay some kind of trap.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 09:23:29 AM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
Nathan offloaded from the airship when it was his turn - for yes, there was a set order - and more or less... just stood there, passively gathering all available information, his hands in his side pockets.It looked pretty damn fabulous, save for the odd destroyed bit. He turned hies ears' attention towards Mauve as she spoke, continuing to observe the surroundings. At her joke-laden tone about paying attention in class, he answered "Yes, ma'am.", a smirk appearing on the left corner of his mouth.

When she asked the - relatively anxious - individual named Jadyn, Nathan took the opportunity to nonchalantly whisper to her, and only her, "Speaking of maps, think I should do a bit of airborne recon?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2017, 07:44:40 PM »
Russell concurred with Nathan; a map of the surrounding area would be useful. He wanted to get going as soon as he could, but he awaited for Mauve's order.
"Any particular areas we should turn our attention to first?" Russell asked.
He kept his grip on his shield closer. He started to think of his family and knew that his team needed to act fast.
Looking at his teammates, he knew that he would be able to take the most damage but move the slowest, so he would need to tag along with one of them. But which one would be the best move strategically?
"And if we need to split up, who would go where?"
Russell "Rusty" Omhiaba, 1st Year Beacon Transfer Student on Team ROSE: "If you mess with those I care about, don't be surprised if my rage comes out."

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
Jadyn started to work on her makeshift map, borrowing some colored pencils from some kid. "I'll do my best, but I'm no artist, so don't expect it to be a Picasso, alright?" In the meanwhile, she took the time to answer the questions Ismael and Russell posed.

"Just say plants and animals next time kiddo," she said dryly, pausing to look up at Ismael before resuming her drawing. "Plants, there are a bunch of garden-variety things all over. People here like their gardens. Some of the species are actually really rare, and that's how some people make their living here. Again, mostly garden stuff. You can find a lot of vines and stuff though. Ferns, flowers, whatever." To enunciate, Jadyn fluttered a hand in the air, presumably trying to gesture at their surroundings. "Trees are of the tropical variety, you won't find many evergreens. There are huge fields to the East, we're entering West by the way. Apple trees, Eden's apples are pretty pricy. Go for quite a bit of cash. The process is super secret, but Granny Wentre says all of them have been plucked clean by now. Good thing it's already end of season. If perhaps this doesn't last, maybe they can start planting again without too much trouble." Her hand suddenly stilled for a bit before adding things in a lot of different places. "Look at the bottom for what the numbers mean. What was the other question again?" she asked. "Oh yeah, animals. Just normal animals. Squirrels, stray cats and dogs, snakes, we have a snake problem, foxes, the like. Sometimes more exotic creatures wander in from the jungle. "

"As for any special areas," said Jadyn slowly, "I... Let me think." After a long pause, Jadyn picked up pen and resumed both writing and speaking. "To the left, there's the clinic, barracks, and storage. You'll find supplies there, combat-capable people, and people who need to be helped. Straight ahead is the community center. People go there to barter, to talk, to shop and sell, all sorts of things. But the second and third levels are capable of holding out a large number of Grimm. You can issue a retreat there, but I don't think that carriers will fit." At this point it seemed that the huntress had finished her makeshift map, which she handed off to Finch, who'd been helping villagers along to the carriers in the meanwhile.

He looked it over shortly before taking out his scroll and snapping a picture of it, saying "Thanks Jadyn, maybe it was a good idea having you here after all. It'll help to have someone familiar with the layout and all of that. I'm going to check in with the... whoever leads the town, alright? You guys," he gestured to the team, "can relay your plan to Jadyn instead."

"Go, go, no one's stopping you." Jadyn waved her comrade on, taking back the map in the process. She stood up and handed it to Mauve, then stepped to face the whole team. "If you need to split up, someone absolutely has to go across the town, across the fields, because there are houses over there too, and they can't be ignored. The forests to the North and South don't hold Grimm that you should worry about, maybe a stray beowolf or two, but the people here can take care of those. The jungles to the East are what you need to worry about. There are mountains fairly close by too. The elders always tell stories about some winged monsters and beasts from there to scare the kids, but who knows? They might not be completely false. Alright?"

To answer Nathan, Mauve shook her head very slightly. It wouldn't be needed with Jadyn's map, and conserving fuel would be a good idea, especially against Aceans and any winged Grimm that might come from the mountains. Plus, she didn't want Jadyn to feel like they didn't trust her. That would be bad. "Thank you very much for your help Jadyn, it's reassuring to know that we won't be walking blind. Now of course we would need to split up. Take inventory, gather people who may be able to help in holding back the Grimm, send them to hold ground around the border, especially the North and South so we don't have to worry about it and can worry exclusively about the Aceans and the Grimm that might populate the Eastern jungle or mountains." She flicked her gaze to the East for a moment, and if she focused, it was true that there were mountains nearby, particularly nasty-looking ones too. If she remembered correctly, she'd been through the area before, when running from the White Fang. Some very dangerous Grimm did indeed reside on those mountains. "Just doing a quick sweep of the town and most definitely the community center is a good idea too. Any other ideas?" As she asked the question, Mauve looked directly at Nathan. He was the strategic, logical type, and she wanted to see to what degree he could help in that area.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Here's the map in link form because you'll need to see it enlarged for it to be any good: http://imgur.com/a/zAwSW

N, S, E: jungle

Natendo, I'm going to need Nathan to take a larger role in strategy for this mission, not too much, just enough so that I'm not playing the sole decision make and the one who knows how those decisions will play out.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:06:38 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »
Ismael nodded as he said to Jadyn, "Thank you". Ismael looks out and starts to see where is the best place to set up a line of defense. Maybe he could scatter his weapons in a way to lighten his load. He sighed as he hopped out and started looking around to find spots and areas to place weapons strategically. He drops his weapons and takes up his scythe and takes up a throwing position and with one hand he hurls the scythe and dug it into the tree about 20 feet off the ground. Ismael then picked up his swords and stabbed them into the ground in a X pattern as he picked his sniper and climbed the wall to place it up in a decent sniping position. He sat up there as he started looking around to see what everyone else is doing
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2017, 08:12:50 AM »
Nathan looked back towards Jadyn after getting his answer from Mauve. She was, as was most often the case, correct.

As Jadyn finished speaking, Nathan turned his gaze every which way, trying to get a good feel of the surroundings, both within and outside the walls. Meanwhile, Mauve answered Rusty's first question with a simple statement (the second one didn't really register, apparently) and, as she asked for other ideas, turned to him. Well, that's how it sounded. To confirm this, he looked back at her. Oh wow, she really was asking him a bit more. Nathan started to say "Well, uh-" when he caught a quick movement out of the corner of his eye. Switching his sights to try and find out what the hell was happening, he witnessed Izzy 'dropping off' some of his weapons before climbing a wall. "...As Izzy is demonstrating, no, not really. Maybe a quick sweep of the area surrounding the walls, too, so we don't go into any fights without knowing the area's general disposition."

He briefly paused before asking "Oh, and as Rusty asked, who's with whom?" He knew Mauve was his partner - in many ways - but she might decide on spreading the team differently.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »
Hearing Nathan call him Rusty made Russell happy, but he didn't want to come off as too excited about it. He knew that he and Nathan had already bonded but knew it would be a while before he and Ishmael could be on the same page entirely.

But maybe that could be sped up. Harkening back to his more-militant days at Atlas, Russell stood up and said " Ma'am, I would like to follow behind Ishmael and provide defensive support. My shield and kunai are well equipped to help in case of battle."

Russell said Ma'am in order to see which leader would speak up: Mauve or Jadyn?

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2017, 11:05:38 AM »
Mauve nodded as Nathan suggested some more things that might be a help to do. And of course Ismael was being Ismael. She waved him down before relaying her decision to the rest of the team.

"Sweet of you to say so Mr. Omhiaba, but Ismael is more than capable of holding his own in combat, with or without backup. There's really no reason for you to need to tail him like so, the Grimm aren't here." After a pause, Mauve added, "I mean, not yet." She made a dismissing motion with her hand and continued to say, "Anyway, you're with me." A glance was sent Nathan's way just to say 'nothing against you.' She was the leader, and it was her job to make Russell feel included. She doubted that'd happen with Ismael, however well-meaning or not her teammate was. "We'll go and make acquaintence with the people who are capable of combat, and perhaps we'll be able to check up on the amount of supplies in the area."

"Nathan, Ismael," she turned her head a bit to face them more, manners, "I need you to make a detailed sweep around the whole town, get your bearings and all, be familiar with the layout of it. In case I don't have the time to know it better myself, it's important that you do." As the leader, it would've made sense for her to be one of the people who made the sweep, as she called the shots, but Nathan was more than capable with strategy and as the leader, it'd be better for her to be calling the shots with the villagers instead, to relay her thoughts better.

Meanwhile, Jadyn was leaning against a convenient tree, listening to Mauve explain. "I can take you guys," she interjected, 'you guys' meaning Nathan and Ismael. "To go around the town and all. Oh, um..." Jadyn quickly snapped a photo of her own of the drawn map on her scroll before giving it to Nathan. "Here. I don't need it, but you do."

Mildly surprised but grateful nonetheless, Mauve smiled pleasantly at the huntress. "That would be much appreciated, Miss." Met with a nod in return, she took that as her cue. "Alright, disband, you know what to do. Russell, come." Mauve broke off from their gathering to go in the direction of the barracks, clinic, and storage/armory. Quite convenient that they were in the same direction. As for conversation, she waited for Russell to start it off. She would probably just ask polite but meaningless questions, and that wouldn't do much good, no. Neither would questions that seemed too nosy. It was much better to let Russell speak first. Strategy wasn't always just limited to the battlefield.

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2017, 11:31:14 PM »
Ismael sets down his rifle and stretches before he shimmies' down and says, "Alright let's turn sparks into an inferno". As Ismael passes by Russell he pats him on the back as he says in a nonchalant manner, "Hey, loosen up. As we are here we set the tone. Give a rhythm and the beat will be followed". Ismael starts to walk around and takes in the views as he pulls out his little black book and begins to write and draw out different sketches of the area.
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2017, 01:45:44 PM »
Nathan winked at Mauve as a 'got ya', then proceeded to follow Izzy around, taking in the location like he did but with a different method. Before that, though, he also agreed with Jadyn, saying "Yes, please!". After a few seconds, he added "Say Izzy, didn't you leave all your weapons back where we arrived?"
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

MTNew

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2017, 08:07:30 PM »
"Understood, ma'am", Russell replied, following behind Mauve. Being a big fan of watching a leader's individual style should be. He was more than willing to learn from Mauve and the other Huntsmen. He sheathed his weapons and cracked a minute smirk when he heard Mauve call him by his first name. "Mr. Omhiaba" was way too formal for him and reminded him way too much of Atlas. He was at Beacon now and wanted a clean slate.

Hearing that he would only be meeting the capable fighters, Russell knew not to expect Atlas soldiers in the forefront. Capable to him meant able bodied, but the body isn't always able especially when it comes to the Grimm. Just keep that semblance in check, kid and this mission should go just fine, Russell pondered, keeping pace with Mauve.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2017, 06:00:36 AM »
Jadyn narrowed her eyes at Ismael. Strange kid. But she shook it off, instead saying, "I think you should get some of those. No serious threats, but there might be a few stray Beowolves. Or snakes. Again, snake problem." She shrugged. "Up to you though."

While she waited on that, Jadyn restlessly looked around at her surroundings, the tightness in her expression clear as day. "As you can see on the map, Eden's arranged pretty neatly, like a grid. Would you like to thread through the village first or do a perimeter sweep first? Up to you. Just... don't make too much of a ruckus around here. They like their peace." Quietly, she added "Maybe too much..."

Meanwhile, Mauve was still heading towards her destination, her left hand on the hilt of one of her weapons, always on the ready for an attack. She also kept her eyes sharp, to notice anything out of the ordinary. It appeared though, that the only disturbances that she would be met with were stray cats and a few snakes. They didn't look too dangerous, but the most deadly ones never did. "Watch your step," she cautioned him. "Our slithery friends don't seem too happy even without a rogue foot on them."

"We're heading to the barracks first," Mauve told Russell as they neared the intersection where their points of interest lie. "I'd suppose they have the most to tell us, about supplies, village layout, specific things to pay attention to regarding this town, wouldn't you agree, Mr. Omhiaba?" She reverted back to using his last name, slightly chastising herself for slipping and using his first name earlier. She was also a bit disappointed he hadn't said much yet. He didn't seem much like the social type, or maybe that was just because of her high-ranking status. She doubted that he hadn't heard of her, or at least her last name before, being a former citizen of Atlas. But some people didn't pay attention to debutante scandal, as her tragedies would be to normal people.