Author Topic: A Badge of Honor [BADJ Initiation]  (Read 7965 times)

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Re: A Badge of Honor [BADJ Initiation]
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 05:12:33 PM »
Jacob made his way over to the side of the ship where the dragon kid was and overheard their conversation. "What, don't have a plan? That's alright, I'll tell you mine." He leaned in closer to Serin and spoke in a low voice. "I plan to wing it." He laughed and once again stood up straight. "Nah, but seriously, you'll be fine. This jump is just Beacon's way of showing us how tough we really are."

Crystal moved toward a panel on the wall and pulled out her scroll, accessing an application that allowed her to unlock it. While the academy used to use simple keys for this, they recently adopted Atlas tech to increase security. After all, this was a school where anyone might be able to pick locks or create a key out of aura. Crystal input the temporary PIN the academy had given her, and the panel slid open revealing several controls. With the flick of a switch, the huge doors on either side of the airship opened up, giving everyone a clear view of the forest below them. "Your ten minutes starts now. Good luck."

The herd of students on the airship thinned significantly as most of the initiates leapt out the doors, making the jump before they could psyche themselves out of it. Jacob, on the other hand, made a show of sitting down and leaning against the wall, even yawning for effect. He set a timer on his scroll for five minutes and sat back to relax.

1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2018, 10:43:12 PM »
Billy, who was standing way too close to the window on the door, was quietly startled by the door suddenly opening in front of her. She tried to take a few steps back from the opening but with so many people heading to the doors to make their jumps, she was pushed to the front of the line. She looked out through the rushing winds and into the crimson forest they were flying over. From the other doors, the other kids made their jumps. Billy noticed one of them shooting their weapon into the forest and it slowing their fall, thus giving her some ideas. She kept one hand on her hat, and the other on her gun as she took one last breath as the people behind her started to complain that she was blocking the door. With a "Ye-haw!" That slowly turned into a scream, she jumped.

She fell through the air, scared out of her mind. The silver fox tailed girl needed to find a way to slow down before she could use her rope safely. She moved her hat to under her arm and loaded a fire dust cartridge into her rifle. With clumsy maneuvering she aimed her rifle at the patch of dirt she was heading towards and fired. The combustion from the resulting explosion under her slowed her fall just enough for her to use her rope semblance to catch a branch midway down a tree.

Billy cursed herself for not practicing her semblance more as she felt it jerk her arm, shoulder, and stomach to a stop midway to the ground. She got a look down the eight or so empty feet to the ground for about three seconds before she got the courage to drop the rest of the way down. She slipped as she landed and slid on to her butt, but that was enough for her smile wide and celebrate a little that she survived.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2018, 11:25:45 PM »
Mikado watched how about 70% of the students jumped off the second the doors opend. He got a better and wider few of the forest looking out the doors and his eyes scanned the area as much as possible. The words of the professor still rang in his head "The locations in which the academy has hidden the objects all have some significance, like a hidden cave for example.". Following said words he looked for anything out of place. Time went by and a few more students decided to jump while others stayed on the airship for a little while longer. Mikados eyes lit up when he saw something. He could be wrong but one of the trees down there was way taller than the others. It was worth a try.

Mikado stood at the edge of the Airship, before taking a simple jump forward. Kiro jumped of his shoulder to fly on his own while Mikado start heading down. Mikados took out a ice-dust crystal from his pockets and threw it up. The dragon easily caught up to it and swallowed. Jup, swallowed.
With angeld wings, Kiro headed down to catch up to mikado. They shared a blank stare before Kiro began breathing ice into the forest. It didn’t took long for him to make an slide out of ice, on which Mikado had no problems to slide down.

Now arrived at the bottom of the forest, Mikado started to take a look around. The Dragon landed next to him, but something in his appearance changed. The cute and small rabbit-sized dragon stood there now with a size more similar to the on of a horse or even a bit higher than one. Kiro followed Mikado, his tail whipped from one side to the other, and he scanned the area with his eyes. Just before he kept on following Mikado he looked up to the airship for a last time.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2018, 12:00:44 AM »
"No it's not that I don't a have plan just-" Before he could finish Serin was cut off by the boy who continued to talk over him. So patiently waited for him to finish before Serin tried to respond and was once again cut off by the doors along the side of the ship opening up. Serin held back from jumping in the tail end of the crowd and it was the only reason that he noticed the boy who cut him off sitting back and very dramatically yawning. Serin stood in the doorway about to jump but after some short deliberating he decided it was important that no one was left behind.

Walking over to the boy he said, "Why aren't you jumping? There's not a ton of time and I doubt you wanna be dragged back to Beacon and sent home unless you do for some reason, but why bother coming along at all then?" He began trailing off towards the end of the sentence but he kept his gaze focused on the boy.

"Come on lets go." He said extending his arm towards him, he figured that maybe the boy just talked a big game but was scared of jumping? Serin knew he was certainly a little on edge about the whole ordeal.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 01:00:15 AM »
"I ain't gettin' dragged back. That's what the timer's for." Jacob held up his scroll- 30 seconds to go. "Think of it this way: The airship is circling the forest right now, yeah? And all we know about these artifacts is that they're somewhere in that vast sea of trees. If I jump with the rest of the pack, I'm gonna end up fighting over what few artifacts there are in that small area everyone's landin' in." As the timer expired, Jacob looked at Serin's outstretched arm and grabbed him by the wrist, pulling himself up in the process before continuing to talk. "But if I- and by that I mean my partner and I- jump now we'll have a whole big area to search all to ourselves."

In a couple of quick strides, Jacob crossed over to stand at the precipice, turning around to face inward. "You comin' buddy? Wouldn't wanna get 'dragged back to Beacon,' would ya?" He laughed and stretched his arms out, Journeyman in his right hand, allowing himself to fall backwards out of the airship.

...If only he was really as confident in this landing strategy as he seemed. Considering his rather brutish style, Jacob didn't have a whole lot to work with. In the few minutes he had to prepare, the best he could come up with was this. Aiming for the tallest tree he could see, Jacob readied his club. At just the right moment, he swung Journeyman as hard as he could, smashing a branch out of the tree. Using his semblance, he slowed the branch on its way down and caught up to it, grabbing on as it accelerated back upwards. Finally, when his vertical speed was zeroed (pulling his legs in to avoid hitting the ground), he let go and fell down as the tree branch soared back up into place. "Damn that was rough..." he muttered to himself. "It's a miracle that shit worked at all, but man... I'm gonna be sore tomorrow."

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 03:36:52 AM »
After Billy did her little celebratory bougie, there was a snap from a tree fallen tree branch. Billy quickly stood up, replaced her hat on to her head, and pulled her weapon out toward the snapping sound. Fortunately for her, it was only a squirrel running past. 'But what was it running from?' she thought to herself. Remembering that she had switched her bullets for the fire dust ammo, she quickly replaced the fire ammo with the normal bullets and popped out the fire dust cartridge from her gun. Then she cautiously made her way towards where the squirrel was coming from. Gun out. Finger itching for the trigger. As she drew closer, she felt a chill in the air, and noted a large tree she was heading towards. The bark on the branches was black so if there were grim it would be a bit hard to tell apart from the branches. She did see a creature, no, a BLACK horse sized dragon. She took aim at it thinking it was a grim until she saw the same kid as before standing there.

"He yours?" She asked in her southern Vaccuo drawl, as she slowly lowered her rifle, and nodded to the dragon.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 07:31:57 AM »
Mikado continued to explore the area around the large tree. Just as he pushed a nearby bush aside, Kiro's head shot up. Mikado stopped and eyed in the direction Kiro turned. The quiet footsteps became louder with every step, and Mikdo reached to his weapon.
A black haired girl appeared behind a tree, rifle raised next to her face as she stared at the two. Mikado scrutinized the girl from head to toe. Wasn’t she the one crepping at him in the airship? Mikaod sighned inwardly.
"You already saw him on the airship, didn’t you?" he said. Kiro approached  the girl slowly, taking a look at her, without making any too sudden moves. After he was done, he returned to Mikado.
A few second went by in which non if them either spoke or moved.
'Let's just get it over with' he thought to himself as he took a step closer to the girl. "I'm Mikado. 'You already have a partner?" he than asked her. However, before she could answer, Kiro started growling. The black dragon lowered his head, unfolding his wings to the maximum size. His tail wildly whipped from one side to the other, and his complete focus was on the trees infront of him. Mikado turned away from the girl and followed Kiro's gaze. The dark wood of the tress made a good hiding spot for grim, and they were still in a forest filled with them. He shouldn’t let his gard down
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:23:31 PM by DEXES »

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 12:26:07 AM »
"No I don't want to go back to Be-" Serin once again found himself cut off as the boy jumped out the ship, quickly rushing over to the door he watched as the boy quickly dropped down and caught himself on a branch. Looking out the door he found it to be a little more intimidating then he thought and began having second thoughts about using his normal strategy.

"Maybe I should just try to catch myself on a tree or something, if I use my right arm I won't have an issue with splinters...." He thought outloud, deciding that this was his best course of action he nervous jumped out and aimed himself towards the nearest tree. Once he got close to the tree he reached out with his prosthetic arm and grabbed it tight. After descending a small amount of the way down the tree he found that he was not slowing down nearly fast enough to avoid painlessly hitting the ground. Just as he was about to extend his arm blade to try to further brake, his luck ran out and he slammed into a branch which pushed him a small distance away from the trunk. He didn't get a chance to come up with another strategy before he hit another branch, and another, and another, on his painful journey down the tree. After what felt like years Serin finally hit the ground face first, taking in a mouthful of dirt.

He laid there for a minute trying to decide if he died or not as it certainly felt like he did. With a groan, Serin flipped over and sat up checking himself for any serious injuries. Luckily by the time he started hitting branches he was going slow enough to not do any serious lasting damage outside of bruises and scraps, at this realization he breathed a sigh of relief. He noticed to his side that he had landed not too far away from the other boy who likely saw the whole botched landing.

After a couple of seconds, Serin raised his hands creating jazz hands and meekly said "Ta-da"

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 12:50:59 AM »
Jacob laughed. "Damn, at least somebody got it worse than I did!" Still chuckling, Jacob made his way over to the boy who had just fallen from the sky and extended a hand to help him. "Look on the bright side. You're alive, you've got a partner, and you've got your very own neck of the woods to explore. If you ask me, it was well worth the trouble!"

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 03:53:46 PM »
Billy nodded as she put her weapon in a more relaxed position, mainly not aimed at the boy. "I don't have a partner yet." Billy was startled by Mikado's dragon suddenly turned to the trees and becoming defensive. "Looks like we are about to become partners now." She said as she aimed her weapon at the same trees that the now horse sized dragon was growling at.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 03:11:42 AM »
A few seconds of silence went by till a black creature bursted through the tress with a lound roar.
"An Ursa!" Mikado hissed and took out his bō staff, extending the blade. 'There is only one, so we sould be able to take him out easily'
The Ursa started to run to them, but both students dodged with a simple jump or roll to the side. The Ursa turned to them, his back now facing Kiro which immediately took advantage of this situation. A jump on its back and a bite in its shoulder was all it took for the Ursa to shift his focus on Kiro. the both black creatures rolled around on the ground, until Kiro delivered an ice blow to the Ursas face. Mikado stood a few meters away from them. It probably was the best not to come to colse to them when theire fighting like this.
Another roar, together with a second Ursa appeared, most likley because it heared them fighting or felt the intensity.
With a quick gesture of the hand Mikado turned to the girl "That one's yours"
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:14:33 AM by DEXES »

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 02:07:15 AM »
Serin accepted the boy's hand and grabbed it before pulling himself up onto his feet, once he got up he checked himself over and felt relieved to see himself unharmed, even if his aura did take a beating. The worst part being his clothes were now covered in dirt and leaves which would annoy him to no end.
"Fair enough I suppose, he said in response.
" If we're going to be partners I'm going to need to know your name. Im Serin, nice to meet ya" He said before looking around, they had to find an artifact somehow and bring it back, each one presented its own challenges but one thing at a time. On the way down he didn't get the chance to scan the surrounding area so he had no clue of any interesting locations nearby, before jumping he did notice some ruins which should be nearby. The question being in what direction, with the tall trees blocking off his view of the landscape he had a tough time finding landmarks as to orientate himself.
"Ya know, we don't really have trees in Atlas. How do people know where they're going without seeing the landscape?"He said to his partner hoping he knew which way to go.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 02:33:01 AM »
"I'm Jacob. Follow me and we'll be done in no time." He smiled confidently, despite having no idea what to do next. The dense red canopy had prevented him from noticing anything particularly interesting from the air, and of course the trees blocked his vision on the ground. It was as Serin had said; there really was no way to know exactly where they should be going. Regardless, Jacob picked a direction and pointed that way. "Well, let's get on the move! There used to be some train tracks that ran in and out of caves in this forest. If we can pick up the trail, finding something interesting should be a cinch."

L-Money

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2018, 01:01:57 AM »
Billy dodged as the first Ursa attacked by ducking and rolling away from Mikado.  She was very grateful for Mikado's dragon attacking. The second Ursa joined the fight not too far from the first and had its sights set for Billy. Mikado didn't even need to tell her which one to go for, but she responded anyway with a tip of her hat.

Having previous knowledge that Ursas like to charge, Billy quickly switched her to her ice dust ammunition. She waited for just a moment for the Ursa to start to run, then quickly fired off 4 rounds into its front right side. Most of the shots hit the Ursa's arm, while the other hit it in the shoulder. The ice traveled up its bear arm, and down from it's paw to the ground. The Ursa roared in frustration as it froze to the ground.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 09:14:23 AM »
Mikado watched as the girl shot at the Urse "So, what's your name?" he asked with a calm voice. His attantion shiftet to Kiro who nudge him in the side. Mikado took a quick glance back, seeing the Ursa on the ground fading into mid air.
Ursas normaly aren't to hard to fight against. As long as they don't come across a Ground Dweller,
 or a Komodusk Alpha they should be fine.
Mikado gave Kiro a quick pet on the head befor turning his attantion to the girl again. At least she looks like she could fight, so it propably wasn't a waste of time to ask her to be his teammate. The black dragon raised his head to check the area befor sitting down next to his owner. It didn't look like the fight is going to take long, and they still had time, or at least that is what he thinks. The professor didn't told them a specific time, in which they have to return the artifact, but he guessed that they have at least time till sundown.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:16:07 AM by DEXES »