Author Topic: .  (Read 11390 times)

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2018, 08:12:21 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:49:31 PM by . »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: ‘Independent’ Study (Open | Library)
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 09:44:33 PM »
Despite his at times overwhelming arrogance it wasn't at all surprising to Calen as he quickly became outpaced by his more aerially suited competitors. Still burst speed wasn't all the gaunt boy's semblance gave him, it also gave him control. Being slightly behind the pack as most of them reached the highest point of the library Calen absorbed all his momentum upon reaching it as to not over shoot. Instead Calen managed to shoot himself back towards the ground with even having to turn around. Now with gravity as well as his semblance on his side Calen plummeted down almost instantly reaching terminal velocity the normally composed boy let out a loud 'WOOOOOOOOOO.' As such Calen crashed back to first place as everyone else moved into the second leg of the race.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2018, 03:24:18 AM »
Kiro glanced back to see Prism. With one, storng flap of his wings, he hauled himself one level higher.

Back at the entrance of the library Mikado watched the whole scenario. He knew that Kiro wouldn't win, he knew that from the start. The only reason he agreed to the race was to simply train Kiro's speed, but still, the dragon was fast and if anyone screw up, he would probably have a good chance of winning.
Taking his eyes of the race for a second he turned to Lilly "Who do you think will win?"
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »
Prism manages to follow Kiro's trick upwards, managing to just keep up by flying in the dragon's tailwind. The advantage of being the smaller flier in this situation was obvious however, and with another gust of wind to propel her up and over the dragon's body, she manages to just slip past his head in time to touch down the roof for barely a second - before turning to dive off again.

Knowing she'd need all the speed she could get to win this race - or at least come in second - Prism tucks her wings against her back as she nosedives along the wall of the library. At the very last second, they're extended again - right before she hits the ground. The momentum of the dive carries her forwards, and with another burst of wind zooming right past Amane to pulling up short behind His sudden shout sets her off giggling - and it isn't before long she's broken into a full-on belly laugh, only managing to just keep up with her semblance.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2018, 03:06:48 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:48:32 PM by . »

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 07:17:33 AM »
A large thud accompanied Calen slamming once again into Terra Firma, pain rocketing through his already weakened knees almost shook the wide smile off the gaunt boy's face. Almost. The rest of the competitors too close behind to risk slowing down for a more comfortable landing Calen risked serious injury to ensure victory but it was a gamble that paid off and now all the spoils was his, and the bragging. 'It appears wings are slightly over rated, regardless a wager is a wager and I mean to collect.' Calen remarked, even without looking at the huntsman in training it was clear he was loving every second. 'Still I wouldn't want the accusation of being a bad sport, any limits people want to put on these requests now you know you personally won't be able to collect?' Calen continued massaged his aching knees, they had taken a lot of punishment in the preceding weeks and were protesting such loudly.

'Well raced all, it must be said. Even the lady with the motorcycle managed herself soundly.' Calen finished, finally getting ahold of himself the gaunt boy reclothed himself in his suit and tightened his tie.

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2018, 11:29:55 AM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 08:45:16 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
Prism's manages to distract herself with her laughter, letting Amane pass as Prism settles into third. Flipping around midair, a sudden boost of air in the opposite direction slows her down significantly - enough so she when she lightly collides with the library's wall, it's enough she can kick off and float back to the ground. "Honestly, just try to remember we're all still students here. Most of my budget goes towards ammo and repair for my rifle so - well, basically nothing too expensive, alright?"

She finishes the sentence with a smile, alighting to the ground and taking the chance to stretch her wings out, her arms overhead. "And hey, don't knock the wings - it just so happens you're built for speed. But still Calen, not too shabby there - you put up an impressive show." Prism finishes the sentence with something of a teasing smile, and approaches the boy - offering the winner of the race a respectful handshake.

Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2018, 02:54:23 PM »
Mikado watched as everyone came to a stop. As soons as the race has ended, Kiro detransformed to his smaller form again and flew down to Mikado to rest on his hear. "So, give us your order mister winner and let us get over it" The boy said as he walked up to Calen and the others.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2018, 08:18:21 PM »
Calen waves away Amane offering. 'Thank you but no thank you, I'm going running in a few hours. The last thing I need is to make myself anymore brittle.' Calen responded almost apologetically, it wasn't true of course and was simply another example of the gaunt boys fixation on self-reliance screwing himself over. 'That's a handsome bike however, you get much opportunity to push it's speed? Can't imagine you cut loose much in the city?' Calen continued looking at the vehicle out of the side of his vision.

Calen hesitated slightly before taking Prisms hand in one of his silk gloves. 'Don't worry Mi... Prism it won't cost any of you a cent, not monetarily any way. And of course wings have their uses, in a longer race you would of had me but it seems I remain Lady Luck's favourite.' Calen remarked. Taking out his scroll Calen started humming the tune of a simple cereal jingle before starting to sing off key 'Calen is the best, Calen beat me, Calen Shrike Calen Shrike.' Pressing a few more buttons Calen turned back to the group before smiling widely. 'Your ringtones, until you beat me in something then you get to choose mine. Fair?' Calen finished

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 09:37:56 PM by . »

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »
Prism finishes shaking his hand and pats him a few times on the back, before turning to dig through her schoolbag before momentarily pulling out a notably older-model Scroll. Turning it on emits a sad dying sound a fading flash of light while Prism momentarily frowns, but smacking the little tablet against her hand gets it to finally activate, which gets a smile out of the faunus. "Not a bad choice! I can just keep this thing on vibrate for the rest of the year, and we'll be good to go." Connecting to Calen's profile as well, she stares a moment as the jingle downloads, before it begins to blare rather obnoxiously through the Scroll's speakers and Prism rapidly hurries to turn it off.

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
Mikado pulled out his scroll, which he had kept in his pocket and quickly found Calen's profil and the ringtone he had to live with from now on. His scroll was mostly muted anyway, so having a different ringtone wasn’t that much of a deal.
"You should really get a new scroll, that one is ready for the trash can" Mikado said with a skeptical look, as Prisms scroll started blaring out nauseatingly noises, befor she turned off the volume.

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »
'Kids these days and their work phones and business outside the city. It's no fun if you try to cheat your way out of these things.' Calen responded clearly playing up his melancholy but there was a needle of truth beneath it all. After drying a spot for himself with a second towel Calen settled himself down on a nearby bench as he started to stretch himself out and examine a bit closer the group arrayed in front of him. Two faunus, neither of them having the decency of to cover up their deformities and two humans; one a very good rider given the lack of screams and the other with a very visually impressive semblance. Calen could respect that, although it might be the most combat effective use of ones strength he as much as anyone understood the importance of pleasing the crowd.

'No rush to challenge the reigning champion? Oh well I'll try to take it as a compliment. So where are all you guys from anyway? I'm from south Mistral well south Anima actually.' Calen continued both talking and stretching.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »
Prism responds by covering her mouth with a yawn, stretching her wings before digging through her bag for the aforementioned chocolate-covered pretzels. Finding the bag with a successful "Ah-ha!" and nabbing out an energy drink as well, she plopped down next to Calen before popping it open nibbling on one of the confections. "I'm from southern Vale, little village a ways outside the border. Place was so small it didn't really have a name, but locals called it the Roost." She appears to be reminiscent for a couple seconds, before coming back around.