Author Topic: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]  (Read 20079 times)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 12:12:07 PM »
Razz had held his breath for the charge, ready to take some damage, and let it out in one big huff, using the inertia from his initial attack to spin himself around, now facing his opponent.

His opponent seemed to like charging a lot, and was pretty agile. So was Razz, but Razz was also a pretty decent fighter in close combat.

His opponent had taken a defensive stance, so he had the immediate advantage there. Razz's only option was to weave around that defense. Or was it?

The boy started hopping from side to side, rock to rock, blade in front of himself, yet concentrating on his footwork more than his fighting stance. Doing this strange hopping action, Razz started moving towards his opponent, right until he was just a meter away. At this point, Razz went for an apparent stab apparently trying to get past his opponent's defensive stance. In actuality, the attack was of secondary concern to him. This was a tackle, aimed at getting his opponent to fall into the muck of the swamp.

(Stab is just 5% depletion, tackle isn't aimed at doing damage on its own.)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »
Robbed of his time to plan, Martin had little time to react - in fact his reaction did nothing to better his own situation, but only maybe to give Razz a taste of the punishment as well. He lowered his sword from its blocking position and brought it down across the path of the oncoming one-man stampede, and ground his feet as tightly into the ground as possible. If he was going into the mud, so was Razz.

(5% depletion, and either both of us or neither of us ends up in the mud)

(85% aura)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

SonicCraftX

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    "The best apology is changed behaviour."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2016, 03:17:29 PM »
Cobe had been watching the whole match very carefully, he knew that he would be facing one of these two in the First Round. Both had impressive weapons and interesting battle tactics, however, he did not doubt his only abilities.

The rest of his team, sadly, didn't apply for the tournament, so he was on his own in battle. It was something he was used, he quickly lost his train of thought and went back to observing the match.
Cobe Sky - "Don't get in my way, or I'll cut you up as fast as these Grimm"
(http://rwby-rpg.rwbyfanon.com/index.php/topic,63.0.html)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 08:43:44 AM »
Razz didn't back out of his attack. The boy took his opponent's strike with a wince, and finished his tackle, sending both of them into the muck. Razz, placing his blade in front of himself for a block, hopped off, placing himself on a nearby root. He was definitely slowed down by all the mud on him.

Razz took a proper defensive stance, looking at his opponent intently, but sill smiling as before. "Sorry for getting your clothes dirty!" He called out. And he meant it.

(Aura at 87%, covered in mud.)
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 10:39:06 PM »
"We do what we have to," Martin smiled in a mix of friendliness and what can only be described as 'I'm going to get you back for that'. He immediately moved to a higher, dryer spot, assessed the situation, and came forward swinging, with the aim of driving Razz into the river behind him.

(2-part attack - aura depletion 6% if the blade hits, and off-balance and wet if the push succeeds)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 06:09:07 AM »
Razz had forgotten to account for one thing with his previous strategy. By pushing Martin into the swamp, he had made himself about as agile as he was, not more. And dodging was going to be a bi- uh, bicycle.

Razz dodged the attack in the only way he saw how. That is, falling backwards into the river himself. The boy fell into the stream with a splash, disturbing the holographic salmon considerably before managing to get himself out from the river. He was now soaking wet, but, hey, at least he was a lot cleaner now!

The boy sniffed, raising his blade once more. That was bad for him, but at least he had managed to avoid taking some damage. But in his current state, he couldn't manage a charge. Instead, he had to hold his ground. Now on the opposite side of the river from his opponent, Razz took another defensive stance. Yet he still looked like he was having fun.

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »
"I can tell you're really into this!" Martin called across the river. He continued, as his weapon shifted to polearm mode, "Glad to meet someone who can get as much out of a good fight as me!" He considered using a bit of fire Dust to dry off, but that would just cake the swamp muck in, and caked-in dirt is not fun, in the middle of a fight or in the cleanup afterwards. Instead, he followed Razz's example, diving into the river, getting wetter, but losing the extra weight - and the 'fun' cleanup job later - of the swamp-stuff, and closing the distance between the two combatants slightly. Fighting the river's flow, he climbed to the opposite bank, and used his polearm to get altitude and momentum to execute a dripping flying kick against his soggy opponent. In mid-flight, he thought to himself about how close this match had been so far, and the fun he - and clearly his opponent as well - had been having with it, and a grin crossed his face as he dropped from the apex of his flight, foot outstretched.

(2% depletion)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2016, 12:43:43 PM »
"Ditto!" The pink-clad boy exclaimed, and allowed his opponent to get out of the river, 'cause he's a nice bloke, and his opponent hadn't attacked while he himself was in the river.

Though soggy himself, when Martin went for a dropkick, Razz was pretty prepared. As his opponent brought down his foot, Razzy brought up his blade to halt the attack. His blade was wet. His opponent's foot was wet. Continuing a streak of somewhat comical attacks, Razz attempted to slide the blade out from under his foot immediately, intending to get his opponent to slip and fall. If that were to work out, he'd follow it up with a stab down.

(Slip and fall would be 2% aura depletion, stab would be 10%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 03:58:15 AM »
Martin's foot hit the blade, struggled to keep his footing, but with the weapon being pulled away, that went from 'difficult' to 'impossible'. He slipped, but managed to make an interesting landing - great for avoiding the blade, and for pumping up the crowd, but bad for pretty much everything else. His foot hit the rock, his ankle rolled slightly (more pain than actual damage, but it was sure as hall distracting), and he fell backwards onto his butt. Using the momentum - and deciding he'd have time to worry about the pain after he put some distance between himself and the opponent - Martin continued to roll backwards, placing his hands on the ground, and springing to a rocky footing a couple feet back. He pulled off his drenched shirt, both because it was weighing him down and because the ice Dust woven into the intricate patterns was constantly threatening to freeze the shirt into a clothsicle, and threw it aside. Lighter now, he circled his opponent, looking for an opening.

(83% aura)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
Razz didn't have the luxury of being able to quickly remove his clothing like that, the breastplate being a problem there. Still, he could take being wet for a bit longer, but he was definitely slowed down by that. He had to be defensive here.

Razz took a breath, and momentarily closed his eyes. As he opened them, there was a very faint glow in them. Soon after, a small show of lights started dancing around Martin's head, swirling about and making little imaginary sparks everywhere. Whether it was a mere annoyance or a full, blinding effect relied on how perceptive his opponent was.

Either way, Razz took his chance. Before the lights from his semblance dissipated, he rushed at his now-shirtless opponent, going for an upwards slash going into a potential block.

(8% depletion.)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 12:11:43 PM »
Martin shook his head, trying to dismiss the lights he thought were in his head. In doing so, he nearly didn't see Razz rushing towards him, and barely had time to raise his sword defensively. The blow glanced off the blade, but drove Martin's own weapon upwards, exposing his midsection briefly. Before Razz had the opportunity to capitalize, Martin recovered - barely - and brought his blade down in a downward answer to Razz's upward slash.

(4% depletion, because it's a clumsy slash as it's coming off a deflected attack that affected his stance)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2016, 12:23:02 PM »
Luckily for Razz, his blade was already ready to block, as he had intended. As the blades clashed, Razz continued his attack with a kick to Martin's midsection. He couldn't afford to waste any time, since his opponent had the advantage of not wearing a wet shirt. This was the type of contest where such a thing didn't help.

(4% depletion.)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 01:37:52 PM »
Not ready for the non-weaponed attacked, Martin took the full force of the kick. He fell backwards, but thinking quick, he attempted to catch Razz's leg with his own as it returned to the ground.

(0-1% depletion, this is an unbalancing attack more than anything)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 08:29:14 AM »
Razz was taken off-balance by the attack for sure, and fell backwards, managing to get back up with a roll. The fact that his clothes were wet made the entire affair a bit more uncomfortable, and his clothes had gotten a bit filthy again. But he couldn't stop his attack now.

The pink-clad boy was up on his feet once more, and, as soon as he made sure his opponent was up as well, went for another attack. Even when wet, he appeared to have a certain advantage, the advantage being the wight of his blade. His opponent seemed to do better with both hands on his weapon, while Razz had little trouble wielding Rozhe Orchideya with a single hand. As such, the boy went for an open stab, fully expecting a parry. If the blades were to cross, he intends to use his vambrace to neglect the defense and keep the stab going. It was risky, however, and one could expect for him to take some damage doing it.

(Stab is 10% depletion.)

(Aura at 86%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 03:47:21 PM »
This, to some extent, Martin was ready for. He let himself fall backwards again, tucking into a tight roll as he did. He hit his head on a rock on the way down, but luckily his aura saved him from any real damage. Upon standing up, he switched his weapon to rifle form, clicked a gravity Dust cartridge into place, and fired a shot at Razz's feet. If he didn't find something to hold onto, he'd be raised into the air, like all the little pebbles and stones around him, and dropped.

(3% depletion)

(aura at 81%, from the evasive fall)