Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Juno V Xanh [Closed]  (Read 5862 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
First Year 1v1 1st Round: Juno V Xanh [Closed]
« on: September 27, 2016, 11:33:49 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS PRELIMINARY ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON STUDENTS. IN THE FIRST CORNER, WE HAVE JUNO VERT, A MAN HIDING BEHIND A LOT OF ARMOR! IN THE OTHER CORNER, WE HAVE XANHLO KURSTEIN, AND LET ME JUST TELL YOU, YOU'D BEST PRAY THERE'S NO WATER HERE, JUNO. SPEAKING OF WHICH, ONTO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, DEREK, SHUT UP!" The crowd, though somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on River and Savannah.

A loud laugh came from the speakers. "YOU'D BEST STAY OUTTA THE WATER, KIDS, YOU MIGHT GET CRAMPS!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Juno's half was  a rushing river, seemingly flowing from outside of the arena and curving against the Savannah portion, complete with a rocky riverbank, and holographic salmon, swimming against stream into nothingness, and Xanh's half became a completely barren field save for chest high, densely packed, blades of wheat. A field with seeming no cover aside from chest high rocks along the river.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Xanh gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:40:17 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Juno V Xanh [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 05:19:27 AM »
'I can do it. If I just clench my buttcheeks and power through I can do it!'

Usually, Xanh was not really someone to hugely suffer from stage fright or stress induced anxiety. She even liked showing off a bit, and tough challenges were just all the more satisfying to beat. But considering the fact that this whole tourney was a huge deal, being watched not only by loads of excited spectators in the stadium but also by people from all over the world - how could one not get a bit of a weird feeling inside? Especially with the trial by fire, the first of her one on one fights, being right around the corner.

'Kick some ass, win, rinse and repeat. Yeah, that's it'

Supported by taking a deep breath she forced this conclusion as to the ultimate simplicity of the matter onto her mind in an effort to suppress the nervousity which had built up over the last few hours. In the background from beyond the closed arena doors Xanh could make out the muffled sound of a voice, probably doing the final announcement. It would have been hard to understand what he was saying, though, even if she had tried to do so. But right now she did not care for that, instead straightening her stance a tad. It should almost be go-time if she remembered correctly. Quietly, she let her knuckles crack as a hint of a wry smile settled on her face, awaiting the faint voice from the outside to fade.

'Yes, I can do this'.

And then light from the outside started to flood the hallway as the door in front of Xanh slowly opened. She immediately was hit by the wave of sound created by all the cheering spectators who eagerly awaited the upcoming fight. Casually she stepped into the open, her sight focused on the battlefield rather than the well filled rows of the colloseum - she did not need to be reminded even more how many were observing her every move right now, the noise already did that. Through that however she soon noticed the stream running on her opponent's side of the arena, making up a good chunk of the fighting ground. Her smile widened just a little, and what might have been feigned confidence became considerably more real. One could have said she suddenly was right in her element.

Leaving the entry behind Xanh made her first steps trough the waist high grass. Her hands moved towards the belt holding up her shorts, grabbing Nuoc and Gischt from their respective holsters, giving both a little spin before tightening her grip around the two inconspicuous sticks. About halfway through her side of the battlefield she stopped and sent a nod in the vague direction of her opponent, followed by a bit of a mocking wink. "Let's do this!"

And with that, all bets were off as almost immediately afterwards Xanh moved both her arms up and pulled them to the right. In synchronicity with this a good chunk of liquid shot up into the air from the middle of the stream. While still rising it took on a shape somewhat resembling a spearhead, its pointy end facing Juno's side as it zoomed towards his side at a considerable speed. [12 % Damage upon impact]

[Aura after Post: 100 %]

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 06:58:43 AM »
The 1v1s. A highly regarded world stage, his shot at redemption, and a nice way to show off. Juno had believed all these things about this bracket, especially seeing the progress made in the other two.

Then he strode out onto the field and heard the Announcer's chatter. His opponent used water in some way, and his side of the field was covered in it.

Fantastic.

Juno didn't come this far just to get wiped by some student he hadn't met before. So he took a deep breath and began to advance, crossing the river via the many stones imbedded into the ground peeking just above the flowing water. He had just about made it too before he saw the water begin to shift and flow into the air.

Wait, what?

Juno had barely made it onto the bank before he was cast into the river by a massive projectile made of water. Great, not even a full minute in and he was a joke. The young man let out an agitated sigh as he watched his Aura tick down on his HUD. "Of yourse, you do realize that this means war."

Juno rolled his shoulder and popped his neck as he got back up, now knee deep in running water. He needed to get this girl away from the water, and hopefully he wouldn't have to use all five available construct slots to do so. It only took him a second to slingshot out of the river with a pair of grappling darts, grimacing at his poor decision to sephase both of them. Well, that was two on the ten second cooldown.

His opponent was a lot farther from the river than he had hoped, but he knew a few ways to close the distance. As he was launched through the savannah, Juno set his legs down and drew the DMR, letting off a three bursts in the general direction of his opponent as  he skidded to a stop. He needed to close the gap, and this was one way to do it. Now all there was was to get closer.

[Aura: 88%]
[Shots each do 3 damage, fired in a three round burst]

[2 slots charging]
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 12:56:30 PM »
"War? Have you even realised where we are right now?", Xanh replied with a snicker, remarkably more confident after this pretty solid start into the match. "Come at me, buddy!"

In retropsect, she should have maybe actually done something sooner, though, seing how that guy already catapulted himself out ouf the river as she just barely was done with her tidbit of mockery. Don't get too cocky now! The muffled sound of the opponent landing on "her" side of the battlefield was her sign to better get into gear quickly.

Pulling herhead down a little so she would not stand all too tall above the high grass Xanh went into a sprint parallel to the stream, now to her right. Soon though she wanted to turn it, the ultimate goal being to get closer to that nice, juicy source of water while keeping Juno as much at bay as possible. The way that dude looked, with his - as she could only assume by its apparent abilities - exosuit she did not want to get into arms reach of him if there was any way to avoid it. It would not be that easy for her, however.

When she registered the set of loud bangs behind her, there was already barely any time left to react. Xanh scrambled to pull her head down a little, and she could hear one of the shots zoom past, while another two strafed her legs, almost causing the girl to lose her footing while in the middle of the turn. Uttering some unintelligable swears she sped up as much as was possible without just standing upright and being an even bigger target for master sharpshooterŽover there. This field did provide no cover, and in the end you cannot run outrun bullets. But if you could not see what you were shooting at...

Speeding through the savannah she managed to close a few meters of distance between her and the river, even though that cost her another hit in the back. But now she was in a halfway solid position. Using one of the small breaks inbetween the bursts of rifle Xanh stopped in her tracks and turned around. Following her motion a bit farther behind was another burst of water, speeding towards her back. As the blob of liquid was about to hit her with full force however Xanh spread her arms. The liquid abruptly dispersed, creating a myriad of little droplets forming a nebula right behind her.  Just moments later and assisted by a backflip, she disappeared in the fog. It would probably only last for a few seconds before the droplets would all have fallen to the ground. But those seconds were so important to get into a better position over by the rocks - and more importantly the rushing stream.

[Aura after post: 91 %]

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 01:47:03 PM »
[I was graciously granted this command grab by Kiith]

It didn't take a genious to know that the girl was running toward the water. Most likely for some extravagant special attack. Juno had already gotten a bitter taste of her semblance, and like hell was he going to let her repeat her first move. By the time the girl's mist screen had gone up, Juno had constructed and fired a third grappling dart in her direction. Through the mist, however, it would be difficult to tell where it went, and the only clue to if he hit would be...

The second the cord grew taught, Juno grinned.

"Get back here!" he barked as the cord began to retract, forcing him to brace against the ground to prevent him from moving toward her. The armor clad teen's smile grew as the girl passed through the smokescreen she had set up earlier, now barreling toward him thanks to his grappling line.

Of course, he needed to keep her on the Savannah end of the field. Forcing her into Melee range was well and good, but if her back was to the water, she could still run. Gladly, he had a decent remedy for that. As Xanh unwillingly barreled toward him, Juno balled his hand into a tight fist, then sidestepped the girl, whirling around to throw a merciless downward punch to her face, his construct dissipating into thin air.

[Aura 88%]

[Grab: 5%, Punch: 16% if connected]

[3 slots charging]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:55:02 PM by Rush »

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:56:56 PM »
Why did this have to happen?! She had been so close!

Giving her all she had been sprinting towards the water, her back covered by the mist. There already were the rocks of the river bank, just about 15 metres away from her grasp. Then ten metres. Then barely five.
And then, Xanh felt a pull that quite literally tugged her off her feet. So close, and yet so far.

Being dragged back into the savannah and through the already dissipating cloud of liquid she knew one thing for certain - she fucked up. As a quick look around - accompanied by her flailing her arms around as if that would help - confirmed her opponent indeed was using some sort of grappling mechanism to get her close to him. She really did not want to go up close and personal with this clown! But in the mere seconds it took to get accelerated and flung towards Juno there was barely any possibility to avoid this. In fact, the armoured silhouette came close and closer, until...Smack!

Aura or not, that hit definetely made some bells ring. And if not the hit itself, then the sheer force with which it smacked her onto the dry, hard ground. For a fraction of a second Xanh was not even so sure about her alignment in three dimensional space anymore. But having seen this coming and without any chance to dodge, she had pulled one desperate maneuver: As she had been zipping through what was left of her improvised smoke screen the droplets were still there. She could sense them settling on the grass blades or just about to be sucked up by the ground. Due to everything going so fast and her not being able to focus all too well she only had a little time window, but...

The front of droplets that was following her did not take much longer than Xanh herself to reach where Juno was standing. Pressed into the shape of small, sharp darts by the speed at which they were travelling they rushed towards her armoured opponent. She had not expected them to cause much harm but rather for the hail of tiny bolts to be a suitable distraction for her to get back on her feet and regain the initiative in what seemed to be quickly devolving into more of a desaster than she had anticipated.

But no matter what, she had to get moving again, and fast. Xanh extended the blades of her weapons as soon as her eyes confirmed that she managed to hold on to them even through that last turbulent maneuver and then, in a bold move, charged right at Juno, trying to pass right by him.As soon as the distance was small enough she would slam the blades into his kneepits, hoping to make Vert lose his balance while using the additional momentum she might gain from pushing herself off him to get back some of that valuable distance.

[4 % damage for the dart attack, but I'll leave it up to you if you want to take any at all. It really is just supposed to be an improvised distraction]
[8 % for both knee slashes combined]

[Aura after post: 70 %]

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 10:59:44 PM »
At this point, Juno was just ready to let her come at him. He hadn't seen her fight at this range, but he was confident he could take anything that she threw at him. After all, despite the early disadvantage in both setting and the attack he took, he was just knocking his opponent around.

The dart attack that struck his cheek was unexpected, but at the very least showed him that his opponent wasn't going to just lie down and let him win. It wouldn't be interesting that way anyway.

As the girl rushed him, Juno's hand flew to his hip, the hilt of his broadsword materializing in his hand. Xanh's attempted strike to his leg was quickly intercepted by the glowing green blade of the broadsword, its wielder flashing a cocky smile as he let the sword deconstruct, dropped into a sweep kick, then followed up with a rising knee that would hopefully connect with her jaw.

[Aura: 84%]

[Sweep kick: 5% if connected, Knee: 10% if connected]

[4 slots charging]

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 01:47:45 PM »
"What?!", was the first and pretty much only reaction Xanh could utter during the small pause that was caused by her attack being blocked with a weapon literlly coming out of thin air. She stood there, trying to press against a blade that for all she knew should not be there in the first place. But no dice. With what little initiative she had left put into this failed blow she just stood there in perplexity, watching the glowing sword vanish back into nothingness.
This fucker could literally make whatever he wanted, or so it seemed. And she in turn seemed to be in deep trouble now.

Soon the moment of pause and confusion was over, and everyone was thrown right back into the action with Juno just knocking Xanh off her feet, causing her to start falling over only to be abruptly stopped by an armoured knee being rammed into her face. The force of the kick knocked her head up and caused her to tumble backward a little. Through the dull pain caused by the impact she managed to regain her stance somewhat, though, soon followed by a quick sidestep. She did not want to catch another one of these nasty hits after all.

Hastily looking around, she was just confirmed in what her opponent had been trying to do. She could see the river, still flowing in the distance. But she could not feel it anymore. She coud not sense the motion of the uncountable amount of little molecules, moving along and pushing against each other. Only a few of the droplets she had brought with her were left, quickly sucked up by the high grass. He had tried to trap her back here, and it had worked. This little bastard.

Xanh could not run - of that much she was sure - and she could obviously not take on her opponent in a close range brawl, her chin still hurting attested well to that. But she still had a trick up her sleeve. "So you wanna pull shit out of your ass? That's a game two of us can play...", she muttered and quickly retracted her Kama's blades, beginning to stroke over her arms a few times. With every move, little drops of water seemed to by her exposed skin, slowly accumulating around her hands. By the time she was done both of them were covered in a layer of liquid, its surface disturbed by random movement, the blobs of water drained from her own her own body's reserve just vaguely kept in shape.
Sure, this was not the most healthy thing to do and would probably lead to a real hell of a time after the fight, when she would have to compensate for this again. But pushed into a corner like this against such a foe, there was not really anything else she could think of to do. Especially with the alternative being to get absolutely stomped by this joke. No, that was not going to happen.

From one second to the next she made another backflip, covering some ground as she lept over the high grass, and as she did so the blobs around her hand began to stretch and thin out. As Xanh's feet touched the ground again the thin strings that had formed had a length of three, maybe four metres. In preparation to strike she lifted her arms, and then quickly began to again and again slash at the enemy, using the watery extensions of her arms as if they were whips, agitatedly yelling: "Now! It's! On!"

[3 % for every whiplash going on target, with eight being dished out in quick succession before she tries to relocate]

[Aura after post: 55 %]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 03:33:46 PM by Kiith »

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »
To be frank, Juno's first mistake was simply standing by and watching as the girl accumulated more water, and from her own skin no less. Until now, this girl had given him no reason to see her as a challenge, especially now that she was away from the river. He would let her come at him, and he would push her back, as he had done already in this fight.

As it turned out, this was a very unwise decision.

The first strike caught him off guard, with the second reminding him of her range. He had foolishly forgotten to factor that in, and setting up any of his constructs with his last slot would leave him open. So he took the hits, dropping in a more defensive stance to protect his face until he felt a short break in her attack after her 6th hit. Juno was quick to deploy his tower shield, positioning it in front of him in order to block the last two hits.

Once the attacks stopped coming, Juno quickly drew the DMR and fired two bursts in her direction. Whatever he did, he had to keep her away from his side of the field. Hopefully, he could get back into close range and deal with things there, but given the stunt she had just pulled, it was unlikely. A quick check on his HUD showed that two of the slots that were charging were now on standby. At the very least, he had more tools available to keep the fight in his court.

[Aura: 66%]

[3% per individual shot, 3 shots per burst]

[2 slots charging]

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 07:09:06 PM »
While still whipping away at Juno Xanh had already seen it coming that her foe would not let himself be beat into submission just like this. The guy in his armour just seemed too heavy to lose his balance to hits like this, and the attack itself was just constantly trying to chew at his aura protection in little bits, not delivering one strong knockout blow. Also, with a bit of concern, she took notice of his ability to turn his massive shoulder plate into a shield - sure, why not? It was not like the guy had not enough protection yet.

Shortly after Juno brought the shield up it became clear that at least from this angle her strikes had lost their weight. Following a deep breath, the water strings quickly retracted to their source, and Xanh herself began speeding through the savannah, trying to outflank the opponnent. And it seemed as if she had started moving just in time, at least judging by the spot of charred grass that was created right behind her in the wake of another salvo of rifle shots hitting were she just stood.

Great, this again. She could not get far enough away to get back into an advantageous position by the stream without the guy just sniping away at her at heart's content, and attempting to outmaneuver him in close proximity...well, that was not really an option either. Not with all the shit he was able to pull. So the situation evolved into her zooming through the field, trying to stay close enough for him to have problems tracking her with the bulky marksman weapon while remaining out of arms reach. To say that this worked a little less well than it could have would possibly still have been a little understatement. While managing to dodge a few shots by sticking relatively close and doing unexpected turns and speed changes, she managed to avoid some shots. Others however were solid hits, and she could feel the unpleasant heat dissipating around her aura every time she caught one. But at this point it was the best she could do.

As Xanh managed to cover some distance zipping around the armoured marksman, she saw an opportunity open up as, for a few moments, she managed to get a view on Juno's side instead of him facing her directly. After taking a short look at her hands, still covered in water - of which she was highly careful not to lose any, seeing how it seemed to be the only thing she had going for her right now - she once more let the blobs take the shape of long strings. Jumping into the air whilst running, she went for a slash at her opponents exposed back with one of them and at his face with the other one. Not taking into account whether or not both these single attacks hit Xanh spun around 360 degrees in mid air, attempting to gain a little more momentum before coming around again and using both strings for a combined strike against Juno's side. Not even trying to see if she actually did anything to the guy she hit the ground again, doing a bit of a roll to soften the impact as well as in an attempt to dodge any responses.

[5 % for each of the single slashes hitting]
[12 % if the combined strike connects]

[Aura after post: 46 %]

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »
[Was permissed another grab]

Juno hadn't anticipated for the girl to get around him that fast, and could only raise an arm in retaliation to attempt to intercept the incoming strike. Had this been anything but a tournament setting, he would have been fine, but this fight was measured by Aura. And that hit had shaved off a notable chunk of his. Not to mention that it stung like a bitch. However, her roll did not go unnoticed, and Juno was quick to face her.

"I'll admit. You got me there. Props to you." He stated, rolling his recently struck shoulder and arm back. A quick glance at the upper left of his HUD showed him that two of his charging slots had finished not long ago, and that a third was on its way. Perfect.

A simple raise of the arm in the girl's direction was all it took to fire a grappling dart, tethering her by the midsection and drawing her in as he balled his hand into a fist once more, readying himself for the second she got in range. A sly grin on his face, Juno allowed the line to dissipate once she was close enough, throwing a merciless hook to the girl's stomach.

[Aura: 54%]

[Grab Yank: 5%, Punch: 15% if connected]

[3 slots charging]

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »
[The following autohit was graciously granted to me by Rush.]

It it had of course been only a matter of time until that guy tried to pull his funny tricks again. Xanh came to that rather disappointing conclusion as once again she could feel the strong pull caused by the grappling mechanism  rapidly being retracted. This time there was even less time to do something, as there were merely a few metres distance between the two contestants, and this distance quickly grew smaller.

Lacking any time or margin to think of and employ evasive maneuvers she curtly decided to just go for it. Pulling at the tether als long as it still existed she bent back, leaning into the motion feet first. As the glowing line that was pulling her in dissolved Xanh held her arms behind her back and let the remaining liquid around her hands violently shoot away, giving her even more of a boost as it dispersed into a faint trail of droplets. Not long after, most of her body passed barely below Juno's arm right as he proceeded to throw his hook. Anticipating the probably pretty tough impact, she pressed her eyes shut. If working out as planned her foot would make contact with her opponents armourded chest just as his fist violenltly smacked against her jaw. This was probably one of her last shots at turning it around. It better worked out.

What happened next went all by very quickly. Juno's fist struck her face, abruptly making her head swing to the side and her grimace in pain. But at this point it was all secondary, for she could also sense the sole of her foot slam against the guy's chest plate with full force. His upper body pushed back by the applied momentum his body fell backwards and off his feet as if a lever was being pulled, with Xanh's legs being the hand that swiftly forced it downward. In short succession, the noises of to bodies hitting the ground filled out the arena.
And then, for a moment, there was silence.

Slowly, Xanh found her way back onto her feet and off the floor. Still squinting in pain and rubbing her chin with one hand, she looked around. But...she was the only one standing upright? At least she could not spot the bulky silhouette of her opponent, usually towering well above the high grass. And since there was nowhere to really hide, she could only assume one thing.
As it dawned upon her the hand on her chin slowly was lowered, and a triumphant grin began to sneak its way onto her face.

"I...I did it!"

[18 % for the full speed kick upon successful hit]

[Aura after post: 26 %]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:29:39 AM by Kiith »

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 01:27:09 PM »
[Auto has been granted by Kiith]

Juno felt the wind get knocked out of his lungs before he felt any pain, the sheer force and speed of the attack knocking the armored teen flat on his back. Yeah, Aura or not, that stung. Taking a moment to get a grip on where he was, Juno glanced up at his HUD, noticing that his Aura hadn't dropped past 15%, despite them both being in the red. His opponent had celebrated too early.

The armored leader of VCVS took his time in getting up and checking his surroundings, noting that she had her back turned. If he had any chance of ending this fight, it was now. His eyes on his target, Juno broke into a sprint toward Xanh before dropping into a slide and planting both of his feet on the small of her back. With his positioning in check, he then coiled up before launching his opponent into the air... And toward the river.

Oh, shit. was all that went through Juno's head as he got to his feet and ran after the flying teen. He needed to beat her down before she could recover and use her semblance. Timing was key, as was positioning, momentum...

Fuck it. He was going to knock her into the river.

Juno took but a moment to coil up, focusing his aura to his legs before sailing through the air. He had put a bit too much force behind the jump, however, which lead to him finding himself sailing above her, rather than next to her. However, they were both above the river now.

He could use this.

Shifting his weight into a forward roll, Juno extended a leg as he pulled out of the maneuver, then offered a simple wink before swinging his leg down into an axe kick aimed for her gut, attempting to drive her down into the water.

[Aura: 36%]

[Sliding launch (Auto): 10%, Axe Kick Spike: 16% if connected]

[1 slot charging]

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 02:40:02 PM »
In triumph Xanh's view had finally risen from the battlefield and up towards the crowd. She took a deep breath, disturbed by a quiet cough, to clear her mind from the adrenaline that had made her focus on nothing but the fight up until now. She was expecting to hear cheers and applause coming down from the rows of the stadium. But...there was none? Just an awkward silence, occasionally interrupted by surprised gasps and faint muttering as the spectators were staring at her. 'What the hell is going on...?', was the question which almost immediately came to mind as the grin slowly faded from her face.

The moment it made click in Xanh's mind it was already way too late to do anything about what was going to happen next. Realising that something was up - and that something being a certain green haired bastard - she hastily swung her head around to look behind her, but all that really gave her was a good look at the pair of feet that was about to smack right into her backside.

Next thing she knew she found herself getting flung into the air as if she was nothing but a toy. Letting out a scream of genuine surprise she sailed towards the opposite site of the battlefield, several metres above the ground. And it looked as if her opponent just could not get enough, but had to add insult to injury.

Right before Juno placed his kick, there was this short moment. This moment which he used for a final bit of mockery. This moment during which she realised, and dryly retorted: "Fuck you", before being dunked right into the stream. Only now was it really over. And it had not ended in her favour.

[Aura after post: 0 %]