Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Tenne V Ismael[Limited: 2/8]  (Read 18476 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
First Year 1v1 1st Round: Tenne V Ismael[Limited: 2/8]
« on: October 03, 2016, 03:37:34 PM »
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events is kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS PRELIMINARY ROUND, WE HAVE TWO BEACON STUDENTS, AND CAN I JUST SAY- THIS CITY IS GORGEOUS, BUT YOU COULD REALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT OVERPOPULATION ISSUE.... WHAT!? NO, NOT GENOCIDE, OH MY GOD! A-ANYWAY, IN ONE CORNER, WE HAVE ISMAEL SKHAOS. FIRST YEAR STUDENT, SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD, AND SURVIVOR OF A PRELIMINARY MATCH! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT, FOLKS? SO YOUNG, YET CAPABLE OF SO MUCH DESTRUCTION! IN THE OTHER CORNER WE HAVE THE FIRST YEAR STUDENT, TENNE BYZANT! A NINETEEN YEAR OLD FIRST YEAR STUDENT OF BEACON! BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S SEE WHAT THEY'LL BE FIGHTING IN. TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, SHUT UP!" The crowd, thou somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Lava and Dust Field.

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Ismael's half became a cracked rocky floor with the hot glow of flowing magma shining from just below the cracks, and Kushii's half become a rocky mess. boulders littered the grounds, and within the floor and rocks, an immense amount of dust crystals stuck out into the air.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Tenne gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

The Fox Without

• View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Tenne V Ismael[Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 08:29:25 PM »
Tenne popped her neck as the field around her changed, large outcroppings of dust appearing here and there, keeping her eyes on her opponent. He was pretty fucking weird, had what looked like a damn arsenal of weapons with him, as well as that damn mask. Kid probably had some fucking vigilante kick or something going on. Gears whirred as her winches gave some slack, a length of chain ending in a cruel hook  unfurled from each of her arms, swinging them about in slow circles as she kept her eye on him, her tail standing up stock still as she kept her attention honed. Deciding to at least test his reflexes, she quickly whipped a chain at a nearby small out cropping of fire dust crystals, the hook biting in as she smiled, a quick jerk of her wrist breaking a moderate sized piece off before sending the chain rocketing his direction, the rock coming free from her weapon as it sailed through the air towards Ismael
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:32:40 AM by The Fox Without »
Fortuna Altin-First year student: The Wannabe Princess of Team FIRE

Fluores Verdelia -First Year Tinkerer of Team MRSF

Tenne Byzant- First Year Recovering Thug of Team CBLT

Rima Tempest - First Year Snow Bitch of Team TBA
#55C8DA

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 08:43:57 PM »
Camelia screamed as loud as she could from the stands. "CHOKE THE WEIRDO, TENNE!"

Somewhat farther away, another person screamed their lungs off. "KICK THE BUFF LADY INTO OBLIVION, IZZY!"
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »
As Ismael walks into the battlefield, and he was a little upset that he got magma. He tried to tale in his surroundings and then was instant interrupted as he spots a large piece of a fire crystal straight at him. Ismael started to run forward to dodge the chunk then pulled his rifle over his shoulder and fired a single shot at a chunk of dust near Tenne and hoped it was an explosive bullet. Then the moment it hit the round ricocheted and went straight past Tenne, and buries itself into the ground. Ismael sighs a little then goes to throw his rifle, his scythe, and his larger sword to the ground, he goes to charge Tenne with his Katana ready to parry oncoming attacks.
Ismael Skhaos
The Weird Armory of team INKK (Active)

Cherry Rockwell
The lightning Ace of Team ---- (Not in use for now)

Carmine Rodwell - #960018
The Lone Tiger (Not in use for now)

Farco Lione
The Prince of team ---- (Not in use for now)

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 12:36:31 AM »
A small eruption of flame comes from behind Ismael as the Dust crystal whipped past his ducking form, the force of the fireball sending shrapnel of rock and magma flying through the air. Tenne dropped into a more prepared fighting stance as the boy neared, whipping a chain in a swinging arc from his left side at his torso, hoping to get a hook in if she could. If not she'd settle for wrapping his sword up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 05:42:26 PM by The Fox Without »

#55C8DA

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:33:24 AM »
Normal whips are not designed for hooking on things, but a chain whip is. That's awesome and somewhat practical at the same time.
Apparently most of Beacon are rooting for Ismael, Catalina included.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
Ismael saw the hook coming and drew his sword up and having it get wrapped up instead of himself, once the sword was yanked from his hands he moved his left hand over to his gauntlet on his forearm, then popped out his knife from it and charged a lightning bolt in his hand then fused it with his knife extending the blade out with lightning. Once he finally closed the gap he slashed once with his knife(3% aura damage) then kicked at Tenne towards the torso and activating his boots to send her flying(5% aura damage). His aura swarms around him, as it fills his eyes and jumps off of him like electricity.

(100% aura)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 09:39:12 PM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 09:47:14 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
I do not condone Johnny Boy's drug use.

Cheri hopped up and down, cheering for Izzy as loud as she could along with his other friends. Beside her sat Wild Bill, his hat pulled down low over his eyes, looking every bit as if he were asleep. In actuality, while it was true that he could care less about the fight going on in front of him, he was paying very close attention to what Dutch and Johnny Boy were telling one another as they patrolled the hallways and seating. Right now they were bickering about the merits of cotton candy. Just perfect.

"I tell you, Sir, it is nothing more than an early case of diabetes on a stick. A confection so foul it should be banned!"

"Dude, you can shut your stuck-up face, it's delicious even if it does give you cottonmouth worse than some kush!"

"You and that devilish plant again! Why can you not simply smoke tobacco from a pipe like a civilized human being!?"

"Because it doesn't get me high enough to put up with you!"

Hell. This was gonna be a damnable long day. At least Miz Chanson hadn't made him hold up that damn flag, and he'd been able to wedge "Izzy's" banner in the cupholder.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 10:59:10 AM »
Next to both Cheri and Nathan, Mauve was whooping and cheering with the rest of them, calling out words of encouragement to her teammate fighting down below with some buff chick. Just in case Nathan wound up fighting her, Mauve kept an eye on her, trying to see what information she could gain. She was so glad that Ismael had defeated the heir of Utsu armaments in the preliminary. Kushii didn't deserve to advance, both combat-wise and personality-wise. I don't remember the last time I ever saw chains being used like that...

Somewhere else, next to her busty leader stood Bianca, watching the match as well, a lazy smirk on her face as she twirled a set square on her index finger. "Cammie, Cammie, Cammie, a little violent there are ya? Calm your tits, figuratively and literally. Did you wear a padded bra today, or did you just go without one because I swear your girls are getting larger. Either that or you're pregnant, which definitely isn't an option because really, you getting knocked up by someone is the last thing that I would expect. Mostly because you have no life. And who could stand you, I mean you're so...so..." The smirk widened. "Absolutely lovely, of course..."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 11:25:57 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 02:33:57 PM »
Camelia stopped focusing on the match and, with an excruciatingly slow speed and a thoroughly blank look on her face, turned to Bianca. In a tone that could have frozen the lava field in the center of the arena, she said "I'll have you know, Bii, that I'm wearing my sports bra, as per usual. And being jealous is no reason to start insulting me." An idea suddenly popped into her mind, and the reaction it could potentially garner was too good to let it slip by. Popping a bright smile, she added "Besides, if you're that into them, I'll let you cop a feel later." She didn't know how that would work out, but she was definitely - well, 90% - certain that it would screw with her mind, big time.

Meanwhile, Nathan kept his eyes focused on the fight, studying both of his opponents - he'd been unable to spar with Izzy without the thing turning weird. Not really thinking, he passed his left arm around Mauve's shoulders and gathered her closer to him.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 06:22:56 PM »
Tenne celebrated internally as she saw the sword go, giving a quick yank to send the blade away from easy reach of her opponent, landing off in the distance of the arena. Her eyes focused back on him as he neared, eyes widening as he approached quickly, another damn weapon in his hands. She responded in kind, charging him as she quickly wrapped her left hand in her chains, forming an improvised set of brass knuckles. In a move reminiscent of a boxing style, she stepped into his attack rather than retreat, raising her right hand to block the inside of the boys attacking arm, the blade stopping inches from her, elctricity popping and snapping at her skin from the blades extension. As she did, the loose chains on that arm wrapped around his own, the hook finding purchase on the boys limb. Her eyes widened as a quick follow up kick caught the side of her stomach, sending her skidding back as her legs stubbornly skidded through the dirt. Using the momentum to her advantage, she dragged the boy along on her chains, a hissing sound announcing as the chain on her left hand was coated in a layer of fire dust. A quick left punch was aimed at Ismael, the dust enhanced attack sure to lead to explosive effects (9 aura damage).

(Aura: 97%)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:05:02 PM by The Fox Without »

#55C8DA

Th3King0fChaos

• Personal Text
    The Official Harem King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 07:12:29 PM »
As Ismael's assault was reversed and now he had to go defensive he threw his knife at his gauntlet which attracted it right in and laid in place as the lightning now enhanced his gauntlet with the lightning, he then lowered himself as he was pulled forward to duck under the punch and retaliated with an uppercut with his gauntlet to send her flying up with the kinetic dust(8% aura damage) then, if successful, he will keep hold of the chain on his arm and use it to slam her straight back down onto a large red crystal of dust (5% aura damage for the slam, then 10% aura damage if the crystal exlpodes).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:33:44 AM by Th3King0fChaos »
Ismael Skhaos

Cherry Rockwell

Farco Lione

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »
Cheri leaned over to Mauve, laughing as she did. "She thinks she's going to disarm him, that's cute! I bet Izzy can just grow new weapons when he needs them, at least the way he keeps getting new ones it sure seems like it." Giving the shorter girl a wink, she added, "And by the way, somebody ought to teach that ogress how to use a chain. You'd make her look like a drunk ox! SPANK HER IZZY!"

"Well excuse me if I am too cultured for someone of your jejune mentality, Mr. Encore!"

"Get bent!"

"You first, my prosimian friend!"

"I don't know what the hell that means, but not cool, dude!"

"My point exactly. Game, set, match! Winner: Dutch!"

Doc slowly became ever more tempted to fall back into alcoholism. Sheeeee-yit.

A few rows back from Ismael's friends, a sorry looking man in a beaten, grimy gray hoodie sat with the hood up over his face, leaning forward as if wearied by the sun. His glazed eyes watched the match with total disinterest, the light only returning to them when they flicked over the two young faunus in front of him. Yes...

A moment later, he stood to go and was gone, his presence no more than a brief, uncomfortable memory.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 05:52:56 AM »
Bianca was a little shocked at Camelia's response, she would admit that. But this wasn't her first rodeo either. Covering up the surprise with a lazy smile, she said, "Well well well, isn't our dear Sugarti-I mean... Cammie being so bold? Now I'd love to, but I don't exactly swing that way Cams. If ya wanna donate though, I would be fine with that."

As Nathan passed an arm around her shoulders, Mauve gave him a quick peck on the cheek before turning to face Cheri. "Either that or he pulls them out from some sort of hammerspace. I do wonder how he does it sometimes, really!" Returning the wink with a raise of her eyebrow, Mauve continued, "Our styles do differ quite wildly... For some reason, if I had to take a gander, I wouldn't think she'd appreciate it all too much."
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 06:08:29 AM »
Camelia turned back to the match, a smile still on her face. "Ehh. Trying to get you startled was worth it, and it kinda worked, too. I'll pass on the donation, though. I don't even know your blood type!"

Nathan listened to his neighbours discuss the match while he continued to watch it, smiling at the peck he received from his girlfriend. "Pretty sure he couldn't materialize a full weapon, or at least not for a long time. He mostly just augments the ones he has. And the amazon just doesn't have your style. Yours is mostly about agility while hers relies more on brute force and is mainly used in a supporting role." He paused briefly before realizing what he'd just said. "That'd be my guess, anyway."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"