Author Topic: Airgid Vidro  (Read 2033 times)

Sank180

• Personal Text
    Nobody move... I drop me brain
    • View Profile
Airgid Vidro
« on: June 08, 2017, 03:02:55 PM »
CHARACTER

Name:
Airgid Vidro

Species and Gender:
Human Female

Symbol:
A shield made of shattered glass

4th Year at Beacon

Appearance:
Rather pale skinned and a bit skinny due to how she lived until now, Airgid is 5'3" tall and weighs 125lbs. She has long white hair and amethyst eyes. She is rather pretty but doesn't dress to look good. Mostly wearing a loose white blouse and a small black vest with a pair of jeans Airgid tries to just be comfortable. She often has silver headphones on. She also is always eating a lollipop that is some of her medication so it isn't obvious. She also wears a necklace of beads and a ring of gold with amethysts and a blue gem.

History:
Airgid was born with severe combined immunodeficiency so she is almost without an immune system. Her parents tried to get her a bone marrow transplant, the best way to heal this, however Airgid reacted badly to the transplant and thankfully no lasting damage was done but they knew that wouldn’t work. Her parents decided for her safety she would stay in an isolated set of rooms at a hospital in quarantine so that she wouldn’t get sick and she would be kept safe there. They would visit as often as they could and there would be doctors and nurses always in the area. This is how Airgid grew up until she was 9. Home schooled there by a private tutor and she spent most of her free time reading and learning about the world. One day she saw a boy in the area around her isolation block from the large glass wall she had to see people and communicate. He walked by everyday and always was smiling and helping others. Eventually she called for him and they started talking. His name was Frelsari and was helping at the hospital to become a doctor. He wanted to try and save everyone. The two hit it off instantly and became good friends. They would talk for hours everyday whenever Frelsari had time. He told her all about the real world and they were near inseparable. This lasted for three years. The day before their 3rd anniversary of being friends Frelsari told her he had a gift for her that he would bring tomorrow. However he didn’t come back. After two days Airgid started asking everyone she could until after asking one nurse the nurse suddenly looked sad, “Oh you didn’t hear… He died, there was a violent White Fang demonstration and he rushed in to save the injured. He died during the commotion. Im sorry.” After this Airgid went into her room and stayed there for days. After three days she came out and asked her parents if there was any way for her to go out into the world. They said yes but why that would be dangerous and she would no matter what live a shorter life and need to be on huge amounts of medication. Airgid told them she wanted to become a Huntress so she could carry on Frelsari’s dream of saving people in her way. She would go to Haven and study there. Her parents reluctantly agreed but would only let her go out into the world a year before school started hoping she change her mind by then. For the next five years she studied fighting as much as she could and got her semblance unlocked and learned to control it. She studied hard and prepared herself for the real world. After those five long years she was ready to see the real sky and breath real air at least. After being told exactly what drugs she needed and when and the risks she took her first free step. The rest of the year was a blur learning about the world and training. When it came to the Haven tests to get in she nailed the academics due to how much she had learned in her room. Her combat scores were lower than most though and she barely made it in with one of the lowest possible scores. The next three years were spent with her team learning to fight and work together until towards the end of her 3rd year her team leader was found to be working as a spy for the White Fang and expelled. After this Airgid’s team dissolved and due to some personal issues Airgid transferred schools to complete her training at Beacon and to prepare to become a full fledged huntress.

Personality:

Aura and Semblance:
Aura is amethyst
Semblance is that she can summon mirrors that when something enters one it exits another. She can summon 3 large mirrors with an area of 6ft and 5 small ones with areas of 2-3 feet. She uses these to protect herself and attack back while attacking from different directions. The mirrors can be destroyed when attacked from angles other that the mirror side and she can only have them up for around 10 minutes at a time before needing to rest. She can summon any number but not more than the max.

Combat Behavior: 
Airgid fights by using her mirrors to block as many attacks and redirect them as she can while attacking from many angles with her guns, she is relatively fragile so she relies on using her mirrors as shields and keeping some distance. She relies heavily on her team mates who she tries to help by giving them information and will do her best to protect anyone around the fight with the mirrors as well. Fast foes are difficult to block with her mirrors as well as very large attacks that won't fit in a mirror. For these enemies Airgid will focus on predicting attacks and trying to keep them off balance by shooting from as many angles as she can with her mirrors and try to be more aggressive. Normally she relies heavily on beating the enemy with their own attacks and is defensive.

WEAPON

Name:
Xustiza

Primary Form:
30 round clip sub machine gun, is small and able to be wielded one handed. It is black with purple writing in an ancient script saying The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living

Dust Functions:
Lighting bullets for a shock, 1 clip
Fire bullets for igniting, 2 clips
Frost bullets for freezing, 2 clips

History:
She trained first to unlock her semblance then designed a weapon to use with her semblance so she can attack shooting through the mirrors and shoot from many angles at once
Spoiler: ShowHide
Character’s full name: Airgid Vidro
Reason or meaning of name: Silver Glass
Character’s nickname:
Reason for nickname:
Birth date: 3rd Akashi 24 years ago

Physical appearance
How old does he/she appear: mid to low twenties
Weight: 125lbs
Height: 5’3”
Body build: A bit on the skinny side but mostly normal
Shape of face: a little narrow
Eye color: Amethyst
Glasses or contacts: None
Skin tone: Pale
Distinguishing marks: none
Predominant features: none
Hair color: White
Type of hair: straight
Hairstyle: long with only a little layering
Voice: a bit high and soft mostly
Overall attractiveness: most people would say she actually is rather pretty and cute
Physical disabilities: SCID
Usual fashion of dress: White short sleeve shirt and a black vest with jeans
Favorite outfit: when she feels like getting dressed it is a long semi loose dress in a deep blue color with roses
Jewelry or accessories: normally has a pair of silver headphones and a necklace of beads on and a ring of gold with amethysts and a blue gem

Personality
Good personality traits:
Bad personality traits:
Mood character is most often in: relaxed jamming out to music kind of mood
Sense of humor: witty
Character’s greatest joy in life: helping others and seeing beautiful things in the world
Character’s greatest fear: dying without doing enough
Why? Because she knows she has less time and feels she needs to carry on for Frelsari
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil? Getting sick at all is almost death
Character is most at ease when: relaxing with a few friends reading or resting in the grass
Most ill at ease when: too many people like party
Enraged when: people speak badly of doctors or when they say the white fang might be doing the right thing
Depressed or sad when: people talk about futures with family or growing old
Priorities: getting strong and being able to save others
Life philosophy: save as many as you can to be remembered
If granted one wish, it would be: bring Frelsari back or be healed
Why? She loved him and hates her weakness
Character’s soft spot: people who are sick
Is this soft spot obvious to others? yes
Greatest strength: her intelligence and drive
Greatest vulnerability or weakness: immune system and she isnt physically strong
Biggest regret: not having told Frelsari that she loves him
Minor regret: not working harder in Mistral to keep her team together
Biggest accomplishment: living outside the hospital
Minor accomplishment: has taken on a good number of grim solo
Past failures he/she would be embarrassed to have people know about: the time she fainted in the middle of a fight due to her being too tired and weak in her 1st year
Why? She was so weak she fainted
Character’s darkest secret: well she hasnt killed someone yet and is a pretty good person i dont think she has one
Does anyone else know? n/a

Goals
Drives and motivations: wants to save as many people as she can before she dies
Immediate goals: graduate with a good grade and get a good team of huntsmen together
Long term goals: live a life that people will remember and that Frelsari would be proud of
How the character plans to accomplish these goals: work hard in school and then try to save as many as she can and work hard as a huntsmen
How other characters will be affected: hopefully save people stop bad guys and be a hero

Past
Hometown: Mistral
Type of childhood: uber sheltered but lots of learning
Pets: none
First memory: doctors coming in to help her with something
Most important childhood memory: either when she was told exaclty what her sickness meant or losing Frelsari
Why: one told her how her life would go the other destroyed her life
Childhood hero:
Dream job: huntsmen saving lives
Education: home schooled and very well learned and then 3 years of huntsmen academy
Religion: none
Finances: well financed by parents

Present
Current location: Beacon Academy
Currently living with: Roommates on campus
Pets: none
Religion: none
Finances: parents still got lots

Family
Mother: Aselia Vidro
Relationship with her: not super close due to living in the hospital for most of her life, supportive mom who is there and worries about here
Father: Noire Vidro
Relationship with him: closer than with mom due to him coming by more often when off work because he was closer and works less. He worries but supports her and know that nothing will stop her
Siblings: a brother and sister Aiyi and Alice
Relationship with them: very far apart the siblings mostly know her as older sibling who is never seen both are very young
Spouse: none
Relationship with him/her: n/a
Children: none
Relationship with them: n/a
Other important family members: none

Favorites
Color: Blue
Least favorite color: doesnt have one grew up surrounded by white
Music: pop and dubstep style
Food: pasta god she will kill for good pasta
Literature: loves love stories and newer fiction or hero stories
Form of entertainment: likes tv or reading
Expressions:
Mode of transportation: walks or public
Most prized possession: a beautiful ring from Frelsari who saw the amethysts and thought of her eyes, was to be a gift the day he died

Habits
Hobbies: reading, learning, laying the grass, practicing her fighting, cooking
Plays a musical instrument? Can sing pretty well but never really learned one
Plays a sport? Nope unless killing grim counts
How he/she would spend a rainy day: laying on the couch reading and talking to her team mates
Spending habits: doesnt buy much if she can help it but loves window shopping for cloths
Smokes: no
Drinks: cant
Other drugs: only the huge number she needs for her immune system
What does he/she do too much of? Learning studying and reading
What does he/she do too little of? Really living her friends always tell her she needs to go have more fun
Extremely skilled at: stategy and predicting where attacks come from, most academic things other than math
Extremely unskilled at: math always needs a calculator and running
Nervous tics: starts brushing her hair behind her ears way too often
Usual body posture: relaxed against a wall if she can
Mannerisms: polite reserved and calm
Peculiarities: always has a loli pop and a band aid on her left arm

Traits
Optimist or pessimist? Middle ground glass if half full but not overly
Introvert or extrovert? introvert
Daredevil or cautious? Cautious got too little time to waste getting hurt
Logical or emotional? Logical more but not too
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat? Neat freak often
Prefers working or relaxing? work
Confident or unsure of himself/herself? Sure she will do what she tries but scared of how much time she has
Animal lover? Likes them but dont come near her due to immune but they are cute

Self-perception
How he/she feels about himself/herself: she thinks she is too weak
One word the character would use to describe self: hero
One paragraph description of how the character would describe self: i am weak but i will save as many people as i can. I am a smart skilled fighter who will be know as saving as many even though i will die young. I am scared of how long i have left.
What does the character consider his/her best personality trait? Her determination
What does the character consider his/her worst personality trait? How little time she has left and how scared she is of it
What does the character consider his/her best physical characteristic? Loves her hair and eye color
What does the character consider his/her worst physical characteristic? Not that sexy or pretty
How does the character think others perceive him/her: weak skinny girl who is trying too hard and wont get there
What would the character most like to change about himself/herself: stop being scared of death

Relationships with others
Opinion of other people in general: they are lucky and dont know it but also they are precious and need to be protected
Does the character hide his/her true opinions and emotions from others? Yes hides her view of people and her fear
Person character most hates: those who are out to hurt others like white fang
Best friend(s): team probably
Love interest(s): none
Person character goes to for advice: dad or teachers
Person character feels responsible for or takes care of: everyone weaker than her and anyone she can
Person character feels shy or awkward around: lots of people like a party
Person character openly admires: huntsmen and doctors people who save lives
Person character secretly admires: people doing amazing things even if they have a disability
Most important person in character’s life before story starts: Frelsari or her dad
After story starts: her dad and team

Yona Bron: First year shadow caster

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
Re: Airgid Vidro
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:27:47 PM »
...Maybe try to break up the big blocks of text by making paragraphs? I'm mostly certain mods will appreciate.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:21:38 PM »
Welcome to the site Sank :D Saw you in the Discord but still the first post on the site so I'll take it.

First off nice to see that you've gone through the template guide, good start!

You're more than welcome to have a fourth-year student however it is worth knowing that about 90-95% of characters are 1st years so you will have a harder time finding a team and such, but again that's entirely up to you.

Appearance is good, could be a bit longer but doesn't have to be. Anything that can help us picture her the way you do.
  • I'm a bit reluctant to do much of a review on the history in regards to her immunodeficiency as it's something I have (partially) studied and I'll just get hung up on details that aren't that important from a narrative point, so I'll leave that to someone else.
  • Wasn't entirely clear how old Frelsari is? (Not a major point)
  • Again I won't comment on the details of the treatment as that isn't actually important for the character.
  • The timeline between deciding to be a huntress and current day could do with a rephrasing. 'She would be let out one year before school, then she trained for 5 years before she was let out, then she went to Haven for 3 years?
  • Would be nice to see an expansion on why she wanted to go to Beacon then, outside of personal reasons?
  • Regardless a good start that could do with being a bit more detailed, and as Nathan said using a few paragraphs to avoid text blocks.

Minor point but pick a hex color for the aura and make the text said color. Example
Code: [Select]
[color=#9966cc][/color]
Creation semblances are fine as long as its made of aura and disappears afterward, though the specific balancing details I'm not experienced enough to really comment on. Am I correct in understanding that they are mirrors but act more as portals? (If she has 3 up how does that work?) And how far away from her can they move?

Not really familiar whit the template you had in the spoiler, where is it from (or your own system)?

A very good start and there people here who will do their best to get your character ready for review ^^ Again welcome!

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Sank180

• Personal Text
    Nobody move... I drop me brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 06:09:07 AM »
the spoiler is something for writing one of my roleplaying friends found, i just include it cause it has so much useful info
Yona Bron: First year shadow caster