Author Topic: Movie Night [Closed]  (Read 10137 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Night [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 12:03:50 AM »
"Huh," is all Toast says as Diana explains a bit of her semblance.  Unfortunately, with the way she explained it, he imagined her as a literal battery being carried around by her teammates.  And then he thought about her being hooked up to a battery.  And then he wondered about the logistics of how she was hooked up to a battery.  And then Toast decided to think about something else.

"That's more useful than my semblance," he says, "Mine's just a big, orange bubble.  Don't pop it though, it'll sting a bit."  He shoves another handful of popcorn in his mouth.  Now that he thinks about it, the world's a big place, and there's a bunch of really cool semblances out there.  He idly wonders if there are people with identical semblances out there.  Maybe there's someone with a semblance like his?  Nah, that's impossible; Toast is one of a kind.

Looking over at the other faunus in the group, Toast raises an eyebrow.  "Ya know, stayin' quiet over there isn't really doin' much for the whole 'totally-not-a-maniac' thing you got goin' on right now.  I mean, if you don't at least give me a name, I'm just gonna have to start calling you 'Killer'," he jokes. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 02:10:08 AM »
"Gray. My name is Gray. Also I'm not crazy." Despite his weapons being away Gray still had his wolf ears perked up to catch any sound. He was evidently still on high alert.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
"Well no.. or at least I haven't been able to figure it out, it might not be possible for them to maintain an aura without having their own unlocked. So for now at least I have to be in contact with them for as long as it would take for my aura to heal their wounds, which is certainly impractical for most things beyond scrapes." She pocketed her scroll making a mental note to check if any contact info had been added, not really a pressing issue at the moment.

Diana was a bit concerned by how on edge Gray seemed, however it didn't take long before she found a plausible reason to empathize with him. He was a faunus in Atlas after all. Her heart sank at the many implications that might have for the newcomer "We were just a bit surprised, no harm done, it's nice to meet you Gray."

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »
Helena intently listened to all participants, a shadow of a smile floating on her lips all the while. Diana's semblance sounded like a great support role, more so than her own due to its Aura-related nature. Toast's semblance piqued her curiosity a bit but momentum prevented her from asking him to elaborate on it.

Somewhat thankfully, the discussion ended up rolling back towards the newly-christened (as far as Helena's knowledge was concerned) Gray, allowing her to talk about what had been on her mind. "Say, Gray, I think I was listening to a video on speaker when you came in.", she said as she opened up her scroll again and thumbed her way to the video title. "Do you think you could've been hearing the gunshots from this video?" she finished asking as she showed him her scroll's screen.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 11:38:23 PM »
"See, that's exactly what a crazy person would say, though," Toast jokes at the newly christened Gray.  Judging from his posture, Gray still seemed to be on-guard, like he was still expecting something to go wrong.  Is he always like that?  Must be a pain to always be on the look-out, Never getting a chance to catch your breath and feel safe.  In an attempt to lighten the mood, Toast asked the other faunus, "So, any of the fights this year catch your interest?  I know there was one guy who got slammed into through a tree, and that was pretty cool."

When Diana tries to further explain her semblance, Toast pipes up, "Wait, that sounds super inconvenient.  Wouldn't it be faster to just unlock their aura and let them heal up on their own?  Actually, now that I think about it, why don't we just do that?  Feel like the survival rate would go up if we did...,"  It works in the desert, at least.  Wouldn't it be safer if people had whatever the hell aura is to protect them?  Seems like common sense to Toast.

When Helena shows Gray the scroll, Toast peers over his shoulder to get a look for himself.  When he sees the video title, he comments, "Hey, wait, isn't that your name?"
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2019, 01:08:27 AM »
"The 2nd year rounds. Shows how much better we can get." Gray replied quickly to Toast. Then his attention was brought to the scroll. He didn't say anything but his physical response told the story pretty well. His entire body tensed up and his face twisted into a snarl. He looked about ready to start lashing out again.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2019, 01:55:33 AM »
Diana was still a bit uneasy with their newest addition, Toast and Helena were both asking questions yet he seemed to only answer half of them. Lost in her own mind as to why this could be she almost missed when a question was asked back at her. Snapping back to reality she answered "Huh? Oh well yeah I guess it is pretty inconvenient." she shrugged, and gave a short pause to consider why everyone didn't just have their aura unlocked "It does take training and effort to maintain an aura so people who just want to live a normal life might not want to have to think about that, in the same way that they would be safer if they carried weapons or such."

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2019, 10:53:03 AM »
Seeing Gray's reaction, Helena promptly retrieved her scroll and closed it before putting it out of sight. She wasn't a psychological expert or anything but that guy looked like he had some serious trauma and/or drama stemming from that fight. Not that it'd be all that surprising, really, considering the events...

Turning back to the other ongoing discussion, partially to get away from the sensitive subject and partially to let the poor man breathe, she chimed in with her own two cents, smile disarmingly large and genuine as per usual. "And that's why you've got me for those without Aura! My semblance works independent of that, so I can always take care of the Aura-less wounded while Diana can support the active fighters better than I could. Well, I'm pretty decent with a bow, but I can't exactly refill others' Aura or anything."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2019, 11:56:48 PM »
"Huh, well if you're watchin' 'em for that, you should check out the Huntsmen bracket!  That's where the cream of the crop are, right?" Toast says to Gray, happy that there's actually some semblance of conversation happening.  "I heard there was the crazy guy in that bracket, too, think his name starts with a J.  Apparently they have to lead him into the arena with a bunch of armed guards, it's pretty nutso!"  Gray's reaction to the phone doesn't slip past Toast, and the cat faunus subtly lowers his hand to his hoodie pocket just in case he needs his sword again.  His outward expression remains relaxed and as casual as ever, though.

Turning back to his conversation with Diana, Toast quizzically cocks his head to the side.  "Really?  Huh, it's pretty easy for me.  Maybe it's 'cuz I've been doing it for a long time?" he asks, at the same time flexing his aura to demonstrate his natural ability with it.  "I don't know, just feels like it could be something taught in, like, primary school or something; just have kids learn to use aura so the big bad monsters with giant teeth don't eat them." he continues, miming the fangs of Grimm with his hands against his mouth.

At Helena's interjection, Toast turns to her and says, "Wait, both of you have healing semblances?  Huh, small world I guess."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:03 AM »
Gray failed to respond for a while though when the scroll was put away Gray did seem to calm down. Albeit slowly.

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »
"Wait they needed guards to control a huntsman, why would someone like that be allowed to fight?!" Most of the fights Diana saw left her feeling anxious so the concept of a legitimately dangerous or even unstable individual participating horrified her, someone was bound to be seriously hurt.

"People would certainly be safer if they were trained in aura" As someone who had been close to abandoning becoming a huntress she tried to reflect on what had attracted her to that life "but i imagine its an uncomfortable reminder that we may not be safe. A lot of people just want to live their lives without really needing to consider their own mortality."

With a quick smile to Helena she answered "Well, that's kinda how we met, we both took some extra classes to qualify as limited combat medics. The rest of my team is watching a fight but I prefer not to, so I was wandering around and spotted a familiar face."
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:32:59 PM by Vision »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2020, 08:27:54 AM »
Slight worry briefly flashed across Helena's face before evaportaing like morning mist. Surely, if they'd brought him here to fight, he couldn't be that bad.

"I don't really think pervasive Aura training would happen as things are now", Helena interjected. "A lot of places, including Kingdoms, pride themselves on the freedom they allow their populace to have within their borders. Having mandatory martial training like that would probably be viewed in a similar light to conscription."

Helena's usual smile grew even brighter, if physically possible, as Diana spoke of how they met. "Believe it or not, there's really not that many people trying to learn about basic first aid, for some reason. We were pretty much the only people who showed up to the special classes."
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"