Author Topic: Let's Bake a Cake: Professor Clannad's Intro Thread  (Read 5660 times)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Let's Bake a Cake: Professor Clannad's Intro Thread
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »
This is important, view this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD71JeX4Vk0

Now that I've wasted part of your life, on to the actual topic at hand.

There is room for 6 Beacon students of any year, and up to two faculty who get to taste test the results.

You are literally going to be following instructions from Clannad on how to bake a freaking cake. She'll allow you all to meander in, then give general instructions and show you where ingredients are. During the baking portion, the Faculty posts will most reasonably be observational, or interacting with Clannad herself. Participants will then have to present their confections to the Faculty.

PRIMROSE ASTER and MARIGOLD BECKETT are not allowed to join this thread out of fairness unless you want them to help Professor Clannad out, in which case they'll stick with her most of the time. This is also the case for ANYONE WITH PROFESSIONAL COOKING EXPERIENCE.

Let the sign-ups begin!

Assistants:

Marigold Beckett
Primrose Aster

Faculty:

Students:

Gray Saggio
Ash Feuer
Wisteria Lockheart
Nathan Eau
Floures Verdalia
Hyacacinth Makal
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 11:03:20 PM by Uncouth T-Rex »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: Let's Bake a Cake: Professor Clannad's Intro Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:30:39 PM »
Marigold can be a taste-tester! I promise she'll go easy on them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:36:36 PM by Asterisk »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 10:20:50 PM »
Gray does have cooking experience but it isn't on a professional level. Is he allowed to join?
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 10:35:28 PM »
Yeah sure why not. It'll liven things up BECAUSE JACK IS NOW JOINING no I'm kidding I don't want that bastard in every thread I write.

Character List:
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Ever Professional

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 11:13:34 PM »
A cooking event, huh.  Well, I'll always give something a try.  Ash doesn't really have much cooking experience, so I hope that's fine.
Ash Feuer- First Year Student of Beacon of Team MARS - "Do you honestly believe that is an intelligent idea?  Oh Atlas, you're serious."

Ebony Dunstan- First Year Student of Haven- "Come on everybody,  let's do something fun!"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 02:21:47 AM »
Wisteria would be perfect. I think. Save for some flour explosions but there shouldn't be anything wrong, right?
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 05:51:02 AM »
1) Rex, you moster, that link. 2) Get Nathan into the mix. 3) Unintentional puns are my forte, apparently.
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 06:01:41 AM »
PRIM WOULD LOVE TO BE AN ASSISTANT SHE IS ALREADY JUMPING UP AND DOWN IN GLEE!

Edit: Also, she would love to be a taste-tester as well. Also also, she would of course love to get to know the famed Marigold Beckett too.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 06:25:22 AM by The Mythic Scribe »
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 10:20:30 PM »
Last call, folks, anyone else who wants in say so in the next 48 hours.

Character List:

The Fox Without

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 02:38:26 PM »
Bring in Fluores, cooking is basically chemistry right?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:13:18 PM by The Fox Without »
Fortuna Altin-First year student: The Wannabe Princess of Team FIRE

Fluores Verdelia -First Year Tinkerer of Team MRSF

Tenne Byzant- First Year Recovering Thug of Team CBLT

Rima Tempest - First Year Snow Bitch of Team TBA
#55C8DA

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 12:31:37 AM »
This is delayed until after Vytal as I have way too many time intensive threads going. So naturally signups are still open.

Character List:

Sesh

• Been Around

• Fails Basic Reading Comprehension

• Personal Text
    Every RPG worth a damn has stats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2016, 09:20:39 AM »
nabbing that last spot for ya girl Hyacacinth
We can't have three different signatures anymore? Fuck the new board that's it I'm out.

Note for anyone who actually reads my character profiles: They're all jokes. Like...seriously. Anything that seems dumb is probably intentional, and even if it isn't I'll say it is to avoid admitting that I'm anything less than perfection.

Cael DeWitt

Francis Haldstrom

Hyacacinth Makal

William Staniforth Donahue