Author Topic: Movie Night [Closed]  (Read 10136 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Night [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 01:38:05 AM »
Toast has mixed feelings about the girls not noticing the current situation.  On the one hand, it's probably a good thing that the public hasn't noticed a drawn weapon in the middle of Amity Colosseum.  On the other, Toast really likes being the center of attention.  It's probably for the best, but it seems this culprit is intent on making a scene.

Unfortunately for him, Toast has the drop on him, not the other way around.  As soon as the wolf faunus began to turn for his attack, the cat faunus is already beginning his counter.  In one swift movement, Toast leaps up and over him, sending the bucket of popcorn high into the air as his body twists, ending up in a perfect upside-down vertical directly above his prey.  In that same motion, his free hand draws a pistol from the pocket of his souvenir sweatshirt. But instead of a bullet, a blade shoots out and begins to crackle with electric energy as lightning dust courses through the steel.

And as Toast reaches that upside-down vertical above the other faunus, the blade reaches down and taps on the boy's arm.  There's no piercing, no damage behind the blade itself, but the electricity is less discerning as it jumps from steel to flesh, sending a jolt through the culprit's sword arm and hopefully forcing it to drop his weapon.

After that, the former acrobat twists in the air once more to right himself and lands gracefully, once again directly behind his opponent.  This time however, the Butter Knife gently rests on the other boy's shoulder.  With a playful--almost joking--smile, he says, "Seriously, man, as much as I like putting on a show, I really don't want to spill my popcorn."  As if on cue, the bucket of popcorn previously tossed into the air falls gently into Toast's outstretched free hand, not a single kernel of popcorn dropped.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:42:56 AM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 08:03:34 AM »
With a satisfying *click* she opened a pouch on her belt and took out her scroll "Yeah sure, here you go." unlocking her scroll and handing it to Helena "I just wanted to give you an out if you would prefer to not give it to me, or if you needed to check with them whom I sho..." she stopped mid-sentence, her attention captured by the sight of Toast jumping to dodge an attack. Not really sure what to do she just sat there with a concerned expression looking at at the two making a scene and then back to Helena.

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 03:04:30 PM »
Helena's smile widened (if possible) when Diana handed over her own scroll, unlocked and everything. Taking it with her left hand and picking up the one on the table with her right, she was listening to her until the sentence trailed off, staring with a worried look on her face at something. Helena turned as well, her brow furrowed in mild confusion. It only got worse once she caught sight of it, too...
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 03:33:12 AM »
To Gray's relief his attack was nowhere near hitting the mark. He then yelped in pain as an electric current went into his injured shoulder. The pain caused his grip on his weapon to tighten, making it impossible for Gray to put the weapon down at the moment. He begun to turn again before the calm and joking words cut through instinct fully enough to provoke a more reasoned response. That response however was just sullen silence.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
Toast was currently very proud of himself at the moment.  Not only had he successfully dodged an attack, he did a back flip while dodging and even got in a one-liner!  Bonus points, he did it in front of two cute girls!  Nice!  Now he just needs to wait for the applause and...wait, where's the applause?

Glancing over at Diana and Helena, he saw their expressions and inwardly winced.  Looks like he hasn't impressed them at all.  Even his "opponent" didn't seem particularly enthusiastic, though at least he wasn't taking more swings.  That's a plus, right?

"Heh, not even a witty retort, huh?  Tough crowd," Toast says with an awkward chuckle, before trying to offer a compromise.  "Tell ya' what, I kinda need this hand to eat popcorn, so I'll put mine away if you stow yours, sound good?"
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »
Her conversation with Helena momentarily forgotten Diana's hand had instinctually started to reach for her weapon, however seeing that things didn't escalate she instead unbuckled her belt and slowly lowered the sheath to the ground so that it wouldn't make a sound. Thus as she stood up she was unarmed and held one hand in the other in front of her to make it clear there was no threat. After Toast had suggested they both lower their weapons, Diana spoke up, though a bit quiet at the start. "I'm Diana, from Beacon" gesturing to the others she added "We're just students, relaxing between tournament fights." she tried to put on a warm smile though there was still a nervous glint in her eye.

Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2019, 02:36:05 PM »
Helena mostly just stared at the (ex-)belligerent parties, confused at to what exactly had happened or was even happening. Seems like she'd missed quite a lot when chatting with Diana. She was still holding the scrolls, too.

Diana presenting herself successfully snapped Helena back, to a point anyway. She turned around on the bench, still sitting down with scrolls in hand and beamed a smile bright enough to blind at the newcomer. "I'm Helena, also from Beacon! We were watching some past fights on my scroll." Yes, she seemed careless but as far as she was concerned, it was a person and they didn't seem to have ill intent, therefore suspicion was unnecessary. She glanced down at the scrolls, quickly made them exchange coordinates and closed them, putting hers in her right pocket and keeping Diana's in her left hand for now. Her attention (and smile) were now fully focused on those in front of herself.

Red, however, wasn't so easily convinced and kept his eyes trained on the Faunus from behind Helena's legs.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2019, 02:00:18 AM »
Gray responded to Toast's request by sheathing the weapon in the hand he still had motor control in while his other hand shook in an effort to get it to move properly again. It was at this moment that Gray realised, in his initial panic he had activated his semblance so he had no aura to mitigate the shock he took. A red glow appeared around him as his aura returned and a wave of exhaustion hit him and he slumped further, not quite falling over. Then he finally gave a response "Thought I heard gunshots.....sorry."
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2019, 05:06:17 PM »
Toast watched Gray sheathe his sword before reverting the Butterknife back into a simple pistol and hiding it back in his hoody pocket.  It didn't look like the faunus opposite him wanted to continue, so Toast simply went back to shoveling popcorn in his mouth.

He was surprised to see the two girls react so warmly to the newcomer, considering a fight nearly broke out.  Then again, it looked like they only caught the tail end of the altercation, and that's probably for the best, all thing's considered.  That being said, he's still a bit salty no one said anything about that sick backflip he pulled off. He even caught the popcorn, too!  He deserved some recognition for that at least, right?  What's a cat gotta do to get some appreciation around here?

He shovels another handful of popcorn into his mouth to keep himself from voicing his dissatisfaction, and ultimately finds a way to take his mind off of it when the new guy speaks up.  "I mean, if you heard gunshots, why didn't you just get security?  I mean, this is Atlas, they have this place on lock!" he says nonchalantly.  "Oh, right, I'm Toast, by the way."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 06:52:54 PM »
While glad that things were de-escalating, Diana was far from comfortable and wasn't really sure what to do with herself now. She was quite tempted to just sit down again and let Toast handle it from here. Before she decided her eye was drawn to the newcomer due to a momentary red glow as his aura kicked in. Presumably that meant that his aura didn't block the damage for him but even so she figured she could extend an olive branch and offer to help.

"If either of you took a hit to your aura I can, top you up, so to speak" she looked to both of them before adding "that is, it's my semblance."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 04:16:11 PM »
Helena barely relaxed when the Faunus lowered his weapons - well, one of them - as she was already relaxed. The red shimmer that momentarily covered him made her raise her eyebrows, though. It wasn't every day you saw someone bring their Aura back up like that. His words, however, made her frown ever so slightly - was it the video they'd been (half-)watching? Toast's point made her suspicions raise further, albeit nowhere near a conclusion.

Diana's mention of her semblance made Helena turn towards her, eyes filled with stars even more so than usual. "Oh, really? That's so interesting! I've never seen or heard of anything like that... How does it work?"

Red, on his end, remained alert, but relaxed a bit as well when the weapon was lowered.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 07:39:28 AM »
"Didn't want the psycho to shoot anyone else." Gray responded quietly to Toast. Then turned his attention to Diana "Aura was down anyway."

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2019, 04:33:52 PM »
Toast, still nonchalantly shoveling handfuls of popcorn in his mouth, kept his eyes on the wolf faunus in front of him.  Sure, it didn't look like he'd cause any more trouble, but, at the same time, there was no real reason for him to make a scene in the first place...right?  Well, in any case, Toast was pretty sure he could handle things if the guy started hearing more "gunshots", at least until proper security arrived and took matters into their own hands.  The problem would be what the security personnel would decide to do with Toast himself:  his cat tail is still waving around in broad daylight for all to see, and he still kind of looks like a thug.  Atlas might just decide to detain him as well, and Toast does not relish that idea. 

That being said, if anyone were looking for concern on the cat faunus's face, they'd instead find a carefree smile as he continued munching on his snack.  "Wait, 'top us up'?  How's that work?" he asks Diana in between mouthfuls.  "Like, do you just speed up the regeneration, or what?"

"'Anyone else'?" he continues in response to the wolf faunus, "No offense, my guy, but the only that looked like a psycho just now was you.  By the way, don't think we ever caught your name, Big Dawg." 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Vision

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 03:45:58 AM »
"Not regeneration no, well kinda, but just in the same way that aura itself repairs wounds." Seeing as Toast had managed to calm down the newcomer Diana took the chance to sit down again, choosing a seat next to Helena. She tried to come up with some discrete way to thank Toast for handling the situation but couldn't think of anything.

Looking from Toast to Helena she continued her description "When I touch someone I can sorta combine my aura with theirs. So you do get faster regeneration with twice the aura available but its more useful for those that don't have their aura unlocked. But the main use for missions is that when I break the connection I can leave some of my aura behind, so I'm sorta a battery for my teammates if you will."

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 07:40:18 PM »
Helena had a thought when the wolf Faunus talked about shooting again. It couldn't... It wasn't that, right?

Before asking, though, she intently listened to Diana as she explained her semblance's workings, sitting back down along with her. Truth be told, it sounded pretty great. Especially the independent part of it, even more so when you considered how it'd apply to people without an activated Aura.

When she finished explaining, Helena handed her locked scroll back while saying "That's so great! Doesn't that mean that you can leave Aura behind in several people who don't have an activated Aura?"

And yes, she wanted to address the shots thing, but might as well take the opportunity to let the dust settle.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"