Author Topic: Violet Streaks Across the Water [Limited 4/4]  (Read 3930 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Violet Streaks Across the Water [Limited 4/4]
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »
The docks shone dimly under the crescent fragmented moon hanging above the city of vale. It seemed calm enough with the usual water splashing against the concrete sea walls, waves lapping up against the sides of docked barges, and the occasional fisherman trying to attract some curious guppies with a small lantern hanging a few feet above his floating line. It was early in the morning just a few minutes after midnight and most barges were still long from leaving and arriving, good enough that they wouldn't crush anything or anybody down in the water at the time.

Standing at the edge of the docks with shield and lance in hand, looking over as a crisp sea breeze brushed the hair from her face, Lavender du Lac stood watching waiting for the proper conditions to start her run. Latching onto the edge with her weapon, the shaft releasing into a serpentine bladed whip, the girl lowered herself down to the water's edge feet touching the water's surface without breaking it. Breathing in she let out a relaxed breath and started sprinting across the water with due haste, the water bursting behind the soles of her feet as she lifted them launching her in a full dash as she threw her shield down onto the surface and leapt onto it with one smooth motion whilst reeling in the rest of her whip into a blade.

Picking up speed by bursting the water behind her Lavender reeled herself along a buoy and slingshotted past a couple of small boats, adrenaline pumping as she skimmed the surface and leaned to the side to turn along the lip of a wave, bursting herself upwards whilst twirling her whip around her then sticking the landing and letting the weapon trail behind her. Spinning once more she made for another leap and barreled towards another buoy, narrowly avoiding the structure and locking the end of her whip to the makeshift anchor before letting go and twirling away once more. As she continued her performance the fisherman at the docks regarded her with a small nod and smiled, watching the girl who often frequented the area improve her technique.

Feeling a tug on his line the fisherman reeled it in, pulling a small straggler from previous fishing trips out of the water whilst laughing at its size before throwing it back in. He honestly believed the little thing was skimping out on food for the sole reason of avoiding catch. Pulling his hat down he reeled in his line and made his way back, the girl would have no reason to stop to say hi for now, she seemed fully absorbed in her training and that was for the best. Lavender didn't need her past weighing her down, and he would probably just remind her of that.

A sudden silence came about the docks and the fisherman looked back at the girl. She was standing atop the surface with her shield in tow, her weapon reeled back, and sweat and water dripping from her face. He spotted her waving at him just like back then, the little girl with purple streaked hair bowing down after performing at the docks only this time she was alone. He smiled and waved back, taking his leave with his rod leaning against his shoulder and a sad smile on his face.

Dusk approached and Lavender took a quick break sitting on the pier, drinking from a bottle of water while looking out into the now brightening water. She smiled bitterly and looked back into the water, the reflection of the rising sun filling her vision, the previous day now finally over yet her burdens seemed to have not gotten any lighter.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:50:57 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
Re: Violet Streaks Across the Water [OPEN][Limited 1/4]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 07:50:01 PM »
Griz enjoyed these nice times in the morning. The moon beautifully hung in the sky like a silent guardian as waves brushed gently across the shore. It was times like these that Griz was at peace. Laying on the dock next to he lake Griz looked up at the starry sky in awe. He took a deep breath and inhaled the stardust, exhaling the cosmos. Griz loved the way that the whole world was just so still. Everything seemed to be truly at peace. That was until he heard pitter pattering across the water.

Looking down from the heavens to the sound that had caught his attention he saw a girl dancing on the surface of the water. It looked...effortless, and most of all quite beautiful. The stars seemed to come down from their seats in the sky and dance with her. Her feat barley left ripple on the surface with every step as she stepped and strode. She saw her pass the fishermen who had come to watch her performance and he could only gawk at how they took what she did with a small nod and smile. Was this a norm around here? He barley noticed the fisherman leave when he caught the frown on his face. It was strange to not be left smiling after a performance like that. Griz would note this to investigate later.

As quick as the performance had started, it finished. The girl sat at the docks with a weird expression on her face. It wasn't quite sadness or anger but it certainly wasn't happy...what a strange expression to make while smiling. Griz walked up to the girl echoing a soft capping sound with his hands.

"I really enjoyed the performance, you got some real talent behind ya kid. The way ya just glide across the water like it wasn't even there. Quite amazin' if ya ask me."
 Griz said softly with a goofy smile on his face. Maybe he could shake this girl out of the funk she seemed to be in.
 "How ya do that by the way?  The whole hop, skippidy, jump across water."
Griz sat down beside her and seemed to melt a bit as he sat down and got comfy. His cloths drooped and sagged like hot wax as he kept a soft, beaming smile towards the girl. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:53:41 PM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Violet Streaks Across the Water [OPEN][Limited 2/4]
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 01:30:14 AM »
Realizing she wasn't alone any longer Lavender smiled and looked at the rather goofy boy and put her shield and weapon aside. "Thank you. Lavender replied, appreciating the praise. "How do you think I did it?

Looking down at her feet she wondered if the boy thought it were her boots that helped. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary with her attire however, save for being slightly wet, luckily it were mostly waterproof. The only other reason would be her semblance, as always, being one of the only natural ways of pulling off such a feat.

"And before you say magic I'll have to cut you off there, that's just ridiculous.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

TENKESH

• Personal Text
    Well Then...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 02:12:53 AM »
(this is my first open thread so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know)

Fishing was such a great pass time, it was the only thing that Matih could do from his childhood that didn't make him remember the bad times. His apartment that he had bought was near to the docks so he was quickly able to make friends with the local fishermen even without the ability to speak. He enjoyed going out on there boats in the morning but was also anticipating the time where he wouldn't be able to do it anymore, because he'd be an official student at Beacon Academy.

As he was about to pull in something he saw something weird on the water, it was a girl swimming, sliding, running? across the water, whatever she was doing it was beautiful. He quickly wrote upon his white board and shoved it in the man who he was currently fishing with's face "Who is that girl?" "well, I'm not really sure. She's been doin' this ever since I was 'ere. Never really talked to 'er though. You can if you want but if you wanted to ask 'er out it seems someones already beet'n ya to it." He jokingly replied. Matih without thinking jumps in the water and swims as fast as possible to the shore to talk to this lady and now other guy who has joined her.

He springs out of the water like a majestic dolphin and runs over to where the two are holding a sign that says HELLO! in big bright letters, completely interrupting what those two were talking about.
Characters:

Matih Mera ...

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:42:53 AM »
Griz froze, well there goes ma first guess.... That aside it was nice to see the girl relaxing a bit. Pondering quietly it was clear that Griz was over working his brain to the extreme; trying to recall all those science classes that he had slept through. It was at times like these that Griz really wished he was more attentive in class. Common Griz think, what would Mr.Denos say? "Griz stop sleeping in class and get to the principal's office" yeah...not helpful.

As Griz brain continued to smoke over coming up for the answer he looked over the girl for a breakthrough. Her slightly wet attire struck him as odd, wouldn't she be soaked from this feat? Well that was a clue he guessed. Perhaps it was the boots? It wasn't helping that she looked...kinda cute. God I am so out of my league right now...
Griz was about to put forward what he was thinking when he was interrupted, saving him from the embarrassment.

"Well I think it's a thin layer of dust covering the bottom of your boo-"
And that's when someone burst out of the water holding up a giant sign. Griz's eyes for a fraction of a second flashed green in shock of the newcomer. The sudden appearance had startled him and caused Griz to fall from the place he was sitting...right into the water below.

Sinking slowly Griz was asking himself all sorts of questions such as who was the guy in the water? How did that girl skate across water? Most importantly why was he sinking when he should be on solid ground? That was when Griz's back hit the bottom of the pier, it was surprisingly shallow but deep enough that looking down from the dock wouldn't be enough to spot him. It was surprisingly comfy down there...almost nap worthy if Griz didn't have to hold his breath. He hoped one of his new friends would come looking for him.   
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:45:33 AM by Timeworker »
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 10:09:02 AM »
Lavender nearly jumped at the sudden appearance of the boy popping out of the water; she never really did like being surprised. Unfortunately someone apparently had it worse than she did and was now at the bottom of the pier. She waited at first, expecting another head to pop out a moment later but it seemed to be taking longer than expected. Worried, she dropped her shield and weapon to the side and dived in after him barely seeing him in the dark water. The sun had onlu just begun to rise but it barely penetrated the surface making it practically impossible to see too clearly. Luckily the water wasnt too deep that he'd be lost like some long pirate treasure and she eventually bumped into him underwater.

Mad that someone who couldn't properly swim would let themself sink so badly she felt around for an arm and roughly started hoisting him up, water seemingly resisting her push from under her feet giving her an invisible foothold. Instead of bothering to drag him all the way up she let water beneath them burst in a rush of energy propelling them up just enough to reach the surface.

Gasping for air Lavender hoisted  the goof above the surface whilst seemingly standing on water once more, the area under her feet tinged ever so slightly with a hint of purple. "Clumsy and unable to swim, you should remedy at least one of the two. Also...hello to you to she said, dragging Griz onto a spot of semisolid  water about his size, the surface barely solid yet somehow holding his weight. She nodded to the newcomer with a light smile, water dripping down her bangs as she thought how nice it was that she wouldn't need to save this one from a wattery grave.

Students

Professors

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 11:29:20 AM »
Thanks to still not being adjusted to time zones in Vale yet Sandy had awoken incredibly early and decided to take a walk. Clad in his cold weather clothing he had been beginning to enjoy the cool air when he heard a commotion and a splashing sound. Rushing to the pier and stopping at the railing and hesitating as he saw someone jump in. "Oh cral. Please don't tell me someone needs help underwater it is way too cold for that." To his relief two people surfaced and Sandy ran down to offer a hand  in getting them up until he noticed that one of them was standing on the water. "Well that is impressive. Are you two alright?"
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »
Griz was chilling at the bottom of the pier...hehe CHILLING when he felt someone dive in the water after him. He felt a pushing motion and soon found himself at the surface. Letting out a breath of air and breathing lightly he looked at his "hero" it was really sweet of her to save him like that. He could've easily come up himself...but he wasn't going to tell HER that. Besides with all these newcomers she seemed to be distracted from whatever was making her upset earlier. In fact...he hadn't met any of these people before. The girl who glided across the water was definitely a hunter-in-training based on what she had just pulled a few seconds ago...also the weapon kind of gave it away. The surprise sign guy who had shocked Griz into the lake seemed to be one as well by how fast he swam over. This was certainly an uncanny meeting but not unwelcomed.
Hearing Lavender talking to him Griz perked up and smiled,

"Hey hey that's COLD hehe. Thanks for the save though I swear another minute and I would have been sleeping with the fishes. But hey that's all water under the bridge so I bet we're all going to get along swimmingly."

Laughing at his own shitty humour Griz's eyes widened like dinner plates as he saw the purple colour the water had turned.
"So thats how you do it." he said pointing at the discoloured water "Isn't that the aura stuff that hunters use? See it's basically magic I told ya guys." Griz finished chuckling as he brushed off his soaking wet cloths. The fire dust glamour in his cloths started working double time to dry him off as Griz stood on the solid water much to his growing amusement.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:18:53 PM by Timeworker »

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Violet Streaks Across the Water [Limited 4/4]
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 06:09:48 AM »
"The hypothermia must be setting in...he's starting to spout nonsense! Lavender replied, her face almost devoid of emotion after hearing three consecutive puns, a bit of her wanting to just drop him back in the water. "That or his sense of humor is lacking in several departments.

Giggling to herself she overloaded the the water at the bottom of her soles with energy and crouched down springing up a second later with steam trailing her feet as she launched up into the air. Flipping mid-jump she reoriented herself just enough to land right where she leapt off earlier, smiling at her successful technique. Landing next to the newcomer she smiled back at him and combed the bangs of her hair to the side, revealing her deep Lavender eyes only for a moment before they fell back in place.

"Hmm, I forgot to bring a towel again. Oh well. She muttered, the water around her body glistening for quick moment before dissipating into steam. "Ahhh hot hot hot!

Waving herself around she finally seemed to have dried off a good bit and sat back on her spot overlooking the water, right above the other two, picking up her shield and spear once again as if ready to leap on them any moment. Before she could even think of retrying her earlier performance a loud barge sounded its horn, sending a large wave towards the two in, and on, the water.

"It's a bit tiring but you two need to get out for the meantime. Hold on to...uhm...Watch where you land? She warned, channeling a sudden amount of energy below the two just enough to burst the both of them back onto the docks as well. The water beneath them started bubbling in an explosive fashion and spouted up beneath them like a geyser due to Lavender's manipulation. She felt a sudden wave of fatigue run over her after exerting so much in a short amount of time that she dropped her weapons to rest for a few seconds.

[Just a little heads up. There's no solid posting order, as evident by my own deliberate interruptions, so go ahead and post what you want. Just try to keep it flowing natural, whatever that may be.]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 08:30:22 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors