RPG World of Remnant > Amity Colosseum

Switcheroo: Malina/Phi

(1/6) > >>

Dr. Gustave:
Malina smiled and nodded, wishing Juno luck as he walked away after having handed her his belt. She made a note of it's surprising weight as she walked away from the arena floor and toward the hallway leading to the stairs to the stands surrounding the floor. A hardlight generator being used as a weapon was certainly creative, she thought as she closed the door behind her and moving onto the stairs, though that certainly wasn't what had interested her when she was looking over the student files the day prior.

The woman stopped on the first landing of the steps and held the belt up in the air, backlighting with one of the ceiling lights, and began to look over the edges of the belt. She scrunched her mouth up, finding little in the way of a display or labeled buttons, and lowered the belt down and let it rest in her arms.

Malina looked around for a moment, looking down the hallways for any wayward janitor or sightseer before returning her gaze to the belt and speaking.

"Hello?"

Zwei Not:
To say Phi was disappointed that she couldn't participate in the weapons swap would be a bit of an understatement, but it was understandable. The OSIRIS generator was a complex piece of machinery that took Juno months to become adept with and much longer to master. Someone picking it up for the first time wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do. And while she could trust someone like Malina to be careful with her rig...

Phi wanted to protest once Malina snuck into the hallways of Amity Coliseum, but that could have started a scene. Not that her existence was a secret to begin with, but she really wanted to see how Juno did without her, and her protests would have fallen on deaf ears, anyway, as it seemed Malina had wanted to get away from the students with Phi as soon as possi-

Wait, was she being stolen? Oh, no. Nonononononononono. She wasn't just gonna let herself be taken away from Juno to be disassembled or sold on some black market or whatever. She was gonna fight back. All she needed was an opening, a time to surprise the huntress and get out of the-

"Hello?"

Phi paused as Malina spoke, taking a moment to think over the situation. The TA seemed to be addressing her, and given that she had looked about the area before hand, there is a possibility Phi might have misinterpreted Malina's intentions. Cautious as she projected her avatar atop the generator, Phi looked the TA in the eye as she sat down, her legs hanging off of the edge of thr generator. "Hello." She replied, a cold, cautious edge to her voice.

Dr. Gustave:
Malina smiled softly, hiding her own slight surprise despite having read the file. "You're smaller than I imagined you'd be." She said almost matter-of-factly as she finally took her gaze off of the belt and began making her way up the stairs. "I'm not sure how much you're aware of down there in the belt but just in case you didn't know, my name is Malina. And you are Phi... Of course you knew that." She glanced down toward the small blue avatar as she reached the second landing and moved her head just a bit closer to her, lowering her voice slightly. "You know, the file also describes you as AI-like. Tania seems to think you're more than that though and after reading some of the missions reports, I'm inclined to agree."

Malina lifted her head back up and began making her way up the stairs again. "The be blunt, I wanted to know more about this- about you."

Zwei Not:
Oh, these two were going to get along swimmingly, Phi could already tell. Letting out a light sigh as Malina voiced her intentions, Phi looked the Teacher's Assistant in the eye. "So. What you're telling me is that you basically kidnapped me and dragged me out into the hallway just to ask what I am?" Phi questioned, giving Malina very little time to respond before continuing. "You'd think someone of your caliber and experience would have a bit more tact, instead of putting me through this bullshit just to know what's already obvious." With her tirade out of the way, Phi stood up onto the generator and walked up Malina's arm, stopping at her shoulder and motioning for her to lean in. "You wanna know what I am?" she whispered, looking around their general area as if to ensure that the coast was clear.

Dr. Gustave:
Malina chuckled softly as she turned her head slightly to look at Phi. "I wouldn't call being given the belt to keep the other student from breaking it kidnapping, you know." She said flatly before glancing ahead once more as she rounded the final landing of the stairs and made her way towards the exit leading to the stands. "And yes, if that wasn't clear already."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version