Author Topic: Switcheroo: Lien/Vermilion  (Read 7532 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
Switcheroo: Lien/Vermilion
« on: June 17, 2017, 12:29:23 AM »
(Lien has Razz's weapons and Vermilion has Anna's weapons. now do the thing.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Switcheroo: Lien/Vermilion
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 09:24:11 AM »
Vermilion grinned wide at the sight of chains in his hands. A most fitting weapon for someone who loves subduing his opponents...and sometimes allies. The other weapon he didnt care about too much. So..how to use these..Flail style? Whip? He never tried out either but anyone can work out how to lash out with a wet towel, he whipped it out a bit, got a somewhat floppy result then opted for rough swinging. that seemed to be good. Laughing out loud he grasped both ends with his hands and pulled it taut, testing the probably defending capacity. Not too shabby but maybe he can time a proper tanglement. Maybe..then an old fashioned curbstomping should do the trick.

"Come! Show me what pitiful excuse for battle you can come up with!"
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »
Lien flipped through all three forms of the weapon she was given, slightly nervous at how exactly she was going to use it. She didn't really work with weapons much, hand-to-hand was where she excelled. But by the look of the edges of those chains... Maybe that wouldn't be the best idea. So she didn't toss the weapons, not quite yet, for now she kept it in its primary form. Blunt force and the absense of risking hurting herself would do her best now.

As for her opponent, he seemed creepy. Not like she hadn't seen creepy people before, but still. Partly because she was a little wary about looking like a fool, charging into battle like that with a bat and all and partly because of actual reasoning, Lien decided to not take the creepy student's offer. "Um, thanks? But... I insist. You first." With that, she moved into a defensive position, awaiting her opponent's next move.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 05:37:48 PM »
Vermilion stared back sith a look of disgust and instantly judged how well their opponent was with the weapon they had. In cases like these simple was best and he frankly didnt want to rush in, like any other person. Remembering the bag of throwing knives he examined one and sae that they had dust in them.

"Throwing knives? What a useless weapon. Javelins are way better as throwing weapons and they at least have weight behind them. The owner is an idiot, dust powered javelins would be amazing." Vermilion trailed, grabbing a handful of knives and throwing them at his opponent. Verm had experience throwing spears so he thought knives worked at a slight smaller scale. Finger grip instead of a full grasp but with an overexagerrated reel back and the knives flew, forgetting to use the dust. The knives sailed forwards but spread out slightly, one of them even meandering to its side and flying butt first.

"Like I said. Awful weapons."

[knives, (3). 3% each. 2% for poorly thrown one]

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 02:16:17 AM »
The moment she saw him pull his arm back, Lien was already moving to evade the thrown knives, a feat that wasn't quite that hard considering thrown knives traveled much slower than a bullet or arrow and that they were all thrown at once at the same place. "I think you're supposed to throw those one at a time," she said awkwardly, regarding her opponent's attempt at using the weapon.

Equally awkwardly as an attempt to stall, Lien transformed the bat into its tertiary rifle form, preferring not to provide any commentary as Vermillion had. He was still kind of creepy, in an arrogant-rich-person-who'd-lock-you-in-his-basement kind of way. She hopefully held the rifle how it was supposed to be held, and while a little voice in the back of her head reminded her that these things were typically used for ranges longer than this, it was a gun and that was good enough. She loaded and shot six Dust ammunition... things... in Vermillion's general direction, emptying the cartridge. Disappointingly and expectedly, half were way off thanks to poor aim and recoil that she should’ve expected.

She immediately shook her head and reverted the weapon back into its bat form, slowly advancing closer to Vermillion. Better to simply get on with it.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Aura 100%
6 Dust shots, 4-5% each, 2 far off to left and 1 far off to right
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 02:28:24 AM »
Vermilion had plenty of experience with guns and instantly realized that his opponent didn't know how to use one properly. Her grip seemed awkward and her confidence seemed to waver with the weapon in this form. Unfortunately though any half-wit could use a gun and cause damage so he had no choice but to spin his chains the same way he'd spin his spear to deflect bullets, which is to say not exactly the same. The chains spun easily but without proper leverage a few bullets nicked him in the torso, though most seemed to have scattered not just because of his makeshift shield but Lien's poor aim. Letting out a scoffing laugh he rushed forwards with the two chains in his hands and swung them around like...well...metal chains. The odd jingling tingled his senses as he swung one towards Lien's head while grabbing a knife and throwing it at his feet, activating the dust inside. The chains lacked the range he was used to however with sweeping hits so he closed in as he attacked, leaving Lien to either get his bat chained up by defending his head and a foot blasted with an exploding knife of some sort, or a deflected explosion and a face full of iron.
[Aura level, 90%]
Students

Professors

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 02:53:53 AM »
Lien passively wondered whether her choice said something about her vanity as she raised the bat, letting it get entangled and either rather stupidly or cleverly stepped on the knife to contain the explosion's outward... explosion. Instead of perhaps trying to evade, but her hands were a bit full at the moment. A soft noise escaped from the back of her throat in response to this particular development.

Still determined, Lien took advantage of the bat being entangled by jerking it backwards hard with her left hand and taking ahold of the remaining chain in Vermilion's left hand. She ignored the pain and pulled it taught, both of the holds allowing her to pull her opponent close and unleash as many kicks as she could to his abdomen at the cost of the damage done to her hand.

Aura 89%
Kicks are 3-4% each
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 03:30:49 AM by The Mythic Scribe »

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 06:47:14 AM »
Vermilion felt a few swift kicks to his stomach and gasped a few times and quickly made his muscles taut. The next kicks didn't hurt as much and his aura protected from any real damage so he pressed on and flung the chain between Lien's hand and his in between and attempted to entangle it.

"Bad move you little piece, of shit. Now I've got more of a reason to make this hurt." He growled, his face contorted to a wide grin despite the venom in his words.

Being the obviously larger one of the two, and much more muscular one, Vermilion yanked back on the chains while attempting his entanglement, and prepared a powerful knee to Lien's stomach and a headbut after that.

[aura = 84%]
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:56:14 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 02:50:52 PM »
Lien's eyes widened as Vermilion took advantage of her grip on the chain, entangling her right hand in it then kneeing her in the stomach and headbutting her in the shoulder. She gasped in partial shock as he did so, slightly unnerved by him.

She recovered her wits quickly though, going along with Vermilion's yank and swinging the bat hard at his head, continuing to do so repeatedly. Aggravated swinging seemed to be a universal move, really. Her strikes really were less to actually harm than to keep him from attacking further. He obviously had the upper hand currently and to be honest she didn't really know what to do to even the odds. Getting rid of the chains would be a great start, but seeing as she really didn't know how to do that, Lien just kept rhythmatically swinging the bat at his face, hoping that she hit something. Who needed fancy moves with a bat? 

Aura 80%
Bat swings 3 to 4-ish if hit

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 02:43:06 AM »
"Oh no you don't!" Vermilion raised one arm to block a bat strike, resisting the urge to just summon a dozen spears to skewer the brat, and felt pain erupt throughout his right arm. With Lien's arm still entangled,Vermilion drew closer and rolled his arm over the batting arm, stepping forwards while yanking on the caught arm. From his position he attempted to draw into a distance where the swings would be too far out while trying to catch the batting arm between his, the chained arm even closer, and repeatedly knee the girl until she gives out.

[Aura 80%]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:19:08 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 05:11:21 AM »
Lien struggled as her still creepy opponent pulled her closer and started violently kneeing her in the stomach. Once more, she followed his wishes and let him draw the bat too close for her to effectively wield it, instead elbowing his hard at the base of his throat. She raise a leg to block his and with her other hand, Lien punched him in the face, chains and all. Arrogant guys like him generally didn't like anyone targeting the moneymaker. She followed up with a kick from the same leg that was currently blocking Vermilion's to hit his side with her shin.

Aura 69%

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2017, 05:32:41 AM »
The slugfest continued with Vermilion taking blows to the neck and face, toughing out the pain, and a strike to his side. Instead of backing away he leaned in while biting his lip and aimed for a grapple. Hannah definitely hit harder than this girl and he was more or less used to getting struck in his beautiful chiseled face, thank Remnant aura is a thing, so Lien's strikes were nothing more than a nuisance.

One thing however did irk him, the fact that this bitch didnt feel like submitting yet.

"Is that the best you can do, Plebe?"

While he leaned in for a grapple he reached for a knife from the throwing knife bag and got an electrical dust one. Wrapping the chains further on Lien's arm he yanked even harder and jammed his knife towards her side like a very sharp tazer.

[Aura 70%] [chain dmage 2-3%. Knife plus shock 5%, 2% shock per second]
Students

Professors

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 10:47:49 PM »
Time to get up close and personal.

Lien tried to keep her mind off of the pain in her entangled hand and the trash talking of her opponent as she-in the literal sense-threw herself at Vermilion to temporarily evade the knife he was jabbing at her side. She shoulder checked him in the process in an attempt to distract and knock him back enough for her to jerk her bat back to a distance where it'd be useful. Then to further dissuade Vermilion from stabbing her, Lien struck the upper part of his knife arm with the knob of the bat, her strikes as rhythmic as usual, however good or bad that could be.

Aura 67%
Shoulder check: 3%
Strike with bat knob: 1-2%

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
Vermilion flinched at the shoulder check but quickly regained composure enough to attempt another stab. Obviously not used to super close ranged stabbing, unlike the common rabble and their petty knives, his hand got interrupted by a pesky bat and knocked the knife out of his hand. Now pissed off, he moved his arm out of the way the second the bat came back a second time and swung his fist hard with a massive uppercut for Lien's jaw, moving in as he did. He didn't let go of his other chain and made sure to keep his grip tight so that Lien couldn't maneuver around him while he attempted the swing. No way was he gonna let a lower yeared brat get the better of him so he followed up with a dirty low blow, a knee to the crotch while pulling his chain inwards to draw the kid in.

Nobody said anything about playing fair anyways.

[Aura 65%. Uppercut 7%, knee to the crotch + further chain yanking 10%]
Students

Professors

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 09:42:43 PM »
Lien winced as Vermilion's attacks hit, though perhaps she should be thanking her stars that she was not male. At least she had the bat back though. That was a good thing. So thanks to that, Lien made two backhanded swings at her opponent's shins and thigh, then... stabbed him? With the bat in the stomach. If he wanted to keep her close, then fine. It was in a way, mutually beneficial and destructive considering the proximity made attacks harder to evade.

Aura 50%
Swings: 4% each
Stab/Thrust thing: 5%