Author Topic: Taking A Bull By The Horns [PLOT] [CLOSED] [FOREVER FALL]  (Read 9916 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Taking A Bull By The Horns [PLOT] [CLOSED] [FOREVER FALL]
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 05:11:37 AM »
     I know right? Professor Nox sure is an odd one. Kei voiced in her head. Much as she'd like to gossip about their teacher she knew that she had another objective in mind.

Engaging the students with small talk, Kei wondered what was taking the professor so long. It had been roughly an hour since he left and there was no sign of him coming back. So much for questioning him, though something told Kei that Professor Nox wouldn't be much of a conversationalist anyways. A few more minutes passed and Kei decided to do some more investigating. Resisting the urge to pick up a shiny, probably expensive, piece of machinery, she left the door open and motioned for the other students to follow her outside. "How bout a little free roaming. Not like the boss is anywhere in sight. Besides, the car smells like grease and...burnt hair..."

The train continued speeding on through Forever Fall's lush red brush. Petals scattered here and about as the train approached and the sun began its descent from its place in the sky, indicating that it was just a few minutes since noon.

Kei missed lunch, apparently, having been investigating the trains here and there, and after the grimm attack earlier she completely forgot that there was a supposed to be a food trolley coming by soon. She was used to hunger, though, and she'd steel her resolve through this missed lunch. She wondered, however if the students would follow. Surely they'd be a nuisance, but they also provided more than one person to start shooting at if things went awry. Tilting her head at her schoolmates, Kei blew her whistle in a sharp rising tone and motioned for them to follow.

Dust crates littered the flatcar she was standing on. Thrown about and some of them leaked vials and raw dust. Luckily a few clean up drones were already at work, picking up vials and sweeping up dust. One even had a vacuum and froze when it accidentally sucked up too much ice dust much too quickly.

There was roughly several thousands worth of Lien on this car alone, and Kei wondered why they wouldn't care about losing this much cargo. As she walked, she stubbed her foot on one of the medium sized crates, and to her surprise, it just lightly slid away.

"Empty." She murmured, kicking it again for good measure, then tapping it to confirm it was hollow. "Why would they be carrying empty crates along with some full ones?"

The door to the next car was just a few feet away now, and Kei had a headstart ahead of the students. It would be locked for sure, so she had to be quick with her picks.

Despite her getup, she didn't get to swipe any important looking keys from the engineers back at the front. The ones at her waist opened the passenger cars easily, some of the engine cars, but something told her she'd need a bit more than a key to open the high tech looking one in front of her. Palm scanners and heavy bolted locks in place of a simple keyhole. Atlesians, always the geeks. It was simple enough, she thought. All she needed was some talcum powder and something smooth and flat. She had some laminated papers, part of her getup, all she needed was some powder.

"Hey, you kids don't happen to have some powder on you right now, do you?" She asked, skipping back to nearest one, "I'm building up a bit of a sweat and a lil powder always helps lower the stickiness a ton."
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Siuwa

• Personal Text
    Balanced self-insertion FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2018, 09:57:58 AM »
Forever Fall Forest really is beautiful, and the just made sure for the passengers it only that and nothing else. Feels good. The conductor is great company too. he brings up all sorts of cool topics.
The Dust cart sure is messy after being roughed up by the Grimm. According to Mr. conductor's kicking sound, one of them is even emptied.
"I don't, so ask one of them I guess?" And then he asks for some powder despite being in the air-conditioned cars, I guess he have to go out pretty soon?.
Catalina Glenn - first year Beacon Academy student - "Not funny, dude! And not dudes... and everyone else... " - Cata, Cat.
Infrared Ray - fourth year Atlas Academy student - "So it's __ and __(insert name here) meets each other."
Sheer Gold - second year Beacon Academy student - "This is super effective!"
Siu Ceong - Beacon Academy graduate Huntress - "What is this? Where can I learn about it?"

Character hex code for reference: ShowHide
Cat: #0A44C2
Infrared: #CB4154
Sheer: plain red
Siu: #28CDFF

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 10:43:32 PM »
Airi followed the other students throughout the train cars.  However, she didn't say anything.  Kei did raise a good point as to why there were empty crates, but Airi still did not comment on it, because she figured that the nutty Professor Nox was going to collect something at one point in their trip.  When the students came to the car sealed behind the more advanced security, Airi's interest was indeed piqued.  Surely there was something much more valuable than mere dust in this car.  She wondered about all the various things that could be behind the doors - prototype robots, advanced weapons, strange technologies, or maybe even a captive Grimm.  Ok maybe not the last thing, but she was still interested.  When Kei interrupted Airi's thoughts to ask for some powder, Airi simply shrugged.  Who carried around powder on missions?

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »
     It took a while but Kei finally managed to get through the lock, having the other students look for one piece of junk or another or for her key that she supposedly dropped. In one swift motion, the thief spread some of the dust on the floor on the lock, pressed a laminated document she snagged a while back against the scanner, then pressed her palm against it.

The door opened with a mechanical whir and the simple yet annoying obstacle slid away to allow the students in. Sorry guys, Kei thought, but there are more important things at stake than their silly mission. She slipped in, wondering if the door closed automatically or not, but it stood open while the others were busy doing...well nothing. If they saw her walk in they wouldn't be none the wiser anyways. She- er - he was an employee here. At least on the outside.

As Kei stalked through the suspicious caboose she heard muffled sounds of arguing just ahead. The room was lined with sheets of steel way too heavy to be moved individually and had a few deactivated Atlesian Knights just standing at ready on the sides. An alert would probably cause them to hop back into action but as it was they seemed content with just staying stiff as statues. Kei thanked her luck that the lock worked, otherwise she would have to deal with getting caught on top of being shot at by the train's security detail. Another door barred the way and it was just as locked as the previous one. Another splash of dust and the same trick later she got through and walked in to sounds of...was Professor Nox yelling?

"I will NOT participate any further in this project, Jonathan!" Despite his wiry frame the Professor stood firm and slammed a fist against a large white pod behind him. It looked like an egg flattened on one side, resting on the floor supported by several mechanical arms, wires, and large amounts of tubes feeding fluid and power into the device.

"A theory does not give right for experimentation of living, breathing subjects!" Nox continued, "We don't know what would happen if a person's aura can handle such strain, nor can we measure without further research. I dropped this years ago because of that and even you supported my decision!"

Jonathan smiled. "See now, William. That's where you're wrong"

"What? This is clearly an aura pod, that means you have someone inside!"

"Some thing, William. A vegetable has no emotions nor can it feel pain. Not that it was a person to begin with anyways. Nobody is going to miss a Faunus-" Jonathan practically spat the word, "Not to mention White Fang scum. Just because you're desperate to feel the same way as them, to feel emotions the same way, doesn't mean you should get in the way of progress William, not when you've contributed so much to this endeavor. Perhaps in the future we can even create devices capable of enhancing conscious, living souls. Think of the possibilities! Every person has the potential to no longer fully rely on mechanical weaponry to fight Grimm and terrorists alike. All it would take is a simple machine-"

"And huge amounts of dust." Nox cut in, "Just give me the plans, I need to see everything before I make my decision..."

Jonathan's thin lips stretched into a smile once more, "Now that's the William I know. Professor Ovid would be glad to hear you've come on board."

"I haven't agreed yet, Jonathan. I'm merely interested in the schematics."

"Of course."

A loud crash echoed throughout the chamber, and Jonathan pulled out his scroll. Atlesian Knights all throughout the car sprang to life and and started marching towards the source.

Jonathan stood straight, raising an eyebrow at Professor Nox. "I'm sure it's nothing. But we can't be too sure."

Nox could only scrunch his eyebrows at the words, taking his hands away from the machine before pulling out his own scroll.

Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust