Author Topic: Through Friendship & Chaos, a Team May Blossom [Team BSSM] [CLOSED - Initiation]  (Read 8637 times)

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
"You may try and shove me, Smokey, but I would advise against it" Oberon replied, smirking at the lad. Watching as the others discussed their strategies and took their positions to guard him, Oberon continued to stroll through the forest and admire the scenery. He couldn't help but remember his years training to become a huntsman and all the hardships he went through with his team, particularly his teammate who became his wife. Smiling as he could still sense her from afar, he wondered if the children had awaken yet. They were the type to get up early for breakfast and so he figured his wife was busy caring for their kids.

A basic plan Oberon thought as he assessed what Serin set in place. It allowed them to easily defend him should they be attacked. However, there were some flaws to it in that they would only be focusing on their last line of defense and not have a farther area of defense. Looking at the dragon construct, he also wondered how the connection between Kiro and Mikado worked as to whether Mikado could see what Kiro sees or not. If it is the latter, then having Kiro look for Grimm would be pointless in that it wouldn't be able to say anything about what it sees nor could Mikado see it either. The holes in the plan weren't extreme, but the consequences that could happen could make or break this mission. Regardless, Oberon acknowledged the fact that at least Serin was trying his best as the team leader to keep his teammates safe as well as the goal of the mission in mind.

Before Oberon could say anything, the hair on the back of his neck prickled as he felt a sudden sensation of being watched. Looks like the Grimm are around he thought with a slight smile. We'll just have to see whether this plan works out or not. It was in that moment that a loud howl could be heard in the distance, followed by dozens of howls.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

L-Money

• View Profile
Billy nodded and kept to the right side of Professor Oberon. She scanned the forest, looking for trouble. She remembered when she had trouble once, when she had to ambush someone from back in Vaccuo. She didn't want to get ambushed for looking like they were protecting someone now.

So she piped up a little, "Are you sure we should walk like thi-" She was cut off by a howl in the distance followed by dozens of howls. "Nevermind I think this is good. I doubt people will ambush us."

Her eyes went back to the forest as did her gun. Not that she was scared or anything, she really wanted to pass.
Beacon First Year Student:
Leona Koningsblauw Profile Team LGGR
Billy Bone Profile Team BSSM
Attom Goldwyn profile CAST

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
The rear, huh?  Smokey did as Serin instructed.  He was the leader, after all.  Smokey would have preferred being closer to the front so he could get closer to the action, but he could reason why Serin would put him where he did.  Between his firepower and his semblance, Smokey was an excellent candidate for "last line of defense."  Hell, he could probably hold a flank all by himself for at least 30 seconds.  In fact, now that he thought about it...

"Hey Boss-Man, mind if I make a--" Smokey's call to Serin was cut short as the howls of Grimm cut through the forest.  "Never mind, talk later." Smokey crouched into a ready stance, the barrel of his revolver still resting on his shoulder, as his eyes scanned the trees behind them, trusting his team to handle the front. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Standard setting, huh? They at least won't have the problem of being attacked from a dead angle like this.
Mikado stayed on the professors right side and watched Billy and Smokey take their places. Unlike those the two, he hadn't much to say. The only thing he wanted to object was, how needless it would be for Kiro to scout for grimm, but the far away howls who slowly became louder and closer did not even give him the chance to open his mouth. Mikado reached for the bo on his back and pulled out the blade. Now it started to get interesting.
Hyperactive weirdo Kisha Miles  - Beacon First Year - Team INKK/Ink
Dragon tamer Mikado Drak - Beacon First Year - Team DASE/Days
Compulsive gamer Dawn Mae - Beacon Second Year - Team ----
Scaredy cat peacock Arcano Blar Baldwin - Beacon First Year - Team ----

mylies43

• View Profile
Serin was mildly disappointed in Profesor Oberons non-reaction but at the very least it was not a sign of disgust, he hoped. He didn't have much time to worry about the professor's acceptance of the plan before a handful of Grimm's howls disrupted the silence of the forest. 'Nows the time to test out our defense, as long as there's not too many I think we can hold it. But that did sound like a bunch of howls....' Serin thought creating a plan for both scenarios.

In preparation for the fight to come to Serin stepped out in front of Oberon while opening his arm blade up fully since there's not much use in using the crossbow in the thick of the forest."Get a ready team, remember, no harm to the professor."
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Hearing the howls from afar as well as the team taking their defensive stance, Oberon smiled slightly as he took out a small notepad and jotted some notes down so he could grade them later. Being unfazed by the impending Grimm, Oberon simply stepped around Serin and continued walking onward, his face completely unfazed by the fact that he could be attacked at any moment. "By the way!" he called out, turning his head towards the four students. "I do want to be back home in time for dinner so don't expect me to stop."

It was at that moment, as Oberon had his head turned from the front of the group, that a large beowolf jumped out from the forest with its claws raised and fangs bared. Its intent was simple: attack and devour Oberon. As it that was the signal, dozens of other beowolves came growling out of the forest in hopes of ambushing their prey.

• Beowolves: 1 in the front, 10 coming from both the left and right, and 9 coming from the rear.
  • More howls can be heard from all around the group.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

L-Money

• View Profile
It was at this point that Billy knew that this was going to be a hard mission. Billy who had always had a bit of unease around Grimm, went into quickdraw mode. She fired two rounds into the one up ahead. Then turned to the forest and took two steps forwards before she fired one round into one more Beowolfe. As the professor started walking farther away, she decided to go close range, seeing as she felt like she can walk and hammer things at the same time with it. She ran to catch up with him readying her hammer.

"Come on!"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
"Huh, is that all?  I got the back nine!" Smokey called out as he flicked a switch on his revolver.  The chamber starts spinning as 6 more barrels extend outward, and the stock slides back to rest against Smokey's shoulder.  Now with his gun in volley form, Smokey takes a few steps towards the Grimm charging from the rear and takes aim, activating his semblance at the same time.

KA-KAKOOM!

The gun speaks.  It doesn't say much, but it doesn't need to.  The group Smokey aimed at is already annihilated, the Beowolf corpses already dissipating into that black mist.  Satisfied, Smokey switches the gun back to revolver form to reload and hustles back to his position behind Professor Oberon, still keeping an eye behind him to make sure he did in fact get all the Grimm in that volley.

Combat stats:
Aura: 100%
Semblance: ACTIVATED! 30 SECONDS REMAINING
Matchstick: 0/7  RELOADING NEXT TURN

Good News: On Standby
"Articles": 8/8

Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Mikado was already leaping forward as the beowolves chared out of the bushes from all directions. He braced his foot in the ground and threw the bo, blade first in his creature. The weapon left his hand only for a brief second, before he grabbed it with his other hand, activating the Kusarigama function. With the blade in the Beowolf, Mikado swung aside, seperating the Grimm from the blade and smashing it into another beowolf. In the same movement Mikado ducked under another Grimm, and attacked with the other blade of the Kusigama, giving the Grimm a horizontal slash from the abdomen to the head. As more of the Grimm rushed in, Mikado pulled the chain of his weapon back in and slit the remaining beowolves with a few quick movements, which then crashed to the ground behind him. The air around Mikado turned black as the grimm dissolved into black smoke.
That's it? He didn't even needed Kiro for this, but the howls he heard in the distance insured him, that there will be coming more soon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 11:13:12 PM by DEXES »

mylies43

• View Profile
The situation was quickly devolving from something decent to something, less than decent. The professor was going to keep walking in the middle of a battle making it much harder then it needed to be, and to make matters worse a beowolf was seconds away from causing the team to insta fail the assignment. Serin just counted his lucky stars as he sprang into action to reach the Grimm before it reached the professor and get it away. Spring forward he did manage to rather ungracefully slam his fist into the wolfs face to in order to push it away before stabbing at it with his other arm and finishing it off with a fatal slash across the back of its neck.

"You are not causing me to fail this assignment" He said as he fatally slashed the beowolf that was threating Oberon.

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Watching as each student did their best to take down the oncoming wave of Grimm, Oberon continued his nonchalant stroll through the fight. Seeing the first Grimm get wiped out by both Billy and Serin's attack, Oberon smiled and kept strolling along. Not bad he thought as he continued to take note of the team's battle formation and style. Looking over his shoulder briefly, he made a note on Smokey's rather impressive firepower. Hopefully the team can hold off the next few waves he thought as it was clear that this was simply the scouts of a much larger pack.

Holding his pen and notepad in one hand, Oberon pulled his canteen out and took a sip of the still hot coffee inside. It was at that moment that a deep, loud howl echoed loudly through the forest, followed by another barrage of softer howls. Looks like the Alpha is nearby he thought, writing down again in his notepad as he continued to walk onward. Maybe it would like to come out and play he wondered as the next wave of Beowolves came out, replacing the ones that were taken down. With nothing stopping them, the ten Beowolves on the left lunged at both Billy and Oberon, their teeth and claws bared, seeking blood.

• Beowolves: 20 dead. 10 on the right with 8 more coming behind. 21 coming from the left. 18 coming from behind. 9 coming from ahead.
  • Howls can still be heard from afar as well as a few deep growls.

L-Money

• View Profile
Billy didn't want to use her semblance, but to keep her professor safe she felt like she had too. She sent her lasso out to grab the closest Beowolfe to Oberon, and pull it into the other nine Beowolves lunging at them. This, in turn, knocked them off guard and into each other until they were all flying towards Billy. Billy was ready with the windup and knocked them with the hammer in their faces taking out 3 of them on the spot. Unfortunately, the 7 left were scattered and one of which was still on her lasso. So she quickly flipped her weapon back to rifle mode, stood in place, and did 7 quick shots into each of the remaining weakened Grimm. With 8 more coming behind her she had to reload fast.

Semblance: Active, 75% left
Long arm: 0/10

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Jeez, okay.  Maybe the forest really did need to be cleared out.  And they seem to be coming in waves.  Great. 

Smokey is kind of caught with his metaphorical pants down as he struggles to reload Matchstick before the group of Grimm approaching from the rear get to him.  He barely gets the last bullet in and the cylinder closed before the Beowolves are within arms reach.  Smokey switches the gun back into the volley gun from and uses it as a club to bash the closest Beowolf's skull in.  He starts to level his gun to take his next shot.

Combat stats:
Semblance: ACTIVATED! 25 SECONDS REMAINING
Matchstick: 7/7  RELOADING FINISHED

Attack log:
Skull bash with Matchstick

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

DEXES

• Personal Text
    The weirdo
    • View Profile
Mikado looked up from the Grimm he just killed, as more of them came through the brushwood to surround the group.
Let's get this over with, he thought to himself, as he gave Kiro, who somehow managed to stay on top of his head until now, a quick hand gesture, ordering him to attack.
The black dragon jumped off and landed on the ground, wings spread and head bowed. The now almost ten times enlarged aura creature then let out a roar, followed by an ice breath which paralyzed the Grimm infront, leaving an opening for Mikado to attack

Semblance: 100%
Kiro's Dustbreath (Ice) : 95%
Shotgun: 14/14
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:36:30 AM by DEXES »

mylies43

• View Profile
'Damn it why are there so many here' Serin thought as he took down another just in time for a second wave of Grimm to burst out the forest and lunge at the team again. He felt lucky that the rest of the team was doing fine so he could concentrate on his little area. While the Grimm wasn't quite on him yet he swiped open his right arm into crossbow while nabbing an arrow from his quiver and loading it in. Once loaded he fired at the second furthest one. Once the arrow left his arm he moved it back into blade form while charging at the nearest Grim stabbing it and using the moment from the charge to slam the body into the next nearest Grimm.

Normal Arrows: 7/8
Flash Arrows: 8/8