Author Topic: Chasing Shadows [Open]  (Read 22437 times)

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
Chasing Shadows [Open]
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:04:44 AM »
Azrail raced across the rooftops of Vale in the orange light of sunset. The streets had been far too crowded thanks to the Vytal Festival, so he was taking his own brand of shortcut. Two hours ago he had felt its scream, whatever it was, and it had come from Vale. Azrail had been searching the entire city since then, but everything seemed normal. Far too normal. The lightning reaper stopped on the crumbling roof of a defunct warehouse and sat down with his legs crossed and eyes closed. He could almost feel the light shift from a tired orange to an angry red. Blood had been spilled, he could feel it in the air. Suddenly the sound of sirens snapped Azrail out of his concentration. They were police sirens, and he could see lights as well. The cloaked figure rose, casting a long shadow over the ruined building he stood atop before dashing off towards the sound.

It was hard to keep up with police cruisers at top speed, but Azrail was using his weapon to great effect as he swung through the city. He finally caught up after a few minutes, but to his dismay, it had happened again. There was caution tape plastered over every conceivable surface and police officers swarming the entrance to a dark alley. Azrail stopped a few buildings away from the area in question and dropped prone on the roof of a rotting apartment complex. He knew if he got any closer, they would see him and force him to leave. "Come on, what are you hiding?" Azrail muttered as he waited.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

OmegaX123

• View Profile
Re: Chasing Shadows [Open]
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »
Wandering through the crowds, trying to find his way... anywhere in this new and bustling place, Martin noticed an area where there were fewer people. "Looks like a great place to go and get my bearings," he muttered as he pulled out a bright and colorful "Welcome to Vale!" pamphlet/map. But as he got closer to the area, he noticed it wasn't as quiet as he had thought, in fact it was right next to a swarm of police officers and caution tape. "Well this didn't work out too well, did it, Martin?" he asked himself under his breath, as he looked around for an actually quiet place.

One of the officers began to approach him, but before the officer was in earshot, Martin had clambered up to the rooftops - where he spotted another person. He began to call out, but noticed that the other person seemed to be exercising stealth, so he shut himself up and instead leaped - nearly falling, but just managing to catch himself - across to the rooftop the other person was perched on. "Hey," he whispered. "See what happened?"
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:36:45 AM »
Azrail was a bit annoyed that this newcomer had almost drawn the attention of the officers down on the street, but was glad he had recognized the need for stealth. "I wish," Azrail replied curtly and quickly. "First, names. I'm Azrail," he added without so much as turning his head.

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 12:37:19 AM »
Ophelia had been standing in line at a roadside dango stand wearing a white shirt, a black zipper hoodie, a pair of blue jeans, and black and white sneakers when her eyes managed to catch a glimpse of something streaking across the rooftops. Deciding to follow to see what was up, she sighed at having to leave her spot in line and headed into an abandoned alley. Reaching into her inside pocket, she pulled out her tactical visor and put it on before wall-jumping up and climbing onto the roof. Then, pursuing the figure, whom she saw was humanoid silently from behind until he stopped and lay still, she also saw that another boy joined him. Dropping down a hole in the roof and landing silently onto the weakened floor without so much as a creak, Ophelia continued to track them with thermal vision while acknowledging the police cars at the site.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:39:13 AM by Asterisk »

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 12:38:50 AM »
"Martin," he replied. "From Shade. I was in town for the festival, but this seems a sight more interesting."
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 01:16:19 AM »
Ophelia continued to observe from within the building.

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »
Griz had been taking a nap when the meetings were happening. The sun on this perfect day was practically lullybying him to sleep. That was until his highly tuned senses felt a Disturbence in the foooorce.Either that or the girl jumping up a building like a goddamn kangaroo on steroids. too curious to stop himself Griz walked into the building like a normal person using his speed to get upstairs completely unnoticed. Silencing his footfalls he tries approaching Orphelia from behind getting right next to her ear before whispering "Whatcha looking at?". Yes this could ONLY yeild positive results.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:01:31 PM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 11:08:48 AM »
Martin thought he felt eyes on him, but decided it must be his imagination. So what's the story? You some kind of... amateur detective or something? Or just a crime-scene fetishist?" He almost regretted that last part, second-guessing his decision to say anything in the first place, but let it slide as part of his 'cool funny dude' image.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 11:57:15 AM »
Already sensing Griz from behind, Ophelia just whispered, "Shhh..." before continuing to observe. "Damn. I won't get to see what they're up to with the police here." Walking to a window on another side of the building, she dropped down to the floor and performed a silent roll, hiding behind the wall of a building and counting the heat signatures, including everybody in the surrounding buildings. Holding her hand up to a door of the building, she quietly snapped her fingers, sending a jolt of static electricity through the lock before pushing up and opening the door.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 12:09:12 PM by Asterisk »

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 03:00:40 PM »
Griz not that surprised that she could sense him watched her resume her acrobatics. Hmmm police stuff eh? This could be cool!. Following her drop to the second floor he landed lightly on his feet and watched her freeze for a moment. He tried to see what she was looking at but to no avail. Sweat dropping a bit he saw her electrocute the lock on the door. "You could have you know...just checked if it was open." smiling a bit to himself he watched her open the door.
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »
"I'm just a kid who got too involved in something that I shouldn't have. Now I've got to finish what I started, and that means finding out what the hell's happening around here," Azrail replied coldly. "You really shouldn't be here. You came from Vacuo for a tournament, not this."  Suddenly his body stiffened and he whispered, "Don't look now, but I think we're being watched. We need to get off the rooftops." Azrail shifted into a crouch and then fired a spear/chain into the roof beside him. He then dropped off the side of the building and swung into the top floor window just below where he had been crouching. He retracted his spear/chain as soon as his feet made contact with the floor, and he was immediately face-to-face with a white-haired woman wearing a strange pair of goggles.

Azrail took a single step towards the window, intending to make a break for it, when a loud boom echoed out from the direction of the police site and froze Azrail. He was caught in a trap where he couldn't leave for fear of missing something important and couldn't stay for fear of the woman and the ram faunus standing behind her. He didn't get much time to assess the situation very well, however, because the boom was immediately followed by a low rumbling sound that was rapidly approaching their position from the direction of the police forces.   

Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »
"Wai--" Martin cut himself off, realizing he was making more noise than Azrail's stealthiness seemed to insist upon. He continued, whispering, "Wait up!" Taking the sword from his back, he swung it downward, while flicking the switch causing it to extend into polearm form, which he used to vault after the strange shady fellow. On landing, aiming low so as to follow the other in through the window, he got the distinct feeling that he'd landed in the middle of something...

Looking around, Martin spotted the very eyes he'd felt on him for the past little while. Collapsing Gradus Bellum back into its standard broadsword form and slinging it back on his back, he smiled sheepishly (sorry, Griz) at the new 'friends'. "Ah... Heh-heh-heh... hi?"

((EDIT: Fixed tense, switched to present-tense by mistake at the start and shifted back to past-tense midway, now it's all past-tense as intended))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:02:53 PM by OmegaX123 »

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 06:56:23 PM »
Sandy had been wandering through Vale enjoying a pleasant day when he stumbled across an awful lot of police tape that was clearly a crime scene. Not wanting to actually violate the boundary but far too curious what was going on Sandy activated his semblance to have a look and while he did notice the corpse he was more interested in the people he saw in a building nearby. spying on a crime scene eh. This could be interesting.

Firing a grappling hook at the base of the window Sandy pulled himself to it and then used the momentum to flip up and through the window. He had intended to land behind them but had misjudged his momentum and instead was firing a kick at Azrail's head.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:04:05 PM by arcus_gray »
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 07:05:11 PM »
In an instant, Ophelia was between Azrail and Sandy, blocking the kick with the back of her hand. "Alright, everybody calm down. What are you all doing here?" Hearing the rumbling sound, the lens on Ophelia's visor rotated, switching to x-ray vision as she turned to see whatever was happening.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:06:54 PM by Asterisk »

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 07:08:46 PM »
Martin moved to warn Azrail, but the observer had moved (not so much an observer now as an active participant, he supposed) to intercept the incoming kick. When she spoke, Martin turned and locked eyes with... her visor. He was about to answer, when he, too, noted the rumbling. His hand went instinctively to Gradus Bellum's hilt, as he dropped into a cautious stance. "I get the feeling we're all in the middle of something we may not want to be..."