Author Topic: Chasing Shadows [Open]  (Read 22445 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: Chasing Shadows [Open]
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 07:14:12 PM »
Sandy felt someone appear and block his unintentional kick and breathed a sigh of relief before he realised he was halfway out the window. Kicking off of the conveniently placed hand using his aura to drive himself further though probably really hurting the hand his main goal was to fire himself completely out of the window. Once he had propelled himself outside he quickly backflipped before re-grappling the building this time hitting the ceiling above everyone's heads and reeling in eventually winding up hanging upside down from it again.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 07:32:57 PM »
"Impressive," Ophelia said, still looking at whatever was coming before putting her hand down, which was smoking but otherwise perfectly fine. "The names Abigail Hunter by the way. Second year at Beacon, a pleasure. And I suspect that among you lot, possibly all of you, are also students."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:51:50 PM by Asterisk »

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 07:53:06 PM »
"Martin Roja," Martin replied, rolling the 'r' on his last name slightly. "From Shade, in town for the Vytal festival, but..." He smirked, but the perceptive would be able to see the nervousness behind it. "Found myself in a bit of hot water. Thought I'd be used to the heat, coming from Vacuo and all, but this is a bit more than I anticipated."
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 08:06:32 PM »
Griz finally rendezvousing with the others after taking the stairs...like a normal human caught the womans name...something was off. That women was definitely more then she seemed. High Tech equipment, sensing his presence, and potentially a fake-name? He had no basis for that last one just call it a hunch. He heard them chat for a while in place and sized them all up silently. He noted to stay away from Abigail, his fighting experience honed his instincts to be quite sharp when it comes to strength. Welcome to Vytl festival Martin! I hope you enjoy your stay and I can promise you that THIS doesn't happen everyday." Griz finished while smiling. Of course he was lying, mysterious and dangerous events happened all the time around BEACON but soothing a kids nerves never hurt. Hiding his hands in his oversized jacket Griz silently equipped his gauntlets. Whatever went boom earlier was definitely dangerous but it was that Abigail that worried him the most. Even so he wasn't too worried...just enough to keep his guard up.
  "The names Griz and you won't see me at the tournament this year but you might see me just sleeping around or playing music."
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:08:36 PM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 08:21:50 PM »
"Music, huh? You in some kind of band or something?" Martin assessed the assembled individuals to the best of his first-year, limited-field-experience abilities. A shadow, a mystery, a possible musician, and an odd duck, plus Martin himself. Quite the motley crew. "I'll be on the lookout. Always cool to take in the local flavor."
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »
Azrail could sense the kick before Ophelia had moved, and had combat rolled out of the way. Then he backed away from the crowd that had gathered. Not only was he feeling overwhelmed, but this wasn't the right time or place for a friendly meeting. He could feel its approach, and for the first time in a long while he felt fear. Fear not for his own life, but for the others that had joined him. As far as he could tell, none of them had even reached their third year of education, and if any of them died here, it would be his fault.

"Everyone out! GET OUT OF THE BUILDING NOW!" Azrail yelled as loud as he could and vaulted out the window and down into the alleyway that separated the apartment complex from the next building down the line. He planned to make his stand there, to buy some time so that the others could get away.

Meanwhile, Ophelia could see two distinct heat signatures. The rumbling sound seemed to increase as the first signature, vaguely humanoid but blurred, approached at high speed. The problem was that this signature was running through a whole row of defunct buildings. It was passing through what should have been stone and brick walls as if they were made of paper, and it was on a collision course with Azrail. The second signature was a huge wall of heat that didn't give off any particular shape and was moving after the first one, albeit much slower.
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 08:32:32 PM »
"Chill, man, what's..." And then... Martin felt it. More through his Huntsman's (in training) instincts than through any actual knowledge, he felt something coming. His hand stayed on Gradus Bellum's hilt, as his posture dropped from 'cautious' to full-on 'go time'. "Not sure we have time to get out, man," he quipped, "But maybe we should get ready?"

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »
"Dude, no." Grabbing Martin, Ophelia leaped out of the window Sandy had come in from and jumped off the opposite wall onto the roof, dropping him. Immediately spotting what Azrail was doing she back-flipped off, performing a corkscrew before landing and tackling him out of the way. "I'll hold it off. Back me up or run." Standing up with her hands in her jacket pockets, she turned to face the humanoid shape coming her way.

(Yes, I god-modded a little, but it was to save a life, as I know what's coming. PM me if you're not okay with it.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:33:37 PM by Asterisk »

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:47 PM »
(Totally cool with it, though young adventure-starved Martin himself may not be.)

It all happened too quick for Martin to react, by the time he knew what was happening he was out of the building. Whatever the quiet equivalent of a primal scream is passed through his lips, followed by a frustrated, disappointed sigh. This was meant to be a distraction, an excuse to be away from the crowds, and maybe just a bit of an exciting adventure, but now... he was left holding the hilt of his weapon with no threat in range. "Welcome to Vale, Roja," he muttered under his breath.

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 09:24:19 PM »
Sandy had been letting everyone talk and suddenly everyone bailed and he stood there bewildered until his own sixth sense registered what was coming. Unsure what it was Sandy threw an electric rave bomb in the direction it would be coming from praying it had something metallic before using his grappling hooks to fly around to Azrail and Ophelia. "ok. What the hell is going on?"
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2016, 09:35:53 PM »
Griz smiled wiedly as he felt the nightmarish presence drew near. Learning next to Orphelia, Griz drew his gauntlets to back up whatever plan she had in mind. Concentrating for a split second Griz let loose his control on his aura dipping into his extensive reserves. His aura started to become visual around him fizzing like a shaken coke bottle. He had 200% aura to work with, looks like all those naps were paying off. "Ok, I trust you Abigail I'm ready to give you assistance. I may be a first year but I'm a tournament champion so don't think il drag you down!" Smiling even wider this time he spoke to Azrail "I do freestyle jazz sometimes you should come check it out when you can!"
Directing his full attention towards the humanoid figure he stood strong next to Orphelia. He had gone toe to toe with some fierce fighters before. Now he would do what he does best, wait.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:38:09 PM by Timeworker »
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

Viventium Umbra

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 01:05:11 AM »
"Welcome to Vale indeed. Don't sound disappointed, you're not missing anything good," a new voice spoke from just behind Martin. "She meant well, putting you on the roof, but I think we're still a bit too close," Drevin spoke again.

Panic started rising in Azrail's throat. None of them knew what was coming, and he didn't want anyone else to need to face whatever it was. It was his job, and no one else's, so he leaped to his feet, stood in front of Abigail, his back to the rumbling, and said, "No, you don't understand! You need to get out of here! I can't have anyone getting hurt because of me! Don't try to be h-" Azrail didn't finish his sentence.

The brick wall behind Azrail exploded as a whirring mass of obsidian-black edges shredded through it, and the humanoid mass continued barreling forwards. Its head connected with Azrail's lower back, and the sheer force of the impact lifted the third year up. Azrail felt a thousand lacerations crisscross his entire back in a fraction of a second as the thing ran underneath him, its edges shredding through Azrail's cloak and even his carbon fiber armor. The real problem was when its shoulders passed under the backs of his legs, as Azrail felt an almost simultaneous twang and subsequent pain as both of his Achilles Tendons were severed. He hit the ground hard and a pool of blood began seeping out from countless injuries.

The thing continued on through the wall of the abandoned apartment building and destroyed a good portion of the inside as it ground to a halt and turned back to see what it had run into, the black blades stopping as it did.  It had completely ignored Sandy's bomb, which had been destroyed upon making contact with the creature done a lot of damage to an already unstable structure. The building creaked and swayed precariously, and Drevin was forced to crouch down just to retain his balance. The thing peered out at the world through lifeless orange/red specks, its eyes hiding in the mass of death, and snarled at the others who had gathered.

It was at this moment that Brond, with his semblance burning up at tier 3 approached the alleyway with the students and immediately put out his fire. It was obvious he couldn't use it so close to his allies. Then Brond saw Azrail and his happiness shattered in an unhealthy way. He would have let loose; he would have ended the wretched creature then and there, but he couldn't. He couldn't use his semblance. The giant bear faunus stood, angry and sad all at once, in front of the destroyed wall leading into the alley. He stared stared the thing down with a deep-set hatred in his dark red eyes, and the thing stared right back.

Almost simultaneously, three cop cars pulled up in a semicircle around the building and law enforcement officers leaned out the windows with their guns trained on the thing in the building.

"What the hell!? I thought this street was uninhabited!" one yelled.

"Well shit, it's supposed to be!" another answered.

Azrail could sense the innate dilemma in the situation, but he couldn't say anything; the pain was too overwhelming. But all the while a single passage floated through his mind. “When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard." Leave an outlet. Let it escape. Don't corner it, a cornered animal only fights harder.

Everything happened so quickly and in sequence that the whole thing only took a few seconds, but in the moment, those few seconds felt like an eternity.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:50:37 AM by Viventium Umbra »
My Characters: ShowHide

Azrail Duivel Kind (Deceased) 3rd year lightning reaper -  teamless
Reaper's Spear I summon thee
To smite my foes and enemies.
Lightning's wrath in darkness grasped
Delivers swift eternity.

-Azrail Duivel Kind
Drevin Srebra 1st year speed demon - #347C2C - teamless

Brond Osilgrin - #B22222 - fully fledged hunter/walking bonfire

Rix "Deadshot" Maradis (currently unapproved) 1st year coder/sniper - #157DEC & Tess #79BAEC - teamless

Project t17: restrained - glow #D41A1F color #121212 - the chupacabra of Vale

Zitham Degas - #E31230 - "At the end of the day, as long as there are two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead."

AMCA (ask my characters anything)

AMA (ask me anything)

My Weird Pseudo-Plot

Spoiler: ShowHide

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2016, 01:25:40 AM »
Martin barely had time to register (and nearly jump out of his skin from) the new voice, before he saw the... whatever-it-was... barreling through the building. Practiced reflexes  fired, and before the building buckled he leaped to a nearby rooftop. Adrenaline flowing, every fiber in his being telling him to attack or run, his legs opted for the latter option. Running from rooftop to rooftop, until he reached the edge of the abandoned area and dropped to the streets once more, only to wander into a little shop near the local Huntsman academy...

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 01:54:13 AM »
"I SAID BACK ME UP! NOT JUMP IN FRONT OF THE DAMN THING!" Ophelia yelled out after dodging out of the way, wincing at the sight of Azrail. Adapting an authoritative but calm tone, she pressed a button over her ear and started calling a few people, "Stella! Dispatch immediate first aid to my location, now! Victim has sustained heavy trauma! Camellia! Deploy Canisters to my location, half millimeter proximity warheads. Garrett! If you value the lives of your men, call them off, this situation is too much for Vale police to handle. The rest of you, get out of here!" Her visor folded upwards, compacting into a headband as she stepped in front of Brond, staring down the creature with even higher intensity than itself and said, "So, this is the Chupacabra of Vale." as multiple sonic booms were heard overhead and three rectangular devices flew, attaching to the stable parts of what was left over from the building behind them. Opening their doors, each of them revealed two rows of six missiles, twelve in total and 36 overall while acquiring the creature's heat signature (Azrail has seen their design before). Right afterwards, another sonic boom was heard and a black airship arrived, hovering over them. Shooting a few disc-like drones off, they quickly descended around Azrail. One latched onto his neck with a leech-like mechanism, scanning for any allergies before injecting in painkillers. A few surrounded him, activating Gravity dust and began levitating him upwards and into a set of doors that opened under the ship while simultaneously applying pressure to his wounds. Another drone was deployed from the ship, this one hovering in the air above Ophelia with a camera streaming footage back to Prometheus, as Asako scanned its body structure. Meanwhile, the radios of the police had sounded and they left the area to go ward off curious civilians.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 03:09:00 AM by Asterisk »

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2016, 07:05:55 AM »
Dodging out of the way Griz stood beside Orphelia and Brond. he saw the airship come down and Azrail get medical attention. Ok so that is definatly not a first year and if my memory serves me right that is a hunter by the name of...Brond? This is going to be harder than I thought. Glancing around to survey the destruction he saw martin disappear, getting out of the area. Griz put his hand on Brond's shoulder and said "Don't worry your friend is going to be alright, lets just make sure we don't have any more casualties. My aura gives me a nice damage cushion with my mastery over it so don't worry about me getting caught in crossfire." taking a breath Griz looked at Orphelia "You seem to know what is going on. Do you know what that thing is and any weaknesses? I think you said...Chupacabra?" Griz for the first time in a while was fully awake. He wasn't slacking at all being at full attention to his surroundings. That's when he caught the new appearance of Devin on the roof. Great more unknown variables is definatly not what we need right now. He just hoped that they all knew what they were getting into when they got into the area. He hoped he did too.     
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 07:11:13 AM by Timeworker »