Author Topic: Across the SALTy sea (Main Thread)(Closed but message if you want in)  (Read 20408 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Across the SALTy sea (Main Thread)(Closed but message if you want in)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 05:36:56 AM »
Sensing his first opportunity to stick a needle up Dorian's butt Aurum brushed aside the gesture to follow him and plopped onto his bed, arms resting behind his head as he opened his scroll and started scrolling over random videos on the internet. Taking a relaxed pose he even kicked off his shoes and crossed his legs while laughing obnoxiously to get Dorian's attention.

"Hey Topaz, take a look at this idiot, thinking he's the boss of those other guys. Yelling like a howler monkey on steroids, his face is turning sooooo red. Aurum cried, pointing at his scroll. Whether she or Avery resisted as well Aurum didn't care, this was his way of showing defiance and to make things better he'd only respond if the uptight Atlesian Boy-Wonder said please, which he doubted he would when it came to Aurum.

Aurum made a mental gamble with himself, if Dorian would ask politely Aurum would comply, if he got pissed, he'd get defiance. To make matters worse, in this case better for Aurum, he'd constantly prod at their newly elected leader to get the best reactions out of him. Like he declared earlier, he wasn't going to make things easy.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »
Avery watched as Saffron left and exhaled softly through his nose. "Hm, I wasn't aware this was being done in secret," Avery said as he began to gear up. "Is this facility classified?" he asked as he finished up. He looked at Aurum. "Oh and," Avery turned and walked past Dorian, whispering to him, "You're like a parent to him. Treat him as such". Avery hoped Dorian would get the gist of what he meant. "I'm heading to the next meeting point. C'mon, Tay". Avery shifted his mouth around, the unfamiliarity of that nickname making him uncomfortable.

"I don't like where this is headed," he muttered under his breath as he made his way to the dock.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 02:59:34 AM »
Taylor looked over at Aurums scroll and watched part of the video he had displayed on his screen, his comment got a small 'heh' but she too mad to get a reaction.  She grabbed some cold weather clothes from her closet before heading over to Dorian. After double checking, she had everything she needed Topaz reached into her pockets and pulled out a crystal and earpiece which she promptly handed to Dorian. "Don't lose these or you own me new ones. They'll make it a lot easier to stay in contact."' She grumbled before following Avery out the door, reading the rest of the mission details on her scroll as to decide how Lithium should be equipped.
Serin Avery = 1st Year Beacon Student[Team BSSM]
Topaz(Taylor) Stone = 3rd Year Atlas Student[Team SALT]

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 02:04:12 AM »
Honestly Dorian was expecting more resistance, two out of three wasn't bad, but it would look bad on him not to bring everyone. Shrugging at Avery's question Dorian explained. 'I don't know much more than what the headmaster told you but yea seems like they want to keep it under wraps. It's a lot of effort to keep everyone in their rooms so lets try to take advantage of it.' Dorian was still furious about the events before but quickly came to realise it would do nothing to keep lashing out now when everyone else seemed so hospitable. Well mostly everyone except for the twin Aurum. Taking a deep breath and Avery's advise Dorian tried to plead his case with the last bastion of defiance. 'Come on man, like that.... like your leader said I don't want this anymore than you do. The faster we get going everyone can go back to where they belong. Isn't that best for everyone?'

Dorian accepted the crystal gingerly. Being class mates for three years everyone had a vague idea of each others semblances although Topaz had remained a bit of a enigma. She had to have a semblance to remain part of the school even in the beast lead team. Dorian thought to himself as he examined the crystal closely, it looked just like any other except being of rather high quality. 'Is there somewhere specific I should wear it?' Dorian asked, he had other questions but his pride was keeping on track for now.

Now hopefully with the group on the same page Dorian opened the door and went out into the hallway gesturing for everyone to follow silently. Just as planned the fear of inspections had trapped everyone inside their rooms, not even the most rowdy first year would risk the headmaster's focused attention. 'We'll be swinging by the armoury, take only what you need. We will have to remain light for the mission.' Dorian whispered. He wasn't actually sure what the exact requirements of the mission was, Lovis had been annoying vague. Still Dorian wouldn't admit that in front of his team let alone these, in his mind, lessers.

'The ship is right out the door, try to get inside as quickly and quietly as possible, Aurum think about using your bubbles.' Dorian remarked condescendingly but still keeping his voice low. Quick in, quick out. Dorian repeated in his head as he walked back into the school proper.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 08:49:21 AM »
Aurum felt a bit dissappointed that Topaz and Avery left him to his solo  strike but nevertheless stuck with his plan. Surely if Saffron asked him nicely enough he would have followed eventually(after several death threats) but Dorian was just so....boring. He couldn't even get more than a condescending suggestion before he left the room and was now alone with his stupid prank videos and makeshift devices lying around.

Not wanting to get up, Dorian didn't say please as expected, Aurum lounged around for the meantime. If he really did need to rushhis bubbles were there and he'd be in the ship before they could even say Golden Time.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 03:52:15 AM »
Dorian looked at Avery as they all walked out of the room when he realised that Aurum wasn't following. 'Tried it your way, now it's mine. We aren't waiting for him. If he isn't here when we leave I wouldn't expect to see him here when you return.' Dorian remarked quietly through clenched teeth. This new conflict between the team wasn't something he was useful. This couldn't be another part of Lovis's plan, could it?' Dorian thought, hating the idea almost as much as Aurum's insubordination.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
Avery stepped aside to allow Dorian to take the lead as they made their way to the armory and ship. Aurum was nowhere to be seen. Avery sighed to himself, hoping that Aurum would just bite the bullet, but he also knew that when Aurum wanted to be stubborn, he could be outright defiant. "So be it," Avery said as he placed a hand atop his holstered weapon as a means to keep it from moving about.

Avery wanted to shout back at Aurum, but considering they were to leave undetected by their peers, he decided against it. Instead, using his free hand, he flipped out a scroll and typed up a message for him. [Our transport better not leave with you not in it.] He promptly set it back inside his pocket.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2017, 03:57:40 AM »
Topaz followed behind the rest of her "team" into the armory, picking up a couple extra crystals while down their before continuing the ship. After placing her stuff down she looked around the standard transport and came to the realization that Aurum still wasn't on the ship or in the pathway leading to it. "Man he's going to make this harder then it needs" She asked Avery. Dorian being the leader was enough, if Aurum didn't also come along Topaz was going to lose her mind.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »
Aurum read Avery's message and sighed, rethinking his little stunt. Sure he hated Dorian but this was probably going to be grounds for keeping him on the team for longer, and Saffron staying in Dorian's stuck-up little posse for just as long. He hated that fact that he had to cooperate with him, especially since the initial plan would have gone off so well had it not been for a little bad luck. He had to make a compromise somewhere but his pride didn't want it to look like he did it just because he said so. 

Just a few hours before the whole incident Aurum was doing some basic weapon maintenance on his highly convoluted weapon. The scales seemed to align perfectly now and a quick speed bubble would ensure all the checks would be in place without having to spend a few hours in real time. As he pondered on how he was going to show up at the ship a small spider crawled out from under his bed, a long legged thing that would probably freak out Topaz if she saw it. Cupping the insect in his hands he prepared to hurl it out of the window but stopped mid-way as that all so bright lightbulb in his head lit up.

Grinning at the spider then back at his weapon Aurum opened another speed bubble and got to work. "You got lucky this time around little dude, you just gave me an idea." He chimed, letting his long legged friend go, "Now, to reply to my all so serious brother." [Sorry lil-bro, but you won't catch me walking up that air-ship with my own two feet, especially with Dorian around. I've got my hands full for now but do not fret, I just want to do my own thing- in style]

Clapping his hands together he opened a speed bubble, finished his maintainance, and got to work. "Six feet off the ground should work, I wonder if Dorian is afraid of bugs."

Students

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2017, 04:37:09 AM »
Dorian is actually gone for quite awhile, more than enough time for Aurum to finish whatever he had planned. While waiting Saffron and the rest of Dorian's team quietly made their way through accompanied by an Atlas teacher. Although most of the group ignored Avery and Topaz but Saffron gave a small smile and wave before they all quickly filled out. Although she was putting on a brave face it was clear to her friends it was only that, an act to get through the mission as fast as possible. Atleast the rest of Dorian's team didn't seem as openly hostile as some might expect, whether it was because of the nearby teacher or simply game time nobody knew.

After five or so minutes Dorian returns with a slight frown on his face, just in time to see his team sail off into open water, he didn't say anything but his gaze did linger. Sighing heavily Dorian turned to Avery and Topaz and remarked. 'Looks like it's three, I wish I could say I expected more. Let's get on the boat and get this over with. If everything goes to plan it should only be a few hours. We don't even have to talk.' Noticeably more negative Dorian grabbed several clips for his gun as well as some extra vials of dust and made his way quickly to the ship. Having the actively slow himself out of a run as that would attract to much attention the Rothenberg scion cursed quickly under his breath. I'm sorry mother but this is under the headmaster's own orders.

The ship itself was a reasonably impressive specimen, as well kept as any in the Atlas fleet but also a sleekness present despite the ships massive size. And it was big, easily 200-300m stem to stern and no visible weapons simple a lot of room for storage. Not that there would be any weapons invisible either, designed to be part of a convoy Lovis was taking a risk sending students out on such a vessel. The ship that Saffron and co left on was much smaller, a proper combat ship which would clear the way and double back at the first sign of trouble.

DALT's ship
Spoiler: ShowHide

Saffron and Co's ship
Spoiler: ShowHide

Getting to the ship itself Dorian quickly gets to work activating the various automated systems and making sure they are running within acceptable levels. He was also regularly taking white pills from an unmarked container when he thought no one was looking. Although what Lovis said was true the ship is designed for a smaller crew but it was still more than three and there was plenty of work for all present members to get the ship ready. Once it seemed primed for departure Dorian called over the intercom. 'Two minutes before we get out of here, just letting the engines warm up, I'd try your brother again if I was you.' Dorian's voice seemed more stressed than before and it was strange that he was giving Aurum of all people a second chance. Both Avery and Topaz would also know that 'letting the engines warm up' wasn't required on this craft.

Even hours out from the storm the sky was getting cloudy, the sun had been cut off and the ordinary freezing Atlas temperature plummeted even further. On the positive side a light patterning of snow had started to fall both disguising their escape and adding a kind of holiday feel to the whole thing. Dorian set himself up on the bridge seemingly forcing himself to look out into the sea beyond.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »
Despite the situation, Avery couldn't help but admire the sleek design of their vessel. "Is this one of yours, Rothenberg?" Avery remarked, inspecting the ship by poking at its hull. Avery walked to the side of the vessel facing the sea and watching as Team 2 left ahead of theirs. He sighed and adjusted his scarf as the frigid sea hair blew inland.

Avery regrouped with the others, just in time to get Dorian's next message. Avery caught Dorian's tone as well and had no doubt in his mind that it was intentional. He again got  phone and sent Aurum a message, making sure to keep it concise. [5]. "You're so gracious," Avery said. He smirked as he placed his scroll back where he retrieved it.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

mylies43

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 01:52:00 AM »
Topaz watched as the other team went out to sea in a much faster and better-armed boat than the one she would be riding on, once they disappeared into the ocean she headed into the ship examining it for anything of interest but finding nothing. It was a nice looking ship but it didn't seem to have a purpose other than cargo, begging the question of why they were being sent out with it? After hearing Dorians message Topaz headed to the engine room to examine them, she knew that they should be good to go without heating up but figured examining the engines might hold her interest long enough to be given a task. Who knows, maybe having some knowledge of the engine could come in handy?

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 09:51:08 PM »
     One thing was certain, Aurum had a taste for the extreme. Ever since they arrived in Atlas he always wanted to do things that differentiated himself from his brothers. Avery was the mostly calm type, Sovereign with his extreme sense of justice, and him with hid pranks and foolish antics. Sure he wasn't exactly big brother material, he was spontaneous, always needed to be looked after,  and always got in trouble, but not without getting a laugh or two in, be it the bystanders or his own. Avery and crew seemed tonhave boarded already as Dorkian lead them along. Aurum caught a glimpse of a rather subdued image of his own team as he scuttled along his new weapon modification around the corridors towards the docking area.

Waiting for the rest of the team to get inside he quickly maneuvered his contraption into place and with the use of a quick speed bubble or two, managed to avoid detection. The ship looked more like a bullet than a sea vessel and Aurum struggled to get his machine inside with its sheer height, but managed just fine as he detoured to the roof and laid there for the meantime.

With a quick tap on the roof he stood his contraption to full height and shrieked with an over-the-top girlish scream,  trying to get the attention of the team. If they did go out they'd get a look at a Aurum and his ridiculous mechanical spider legs, made of his weapon parts, as he sat in a harness, feet never touching the ground.

Students

Professors

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 05:30:46 AM »
'I don't believe so Avery, my family seems to focus more on aircraft in the past couple of years but I'm sure it will do regardless.' Dorian responded. Although it wasn't one of the Rothenburg creation Dorian was very happy with it compared to the much smaller vessel his team left on. Looked far more stable and durable. And stable, the stability was an important asset. Most of the functions for the ship where automated only requiring overseeing from personnel to continue as long as nothing went awry. There was however basic information regarding the manual operation on both the craft itself as well as more detailed stored on the student's scrolls.

Dorian allowed himself a small smile as the drifted out of the harbour, maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all. The ship was so large he could almost forget he was on the sea if he kept his vision a bit higher than normal. Unfortunately his reprieve was broken by a woman screaming impossibly from on top of the hull. Perhaps slightly on edge Dorian immediately slammed the emergency lights, flashing lights and a quite but high pitched screech filled the ship. 'Topside now.' Dorian called out over the message system. Regardless of his uneasiness at sea Dorian wasn't going to show cowardice in front of two fellow students even those he considers lesser.

It would be hard to put into to words the disappointment Dorian feels when he sees Aurum standing smugly on top of the boat. Not even giving the jester a word beyond a disappointed sigh Dorian returns inside, now a fair bit out of the harbour they can risk going at higher speeds and Dorian used it as an excuse to get away for a while. Deeper water was full of all kinds of weird and wonderous creatures, dark shapes could be seen from the side of the ship and odd sonar signatures come in. The occasional bump against the side of the hull sent Dorian's teeth rigid and maybe-not-waves off in the distance.

After an hour the blizzard Lovis had warned had almost engulfed the ship.
 Ice and rain beat heavy down onto the hull and massive waves smashed rocked the boat side to side. Dorian had long since withdrawn to the lowest point of the ship until his voice once again came through the speakers. '...Radar is playing up ...but...looks like ...somethings approaching... fast. Go check on it, I'll go check the weapons.' Dorian muttered barely audible over the crashing storm. Through the naked eye nothing much could be seen except for the frequent flashing of lightning and strange odd splashes of colour.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 05:39:01 PM »
"Yeah, that's right," Avery said as he made his way into the interior of the ship. "Have you considered branching out?" Immediately after finishing his question, a scream traveled down from the top of the ship. Even without Dorian's order, Avery hustled his way up and found a site to behold: Aurum in a spider-like contraption. "How did you even-," Avery cut himself off. "Nevermind, you don't have to say anything." When Dorian turned his back, Avery gave his brother a thumbs-up.

Avery spent the next hour looking out over the ocean, thinking about the situation that laid ahead of them. They were going quite a distance away from civilization, and any mistakes out here could mean the end of everyone. He shrugged off the thought. Was he getting cold feet now of all times, he thought. "You can take that pun and sh-," Avery was cut off again, this time by Dorian relaying a message over the speaking. He found the nearest voice-comm panel. "I'm heading to the bridge now." He released the button and made his way up.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting