Author Topic: Showing Off in the Sun [Closed]  (Read 1315 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Showing Off in the Sun [Closed]
« on: June 15, 2018, 09:54:24 PM »
The weekend at Beacon Academy. It was a beautiful day - the sun was shining, birds were singing, and a light breeze was blowing just enough to keep a person cool in the warm sunshine. Instead of hiding himself away in one of Beacon's many training halls, Albrecht Clodwal had taken the opportunity to train outdoors. A slightly quieter spot on Beacon's front lawn, but still within view of passing students, for any of those who he knew would want to watch such a masterful display of skill. Shedding the characteristic trenchcoat and hat, he whirled in shining circles as the light glinted off the well-kept steel, practicing a routine meant to account for multiple opponent at once. It'd be impressive, if it weren't for the ridiculously cheesy "banter" he spouted as he practiced

"You walk a fine line, my dear opponent! But what you don't seem to understand is that it's my cutting edge you're balancing on - and soon, one way or the other, you will fall to my sword! No, that doesn't quite work..." He pauses in his routine, biting his lip, before inspiration strikes. "You will slip, and cut yourself on my blade!"
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 11:39:42 PM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ArosFarron

• View Profile
Re: Showing Off in the Sun [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 08:53:40 AM »
Walking between classes, still in awe over everything in the outside world, Blair noticed a student practicing off in the courtyard. She walked over to him and watched from a distance. He looked strange, talking to himself as he shadowboxed. She understood the need to keep limber and in fit form but she did not understand why he needed to talk to some false foe. Grimm would not talk back, nor would they stop an attack to hear a Hunter speak in witty remarks. Removing her helmet, she walked closer to hi. "Hello, might I ask you why you are talking while you are fighting? Do Grimm really feel intimidated against words like that? She placed her helmet on the ground and smiled. "I'm Lady Blair Valka. It is an honor to meet you." She bowed.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Showing Off in the Sun [Closed]
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 11:46:17 PM »
Albrecht starts a little, pausing his sword routine to look up in annoyance at whoever interrupted him - but his expression changes significantly at the sight of the woman taking her helmet off, a slightly-off smile creeping onto his face as his eyes immediately focus on the pair of wolf ears atop her head.

A faunus, and a pretty one at that. Perfect.

"Hello, my lady!" Albrecht cheers, immediately turning about-face to Blair. One hand holding his sword clasps across his waist, while the other goes behind his back - he immediately bows at the waist, paying no attention to the fact that his hat seemingly falls off with the motion. "I'm so glad someone of your presence decided to join me, an audience of the your nature is only suiting for one as I. What I'm perfecting is the art of combat banter, your ability to distract your opponent through words that equal in sharpness to my words. Admittedly, it's less effective against Grimm, but some traditions must be held." He nods in approval of himself, before gesturing to her. "I must admit, my fair lady - why are you wearing such a suit of armor on a day like this? Wouldn't you overheat? You may be much more comfortable without it, I'd imagine."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8