Author Topic: Phantom of the Festival(Closed)  (Read 2843 times)

ArosFarron

• View Profile
Phantom of the Festival(Closed)
« on: June 09, 2018, 08:45:14 PM »
As Liliana Blossom was leaving her classes for the day, she received a phone call from a number she knew all too well. It was her old manager. She had been trying to ignore him for the past couple weeks. She sighed and answered the call. "Lily, baby, how are ya? Listen, I know you're retired and all, but how would you like to do one thing for me? A couple of my other clients are in a music festival and they would love to have you be a headliner, preforming through out the days, and also judging a contest for new bands. What do ya think? Just think about. Hell, I'll even through in some free tickets for you to give out to people you know. Sleep on it and give me a call. Talk to ya soon." He hung up before she could even speak. She thought it over and looked at the numbers on her scroll, which for someone of her caliber was actually low. Eventually, after contacting some of those numbers, she called her manager back. He agreed to what she wanted and sent the tickets and even arranged a limo to take them to the festival. As she was waiting for the others, she went over various set lists and became zoned into her music.
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Phantom of the Festival(Closed)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 08:32:33 PM »
It'd been quite the surprise to hear from Liliana Blossom, an old acquaintance in the world of celebrity culture, but Azre could hardly be surprised. The retired star had spare tickets to a rather-exclusive music festival, and she'd needed the backup - and nobody shined in the spotlight more than the infamous Azre Sundown, master saxophonist. It'd hadn't been hard to pack up from Shade for a few days and fly out, leaving his twin sister behind for once in his life - and here he was, modified saxaphone case thrown over one shoulder, padding his way up to greet the fellow celebrity.

If could get off the phone with his sister, already.

"Are you sure you remembered to pack everything, dearest sister of mine? You're so much better at ammo regulation than me, all I know is how to plug it in to Saxobeat. I'm fairly sure I was short at least one fire catridge last practice round, alongside two ice ones - well, yes, I am capable of checking for myself, but you took it upon yourself to check before I left, so you're bound to have the most accurate count. You are the one who does all the orders, after all! Yes, well, I know I've been meaning to learn, but I've just been so busy with the schoolwork, you can't seriously expect me to - wait, Erza, don't hang up up on me! I-" The call ends abruptly, and Azre stares dejectedly at his scroll for a moment, before shaking himself out of it - and turning to face the other woman he'd approached.

The ever-charming smile makes itself present on his face, and any stray hairs on his temple seem to disappear - almost automatically, Azre's activated his semblance, making him appear as perfect as ever - especially to appear so in the presence of another child of fame. He makes a gasping sound, as if he's just seen Liliana, before taking it upon himself to bow at the waist, offering the woman his hand before straightening back up. " Miss Blossom, my dear friend! It's such a delight to see you again, I can't help but thank you for extending the invitation for today's festival - such a wonderful opportunity to get out of dear, but dusty Shade."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:27:33 PM »
Saffron was greatly enjoying her final couple of days off since travelling to Vale to take part in the switcheroo fights. The far more temperate climate made it the perfect weather to see a concert and as luck would have it there was one on. Although there was concerts back in Atlas but like most things all the way up north it was a much more composed affair, usually a single performance or if not only a handful of opening or closing acts. That's not even talking about getting in, the academy usually offered tickets in return for security work but that would require being in uniform and there not being many other students with Saffron's tanned skin or  thick red hair meant most knew who she was and what she was. A little bit ashamed of thinking such negative thoughts of her homeland while overseas Saffron quickly jumped straight into the festivities; sampling as much of the food, music and atmosphere as possible. The later was the biggest difference different kinds of music, different kinds of food and different kinds of people all intermingling was a new experience for Saffron and she loved every second of it.

One moment Saffron was listening to a mellow dream pop track, eating some Mistrali desert while discussing failed relationships and the futility of love with a couple of fellow faunus and the next she was chanting along some party anthem a couple decades old. Not touching alcohol, Atlas training on that matter still held strong, Saffron was still having a marvelous time. After spending a few hours taking it all in the Atlas student head to the main stage, looked like something special was about to start.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Solar was far from home, though as someone who preferred to wander from place to place, she didn't really have a place to truly call home anyway. How exactly did someone with barely any Lien to their name travel half way across Remnant to the opposite end of the continent? Stowaway. Someone would be bound to come looking for her but in the mean time, Solar explored the second kingdom of Remnant, Vale.
More specifically the lively musical festival that happend to be going on and naturally attracted her curiosity. Colors, lights, smells, and sights. Solar didn't have enough eyes and ears to take everything in. There were instruments making noise she'd never heard of. Lights or every color that mesmerized her senses. And one crowd in particular seemed to be gathering a large amount of people's attention. Curiosity driving her Solar drifted towards what looked to be a stage with preparations being made. "Hey is something gonna happen up there!?" Solar asked the stranger next to her who happend to be Saffron.
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:47 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:16:22 AM by . »

ArosFarron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 09:57:59 PM »
Lily smiled at her old friend. "Hey. I hope you're ready. They're waiting for us. Let's get in the limo and get going." She opened the door for him and waiting for him to get . Once they were both on board the limo, the driver took them an hour away to the festival. Once they arrived, Lily made her way past her agent and to the dressing room she was given to get ready for her opening number. She changed out of her usual outfit into a more elegant dress for the opening. She placed her flower headset on and walked to the stage. The MC saw her and began the festivities.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, I welcome you all to this year's Remnant Music Festival. You are all in for a treat this year. We have, exclusively from Beacon Academy, the one you all paid for, the one, the only Shining Blossom. Please welcome her to the stage. She's agreed to come out of retirement for this festival only, so make her feel welcome. Ms. Blossom, please if you would, grace us with your music." The MC seemed to get the crowd going well enough that her nerves of performing again left. She walked onto the stage and took a bow. She looked around to see a band that was prepped with her set list for the weekend. She took a deep breath and began to sing
Dwelling in the silence, fading into white
Life so psychedelic, living a dream, we’ve nothing to fear
I’ve disowned the darkness, and that deadly dance
I’ve had enough – but can’t wake up

PLEASE ONE LAST CHANCE

I WANNA BE WHITE, WHITE NOW

I don’t wanna lose my voice
I don’t wanna fade away
So they can see the truth, aim to repaint these days
Take aim, and hit the mark – that white, hypnotic spark
Now’s the time to rise one,

I WANNA BE THE WHITE, WHITE LIGHT

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

Feel it under your flesh, programed in your blood
One day we will devour, all of the pain and bitter remorse
Our chains of dependence sow themselves in deep
We gotta help each other
GO, LOVE TO LOVE 
I BELIEVE IN WHITE, WHITE NOW

I don’t wanna lose my way
I don’t wanna walk that line
Always giving in too soon, breaking down when you could shine
Return to white once more – Return and be restored
Now’s the time to rise one,
I WANNA BE THE WHITE, WHITE LIGHT

NA NA NA NA NA

No one knows right from wrong
No one knows dark from light
Add a layer more of paint; until the world’s set right
Go on, with all your might – But none can taint this white
It’ll stay forever pure

I WANNA BE A WHITE, WHITE LIGHT

NA NA NA NA NA
 NA NA NA NA NA
Merletta Yoru: The Shadow Hunter
Liliana Blossom: The Maven of Song (Team REBL)
Lady Blair Valka of Felwinter "The Lady of the North
Alexander Noire

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 02:26:00 AM »
'The main event I believe, some pop star turned Beacon student.' Saffron responded happily, her eyes lingering a few moments on Solar's horns. 'An impressive singer, or so I'm told, it should be well worth the wait, Miss...?' Saffron continued effectively asking the other faunus'es name. Flicking her red hair off her shoulders which had settled Saffron offered the newcomer her hand, to Saffron Solar looked quite out of her depth and the Atlas student was more than happy to provide an anchor. 'Come on they look like they are starting soon, let's get get a good stop nice and close.' Saffron remarked, a determination in her eyes saying she wasn't likely to take 'no' for an answer.

As the song started Saffron started to dance along with the beat, her yellow-red sari looking more like a spinning stop as the song got faster. Laughing loudly as she went Saffron beckoned Solar to join her, matching the other girls movements. As the song ended Saffron breathed a heavy sigh and turned back to her new friend. 'So where are you from anyway, that isn't exactly a Valish accent.' Saffron asked pulling a small water bottle out of her purse and taking a quick drink.

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »
The ride to the show had been smooth for Azre, idly chatting with Lily about one thing or the other. It was once they arrived to the venue however that he'd declined the invitation to slip backstage, instead opting to disappear into the crowd. Even if he likes to perform, and loved the applause more, this was Lily's time to shine - unless she invited him onstage for a Saxaphone solo. But meanwhile, it was time to get a taste of what the festival really had to offer: the people.

Slipping offstage and into the crowd wasn't difficult, and threading the edges as he worked his way backwards wasn't particularly difficult. Out of the corner of his eye, the perfect opportunity presented itself: a young blond woman, standing alone in the back. The music's faint enough back here that talking shouldn't be too hard of an opportunity... "...if I can guess, vodka martini? Excellent choice, if I do say so myself."
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 09:52:09 PM »
"I'm Solar!" she replied to being asked her name. She looked a Saffron's extended hand for a moment perplexed by the sudden hospitality from a complete stranger. To her the offer was strange but she accepted it nonetheless, after all she knew she needed a guiding hand.
When the music had started Solar wanted nothing more then to sing to it. But without knowing the lyrics she could only recite back the chorus, and that was enough for her. "I wanna be a white, white light! Na na na na na!" as she danced to it, her movements were mixed with the way she fought. She punched, kicked, and spun around many invisible opponents. "I'm from Vacuo! Well originally from a village outside Vacuo but close enough" despite her answer being inaccurate, she felt more connected to the world by saying she was from Vacuo then a remote isolated village no one had heard of. As she answered she found her self copying Saffron for some reason when she unconsciously brought her own flask of water to her lips.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:22:16 AM by Ordelis »
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 07:58:49 AM »
'It's a pleasure to meet you Solar. My name is Saffron.' Saffron responded warmly, glad that the other faunus accepting her hand and followed the huntress in training closer to the center of the stage. Saffron wasn't quite able to keep in her laughter at Solar's dancing, although there was no malice it was still impolite and the Atlas student tried to right herself before it got too obnoxious. 'I suppose that is one way to tear up the dance floor Solar, but Vacuo huh hope you aren't Vale too cold.... Well I suppose desert nights are also cold but you get the idea, I have the opposite problem Vale is far warmer than Atlas.' Saffron continued slightly teasing then almost immediately falling over her own words.

'So have you been at the concert long? There are definitely some things you should check out before they wrap up, it's crazy how many different acts they have. Nothing like what we have back at home, organised and formal.... which aren't bad things of course but sometimes it's nice to see a change.' Saffron asked tapping away at a rather bulky device wrapped around her left wrist.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 11:21:53 PM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 12:41:21 AM by . »