Author Topic: Brock Greenwood  (Read 13937 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Re: Brock Greenwood
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 11:03:01 PM »
Yes, because essentially what you're saying is his aura is normal leveled but can take three times as much damage. Trying to hide the fact that he's three times tougher by saying it's at normal levels doesn't make any sense and feels like an excuse to have a tougher than normal character. Essentially you're saying he can take three times as much damage, then after a minute he regains half his aura again making him some sort of super tank.

Nerf that. At most he'd be slightly tougher than normal but nowhere near twice as much unless by virtue of a semblance.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »
Mmmmkay. Changed it to 1.5 times as much damage. Is that more potable?
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 01:31:52 AM »
After taking it up with other mods it turns out recharging 50% of your aura(and your guy's a tough tank) is a bit too much and frankly we can't exactly trust you to play it out fair after the issues we've had with your rping and characters in general. I advise changing it to something that actually fits his personality since he's not exactly a meditative monk. Semblances are a manifestation of a person's aura which is their soul which is determined by their personality and all that jazz.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 08:53:54 AM »
Why would 'be able to rebuild yourself' not fit his personality? He's pretty much done that when his mother got killed, and still does it by meditating - which allows him to be mostly carefree and not worry about the future.

Nerfed semblance to 30%.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 01:48:06 AM »
I meant not fit because his PERSONALITY section itself says nothing about being a meditative giant who rebuilds himself anew every morning.

Get the memo?

Also, 30% should be fine with the same restrictions.

Approved
Students

Professors

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 06:07:50 PM »
pre-edit: ShowHide

CHARACTER

Name: Brock Greenwood

Species and Gender: Male human

Symbol: A single flame set within a thin ring, everything brick red (#9C2F00)

Appearance: At 2.11 metres/6'11" and 164 kilograms/362 lbs, this leviathan of a man has several things in common with earthquakes: he's gigantic, the ground shakes when he gets going and he makes very low frequency noises. He has unsurprisingly chiseled muscles. Not unpleasant to look at, his features can be described as "masculine and somewhat sharp". His most definitely tan skin shows his Vacuo heritage. His black hair is barely capable of covering his ears, and he usually tries to keep it out of his eyes' way. Said eyes are a very dark brown, just light enough that you don't have difficulty making out the pupils. He his right-handed. Even though being tall is fun and all, he regularly suffers from light joint and back pain.

Brock can, more often than not, be seen wearing a white tank top, black combat boots and dark grey (#4C4C4C) cargo pants. When the weather's on a rampage, he'll wear an ankle-length, undyed leather coat with hood which he usually keeps open - unless the rain is being driven into him. His school clothing is the standard Beacon uniform, be he doesn't wear the tie or jacket, only wearing the dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to above the elbow. If being fancy is mandatory, he'll put on a black suit with white undershirt along with a tie that's the same orange as his weapon and black leather shoes. His pyjama consists of bermuda-like, black shorts with a hint of a floral design on them in a pale shade of grey. When going into combat, he wears a sling with two slots for Dust canisters and a spot to latch Uloe onto. Currently, however, he's got sod all ammo to go into the canisters, so he doesn't bother bringing them along.

History: Brock's father and mother met in Vacuo, his father having decided to live there for some time to prove himself to the family back in Vale and his mother, having lived on Vacuo all her life. Life for them was a bit tough, but they managed and were happy. When Brock was about 6, his father got a call that the old man had finally decided to retire and, doing so, had given him the reigns of the family clothing shop. The trio therefore moved back to so that he could take over the business. Brock's mother adjusted well to her new surroundings, rapidly making acquaintances and friends throughout the neighbourhood.

The happy little family didn't last too long, though. When Brock was 10, his mother was killed in a White Fang bombing. The child was, like his father, heartbroken. He decided to help to put a stop to the madness and, from that day onwards, strived to become a Hunter. Taught by his parents that you have to work towards what you want, he worked at the docks to bring in his own share of dough, helping to pay for his education - although it wasn't quite necessary. This line of work helped him develop a large amount of muscle. He studied hard for everything during his time at Signal, consistently scoring higher than average. He also chose to put his developing strength to good use, making it the core of his fighting style.

On normal day, after working for the whole time there was light outside, the 15 year old Brock came home, cleaned himself off from the accumulated dirt and grime and went to the backyard to take a rest. Meditating in the grass like he did after every day, he lost himself to the emptiness of his mind and opened his eyes after about ten minutes. Something felt off: he didn't just feel better, he felt way better. Trying it again after having his Aura depleted during a practical class at Signal, he found that his Aura had completely regenarated. When the time to pass the Beacon exam came, his scores turned out to be pretty good, but nothing impressive.

Personality: Brock isn't the sharpest tool in the shed - as with any good sledgehammer, he doesn't need to be. This means that even though he can probably throw you really high, he pours hours into study time to make up for his lack of wits. He's not so far gone as to be stupid, though, as he's got quite a knack for common sense - most of the time he isn't in combat, anyway. Although he, knowing exactly what he's capable of, comes off as cocky and slightly arrogant at first - because he is - and has been known to sometimes have a rather corrosive humour, once you get to know him, you'll find a friend that you can rely on in the most dire of times. He's also a little impulsive from time to time.

Aura and Semblance: Even though he's a behemoth, since size doesn't really matter, Brock has a rather average Aura. He has, however, spent the entirety of his time training Aura by honing its capability to tank hits. This makes him far tougher than normal, as he is easily capable of withstanding over one and a half times as much punishment as others his size.

His semblance is Rebirth: when he wants to use it, he must meditate for an entire minute without being interrupted (a pat on the back will do that, but softly placing a hand on his shoulder won't). When the minute is up, his semblance activates, instantly bringing his Aura back up by 30%. After his semblance activates, he won't be able to use it again for three hours. During these three hours, he will be weaker and will only be capable of hitting half as hard as usual.

Combat Behavior: Unless someone else has an actual plan, Brock will charge in and ruin everyone's day with Uloe. He may seem to be swinging wildly, but he calculates every movement to try and land a hit with every stroke. Sure, he may leave himself a bit open, but one false movement and you will take a very, very hard blow. He's also bloody massive, which makes him slow to swing, dodge and generally move in an emergency, making the zippy fighters out there prime predators to him.

If his target is too far away for him to run at, he'll try to close in by any means necessary. This is mainly due to the fact that he currently can't afford ammo for Uloe's second form, otherwise he'd open up and light the target like a bonfire.

WEAPON

Name: Uloe

Primary Form: A very large hammer. The handle is over a meter and a half long and the head is at least 25 centimetres in diameter as well as over 40 centimetres long. Its surface is a metallic, reddish orange (#E95300) and has 2 lines of black paint running on each side of the handle, as well as 2 others marking the sides of the head. A small version of Brock's symbol can be seen on the head's left side, towards the front. It is very heavy.

Secondary Form: The handle pivots, now coming out of the head's front instead of the bottom. It then splits in 6 and two small additional handles flip out of the head. The minigun takes about 3 seconds to reach full speed. The noise and recoil are immense, but Brock barely breaks a sweat, although he needs to be properly positioned.

Dust Functions: Uloe's minigun form uses large, armored Dust round canisters as clips, enabling it to fire about 1000 rounds before reloading becomes necessary. A small mechanism towards the front of the head allows him to apply extra effects to the rounds.
- None/Off: EWISOTT
- Fire: Makes the rounds incendiary.
- Fire + Kinetic: Makes the rounds explosive. Can be set up to act as low-yield flak.
- Kinetic: Makes the rounds even more powerful. The recoil becomes almost impossible to control, although Brock barely manages.
- Ice: Freezes stuff after it hits.

History: Uloe was made by Brock while he was at Signal. When he first tested it out, he swung it at a large, block-like boulder of armor stone that lay in the school's combat yard. The sound of the impact was deafening, and the armor stone split in three. A teacher ran up to the yard and, seeing Brock wielding the large hammer, joked that he thought he heard thunder, giving Brock the idea for its name.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 06:53:03 AM »
Did the thing.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 07:57:26 PM »
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »

CHARACTER

Symbol: A single flame set within a thin ring, everything brick red (#9C2F00)

Appearance: At 2.11 metres/6'11" and 164 kilograms/362 lbs, this leviathan of a man has several things in common with earthquakes: he's gigantic, the ground shakes when he gets going and he makes very low frequency noises. He has unsurprisingly chiseled muscles. Not unpleasant to look at, his features can be described as "masculine and somewhat sharp". His most definitely tan skin shows his Vacuo heritage. His black hair is barely capable of covering his ears, and he usually tries to keep it out of his eyes' way. Said eyes are a very dark brown, just light enough that you don't have difficulty making out the pupils. He his right-handed. Even though being tall is fun and all, he regularly suffers from light joint and back pain.

Brock can, more often than not, be seen wearing a white tank top, black combat boots and dark grey (#4C4C4C) cargo pants. When the weather's on a rampage, he'll wear an ankle-length, undyed leather coat with hood which he usually keeps open - unless the rain is being driven into him. His school clothing is the standard Beacon uniform, be he doesn't wear the tie or jacket, only wearing the dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to above the elbow. If being fancy is mandatory, he'll put on a black suit with white undershirt along with a tie that's the same orange as his weapon and black leather shoes. His pyjama consists of bermuda-like, black shorts with a hint of a floral design on them in a pale shade of grey. When going into combat, he wears a sling with two slots for Dust canisters and a spot to latch Uloe onto. Currently, however, he's got sod all ammo to go into the canisters, so he doesn't bother bringing them along.

History: Brock's father and mother met in Vacuo, his father having decided to live there for some time to prove himself to the family back in Vale and his mother, having lived on Vacuo all her life. Life for them was a bit tough, but they managed and were happy. When Brock was about 6, his father got a call that the old man had finally decided to retire and, doing so, had given him the reigns of the family clothing shop. The trio therefore moved back to so that he could take over the business. Brock's mother adjusted well to her new surroundings, rapidly making acquaintances and friends throughout the neighbourhood.

The happy little family didn't last too long, though. When Brock was 10, his mother was killed in a White Fang bombing. The child was, like his father, heartbroken. He decided to help to put a stop to the madness and, from that day onwards, strived to become a Hunter. Taught by his parents that you have to work towards what you want, he worked at the docks to bring in his own share of dough, helping to pay for his education - although it wasn't quite necessary. This line of work helped him develop a large amount of muscle. He studied hard for everything during his time at Signal, consistently scoring higher than average. He also chose to put his developing strength to good use, making it the core of his fighting style.

On normal day, after working for the whole time there was light outside, the 15 year old Brock came home, cleaned himself off from the accumulated dirt and grime and went to the backyard to take a rest. Meditating in the grass like he did after every day, he lost himself to the emptiness of his mind and opened his eyes after about ten minutes. Something felt off: he didn't just feel better, he felt way better. Trying it again after having his Aura depleted during a practical class at Signal, he found that his Aura had completely regenarated. When the time to pass the Beacon exam came, his scores turned out to be pretty good, but nothing impressive.

Personality: Brock isn't the sharpest tool in the shed - as with any good sledgehammer, he doesn't need to be. This means that even though he can probably throw you really high, he pours hours into study time to make up for his lack of wits. He's not so far gone as to be stupid, though, as he's got quite a knack for common sense - most of the time he isn't in combat, anyway. Although he, knowing exactly what he's capable of, comes off as cocky and slightly arrogant at first - because he is - and has been known to sometimes have a rather corrosive humour, once you get to know him, you'll find a friend that you can rely on in the most dire of times. He's also a little impulsive from time to time.

Aura and Semblance: Even though he's a behemoth, since size doesn't really matter, Brock has a rather average Aura. He has, however, spent the entirety of his time training Aura by honing its capability to tank hits. This makes him far tougher than normal, as he is easily capable of withstanding over one and a half times as much punishment as others his size.

His semblance is Rebirth: when he wants to use it, he must meditate for an entire minute without being interrupted (a pat on the back will do that, but softly placing a hand on his shoulder won't). When the minute is up, his semblance activates, instantly bringing his Aura back up by 30%. After his semblance activates, he won't be able to use it again for three hours. During these three hours, he will be weaker and will only be capable of hitting half as hard as usual.

Combat Behavior: Unless someone else has an actual plan, Brock will charge in and ruin everyone's day with Uloe. He may seem to be swinging wildly, but he calculates every movement to try and land a hit with every stroke. Sure, he may leave himself a bit open, but one false movement and you will take a very, very hard blow. He's also bloody massive, which makes him slow to swing, dodge and generally move in an emergency, making the zippy fighters out there prime predators to him.

If his target is too far away for him to run at, he'll try to close in by any means necessary. This is mainly due to the fact that he currently can't afford ammo for Uloe's second form, otherwise he'd open up and light the target like a bonfire.

WEAPON

Primary Form: A very large hammer. The handle is over a meter and a half long and the head is at least 25 centimetres in diameter as well as over 40 centimetres long. Its surface is a metallic, reddish orange (#E95300) and has 2 lines of black paint running on each side of the handle, as well as 2 others marking the sides of the head. A small version of Brock's symbol can be seen on the head's left side, towards the front. It is very heavy.

Secondary Form: The handle pivots, now coming out of the head's front instead of the bottom. It then splits in 6 and two small additional handles flip out of the head. The minigun takes about 3 seconds to reach full speed. The noise and recoil are immense, but Brock barely breaks a sweat, although he needs to be properly positioned.

Dust Functions: Uloe's minigun form uses large, armored Dust round canisters as clips, enabling it to fire about 1000 rounds before reloading becomes necessary. A small mechanism towards the front of the head allows him to apply extra effects to the rounds.
- Fire + Kinetic: Makes the rounds explosive. Can be set up to act as low-yield flak.
- Kinetic: Makes the rounds even more powerful. The recoil becomes almost impossible to control, although Brock barely manages.

History: Uloe was made by Brock while he was at Signal. When he first tested it out, he swung it at a large, block-like boulder of armor stone that lay in the school's combat yard. The sound of the impact was deafening, and the armor stone split in three. A teacher ran up to the yard and, seeing Brock wielding the large hammer, joked that he thought he heard thunder, giving Brock the idea for its name.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »
Symbol added, successfully pimped character sheet. Even added author's credit!
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 07:29:49 PM »
Damn, I wish I had a symbol that sexy.

Edits approved.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2018, 05:18:05 AM »
pre edits: ShowHide
CHARACTER

Symbol: A single flame set within a thin ring. Courtesy of Dr. Gustave.
[spoiler]

WEAPON

History: Uloe was made by Brock while he was at Signal. When he first tested it out, he swung it at a large, block-like boulder of armor stone that lay in the school's combat yard. The sound of the impact was deafening, and the armor stone split in three. A teacher ran up to the yard and, seeing Brock wielding the large hammer, joked that he thought he heard thunder, giving Brock the idea for its name.[/spoiler]
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2018, 05:52:52 AM »
Added a combat theme.
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 01:37:45 AM »
Edits approved.
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade