Author Topic: Tongues of Fury [invite]  (Read 11897 times)

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
Tongues of Fury [invite]
« on: April 12, 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
Ugh. Another day another pain in the butt. Wisteria never liked it when she had to replenish her dust reserves but running out right in the middle of a sparring session literally left her aching all over. It didn't help that she didn't do well in melee in general but standing  blankly thinking a fireball would come out only to get a tiny tinder really caught her off guard. Maybe setting a portion of the library on fire throwing burning literarure at two idiots didnt help with that.

After receiving her package out front, a good few refill canisters, Wisteria sighed and trodded along, not paying attention to her path. Most often people would actively avoid her when she had this much dust; they already did when she had a small amount in her gloves, but several canisters worth of angry elemental projectiles would certainly be something to worry about. And anybody who made her trip and spill it would be getting way more than just a bad scolding. Or scalding.

Every now and then Wisteria would hear other students talking about her temper. It wasn't her fault people were dumb as rocks, is it? No. They're inherently stupid thinking that jusy because she's a petite framed female that she'd let fools have their way with her. More than once did she have to visit the disciplinary office for starting fights but luckily she never caused any real harm save for property damage which was almost always fixed the same day by someone with a good repairing semblance of sorts.

Hearing some random guy mention her name with a certain derrogatory term akim to a female mutt, Wisteria turned and threw an encyclopedia from her bag at record speeds straight at the  bastard, losing track of where her cart was going and soon enough the thing found itself rolling down a slope.

Realizing too late that her supplies were getting away she shouted and took chase, tripping on her own feet as the cart started picking up speed towars a crowd of people downhill.
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Ayaka Miyamoto - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Tsubame Gaeshi!" - Team ALIA
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Talen de L'eglantine - 3rd Year Student at Beacon
Kei Almas - 4th Year Student at Beacon - "Everything is ripe for the taking!"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors
Professor William Nox - "To contain the world in a grain of dust

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
Re: Tongues of Fury [invite]
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:09:54 PM »
The sudden shout was more than enough to alert the people in the area, including one that stood at the bottom of the slope. Lyssa turned and looked blankly at the runaway cart, blinking twice as she watched it come in her direction. Some idiot must have been absolutely careless, she thought to herself as she began to scowl. Seeing as it was coming right towards her, she believed that she had reason enough to kick the damn thing out of her way. Not for one moment did she consider what exactly was in it. With her temper clouding any rational thinking, Lyssa pulled her leg back before swinging it from the side towards the cart.

Usually, when she was mindlessly kicking things, those things wouldn't violently explode. Once the shopping cart did exactly that, the blast of elemental energy easily knocked her off of her feet, sending her tumbling backwards across the ground. After coming to a stop, she could only lay there for a moment, dumbfounded by what had just happened.

'You really are a dumbass.'

At first, she was confused. Naturally, it only took a matter of seconds for that feeling to shift into an instant and uncontrollable buildup of rage inside of her. If the owner of the of that rolling bomb hadn't been stupid enough to let it go right then, that explosion probably could have been avoided. At the very least, it could have been someone else's problem to deal with. Letting out a groan, Lyssa reached under herself to draw her rifle, propping it against the ground to support herself as she slowly rose to her feet. That blast took a bit out of her, for sure, but at this point she was practically running off of her anger. Once she was standing again, she brushed a little dirt off of her uniform's skirt before beginning to march towards the origin of the cart. She quickly spotted a certain someone that looked like they had just lost their personal belongings in the explosion.

"You there." Lyssa looked down at the purple-haired girl, rifle still in hand as she gave her a stare of absolute contempt. "Tell me... Did that belong to you?"
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 06:54:57 AM »
A whole cart of dust gone in an instan, all because she lost track of it and had it roll towards some hot headed idiot. Luckily the person in question seemed fine, despite taking quite a beating from the blast a second ago, and started glaring at her. Not knowing whether she should apologize or not.

Seeing the crater where her months supply of dust went she glared back at the older girl, practically a foot taller as well, and answered "Yeah, and you just blew it up you dumb oaf!"
Students
Wisteria Lockheart - 1st Year student at Beacon. "Don't make me throw a book at you"
Shiroe Pendragon - 1st Year Student at beacon - "This is my monochrome reality" - Team MARS
Lavender du Lac - 1st Year Student at Haven -  "The harder I try the further things drift away."
Vermilion Desdemona - 3rd Year Student at Beacon - "Only time you'd be above me is when your head rests on my pike"
Aurum LeBlanc - 3rd Year Student at Atlas - "Lay back, take it easy, and watch the comedy unfold"

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 07:44:50 AM »
Lyssa scowled at the much smaller girl as she was insulted, all the while trying to keep her temper at a reasonable level. With what had just happened, that was proving to be extremely difficult. Closing her eyes for a moment, she let out a long sigh, soon returning her gaze to the woman in front of her. While she was keeping herself at a level where she didn't yet feel the need to clock her, letting out some or that anger was inevitable.

"If you had paid attention, we wouldn't be here right now, would we?" Lyssa crouched down, now at eye-level with the young woman. She didn't know how easily intimidated the girl was, but she wanted to test that. "Are you going to say sorry?"

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 08:36:14 AM »
" Oh I will," she replied, arns crossed  and gaze unwavering "but only after you say sorry and pay for my months worth of dust that you so carelessly blew up! Who in their right mind would kick a cart full of highly volatile dust!?
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 09:12:11 AM »
"I'm sorry that you're blind and braindead." Lyssa stood up tall again, rolling her eyes as she listened to the request. This girl really had some nerve, didn't she? 'Don't lose your cool.' As entertaining as it would be to fight the girl, she knew that she'd be at a disadvantage after that explosion.

"You're not getting any money from me, nor pity. Too bad you didn't bomb someone that gives a shit." Using both hands, she gestured down at her school uniform, which was now dirty and slightly burnt in a few spots. "If anything, you owe me. You've ruined my clothes, and my day. Be glad I haven't bashed your head in."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
Your clothes would'nt be ruined if you hadn't triggered an explosion in the first place! she argued, glad that the explosion probably weakened her. Wisteria probably wouldn't be able to take her on without any dust anyways. "besides, I'm sure the cart would have rolled to a stop eventually. That or someone who wasn't such a muscleheaded brute would have caught it properly.
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
Lyssa was visibly angered further as she was called muscleheaded. That wasn't far off from the truth, which she knew, and that only made the insult more effective. Closing her eyes briefly, she took a deep breath, trying once more to calm down. The last thing she wanted to do was to prove that point more than she already had. Looking down at the girl again, she forced a smile.

"Listen, uh... Whatever your name is. We're obviously not going to reach any sort of agreement here. I'm not going to pay for your stuff, and you aren't giving me shit. So, I'ma get going," she pointed over her shoulder with her thumb as she spoke, "Because this is a waste of my time." Taking her weapon, she slung it over her back again before placing her hands on her hips. "Maybe you could go around and ask for charity! I'm sure there's lots of people around here willing to help out a little kid." With that, she gave Wisteria an intentionally degrading pat on the head and started to walk off in the opposite direction.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 09:56:19 AM »
With all due honesty Wisteria didn't really care about getting her money back, she also didn't care that much about her dust getting wasted. What she did care about at the moment was that smug brute or didn't seem to give half a damn about destroying her property. Sure it was somewhat her fault but a simple apology and she can't even manage tht much? No way she's going to let this slide, not while her temper was still seething and her mood way in the red.

"What, scared I'd kick your butt so you're just going to turn tail and run away? Or is that skull of yours too thick to get it in your head that you still owe me a cart of dust? Wisteria taunted, her voice condescending and in all ways meant to annoy. "Must be hard processing all that's going on right now since you're too stupid to comprehend it. What if I said it five times slower, maybe that'll get through. Maybe you snorted too much dust back there, thats bad for you, you know? Then again I guess babies can't help but stick random things in their mouths and noses!
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 10:06:39 PM »
Lyssa wanted to keep acting like she didn't give a damn, she really did. The cockiness that Wisteria possessed was making that very, very difficult. She knew that it would be basically impossible for her to let the girl get the last word in.

Reluctantly stopping and turning to face the other woman, Lyssa scowled at her, keeping the distance that she had made between the two of them. She could stand there and be called dumb and slow all day, but being told that she'd get her ass kicked was beyond outrageous to her. Especially considering that it was coming from this one. Perhaps she was letting her pride get the best of her, but she didn't seem to care.

"Alright, you fuckin' leprechaun. Don't be so sure of yourself. I could beat you with one arm." She didn't want to think about it, but there were a few potential disadvantages if she did actually decide to challenge the girl to a fight. Lyssa carried only a single weapon with her uniform instead of her regular combat vest. Only one magazine for the gun she did have. No dust, unfortunately. That stupid cart did a number on her aura, though that probably was still useable. "And I don't know why you think I'm the only dumb one here. You let the cart get away from you. I mean, I'm not the one that carelessly mishandled explosive materials like some sort of disabled person." At this point, she had nearly forgotten that the two of them weren't alone, and as such wasn't filtering her speech much.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:08:24 PM by Metroidhunter »

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 06:43:51 AM »
"Well, newsflash, you shouldn't be kicking other people's stuff in the first place!  We're in a school where people carry explosives around like it was the damned Great War and you expect to  hit a cart full of Remnant knows what the heck is inside and not cause damage of some sort? This isn't exactly the training area where lugging your damned weapons and feet around randomly to smack some dummies to feel better about yourself won't cause property damage and self inflicted harm!" she rebutted, her words rapidly coming out in an eveb fiercer tone. If this bitch didn't blow up what dust she had left she might have started hurling icicles by now. Crossing her arms in a smug manner, more to piss of the other girl rather than feeling confident, Wisteria spewed even more insults in an insultingly haughty tone
"Oh, that must be it. You can't actually fight properly so hitting inanimate objects must be your only way to satisfy your urge to use those msucles for brains of yours!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 06:51:59 AM by Xarias Fury »
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »
At this point, Lyssa herself had begun to doubt her argument. It was stupid to kick the cart. Had she maybe taken a moment to consider any other option besides hitting it, she would have probably ended up using her semblance. Creating a barrier to stop the cart would have been almost effortless. Knowing that she had acted stupidly didn't result in any sort of positive reaction, of course. She only grew angrier. Still, this girl was still a bitch, and she did carelessly handle explosives in public. As for the questioning of her combat skills, that was what truly pissed her off. This brat couldn't be any higher than a second year, for sure. Continuing to disregard her lack of preparedness, Lyssa reached behind herself and drew her rifle once again, still glaring at Wisteria.

"You talk a lot of shit. Something tells me you won't back that up. If I'm such a bad fighter, then prove that you can kick my ass." The gun she held remained at her side for the moment. Trying to fight her here wouldn't be the best idea. Not only that, but there was also a chance that she would refuse to spar. "Come on, this will be entertaining." Despite how enraged she truly was, Lyssa put on a smug face, doing her best to play it cool.

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »
Shit. What did I get myself into this time? Wisteria thought, her continuous halting the second the rifle was pulled out. Judging by the height and features of the girl inquestion, she could very well be a third or fourth year student. In short not to be taken lightly. Wisteria's glare softened to a scowl and her hand itched to just throw the nearest damned book she had at this bitch. Unfortunately, she already wasted her dictionary on a random loser, and some of her other reading materials went flying off into the distance, having been in the cart a moment before.

She'd definitely lose but if one thing was for certain, she still had her wicked tongue. Not that it wohld matter once she got shot at. In fact it might make things even worse. She had to think it over, maybe borrow some canisters from someone or even apologize or persuasion or-

"Ha! Resulting to petty violence just because you're in the wrong? You really are a brute. And a filthy one at that."

Too late
Students

Professors

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »
Watching Wisteria's reaction, Lyssa became slightly more confident in her intimidation. She began to walk forward, stopping close enough in front of the girl so that she could look down at her again. At this point, she had started to forget about controlling her temper and was letting it leak out.

"I'd be more than happy to!" Her annoyance by this girl was quite obvious at this point, seeing as she was gritting her teeth when she wasn't shouting. "You'll be the filthy one once I wipe the fucking floor with you! Or, you can still back down. Like a bitch."

Xarias Fury

• Personal Text
    TWo MilKmen go comedy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »
Wisteria grinned at the teeth grinding girl in front of her. Clearly she was annoying her but that still didn't mean she won the argument. Resisting the urge to backdown she puffed her chest up rather imposingly for her small stature and smiled despite her furrowing brow.

Scoffing out loud she said, "Are you sure you want to pick a fight with me? You're barely standing after that explosion. Oh don't worry I'm sure somebody is going to help you pick your butt up. After it takes a good whooping from me!

Way to seal the deal,Wisteria. Picking fights with a fourth year, and with no dust to boot.
Students

Professors