Author Topic: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]  (Read 14590 times)

Kaliot

• View Profile
Re: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
With nothing more to say, Airi sighed and stood her ground beside Lyra. "Mother, what am I even doing?," she muttered under her breath, only just loud enough for Lyra to hear albeit unintentionally.

It wasn't that Airi didn't have faith in his combat abilities considering his accomplishments during the Vytal Festival, she just didn't have faith in his outlandish pursuits. She turned toward Lyra. "Well, I have no clue where this path is going to bring us so...," Airi turned her head back to Sovereign, "be prepared for anything".
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:51 PM »
With a bright smile on his face, Sovereign seems extremely pleased by the fact that he's free to do what he wants. He's slightly less pleased at getting a chaperone out of Airi, but he can make it work. "Great! Let me melt the guy out of his icy cage and make sure the cops come by to pick him up." Sovereign hurries over to the frozen criminal and quickly melts the ice off of the criminal.

Once the ice melts down - leaving the criminal with a wet suit - Sovereign quickly picks up the criminal by the arm and slams them down to the ground behind him. That should be enough to keep him down until the police comes by. Looking around in the environment he's currently in, Sovereign finds the optimal bystander to call for the police and hold the gangster down.

"Hey, can you guys make sure that the police come by and pick this guy up? Thank you!~" With a grin, Sovereign looks back to Airi and Lyra, giving them a "follow me" gesture before running off into the direction the hideout would be.
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 06:09:09 PM »
Airi tightened her cap, making sure it wouldn't fall off as a result of her chasing of Sovereign. She turned back to Lyra and gave her a quick nod before following after the vigilante.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 09:58:50 PM »
Lyra still didn't know what to think of this strange man, and she wasn't sure if they should follow him when he asked them to go along with him.  Nonetheless, Lyra saw that Airi seemed quite comfortable with him, or at least sufficiently so.  As a result, Lyra elected to trust Airi and follow along.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 12:41:23 AM »
While Sovereign was running, he did peek behind him to see if the two were actually going to follow him. To his surprise, they actually did! However, the thought of Airi following him did make him kind of nervous since he can easily get busted if he messes up while he's on her watch. Regardless, Sovereign sped away so that they have enough time to take down criminals AND get dinner. Preferably without Airi being present because she is a complete downer.

"COMMENCE PLAN A!" Which is essentially no plan since Sovereign just barged in and dive kicked one of the cannon fodder into a wall. Recovering his footing from the dive kick, Sovereign quickly eyed the shmucks around him, deducing that there is currently twenty five people surrounding him, and around twenty three of them are cannon fodder. With a grin, Sovereign knew he can probably deal with the two mercs on his own (but it's not very preferable). Not knowing how much space he had put between himself and his current allies, Sovereign decided to buy a little time and distract some of the poor gangsters by using his wind dust to push all of them back with force.

(OOC: Do you guys wanna do an official combat system or just try to keep it reasonable without worrying about numbers?)

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
Airi was running out of stamina but the boy was still going; he was far too energetic for her to handle, though that should've been obvious from the beginning. Finally, he reached the destination. Unfortunately, when he kicked in the door, it was filled to the brim with 'gangsters'. Hopefully his info wasn't bogus or he'd be hurting a lot of sketchy but otherwise innocent people.

By the time she caught up, Sovereign had already (sort-of) initiated combat. Airi reached down toward her waist to grab her rapiers, but they weren't there. "Tch." She stamped her feet against the pavement, thankful that she at least had her greaves. Otherwise, she'd be close to worthless in a skirmish, even against people these people who didn't have as much training as her.

Airi rushed up beside Sovereign and raised her fists in a defensive stance. "I hope you're right about this."
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 05:22:37 AM »
Lyra was the last to reach the building, and thanks to her rather weak constitution, she was all out out of breath.  Standing just outside the threshold of the door that Sovereign had kicked in, she watched the boy and Airi get to work against the occupants.  At least at the onset, she didn't notice anything particularly threatening about the people inside, so she wondered if Sovereign's intel was correct, significantly doubting him.  Either way, Lyra wasn't in a position to contribute anything, so she kept minimal attention to herself, waiting for aura to be spent so that she could harvest is for her own attacks.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 12:18:43 AM »
Sovereign with a big smirk on his face looked towards Airi, "I'm always right!" Looking back to his opponents, Sovereign charged recklessly towards the area that was concentrated the most with gangsters. From his actions, the gangsters screamed in fear as they quickly brandished gunblades to fire at Sovereign. With a smirk, Sovereign swapped to ice as he creates a wall of ice between him and the enemy. Listening to the bullets hit the ice and the enemies trying to scramble away from each other, Sovereign showing off how surprisingly nimble he is as he flips over the wall of ice (he winced in pain from the action). One of the cannon fodder managed to react fast enough and strike Sovereign, however Sovereign just took the blow and redirected the cannon fodder - by throwing him - to one of the mercs. With a tsk, the merc jumped over the flying body as she brandished a greatsword before starting to slowly approach Sovereign. The other merc took a glance at Sovereign, then looks towards Airi and Lyra, signalling some of the grunts to come over and take them on.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2018, 03:12:33 PM »
The fact that the gangsters seemed to fear Sovereign made her worried, though her more immediate worry were the approach of some grunts to take on Airi and Lyra. Airi readied herself as one of them charged at her. The brute threw out a vertical swing which she was able to easily dodge; compared to her duelist peers, these guys were like drying paint. Still, they were decently strong and one hit could possibly spell disaster for her so she still had to be cautious. Airi responded by landing a rocket kick to the back of her attacker's knee, causing him to kneel to the ground, and followed it up with a rocket kick to his head which made him no longer viable for combat. She turned toward the remaining grunts and returned to her stance.

"Don't make me hurt the rest of you".
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »
With the approach of the grunts, Lyra stepped behind Airi, hiding behind her teammate.  However, as Airi stepped forward to engage the gangsters, one took the opportunity to focus on Lyra.  Slowly backing, Lyra hastily withdraw a dagger from her outfit at her assailant and timidly brandished it at him.  "Don't come any closer.  Stay back!" she warned him, though her voice lacked confidence, and her defensive display was overall quite unconvincing.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 01:40:01 AM »
Hesitating at first, the grunts slowed their advance on the two, until the merc leading them was currently giving them the evil eye. Immediately, the grunts charged at the two hoping that numbers will give them the advantage in combat, trying to swipe at the two with their gunblades. As for the merc himself, he picks up a pipe as he charges up a ball of ice infront of him that is ready to be hit as if it was a baseball.

As for the grunts Sovereign was dealing with, he chucked them around enough where they should be down for the count. The merc with a greatsword on the other hand, immediately charged towards Sovereign. With a grunt, Sovereign blocked it with his gauntlet, using his fire dust to blow up the area in front of the merc's face. As a result, the greatsword user felt her sword blast upwards, she frowned before slamming Sovereign with the side of the blade. Not able to block it, Sovereign essentially flew over towards Airi and Lyra, eventually getting back on his feet and skidding.

"How is it on your end?" While it does seem like there is more trouble than how he is usually prepared for, Sovereign does not stop grinning with confidence as he's sure that they'll prevail in the end, albeit with some pain.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
Airi maintained a defensive stance as once of the grunts sent Sovereign on over to the pairs location.

"How is it?" she asked. She bit her lip as she watched a few of the grunts, at the behest of what appeared to be the two head honchos, quickly close in on them. "Troublesome. Lyra, get ready".

With what was essentially the flip of a switch, Airi activated her aura and laid upon everyone in the vicinity a huge normal force that increased in strength the closer the target was to her. Unfortunately, Lyra and Sovereign were within arms reach and would suffer from the full strength of her semblance. The grunts that were quickly closing in had slowed if not froze entirely; a couple of their knees buckling, unable to withstand the her. The remaining, should they make it to melee distance of Airi, would be met with the same severe force being felt by Lyra and Sovereign.

Airi felt as if her life force were being completely drained from her. She didn't want to use her semblance with so many targets around, but as she was without her weapons, she didn't have a choice.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 10:19:04 PM »
Lyra was holding her dagger our against an encroaching and menacing thug when all of a sudden, she felt a powerful force compelling her to drop her knees.  From experience, she knew this was Airi's semblance.  Trying to move her head so that she could look at Airi, Lyra her in a bit posture of intense concentration.  Not at all trying to resist the force, Lyra simply let herself lay flat on the ground.  However, as Airi had instructed her to get ready before using her semblance, Lyra understand what was going on and closed her eyes.  Focusing on her own semblance, she could feel the  wisps of free aura radiating outwards from Airi as she expended her aura to power her semblance.  Similarly, Lyra could feel also feel the wisps of aura being expelled and cast free from the grunts that, not understanding what was happening, tried to best to resist Airi's semblance, thus expending their own aura in their struggles.  Without any movement and in the depths of concentration, Lyra felt herself reaching out and grabbing these streams of free aura, bringing them back to her, and a sense of both comforting familiarity and empowerment welled up inside Lyra.

Before long, Lyra felt the force keeping her flat on the ground ease up before disappearing completely.  With that, she got up off the ground and faced the group of grunts.  With a quiet, but forceful voice, she said to Sovereign, "take care of her," referring to Airi, who seemed utterly exhausted by the use of her semblance.  Lyra now physically reached out with both hands towards the aura streams that she now perceived, and an eerie purple glow surrounded her hands.  Having brought the free aura under her control, she focused them into shape, and a quintet of basketball-sized purple spheres manifested, orbiting around Lyra.  With a domineering look in her eye, she gazed over the field of brutes and thugs and thought to herself of the limitless ways she could play with the new toys present before her.  A barely perceptible smile crept across her face.

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
"Sounds great. Wait, what are you- Oh not this again." Sovereign lets himself smash into the ground after being brought to his knees, recognizing the ever familiar feeling that Airi brings around when using that semblance of hers. Fighting against it would not be beneficial, but at the same time letting hitting the ground face first was not fun. As the feeling eased up, Sovereign started to prop himself up, scanning his opponents for the most incapacitated, but also for those that still had a large threat potential. The grunts were still up and about, but they looked like they can be taken down with ease. As for the two bigger fish, they seem a tad bit stunned from the effect. Almost ready to lunge with a burst of speed, Sovereign stopped himself after hearing what Lyra asked of him. However, he didn't even need to think of a reply. In fact, with a huge smile on his face, the only reasonable response was:

”Trusting your senior? How adorable!"

Looking at the two experienced thugs (which he now donned as pipe boy and greatsword girl), Sovereign quickly swapped over to his ice dust reserves. Picking up the collapsing Airi and put her on his back comfortably, Sovereign created spikes of ice and sent them towards pipe boy. Pipe boy tried to dodge them, but only slightly succeeded as some of the spikes hit his left arm. In retaliation, pipe boy slammed the ball of ice with all his might, as if it was a baseball, towards Sovereign. In some measly attempt to dodge it and close the distance, Sovereign felt it hit his left shoulder hard. Normally, he’d start complaining about the pain, but with a cocky grin Sovereign couldn’t help but mouth off while divekicking the poor boy into the warehouse’s wall, ”This is Sov Airlines, housing one passenger known as Airi, please excuse the minor turbulence!” Taking the brief moment of rest to ready up, he can eye severely beaten pipe boy try to get up, as greatsword girl is starting to rally the rest of the grunts (which is not much at this point), ”Get your stupid asses off the ground and get ready to swarm the girl!”

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 06:17:29 AM »
Greatsword girl ordered the rest of the grunts to attack Lyra, but she was not deterred in the slightest.  When she wielded the enormous power of her semblance, such concerns were trivial and almost beneath her.  With absolute concentration, she sent forth three aura spheres at the closest approaching grunts, keeping two close to her should any defensive need arise, though Lyra doubted the necessity. 

One sphere moved in between a trio of grunts, appearing almost completely motionless as it cut through the air, undisturbed by its surroundings.  Coming to rest in between the three, its passive appearance ceased and instead, it suddenly launched itself erratically between the grunts, severely battering them as its unpredictable motion made it look like it had a malevolently berserk will of its own.  Meanwhile, the other two spheres spiraled around each other in a helix, apparently targeting a pair of grunts, before each morphing shape.  One did a simple transformation, changing from a sphere into a large cube, before it proceeded to fly into a grunt, knocking him off his feet and crushing him against a wall with its flat face.  The other morphing sphere also abandoned its spherical form, but unlike the other member of the helical pair, this one began to rapidly stellate, becoming a stellated polyhedron in the shape of a Moravian Star.  As it did so, it rapidly flew at the other grunt.  However, before making it contact, it stopped short in front of the grunt.  An audible sigh of relief could be heard from the grunt, as he must have figuratively (or maybe actually) urinated his pants watching his fellow grunts being battered and crushed mercilessly.  The grunt would get no reprieve, however.  The stellated polyhedron began to rapidly rotate its faces, and as it pressed against the grunt, the edges of its faces began to lacerate him, cutting first against his aura, then breaking through it and gruesomely ripping and tearing through flesh.

As the constructs continued on with their onslaught against the grunts unlucky enough to get caught in the initial engagement, they began to absorb the streams of free aura that were being released as a result of the grunts attempting to utilize their aura to defend themselves.  The more the grunts struggled, the more they fed the constructs, and it began to become apparent as the constructs grew ever so steadily in size and darkened into deeper shades of purple - the color of Lyra's aura.  The entire scene must have been a grisly one, but Lyra remained unperturbed.  With so much aura available, she was in control, and so was her will to dominate these grunts who have offended Airi, Airi's strange friend, and herself.  Restraint was not a word that she knew.