Author Topic: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]  (Read 14587 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Re: An Afternoon Downtown [Closed]
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2018, 08:48:37 PM »
Looking at the havoc Lyra is creating, Sovereign could only watch in surprise as she started to tear through flesh. Face shifting into a sheepish grin, Sovereign could only think, Oh dear, the police department isn’t going to be happy about that. Quickly returning his attention back to the nearly downed pipe boy, he was quickly surprised by the last ditch effort of the thug in an attempt to knock Sovereign out. Dodging the first pipe swing onto his head (and making sure Airi doesn’t get hit by it), Sovereign quickly stops carrying Airi with his right hand and gives pipe boy a mighty uppercut that sends the thug collapsing. Regrabbing Airi’s leg with his right hand, he quickly adjusts himself so that Airi is still comfortable on his back.

In his peripherals, Sovereign can see that greatsword girl is looking at him and cutrently growling. Quickly facing in her direction, Sovereign could barely react as she instantly appears at his side with the greatsword being swung at both his back and Airi. Adjusting his body so that he’ll take the brunt of the damage, he was knocked back towards Lyra. Wincing in pain from the damage build up from both his semblance literally burning his body up and the two mercenaries,  Sovereign quckly assessed the situation which just so happens to only be only 9 grunts left and greatsword girl. Turning to Lyra, Sovereign hurriedly explained the situation, ”How fast can you take down the grunts? I’m currently running low on my combat capabilities.” Sovereign can definitely beat greatsword girl, but it would be best for Lyra to intervene so that he’s not too injured for the next patrol.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:23:38 PM by NotSurprised »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »
For a few moments, Airi had become, in a slightly more literal sense of the word, senseless. She could feel the various movements as something like a blur, and when she finally reached a point that could barely be classified as 'came to', she found herself up against Sovereign's back. A slew of thoughts soggily passed through her mind, but she didn't have the energy nor the care, at least for the time being, to do anything about it. She gave Sovereign a double-pat on the shoulder before lowering herself from his back.

Her legs were weak and she felt as if any buckling of her knees and she wouldn't have the energy to pop back up. Because of this, she'd have a rather difficult time defending herself, but as evidenced by Lyra's carnage, that wouldn't be much of an issue. "Restrain yourself, Lyra. No messes," Airi said in a labored voice. She turned toward Sovereign. "Now that I'm out of the way...do whatever you need to do."
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Characters: ShowHide

Sophea Devi Visorith - Beacon Nurse, Gardener, Health Nut, Scholar
Mao Visorith - First-Year Beacon Student, Team SFF[M]
Aurelia Caelius - Beacon Graduate, Huntress, Team [A]URM
Izumi Cremisi - Member of Obsidian Rose, Assassin, Thief, Arcade Enthusiast
Airi Fogden Bicardi - Second-Year Atlas Student, Family Heiress
Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]
Yu Mei - Third-Year Haven Student
Suna Arevik - First-Year Shade Student, Scavenger-in-Training, Team S[S]MR
Mara Lev - Mercenary, de facto Leader of Siren

Worldbuilding: ShowHide

Mahava Plains - The bastion of Eastern Sanus
Obsidian Rose - Valish Criminal Organization

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 12:57:33 PM »
Being used to the warm and kinda soft feeling of Airi being on his back, he kinda misses it. With a sigh, Sovereign stretches for a bit and gets ready to charge at greatsword chick. Swapping over to his fire dust reserves, he starts a ball of fire that's condensing and condensing. Greatsword chick frowns as she gets ready to defend against an attack, but it was never going to come. Instead, Sovereign charges at the gal and tries to distract her while his attack charged up. Dodging strikes left and right, the ball of flame seems to be more and more volatile.

As for the grunts, they are clearly afraid of Lyra, but with nothing left to lose they could only charge Lyra all together hoping that what little defense capabilities they have will overwhelm her. Unfortunately for them, aura isn't the most useful for them as of right now. Especially since greatsword chick seems to be teleporting around Sovereign trying to hit him.

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 01:39:18 PM »
Lyra saw the remaining grunts charging at her.  She could also feel the lack of confidence in their charge.  She sent forth one of the aura spheres that had previously been slowly by her side, orbiting her.  She willed the sphere to morph into a large wall, expanding its size as it moved further from Lyra.  It was a formidable boundary that the grunts would have to surmount before they could attack Lyra, herself.  She then recalled the aura constructs that she had already sent out.  As they flew through the air, one also morphed into a large wall, and with the previously formed wall, it sandwiched many grunts, immobilizing them.  Those that were able to escape were met by the two non-wall constructs that were not orbiting Lyra.  Seeing the lack of effort necessary for her to dispatch these grunts, Lyra commanded them, relying on the show of might through her aura constructs to add intimidation behind her otherwise quiet and demure-sounding voice, "There is nothing left for you to do.  Run away."

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 05:17:07 PM »
Slowly, the energy that'd was drained from her was slowly fading back into existence, and it was enough to be workable. Following Lyra, Airi punched her palm and dug her feet into the ground as she entered a combat stance.  Airi hoped that that'd be enough to scare off the grunts. If not, she had enough in her tank to fight back, at most, two of them.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

Avery LeBlanc - Third-Year Atlas Student, Triplet, Duelist, Manipulator, Team SA[L]T | Threads [Team: ]

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »
This lady is crazy!

Narrowly dodging the massive greatsword that would lob off his limbs if he had his aura down, Sovereign jumped back a small distance to get a brief chance to recover against her. Unfortunately, greatsword girl took the time to teleport right into his face with her weapon ready to smack him down into the ground. Frowning, Sovereign tried his best to dodge only to find his left arm in a position it really shouldn't be in. Biting down on his lips, he refrained from screaming and maintained concentration on the volatile orb in his right arm.

With a growl, Sovereign slammed the ball of flame into his opponent's face and create an explosion that sent her slamming into a wall nearby. With a grimace of pain, Sovereign swapped to ice dust and quickly froze the grunts that were getting ready to run from Lyra's threat. Standing up and cradling his currently healing left arm, he looked back to his two companions in this fiasco. With a pained smirk, he walked over to them.

"You guys alright?"

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 10:13:46 PM »
Lyra watched as the grunts were frozen by Sovereign.  She nodded briefly at him and brought her two wall constructs together, completely smashing the immobilized grunts, who were unable to escape.  The grunts fell to the ground, and Lyra simply watched as they did so.  All that remained was Greatsword Girl, but even she, too, seemed to be under control.  Responding to Sovereign's question as to whether they were alright, she did not speak but merely nodded.  Turning her attention back to Greatsword Girl, Lyra recalled her constructs and slowly directed them towards the remaining opponent.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 10:23:42 PM by FunkyMonkey »

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »
Airi's body quickly relaxed as the fight neared its end. Her body screamed for rest and nourishment so she fell backwards onto her behind. She didn't so much feel sore but rather like she was deprived; it was a familiar feeling to her but uncomfortable nonetheless. "I'm fine," she said. Airi was looking to sound in control, dominant, but instead her voice lacked energy and almost came off as a sigh.
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 09:25:21 PM »
Sovereign frowns at the sight of his temporary allies. As if he had made up his mind about something, Sovereign quickly walked over to the greatsword girl with confidence. Any scathing remark she would’ve made in pain was quickly cut off after Sovereign knocked her out with a kick to the face. Quickly looting any of the grunts and the mercenaries of important items such as lien and any form of information. Afterwards, he pulls out a scroll from one of the grunts to make a call to the police department. After doing a quick little face voice that told them the bare minimum, he hangs up and drops the scroll onto the ground before returning to Airi and Lyra.

Sovereign kinda felt bad for Airi’s tired state, and especially for dragging them along. Therefore, his offer will make this right! Though he’s not too sure if that’s proper of him especially since he lives alone now in a nice little apartment he rented out.

”You guys wanna get dinner at my place and rest up? I’ll make sure you guys get back home after.”

FunkyMonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 01:36:03 AM »
Lyra watched as Sovereign knocked out Greatsword Girl, and upon his doing so, she released her control of her aura constructs.  The captured aura quietly dissipated.  When Sovereign offered Airi and her to go back to her place, she was a bit surprised.  After all, Sovereign was a complete stranger to her.  On the other hand, Airi knew Sovereign at least somewhat well, so that made it ok, she supposed.  She didn't have any reason to opposing taking up Sovereign's offer.  Still, Lyra looked to Airi to see if she was going to accept.

Kaliot

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
Airi looked at Sovereign, then at Lyra, then back at Sovereign. Given her physical state, Airi was in no position to object."Sure, Sovereign." Turning up at the LeBlanc residence out of the blue was going to be a bit strange, but with the police set to arrive at any minute, it was a much better option than staying here. "What about you, Lyra?"
Pyre Persephone Delanto

Formatting