Author Topic: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]  (Read 13171 times)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]
« on: April 28, 2018, 11:11:10 PM »
thump, thump

The sound of a punching bag echoed through the empty weight room, chains rattling along with the cadence of fists against leather.

thump, thump

Smokey swung heavy blows, his brow furrowed in frustration.  His body swayed in between hits as his mind contemplated why he's so on edge.

thump, thump

He's been at Beacon for a while now, but he feels like he hasn't done much at all.  He feels cooped up.

thump, thump

Confined.  Neglected.  Ignored.

thump, thump

He wants to be out in the field, fighting Grimm.  Hell, it doesn't even have to be Grimm.  White Fang, evil robots, you name it, he'll fight it.

thump, thump

But instead of doing any of that, he's stuck here punching the dust off an old sack.  And it is just...

thump, thump

...not...

Thump! Thump!

...CUTTING IT!

THUMP! THUMP! THWACK!

The punching bag was thrown off the hook keeping it aloft, landing with a dull thud on the ground.  Next to it, Smokey panted, sweat dripping from his body and drenching his workout clothes.  His fists were clenched, still not satisfied from pummeling the punching bag.  His teeth were grit; he wanted something that could fight back.  And his eyes?  There's only one thing eyes like his look for, and that's a fight!
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Where There's Smoke... [OPEN]
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »
There's a sound of a door opening, and another women walks in; the towel around her shoulders and the waterbottle in hand make it clear her intentions to train, alongside the black gym bag hanging off one arm. She's tall, and her dreadlocks are done up in a ponytail - the black sports bra and shorts clearly displaying the tattoos of Grimm she has inked onto her body.  She comes in just as the punching bag goes flying, and she stares on in blank disdain as her gaze moves to the panting man.

"You just had to take it my favorite bag off the hook, didn't you?"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:21:55 AM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:47:09 PM »
Smokey almost doesn't hear the door open over the grinding of his teeth.  It's only when the woman speaks up that he bothers to turn around and face her.  The first thing he does is a quick up-down to size her up, before shrugging sarcastically.

"Whoops," he says.  Ordinarily, Smokey would be much more polite and apologize and probably help put the bag back on the hook.  But right now, Smokey's thinking with his ego, not his head, and his ego sees a potential challenger.
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 11:56:55 PM »
Jima may be pretty oblivious at times. Sarcasm doesn't always make sense, and social cues aren't usually noticed either - but even she can tell when someone's being a dick. Her voice jumps, and instead of speaking from near her body where she normally does, it's from behind him - time to be a bit creepy.

"Of course, whoops. You absolutely didn't mean to punch the poor, defenseless bag off the hook, and you surely didn't mean to be a sarcastic dick about it! My bad, of course. Please, except my sincere apologies."She mouths the words as the voice speaks from halfway across the room - even if she doesn't entirely understand it, she can at least dish it out well enough in return.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 12:20:40 AM by Moth »
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 12:11:50 AM »
Smokey's initially startled by the suddenly disembodied voice and reflexively turns around and reaches for his pistol....which isn't on him at the moment.  It takes a few seconds as the woman talks to him from a direction of where she's not, but he eventually snaps out of the initial confusion.  He turns back around and opens his mouth to respond, before closing it again, as he tries to figure out if he should speak in the direction of the body or the voice.  He eventually shakes his head and turns towards the body, hoping he's guessing right.

"Way I see it, if you wanted that bag so bad, you should've gotten here sooner.  Now it's on the floor, so what are you gonna do about it, some weird ventriloquism act?" he challenges. 

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 12:26:49 AM »
Jima has an obvious grin on her face as she as he gapes like a fish, subsequently pleased with the confusion she caused him. The voice continues to travel, hopping from one area of the room to the next. "Weird ventriloquism, now that's something I totally haven't heard before. But honestly, I'm not sure I should bother to pick it up, I got here right in time for my normal training session. It's your fault it's on the floor, so I'll ask you once politely: pick it up for me?"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 12:34:57 AM »
"Weird ventriloquism, now that's something I totally haven't heard before. But honestly, I'm not sure I should bother to pick it up, I got here right in time for my normal training session. It's your fault it's on the floor, so I'll ask you once politely: pick it up for me?"

Smokey's eyes have a hard time keeping up with the voice's location, but the words and intention are clear as day, and Smokey's having none of it.  He turns back to her, snarling at her smirk.  I'll wipe that stupid grin off your face soon enough he thinks to himself before cracking his knuckles.

"Make me."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 12:48:18 AM »
Jima stares down the ever-so intimidating boy as he cracks his knuckles, and of all things bursts out laughing. "O-ohohaha - Oh my god, y-you're exactly like - hah, hehe..."Finishing her mocking of the boy, she finishes off with almost a cute giggle, before she continues to stare him down. "You are such an angsty first year. Bring it, buddy."

One of her feet slides back, and her arms move to a defensive position in front of her. She's clearly bracing for a fight.

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 12:59:34 AM »
She's laughing at me.  That's the only thing as Smokey's face darkens....hardens...he starts trembling with anger, building and building, before Beacon officially welcomes the return of Mt. Shortstack as Smokey erupts towards the offender with a wild haymaker.

"I'll show you to laugh at me," he shouts as he charges toward her, armed with passion and power, but no technique.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  100%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  20
Matchstick Rounds Remaining:  7

Attack:  Wild Haymaker (3%, but easily dodgeable)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 01:07:08 AM »
Jima only smiles at the young man's promise, sidestepping his charge with an air of ease before ccrouching down and sweeping her legs forward, aiming to send him flying. "Bring it, buddy! Let's see what you've got!

Combat Stats:
(Aura: 100/100)
(Sidekick: 2%)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 01:14:47 AM »
Smokey's first strike sails past its intended target as his opponent tries to sweep his legs from under him.  Fortunately for him, Smokey's stocky and sturdy even without his semblance, and her strike only succeeds in making him stumble slightly.  The shock of the damage, however, does knock some sense back into him as he spins around to make another strike, this time much more compact and precise.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  98%
Immovable Object Charges Remaining:  20
Matchstick Rounds Remaining:  7

Attack: Jab (1%)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 01:20:17 AM »
The jab manages to hit home, making Jima stumble slightly, but she doesn't take it lightly; instead moving to return with her own series of jabs with two to the stomach and a third to the chin, the grin still on her face.

Combat Stats:
(Aura 99/100)

Attack:
(Jabs: 1% x 3)

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2018, 01:29:01 AM »
Smokey doesn't even bother to dodge, instead opting to grit his teeth and move his body so the punches hit less vital areas, even opting to headbutt the last punch, rather than take it on the chin.  This is all in an attempt to break past her guard and get two heavy punches in, one to each of her sides.

Combat Stats:
Aura:  95%

Attack: Heavy body blows (2% x 2)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2018, 01:37:34 AM »
Jima actually snorts in amusement as he takes the punches, actually meeting her fist with the latest attack - but the slight distraction renders her unable to dodge, taking the blows as well. Shaking them off easily, Jima refocuses - it's two more quick hits to the chest, followed by a third kick, spinning kick aimed towards his head.

Combat Stats:
(Aura: 95/100)

Attack:
Quick hits: 1% x 2
Spinning Kick: 3%

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2018, 01:44:59 AM »
Smokey continues to ignore her punches, confident he'll win a slug-fest, and delivers another heavy blow.  However, he's caught off guard completely by the kick, and is sent stumbling back into one of the weight racks, where he eventually catches himself, and starts massaging his chin.  Looks like I'm gonna have to kick it up a notch

Combat Stats:
Aura:  90%

Attack: Heavy body blow (2%)

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400