Author Topic: Walking the Beat [Bad End] [Closed]  (Read 12408 times)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    I never post on time, don't ask why.
    • View Profile
Walking the Beat [Bad End] [Closed]
« on: October 11, 2016, 05:32:50 PM »
Frost 4th, 80 AC

On a rather cold and drifty day in Vale, like the weather usually is, the docks at Beacon Academy were bustling with people as they wait for their next ride out of Beacon. Multiple people of different kingdoms would wait as the Bullheads shuffle in and out as expected of the Vytal Festival. It was normal for Bullheads to come and go at certain times since people were always traveling around Vale in a sense of tourism. However, when a Bullhead pulls in at an unexpected time, it would surely draw curious glances towards it considering the brief pause of nothing happening. It would invite even more gazes to it as a recognizable figure comes out of the docked Bullhead and waits in front of it:

Eklipsei Gray, a Head of the White Fang Investigation Team.

What reason would such an authoritative figure to be at Beacon Academy? Well, four very lucky individuals of different years and kingdoms are going to be taken under his wing as a team for the day, and they’ll take a nice simple mission as a way to pass on Eklipsei's simple lessons to be taught to the future protectors of humanity.

Flicking his fingers left and right, Eklipsei held his scroll in his fidgeting hands. He had checked his scroll to pass the time as he waits in front of his designated bullhead for the mission, but now that Eklipsri was awaiting for the individuals he had chosen for his request, he might as well also shoot off a few messages to his peers and superiors. Especially to a certain retired huntress that is sneaking around Beacon Academy when she shouldn't be...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:45:02 PM by Dr. Gustave »
White Fang: ShowHide

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

White Fang Captain: Blacksmith - "To create, is to destroy. It's that simple."

Vale: ShowHide
First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Fourth Year: Noir - "To see nothing, is to truly see the world."

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Atlas: ShowHide
Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Mistral: ShowHide
Fourth Year, Team CNBR: Arian Reaper - "In battle, only skill matters."

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
Re: Walking the Beat [Event]
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:59:21 PM »
Dorothy was beyond excited, she couldn't believe that she would get the chance to do a mission here in Beacon! It was almost like a dream come true. Even though she was a hunter in training on paper it had been a while since she had actually done a formal mission. She was always tied up exploring ancient caves and looting her heart out. Sure finding rare and abandoned treasures was exciting but what was important was variety . Pondering the contents once over she readdressed an issue she had rolling around in her mind. Would she have to kill? The elements that she was dealing with today was not dangerous environments or Grimm but people. Due to the nature of her profession Dorothy had seen her fair share of blood in the sands. However that didn't mean she didnt have to get used to it...

Enough depressing thoughts! I wonder where the leader of the mission is...hmmm OH! I think I found him.

Hiding in a bush out of his vision Dorothy silenced her footfalls and breathing. 3 years of stealth training had taught her well as her cloak melded into the colour of her surroundings. Waiting until he was distracted by his phone Dorothy with extreme speeds sprung from her hiding place to silently place herself next to the man. Tapping him on the shoulder Dorothy whispered with a grin splitting her face,

"What'cha doin?"
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

snaketicus

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 11:08:26 PM »
Drowsiness.

A feeling of something missing.

Awakening.

Ah yes, the mission. Fionn hadn't forgotten it, his alarm had simply not gone off that morning. It wasn't a mad rush to get his gear so to speak but rather a stampede about his dorm as he threw his coat on, brushed his teeth, and tied his shoes in less than ten minutes. The cold expression on his face did not let up as he prepared for the day to come, pretending to be calm even in his own abode.

It was rather comical.

Fionn listened to ancient tunes of a long forgotten genre as he walked down the street. No one could quite appreciate the blues anymore like he could. In the poorer communities it had seen somewhat of a resurgence in recent years, almost nearing relevancy at times. He sighed as another song began to play. Some deep part of him knew it would never be as popular as he'd wish.

Woke up this morning, feel 'round for my shoes

You know 'bout that babe, had them old walkin' blues

He hummed along just silently enough to not be heard as he made his way through the crowds an crowds. Tourists, students, elderly, youth, they were all out for the festivities and various events. He pushed his way past, trying to take up as little space as possible. He didn't like being surrounded by so many people, it made him just ever so slightly uncomfortable. If the crowds alone were causing him to feel uncomfortable than the sun seeming to shine straight onto him was not helping.

Fionn reached into the depths of his coat as he walked, the cigarette in his mouth held between his lips. As he rummaged through an inner pocket he produced a small canteen of water. The man twisted the cap off before taking a long drink. His head immediately felt much clearer and he took better notice of his surroundings. The man looked for another bearing a description given of the mission leader.

Ah, could that be him?

Some girl was standing next to him too; another member of the mission? Fionn raised his arm and called out a greeting. "Are you Mr. Eklipsei? The name is Fionn." He said as he approached, the cigarette now hanging from the corner of his mouth.

People tell me walkin' blues ain't bad;

Worst old feeling I most ever had.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:17:10 PM by snaketicus »

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:58 AM »
'Let's do this'

With a confident smile on her face Xanh made her way through the stream of people coming from and walking towards the dock area. With the festival and everything around it going on the streets and paths had been especially full lately, but by now she had gotten used to navigating the considerable crowds created by the influx of foreign sutdents and curious tourists. And today it was especially worth it squeezing through inbetween the groups of people flocking towards the academy or waiting for one of the scheduled transports to arrive. After all this would be the start of her first real mission!

And not just any old assignment, no. Some proper crime fighting was the purpose of this whole deployment. With clues to follow, locations to observe and a big old baddie to catch. This was the real stuff! And then there was of course the guy who would lead them for the duration of the mission - Eklipsei Gray. Who around Vale had not heard this name before. He was quite the figure on account of him being the head of investigations against the White Fang alone. And Xanh's father had mentioned him from time to time as well, often sharing little anectdotes about the man and his feats he had overheard while working in less prominent and exciting departments of the Vale police force. Oh, she could not wait to see his face when she told him whom she had worked with on her first mission!

But one steo at a time. Before bragging about anything, they would have to get the job done first. And for that, she would need to get to the rendevouz point before anything. Poking her head a little above the sea of people filling out the dock area Xanh had a look around the several occupied landing pads. Ships loading and unloading visitors. The usual ferries arriving and leaving towards Vale.
And an all too recognisable silhouette, standing next to a less frequented Bullhead. There it was! Without much more delay Xanh made her way over to Gray, almost fearing to be a little late, considering how there were already a few others waiting next to the ship.

"Hey everyone!", Xanh dropped as a short greating as she arrived at the little group, followed by a wave of her left hand. Yes. This would be good, she knew it.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 06:54:55 AM »
Absentmindedly flicking through various things on her scroll, Bianca made her way to and through the docks, lifting her head every once in a while to search for the mission leader, one Eklipsei Gray. She knew what he looked like of course, seeing as she didn't live under a rock, and was actually quite aware of him and his activities, thanks to the times he'd visited Vacuo on missions. And the times that she'd heard her parents complain about being requested to... off him... a feat they knew wouldn't be worth the effort, so they didn't use any.

What would they think when she told them that she'd accompanied him on a mission? Oh how things had changed. That would do for some nice stories to tell back home to the family and friends she had. She had to admit, it was pretty exciting to be out with a real hunter, and the head of the White Fang investigation team too. Doing good, or some crap like that, taking down a legitimate criminal... Nothing like her jobs back in Vacuo. And hey, maybe it would make a nice story for her teammates too. Maybe Tenne would try to start something if she kept on about it for too long. Or Blanc. Either one was fine, as long as some hell could be raised.

Unfortunately her scheming had to be stopped as Bianca caught a glimpse of a Bullhead that'd pulled in. More importantly, she'd also seen the mission leader beside it, as well as three others. One was dark-skinned and seemed to be sporting a grin all too familiar to Bianca, someone that would hopefully be fun. She also seemed to be quite toned, quite muscular, though not so much as to rely completely on strength. Probably someone more like Bianca herself, or simply focused on speed. Running took more than it seemed. Other than the interesting blemishes on the irl's skin, the only other important thing that could be noticed was that she wore a white cloak not unlike Bianca's, though this one seemed lighter. Wasn't really an important detail, but perhaps a strong friendship could be developed based on the fact that they both owned a white cloak. Or something.

Her eyes skipped over the 'Fionn' guy, as he seemed to be 'normal' and everything, even if his blade was definitely not. The third girl seemed fairly normal as well, except for her weapons. Again. Nasty looking sickle-like blades. Karma? Kama, right. Kama. Randomly deciding that this girl would be the best to approach first, Bianca strolled over to meet the girl she would learn was named Xanh.

"Well hey there indeed," Bianca said as she walked to the girl's left. "Mr. Eklipsei, White Riding Hood, Fionn, hey to you too. This is the mission group, right?"
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 05:41:15 PM »
Without any surprise when Dorothy tapped Eklipsei's shoulder, Eklipsei looked up - he swears he must be working too much if he's no longer surprised by things like this - and simply waited for the rest of the team members that had accepted the mission request Eklipsei had put out. As if being answered for his plea of time not being wasted, Eklipsei watches as the rest of the members shift into the little group with their own introduction to get acquainted with their new team members.

With a frown, he looks back down at his scroll only to find that there was no reply yet. Visibly sighing, Eklipsei puts his scroll away into his armor as he straightens up infront of the four he had gathered in front of him. Tapping his helmet, as sounds of armor hitting metal ring out, Eklipsei puts up a HUD in preparation for the mission this team will be going on.

"Ms. Li, Ms. Burgundy, Mr. MacGorm, and Ms. Kurstein, as a formal greeting..." At first, his tone was relaxed, but now it's a sharp yet soft edge, "I am Eklipsei Gray, White Fang Investigator, and I am glad you are joining me on this mission today." While he was talking, Eklipsei started to shift over to the backside of the bullhead and knocks on it (it had closed while Eklipsei had been waiting). It opens again, right when Eklipsei finishes his greeting, revealing some of the technology Eklipsei had been using to track down the "Lord of Nevermore". He steps onto the open door and looks back to the group with an inviting gesture.

"Come on in, we have work to do."

White Fang 2nd Lieutenant: Artist - "Funny. When blood is spilled, it looks the same doesn't it?"

First Year, Team ALIA: Iron Silvarious - "You know nothing? Then get out of my way."

F̷̢͕͍̦̥̯̻̪̙ị̯̲̺̱r͏̻͉s̗t̛̻̼̣̞͔̤ ̸͘҉̲̠̖̭͕Y͓̣̣̲e̬͖̮̠͎̙̗͚a͙r̴̝͉̫͜,̺̣̕ ͔͎̰̯͓Ṭ̠̥͢͠ͅe̫͖̲̹̻̙͕͔͢a̺̫̼̝͔̕͠ḿ͚͚̙̪̻̗͚̝ͅ ̧͉̻͖̗̮̼͈͎̀͝Z͕͍̫C̵͈͈̖̯͎̖F̧̘̭͈͚̜R͈͚͖̣̝͔̰̘͈:͎̫̟̩̬̫̹ ̷̠̭͈̘͖͚F̠̟͈̜͍̫̠e͖͓͉͍͞n̵̰̗̘͈̹͞i̙̭̱̻x̵̦͠ ̷̙͈͈̠͎͉̮̺C̵͇̪̠e͕̟̟̙̻r̰̮̟͓̜̪̩u̯̞͉̥ͅl̺̪̝̣͢ę̥̲̹̹̜̼̳̘a͈̭͎͘͝ǹ̸̻͉̳͍͉̘̝ ̴̝̣̼͇̀̕ͅ-̡̼͚̪̱̻̪̙̠ ̖̬̠̠̪͎́"̸̜̙̣̠͚̻̲Ṣ̢̰͎̟͖̥̤ͅt̛̻̘̯̝͇ͅà҉̤͉͖ņ̯̘͚̮d̷͙̭͇̹ ̲̳̗̞͠͡b̞̣̲̪̳̖̯̭͡è̷̳̰̻̤̖͈͓̠h̶͕̦̭͚͎̠͎͜i̶̫͎͜n̵͙̙̹̳d̹ ̢̙̰̙̰́m̢̖̼̺̦͉͇̫̣͎e̼̼̞ͅ,̲͇͍̫̱͜ ́͏̲̯̳͎ͅI͈̣̰͙̝͈͚͢͞ ̛͙͙̤͚̬͜w̧͓̩̙͇͝į̭̦̹̜ͅĺ̙l̺͕̖̻̳̭̙͘ ̵̪̝̜͜p̛͉̺̻͢r̮̙̗͕̞̬o̡͝҉̞͉̖̼̪̪t͖͕ȩ̸̩̳c̹̯̘͓t̙̤̠͎͖̦̯͠ ͇̗͕͉̥y̵̷̮͙̮̭͙̱̪̝ͅo̶͉͈͎͓̮͇͈͍̘u̘͙̣͘͘.̲̖̫̬̦̤̤̀͝ͅ"҉̼̬͕͞

Head of White Fang Investigation Team: Eklipsei Gray - "I bring justice to the darkness in this kingdom."

Third Year Vigilante: Sovereign LeBlanc - "For my next trick, I'll make your Lien disappear!"

Professor of Survival Training, Combat Tactics, and Miscellaneous Studies: Hunter d'Azur - "Alright kids, today's lesson is hide-and-seek. Try your best to hide!"

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 05:21:08 PM »
Spoiler: ShowHide
Gonna be away all week end so skip me (will be back Sunday aft tho)
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"

snaketicus

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 05:09:54 PM »
Fionn watched silently as the other members of the mission seemed to fall into place one by one. He squinted as the sun caught his eyes, looking around and trying to get an idea of the others personalities by their outward appearance. First he eyed Bianca as she approached, his eyes following the trail of her voice and the call of his name. She seemed respectable enough with her taste in jackets and jeans.

You could never go wrong with jackets and jeans.

Her skin colour seemed to suggest a foreigner, how intriguing. The man wondered if blues and jazz had a hold in her homeland if she were truly foreign. Perhaps they were still stuck a hundred or two years behind everyone else, oh how lovely that would be. Modern society was so drab and degenerate.

Eyeing the other one, who will henceforth be known quite formally as "the other one", he saw her skin was also quite tanned and she seemed to prefer a similar clothing style. What in the heck? The man, from behind his cold expressionless mask, wondered about the chances of such a thing. Perhaps they were both from similar areas? He'd have to ask some day, minute, or hour about this.

Oh how'd he love to escape to a less degenerate place.

Briefly wondering if perhaps culture had not truly degenerated and he was looking at life through a lens his thoughts were interrupted by the voice of Mr. Eklipsei. Fionn watched the man as he walked up and around the bullhead, his movements seemingly precise and trained. He could respect a guy who flaunts his title about, shows a certain level of self respect. Not enough people these days carried confidence and bravado.

"Understood." Fionn exclaimed in his monotone, walking aboard the ship. His eyes bounced from wall to wall, studying the technology aboard. It would surely be interesting to learn of every function and form that these machines served. He wondered if the sound system on the thing was any good.

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 07:38:28 AM »
During the small break between the last of them arriving and Eklipsei carrying on Xanh took a moment to glance over her partners for the upcoming mission, and as she did so, a quiet: "Hm...", escaped her. Two of them seemed to already be a little older - heck, that Fionn guy almost seemed like he was way past his time at an academy, just casually sporting a cigarette and a somewhat disinterested attitude in everything. With some older and maybe more experienced students as part of the team this surely could be an interesting experience.

And then there was of course Bianca. As the girl had approached the group waiting next to the Bullhead, greeting her first and the others directly afterwards Xanh looked to her left, where the girl had decided to settle for now. Her face, and especially the garishly white ends of her hair struck some familiarity, as if she had seen that girl before. Then again, Xanh could not remember anything else about this person, coming to the conclusion that she must have just noticed her in class one day or something. Probably. Maybe? But either way, on first glance she seemed like quite an alright person to hang around with. And so she opted to reply with a slight gesture of her hand.

"Yep, that's i-", she wanted to follow up in response to the girl's question, but abruptly stopped as Gray seemed to have come to the conclusion that it was time to begin. Turning her attention back towards Eklipsei, she gave herself a bit of a nod. Pretty much how she expected the man to act going by what she had heard and seen - straight to the point. Good, that meant they could get to the real meat of this soon!

As Xanh followed the investigator aboard the ship, her eyes curiously glanced over all the pieces of equipment scattered around the transport compartement. Of course she had no clue about what most of these really did, and aside from a few things she recognised from her father's work she could only speculate all the crazy things that stuff could be used for - and hopefully would be, too!

"So...what first? How are wo going to go about this?", Xanh finally asked as she had made her way well into the shuttle, eagerly rubbing her hands together. Maybe she was a bit too on the nose with this enthusiasm, but everyone had already gathered, so they might as well get into gear instead of just waiting around after all.

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »
Dorothy was unsurprising when her tap failed to surprise the man. If she'd actuall managed to get the drop on him she might have had second thoughts about this mission. Seeing everybody in ally arriving Dorothy got excited...really excited. The bouncing up and down excited. She couldn't help herself, there was so many people to meet and see. Undiscovered mysteries to decipher. Her excitement continued to rise as her semblance slipped into level one.
Time slowed down a bit as she became a small blur leaving after images in her path.

Taking all over team mates hands she shook them vigorously "HellomynameisDorothyBurgudyitsverynicetoomeetyouandIhopewehaveagreatandsucessfulmissiontogether!"
The time dilation cause her voiced to be comically sped up as she continued the rapid introductions. That is until she met Bianca. Dorothy's hand stopped mid handshake and she looked her dead in the eyes. Dorothy's eyes softened and her energy calmed itself.
"It's been a while since I have met another from Vacuo. My name is Dorothy Burgundy, council sanctioned scavenger and first global scavenger. It's an honour to meet you.
There was something about this girl that was familiar. Perhaps she was related to someone she knew...This is on the tip of my tongue I know it....

Soon enough pleasantries were over and it was time to get down to business. Her eyes betraying nothing but energetic kindness to Bianca she left her for the mission briefing.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
Becoming slightly more serious as the mission leader began talking, Bianca nodded when appropriate. As she listened to him and sent flickering glances at her teammates, two of whom were looking more and more familiar as she looked at them, she had to admire the conciseness of his actions and words, no extra fluff or anything, but still formal enough to not seem cold or harsh. Straight-to-the-point. Unlike some others she'd known, and a change from a lot of people at Vacuo actually, though still not all. Then again she'd only met a real hunter or huntress in passing there, mostly interacting with only friends and employers who were either far more informal or far more condescending. Of course she'd run into them in Vale and whatever, but this was different! Somehow. During these moments, she noticed that her temporary teammates for the mission seemed to be eyeing everyone around them as well, also taking note like she'd done. So now she knew that they were competent enough to know the importance of the time pre-battle/mission, whatever.

All of a sudden, White Riding Hood decided to speed all over the place, shaking everyone's hands and saying something about the mission going well. Until who was apparently one 'Dorothy Burgundy' reached Bianca of course. Another Vacuan. So that would've explained it. A scav too, and the first global one. Now she could've sworn that she knew her from somewhere... Good, because who doesn't like a little callback to home? Bad, because Bianca wasn't the most eager person to let anyone else know more about her origins than the word 'Vacuo.' Still, she answered warmly, though still with her signature half-drawl, cat-like tone. Along with a half-warm smile, Bianca managed to get in, "Name's Bianca, and the honor is all mine." After that, Dorothy had whisked herself away to the bullhead. Well at least now she knew why one was familiar. That other girl with the kar-kama, though, Bianca still didn't know. She didn't look like a Vacuan, but you never knew.

Like the others, Bianca followed in suit of Mr. Eklipsei and now Dorothy, though she made sure to be the one to enter last, so she could be in a position appropriate to constantly survey the others. You couldn't be too careful or anything. This was Beacon, yada yada yada, honorable combat school and whatever, but you never knew if someone you did or didn't trust was going to stab you in the back. It was like she could still feel the wounds that'd stemmed from that very thing. But her teammates weren't the only interesting thing anyway, looking at the interior of the ship. Now, Bianca was no rocket scientist, and really far from one, but were these some fancy gizmos. A stray thought in the back of her mind reminded her about how much Winnie would go gaga over them if he was there. But he was back in Vacuo and she wasn't. 

Back to business, Bianca listened eagerly for the answer to the question posed by Mini Reaper, the other one who looked familiar. "Yeah, I was wondering about that too. How are we going to go about this whole thing?"
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

NotSurprised

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 10:48:23 PM »
Without a pause to explain all the technology Eklipsei had pulled aside for this mission, he immediately heads over to the most relevant item to their current topic of discussion. It was a blank, white, and large table, but after a rather complex pattern Eklipsei was very used to, he input a series of finger taps on the side of the table as if it was some code. After the last tap, the table seems to turn on with a hum of power, as the very top of the table starts to slightly glow with light. A time delay of a few seconds soon reveals that it is projecting a map for their viewing, as buildings and landmarks pop out as small holograms on the table. Currently, it's viewing their current location of Beacon Academy, but every inch of it is scaled and properly written down so that everything Eklipsei does with it is mostly accurate, as Eklipsei had made sure of it. After configuring all the little settings that were required for his preference, Eklipsei swipes on the table, moving the map to the relevant location of this mission. Although it seems normal compared to everything else, there is a very clear trail going to their destination and off of the table to what could be assumed as Beacon Academy. Once everything was set to his liking, Eklipsei looked back to his team with a beckoning gesture to come closer.

"This," Eklipsei pauses to point and draw their attention to the marked destination, "is our intended landing zone as we had received a tip that the criminal, known as 'Lord of Nevermore', is going to be around this location at a certain point of time." Eklipsei straightens once more, as to draw their attention back onto him. "Otherwise, that would be the most I can brief you at first. Once we are in the air, I can explain the rest during the flight." He starts to move towards the pilot's section of the Bullhead to inform the pilot to take off, but not before giving off one last glance to the team, "Any questions? Otherwise, take a seat. Travel time shouldn't be too long."

(OOC: You get one last post before we take off. Choose your questions wisely, as my next post will involve Eklipsei answering them to the best of his ability. EDIT: If you ask about money, extra credit, or even internships, he will most definitely answer them ;) )
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 10:51:53 PM by NotSurprised »

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »
Dorothy relaxed a bit as she listened to Eklipsei drone out the instructions for the mission. The hologram was quite impressive coming from the point of view of someone who's job is so explore and make maps. However Dorothy noticed right away there were some missing parts. She had taken the liberty to scout out most of beacon and the city and there were ways to get in that weren't on this map. Perhaps the assassin was going to use one of those routs.

After he was done Dorothy tried to think of some questions to ask him...to very little success. She was used to working mostly alone so disguising things in groups wasn't exactly her strength. However at the last second one idea came to mind. "Sooooo this Lord of Nevermore guy, is he white fang? You are the leading investigator of that project and it would be strange for them to hire you to conduct this mission without any connections to the white fang. Distracting you from your righteous duty would be such a waste of precious resource." Finishing her sentence with a little bit of sarcasm to lighten the mood. Dorothy's mouse ears seemed to twitch at the mention of white fang. She hadn't exactly heard much about them, coming from Vacuo. However she has had some nasty run-ins while on expeditions. Of course these run-ins were few and far between but they were still there. She held no particular like or dislike for the group but anyone who stood between her and her job was liable to become well acquainted with the metallic taste of sharpened dagger.

Of course Dorothy knew why she was REALLY chosen for this mission. Or...at least she had a hunch as to why. The power to slow down time is an extremely useful ability when dealing with assassinations.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 10:40:35 AM »
Bianca watched curiously as Eklipsei brought up the hologram map, eyes scanning and noting any unknown passageways, just in case she ever needed to use them. She'd already come closer when the team leader beckoned everyone to the map, trying to take in as much as she could of the destination. It would definitely be in her best interests for the mission to go well, and furthermore, for herself to do well. The criminals that garnered nicknames? They were always worse than those who, y'know, used their own name.

Curiosity piqued at Dorothy's question, which was quite good, a few questions of her own popped into her head. "Nice one White Ri-Er, Dorothy... Yeah, Dorothy. What has this Lord of Nevermore guy done to warrant a biggy like you? I've only heard of things unrelated to the Fang from my so-research." Was her source not fully updated? Maybe just checking in with her source and not doing any research was a bad idea, considering the circumstances and frequency of the visits. God, homework was such a bitch. Not to mention she had to keep the visits to her Vacuan/wanderer sources discreet. Usually meant that they were short, and only covering uber-important events. "Oh," she added, a slight drawl creeping in again, "I don't want to be that person that brings it up first, but really, I bet you're all thinking it, and I'm perfectly fine with being that person. You mentioned a cash reward? Any uh, any elaboration on that? And will this count for extra cred?" At this question, Bianca awkwardly looked away and crossed her arms. "If so, which subjects?" 'Cus I'm doing pretty badly in Battle Ethics right now...

It didn't take long for her to straighten and assume her usual lax pose again though, throwing a lazy smile on just as a bonus. Meanwhile though, she was contemplating the significance of the White Fang. Vacuo didn't really have the White Fang, not really. But Mistral, Mistral did. And she'd traveled there a good number of times, you could be sure of that. She'd even run into a number there, and her parents of course had done some jobs for them too. Personally, Bianca had mixed feelings about them. She got their message, and knew that if you wanted to pull something off like that, you had to go big. But they were also harming innocents. Still, Bianca couldn't help thinking about all of the misguided people that surely could be helped. This Lord of Nevermore guy though, he even had a nickname, so again, probably no inner qualms about this mission.

Unlike her teammate from the same kingdom, she was not pondering why she was chosen for the mission. Then again, if she was, she would've just written it off as not important. And hey, she wasn't the worst fighter, nor did she possess the worst semblance, nor was she green and all to missions.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:03:08 AM by The Mythic Scribe »

Kiith

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 05:40:17 PM »
Xanh could not help but snicker quietly as the alias of the criminal they were after on this mission fell once more. "Lord of Nevermore", sure. Man, this guy must have to deal with some serious edge, thinking he was the hottest shit in town. But she really did not need to know what exactly he had done to deserve such a name - or to think he deserved it. She was sure that when this little assignment was over this Lord truly would be...never more.

But jokes aside, it really was not all that known to the public what this criminal actually had done, only that he apparently has been a thing beyond the boundaries of Vale for a while already. So while for the greater scheme it truly was not important why the hell the Lord of Nevermore was on the hitlist of someone like Eklipsei Gray, it might be interesting to hear what he was up to anyway, thus nodding towards the investigator in support as the two other girls asked for some further context on the matter. As Xanh herself really had no questions that came to mind right now and she just wanted to get on with the mission she remained silent though, already making her way to one of the the free seats to the side of the cargo compartement.