Author Topic: Switcheroo: Gray/Calen  (Read 19175 times)

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
Re: Switcheroo: Gray/Calen
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 07:05:21 AM »
Stepping into Gray's swing Calen tries to keep up the pressure with fast and unrelenting attacks. Dancing around his opponent Calen tries strikes for a series of different angles trying to keep Gray disorientated.

He was getting arrogant, well more arrogant, not taking advantage of his reach against an unarmed opponent and leaving himself open for counter attacks would lead to him mentally remanding himself later but now he was positively glowing as the battle seemed to turn in his favour.

Calen's Battle Data
Fast strikes 3x4%

Aura: 78%
No criticism is too harsh so hit me with your best shot.

Calen Shrike - ASTC - First Year Beacon.

Saffron de Cortez - SALT - Third Year Atlas.

Amarant Lovis - (formerly of)ACCE - Headmaster of Atlas Academy

Ramalia - RASB - First Year Shade

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 10:13:10 AM »
Gray snapped out his hand and grabbed Calen's wrist before he could start putting strikes in. he bared his fangs at Calen before he begun repeatedly snapping jabs into his face.

Gray's battle data

Aura level:83%

Attacks: 1% per strike X infinity until he is stopped.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »
Looking up at their instructor, Malina, Calen seriously considered using his semblance after being grabbed again for the third time but the huntresses eagle eyes told Calen he wouldn't get away with it. Ducking and weaving through most of the jabs Calen tried to get close to Gray and a boot on his opponent's outward foot and grabbed the arm which held him with his free hand. Knowing his insignificant strength wouldn't be enough to upsets Gray's balance Calen dug into is aura supply to try to flip Gray over himself and slam him into the ground.

Calen's Battle Data
Ground slam 8%

Aura: 73%(took a few jabs and boosted strength)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2017, 02:15:57 AM »
Gray couldn't help but crack a smile as he was pounding on Calen even though he missed a few shots. His smile faded when suddenly he felt himself being flipped over and before he knew what was happening he was flat on his back with Calen standing over him. The attack surprised him to the extent that he didn't have time to tuck his head in and as a result he simply lay stunned for a few seconds after his head met the floor.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 75%
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 07:33:25 AM »
Feeling a great sense of satisfaction when Gray went crashing down into the floor Calen resisted the urge to exploit his opponent's disadvantage. Calen reluctantly, and far slower than before, back away from the hunter in training and gave him space to rise. Twirling his sword around Calen made a fairly big show of waiting on Gray to get ready and quipped. 'Come on Sir, we haven't got all day.' Calen remarked cheerfully as his grin came back and settled into a defensive stance.

Now he is weaponless I could turn this into a bit of a show. It'll be interesting to see how wild I can drive him, maybe I can even force him to deploy his semblance. Calen thought to himself, enjoying his good fortune.

Calen's Battle Data
No changes

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
Gray had shaken off the stun and rolled over onto his hands and knees when he heard another taunt coming from his opponent. His blazing eyes met Calen's before he took off from his crouched position using the rise to add additional force to the swing he took for his opponents gut. Hopefully the first swing would cause his opponent to lurch over. If it did Gray would then clasp his hands together and raise them above his head to bring them down on Calen's. If Calen did not lurch over from the strike or Gray missed he would clasp his hands together and baseball swing them at his smug face.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level : 75%

Gut punch: 5%

Overhead smack: 10%

Baseball swing to face: 8%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 04:29:15 PM »
A heavy strike met Gray as he entered Calen's reach. The additional weight of the weapon compared to Calen's own sword did upset his balance somewhat meaning he couldn't get his guard back in time for the gut punch. Grimacing through the pain Calen refused to buckle and when he saw the baseball swing coming didn't dance out of the way and instead stepped in. Making the point of contact Gray's forearms rather than his fists reduced the damage of the blow while still keeping both of his arms occupied so Calen could go to town of Gray's abdomen. Three quick stabs before backing out of the engagement, hopefully fast enough to avoid another grab. Calen again set up in a defensive position, trying to reign in his breathing which had gotten rather haggard after their last few exchanges.

[/b]Calen's Battle Data[/b]
Heavy Strike 5%
Light Stabs 3x4%

Aura: 64%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 08:50:45 AM »
Gray tanked every single hit Calen threw at him and simply powered through them allowing his aura to absorb the punishment and his anger to dull the pain that got through and when his gaunt opponent moved back Gray moved forward preventing him from gaining any distance and reaching out with his arms hoping to get a solid grip on Calen's head. He would then pull Calen down and bring a knee up to meet his face.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 58%

Knee 12%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 09:09:43 PM »
All the props Calen was going to give his opponent because of Gray's willingness to put his body on the line to win quickly faded away as he went in for another grab. Letting his head get pulled down Calen tried to rip out of Gray's grasp by pulling his head to the side. Aiming to not only reduce the damage from the knee but all put his opponent off balance for his coming combo. When the knee makes contact Calen will swipe his sword under Gray hoping to catch his other leg, upsetting his balance further and helping Calen pull through the grab. If Gray fell Calen will back off but if he remains standing Calen will deliver a light strike before dancing back, hoping to put some distance between them.

Calen's Battle Data
Sweep 4%
Light strike 3%

Aura: 56%(Ripped out of a bit of the knee smash.)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 01:11:45 AM »
Gray felt the attempt to escape from his grip and locked his arms to his side and gripped them to ensure it remained. He did however not see the strike to his leg coming and fell over. However keeping a grip on Calen would hopefully pull the boy down with him. If sucessful the two boys would land side by side with Gray still controlling Calen's head. As they landed Gray lashed a kick at him aiming straight for the balls.

Gray's battle data

Aura level: 54%

kick: 4%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 04:09:32 AM »
Already gritting his teeth from Gray pulling his hair to maintain Gray's hold Calen let out a harsh cry as his opponent's strike hit home. Letting the pain run through him Calen breathed slowly to calm himself and stem the flow of adrenaline and hate flowing around his body. Knowing that he would not be able to quickly escape the grapple Calen sort to secure mount so Gray wouldn't have another chance to pound his head into the ground. Regardless Calen will match Gray's cheap shots with his own sticking his fingers in eyes and elbows in jugulars.

Calen's Battle Data

2x2% Gouges
3% Jugular strike

Aura: 52%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »
Gray screamed in agony as Calen's fingers dug into his eyes and once they were removed they were bloodshot as Gray stared at his opponent with grit teeth. As the strike to Gray's jugular connected he tightened his grip on Calen's head and pulled it down while snapping his own head up to meet it smashing his forehead into the boy's nose. He then relinguished his grip so that he could wrap an arm around Calen's neck holding Calen's head against his side before he used his full body weight to smash it into the ground.

Gray's Battle Data

Aura level: 49%

Headbutt: 7%

Slam into ground (pretty sure there's a wrestling move for what he just did but I don't know the name of it): 13%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2017, 11:54:39 PM »
Stars was all Calen could see after their head on head collision. Clearly concussed Calen knew he had to get off the ground if he was going to have any chance of winning the fight. The moment Gray's grip loosened and Calen felt his opponent's arm wrap around him Calen pressed down hard with both feet trying to rocket himself upright and out of Gray's superior ground work. Too dazed to collect his sword Calen stumbled backwards, a hand holding pressure on his forehead and his other in a weak boxing guard. Calen was in agony but even as the pain roared through him and his body screamed at him to stop Calen only grinned. 'That all you got? Dog boy.'

Calen's Battle Data
No attacks this post

Aura: 45%

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 12:05:15 PM »
As Calen attempted to rise Gray gave no resistance and used it to haul himself up moving with Calen's momentum while maintaining his hold. As they finished rising Gray used the momentum to add further force to the knee he drove into Calen's gut. He also finally relinquished his grip throwing his arm forward over Calen's shoulder before he crooked it and dragged it backwards putting his elbow into the back of Calen's head while the leg he had been aiming with went to the ground. If the force of his elbow knocked Calen forward he would stick his leg out to trip the boy over.

Gray's Combat Data

Aura level: 49%

Knee: 5%

Elbow: 3%

Kingnoname1

• Personal Text
    Here to chat, always.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »
Although Calen didn't get enough space to back away from his opponent he still counted it as a victory considering they were no longer rolling around on the ground. Feeling Gray use him to speed up Calen quickly turned his body side on causing Gray's first attack to slide harmlessly behind him. Forced to take the elbow in his guard Calen tried to slip under his opponent's outstretched arm and start pounding away with short, sharp at Gray's exposed chest. The pain had dulled some what when Calen started leaving some bruises of his own and although his mind was still going sluggishly since the concussion Calen's instincts would keep him in good stead unless Gray tried anything too out of the ordinary.

Calen's Battle Data
 3x3% short jabs

Aura: 42%