Author Topic: That's one Dusty AMA  (Read 2128 times)

Dusty

• View Profile
That's one Dusty AMA
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:27:53 AM »
Man, dust jokes are so hard to make without being too dirty for people xD But seriously, I thought I'd just leave this here, if anyone's interested. Feel free to AMA or whatever the cool kids are doing.

Vision

• Personal Text
    The Unofficial Official Keeper of Statistics
    • View Profile
Re: That's one Dusty AMA
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:45:12 AM »
Typically I like to wait until the dust settles before jumping into a new thread but I'll make an exception here.

Are there any other career paths you could see Gwylan or Aoife following if they hadn't decided to become hunters?

Diana Levone - Beacon First year - Leader and Medic of team Digital (DGTL)
[color= #839CA5]""[/ color]
Bastet Nin - Haven First year - Blinking Glaive Skirmisher of team Rewind (RWND)
[color= #F2B233]""[/ color]

Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 08:40:43 AM »
......Yeah, I've got nothing in the way of puns anymore....

Gwylan I feel would actually go for something like a primary school teacher or a gym trainer, something that's active where he gets to hang around with people and set his own rules.

Aoife doesn't really have anything that springs to mind, she's the kind of person that would end up in a nine to five job they didn't like cause they didn't have anything that gave them enough enthusiasm to work hard in school. Probably a cashier or waitress, something like that.

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 12:03:01 AM »
Gonna ask the same question I did to Monster plus a little extra. How does Gwylan feel about each of his team members at the moment? Who does he like and dislike most? Who does he think has the most potential? Was it right to choose Aurora for leader?
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »
Geez Mythic, don't hold back whatever you do xP I'll split this up as best I can.

Q1+2:
Gwylan's pretty pleased with his team, he feels they've got a well rounded set up in pretty much every area: combat range, styles, personality, etc, and isn't overtly concerned about their being any problems.

He does his best to like them all equally, but he's fonder of Aurora than the others, if only because she's more willing to match his playful and flirty attitude. He likes someone that's willing to go toe to toe with him in anything, so she does appeal to him a bit more than the others. She confident without being a giant bitch, and he appreciates that. And she's easy on the eyes, which certainly isn't gonna damage his opinion of her, being a teenage boy.

He likes Tina, cause she's nice and a nerd, who he finds amusing and fun to talk to. The fact that she plays video games is a bit of a plus for him, cause he does have an interest in them, though not to the same degree, so that'd be a good bonding point for them, he hopes. Her lack of confidence and social awkwardness is a bit concerning for him, because he's not entirely sure what may upset her, but he hopes to bring her out of her shell a bit.

Nero is probably his least favourite, but that doesn't mean he doesn't like her, just that she's a bit harder for him to interact with than the other's. She's quiet and honest, but he doesn't feel like he has all that much in common with her, especially as his normal methods of getting to know someone don't seem, to him anyway, to appeal to her. He'd like to get to know her better, and hopes they can find something to bond over. And her snake's pretty cool too.

Q3
It really depends on what potential is meant. In combat, he'd probably say Aurora, due to her semblance, and how many potential uses it has, whereas Tina's and Nero's are straight forward or too science-y for him, respectively.

As a person, it'd probably be Tina. Aurora has, in his eyes anyway, reached a level of growth as a person that anyone would be proud of, and Nero, while not as confident as Aurora, is willing to stand by her opinions and ideals, which is no small feat. Tina, though, is limited by her lack of confidence, and he feels that, if she overcomes that, she has more growth potential in her than the rest of the team does.

Q4
He does, and it's very related to the reasons mentioned above. Neither Tina or Nero, in his opinion, have enough confidence to lead the team. They're too reserved for people to feel safe trusting with that level of power. He doesn't think they'd be bad per se, but he doesn't think they're ready for that sort of responsibility. As for himself, sure, he's confident, and in his own mind anyway, charismatic, but he doesn't have the mind for it. Planning and tactics are not something he feels strong with, outside of a small play in a fight maybe. He feels he's too straight forward in his thinking for the job.

Aurora, though, is the most obvious choice. She's smart enough to lead the team and confident enough to hold them together. She's also emphatic and kind, which certainly helps, as Gwylan wouldn't trust someone who didn't have some goodness in them. She may be a bit rough around the edges, but that's why they're in training. A few months, maybe a year, and any issues with her leadership and their teamwork while be gone, by virtue of working together and getting to know each other. And Aurora is the kind of person that, he feels, will encourage that sort of growth, which in turn will help them grow as people.