Author Topic: First Year 2v2 Match - Final Round: Lucina/Isabelle VS Juno/Verdant [Open]  (Read 3936 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE VYTAL FESTIVAL'S FINAL ROUND OF PAIRED MATCHES!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, LET'S GET DOWN TO F ҉   ҉ KING-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this was a kid friendly event. "- BUSINESS! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS FINAL ROUND, WE'VE GOT TWO PAIRS FROM BEACON ACADEMY! OUR FIRST PAIR IS LUCINA ARCHALETTA AND ISABELLE AOZORA, MEMBERS OF TEAM ALIA! THEY GOT A FREE PASS THEIR FIRST ROUND BECAUSE ONE OF THEIR OPPONENTS WAS APPARENTLY COMATOSE... ANYWHO, THE OTHER TEAM, TEAM VCVS, SENDS ITS TWO BEST IN THE FORM OF JUNO VERT AND VERDANT COWL! THEIR FIRST ROUND WAS PRETTY UNEVENTFUL, TO BE HONEST SO UHH ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER!" The crowd lets out an uproarious cheer.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Forest and Lava.

"OH COOL, LAVA, HAVEN'T SEEN THAT IN DOUBLES YET. I SURE HOPE NO ONE GTES BURIED IN THE HOT MOLTEN MAGMA!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose a single new floor. The entire arena was a forest, for sure. Dense trees and shrubbery made that much clear. However, in the direct center of the arena, where the two teams would most likely clash, was a path of destruction left by lava, apparently not too long ago. The trees were all dead and burnt and the shrubbery was nonexistent. The forest ground was a hard cracked earth, with pockets of cooling lava here and there.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants. Each start in the forest and can see far enough through the trees to the open center o the arena, but not past it.

(A coin flip decided Lucina and Isabelle get the first posts. The arena size is that of the 2v2 arena in the show, and features scaled down biomes. Good luck, contestants.)
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
"... I can't believe we actually made it this far." Isabelle took a moment to survey their environment, a slight smile coming to her face. It would be easy for her to get higher ground here, which had potential to make landing shots on their opponents easy. That would probably depend on whether or not the other team also had the means to quickly scale them. Glancing over at her teammate, she started to draw her sword.

"I'm thinking that this forest is going make things a little easier. I guess we might as well go towards the middle. I'll probably hop into the trees at some point and cover you from up there. Once that happens, I guess, just... try not to get hit?" She realized how dumb the advice sounded, but seeing as she lacked anything better to say, she simply shrugged. Her gaze then turned back in front of them. With how dense the shrubbery was, they couldn't see their opponents just yet, but she imagined that they would be headed towards the open area as well. "Something tells me they aren't going to just stand around this time." After her last remark, she started walking forward at a brisk pace, still taking a look at everything around them to get as familiar with the terrain as possible.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster

Skylia

• Been Around

• Personal Text
    O kawaii koto
    • View Profile
Getting a nice look at the slot machine that had decided her fate, Lucina would give a huge sigh that would show how, exactly, she felt about the lava portion of the arena. Not having too much time to waste lollygagging around, Lucina would quickly inspect the environment around her. Noting the mass expanse of trees, she would be slightly less annoyed about the lava, since it was mainly restricted to the center of the arena. Thinking to herself, Lucina would attempt to conjure up some kind of plan to spout off before they were noticed. "With Belle here, we can snipe cucks who are too dumb to catch her. But what the fuck do I do, exactly?"

Being snapped out of her 'muse-fest' by Isabelle's general plan, Lucina would agree for the most part; especially with the "try not to get hit" part. Giving off a confused look, Lucina would reply by inquisitively saying "Yeah, I...guess I'll try that?" Noting that her leader didn't even have a plan for her, she began to walk at a somewhat steady pace towards Isabelle in an attempt to get in front of her just in case she might need to defend from an ambush. She would need to come up with something other than "hit the enemy and don't be hit" very fast.
Lucina Archaletta - The Haughty Hipster - 1st Year Beacon Student on Team ALIA

Vanilla Stella-Maris - The Indomitable Idol - Special Operations Combat Idol  - WiP

Primrose Palatine - The Dexterous Duelist - Atlesian Professor of Combat Flow - WiP

SirZinger

• Personal Text
    Let's get it done.
    • View Profile
Verdant looked around the arena and saw it was a forest that surrounded an open field with a pool of lava in the center.  Verdant was glad that he was would be fighting in his native environment although he was worried that the forest would catch fire. Actually, he might be able to use that to his advantage if he needed to, he turned to Juno and said: "I'll cover you from the trees you go on and engage them."
Verdant started to run off into the forest but then stopped to say one last thing.
"Oh, Juno you should be ready for rain," Verdant said with a smirk then turned back around to run into the forest to find cover. Verdant looked around him and found a tall tree where he would have a good line of sight for sniper support. He quickly climbs to a branch that would be hard to spot from the ground and waited for the opposing team to advance.
Verdant Cowl First Year Student. Archer of VCVS

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
Juno rolled his shoulders back as he and Verdant strode into the arena, an odd sense of deja vu encompassing him as he did so. No matter. This was the finals. Their focus was victory above all else. As Verdant spoke, Juno listened, giving a simple nod. "Took the words right out of my mouth. Prioritize the archer, Verdant. The other one is mine."

With that, Juno moved for the edge of the pool, pacing around the circumference as he stared down Lucina, sizing her up and analyzing her weapon. The cleaver could best be matched with his sword, and should be relatively easily blocked by his shield. Nevertheless, he was too far from engagement distance, whereas their archer was not. Taking a moment to deploy his shield, Juno maintained his stride, awaiting an attack.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Metroidhunter

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
With one of their opponents now in sight, Isabelle gave a quick glance at the treeline behind him, not spotting his teammate anywhere just yet. More likely than not, he would either be coming in from the sides for some sort of ambush, or hiding in a safe spot to launch projectiles towards them. The latter was something that she had considered doing herself, though it seemed rather predictable to start off with that. With her semblance, it wouldn't be difficult to switch to that strategy at a moment's notice anyway, so she made sure to keep that potential tactic in mind.

"Definitely focus on that guy in front for now, but keep an eye out for the other one. If he doesn't show up soon, I'll see what I can do about getting to him." Continuing to move forward, she gazed at the pool of lava for a moment, a couple ideas coming to mind as she did so. "And if that won't work, we'll make him come out."

Spotting the shield that he had deployed, Isabelle frowned, slowing down to a stop. "Ehh... Small change of plans. You go on ahead. Something tells me you'll handle that better than I would." Briefly tilting her head to the right to signal to Lucina to head that way around the pool, she began moving at a slow pace to the left, getting back into the treeline while sheathing her sword. With a quick motion, she drew both her bow and a plain arrow, nocking it and then releasing it in the direction of Juno's shield, mostly just to see what sort of reaction would occur [7% damage]. With a little over a dozen in her quiver, it wasn't much of a waste.
Ferra Mars - The Iron Trooper
Iris Astria - The All-Seeing Eye
Cloe Zeu - The Cyber Speedster