Author Topic: Letting Loose [Closed]  (Read 2290 times)

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
Letting Loose [Closed]
« on: March 24, 2019, 01:03:13 AM »
It’s a nice day.

Chantou likes taking advantage of nice days. Park somewhere a ways away from the school in the sun so she can smoke without getting bothered, prop her feet up on the dashboard of her Babygirl, and lean back and let the sunshine soak in.

Even if enjoying the sunshine meant sneaking out of her midday study hall to drive into some far-off corner of campus, that was frankly mostly dirt road and open field. But hey, she’d managed to finish all her work early for once - she didn’t want that annoying nagging voice in the back of her head to disrupt her nice weekend - so she really hadn’t needed to stick around.

So she can just lean back, and enjoy her afternoon.
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Chantou Rou - Beacon First Year, Insect-Eyed Rebel of Team LGGR (Lager) #ff82a4

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
Re: Letting Loose [Closed]
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »
It was a beautiful day out, and Aurelia found herself with an interesting problem:  she had nothing to do.  It was a rare occurrence in her day-to-day life, where she has already finished all the work for her classes, had no major tests to study for, no spars to organize or take part in, nothing.  And so, Aurelia is left drumming her fingers in the library, bored

Boredom is an unusual state of mind for her.  Ever since she was a child, her mind was normally occupied with something.  Whether it be studies, training, or even battle, she’s never really had a chance to let her mind wander, and she doesn’t really know what to do about it. 

Perhaps she could contact her sister?  No, she’s normally busy at this time of day.  Maybe she could look for a spar?  No, classes are still going on, and the training rings are almost certainly still in use.  The only thing she can really do at the moment is take Noble Steed and wander around campus, though she’d almost certainly draw attention to herself.  Then again, she’s used to attention, and a lack of subtlety is a small price to pay to escape this dreaded boredom.

And with her mind made up, she gets up and leaves the library, summoning Noble Steed once outside.  It’s a bit inconvenient for the students and faculty milling about to navigate around her semblance, so the cavalier decides to wander around the outskirts of campus in the hopes that her selfish recreational activity doesn’t bother too many others.  Besides, she doesn’t explore the far corners of the campus very often, so it may be a nice change of scenery.

About a half-hour into her ride, she comes across a nice sunny area with a view over-looking the lake between Beacon and Vale.  It would almost be perfect if it weren’t for the stench of cigarette smoke and the shoddy-looking vehicle parked in the dirt.

Wait.

She recognizes that jeep, and the number of students who smoke can be counted on one hand.  And as Aurelia and her Steed approach the vehicle in question, she lets out a sigh as she sees the lazy, stretched out form of the culprit.

”Slacking off again, I see.  Haven’t I told you that smoking is bad for you?”
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:58:10 PM by ReaperJoe »
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 08:21:23 PM »
"Good to see ya' too, Lumen."

Chantou only lazily turns her head to greet the woman, a lazy smile on her face despite the rude interruption of her warm, sunny afternoon. Despite the upperclassman's grumpiness, the weather has put her into too-good a mood to let anything spoil it - so all she does is shift her feet off the dashboard to sit up, taking another drag of her cigarette. "Don't ya' think you're bein' a bit presumptuous there? I still wouldn't be attendin' the school this far into the semester if I weren't doin' the work, y'know?"

"N' hey, if I wanna kill my lungs, let me do it on my own jurisdiction. We're trainin' to the save the world and fight monsters everyday, we gotta relax when we can - n' that what's your doin' out here as well, aren'tcha?"
'
Prism Skylark - Beacon First Year, Winged Sharpshooter and Leader of Team CASA (Casanova) #ffffff

Albrecht Clodwal - Beacon First Year, White Knight Nice-Guy of Team CNRS (Cinerous) #00a4a4

Azre and Erza Sundown- Shade First Years, Fallen Stars of Team RASB (Raspberry) #fe2d00, #feab00

Jima Purpora - Beacon Third Year, Grimm-Obsessed Scholar of Team PLSM (Plasma) #6e3aa8

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »
Aurelia gives a deadpan stare in response to Chantou's lackadaisical greeting, thoroughly unimpressed with the younger student's casual demeanor.  What is it with this batch of first years?  Why do they insist on acting so blasé? she thinks to herself.

"Well, I'm happy to hear your studies are going well," she says in response, "and you're right, it is important to take time off.  However, there has got to be a better way to relax than to, as you put it, 'kill your lungs'."  She pauses for a bit to sniff the air, which apparently causes her face to scrunch up and her semblance to let out a snort.  She ultimately ends up pinching her nose. "Health concerns aside, do you not realize how terrible they smell?  You're making this beautiful day smell like a hobo's trash fire," she says flatly. 
Smokey Emberstone Beacon 1st Year and the Immovable Gunslinger of Team DASE "I've got more than enough firepower to beat you" "You've only got one bullet!" "Like I said, more than enough"

Aurelia Lumen Beacon 3rd year and the Warhorse of Team (TBD)  "Lay down your weapons, lest you wish to taste my steel!"

Wabul "Toast" Paka Shade 1st year and the Acrobatic Swashbuckler of Team (TBD)  "Hey, I'm gonna go jump off a bridge, who's with me?"

Lucas Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Hermit of Team CLVS  "What's so great about 'bittersweet'?"

Clara Meridiem Beacon 1st year and the Blast Magician of Team (TBD) "No one likes just plain ol' bitter"

August Flare Beacon 1st year and the would-be ruler of the world "Join me, and witness the Brightest Future!"

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400

Moth

• Personal Text
    *moth noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 03:20:43 PM »
"N' you're an absolute delight to interact with, aren't ya?" Chantou answers, letting her eyebrow lazily raise in response to the woman's gruff response. This woman's foot is so far up her own ass it's kinda impressive, frankly. Chantou should try to do something about that. She at least leans forwards to pop open a small drawer on the dashboard, revealing a small collection of cigarette butts, before dropping the remains of her own in and shutting the little container - she's not enough of an ass to smoke around other people at least, especially if they don't enjoy the smell.

"So what would ya' suggest I do instead?"

ReaperJoe

• Personal Text
    All criticism is valid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 07:38:48 PM »
"So I've been told," Aurelia responds dryly to Chantou's sarcasm, though she is happy to see the 1st year put out her cigarette.  Still, Aurelia's fairly certain that Chantou will light up again as soon as she leaves, and thus decides to stick around for a bit longer.  It's for her own good.

"Well, almost anything would be better than what you were doing, though if you're seriously asking for my suggestions, light exercise is known to be incredibly cathartic.  Not to mention, it'll keep you in better shape for when you fight monsters hell-bent on tearing you limb from limb," she says knowing full well that the other student probably wouldn't take up her suggestion.  She continues, "The only important thing is that whatever you choose doesn't involve damaging your vital organs."

Hexcodes:
FFD700
E55812
CCE9AE
Cyan
FFA400