Author Topic: Things That Go Bump in the Mind (Closed)  (Read 2241 times)

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
Things That Go Bump in the Mind (Closed)
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

terexia

• View Profile
Re: Things That Go Bump in the Mind (Closed)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:27:41 AM »
‘I should get out of here, ‘ She thinks piteously. What the hell was she even doing here? Trying to be a hero? She'd killed a enough of a handful of better contenders already.  Redemption? This wasn't some childish story,  no this was real and no matter how she was deemed by law she know what she did.  She was a garnered of hatred, someone who rallied in front of the most despicable people known to Vale. And due to her family's influence, and the fact that there were other children like her involved, she was spared the life time of condemnation she deserved. She didn't deserve to be here, she thinks as she  sickening feeling in her gut. ‘Heh...I’m more fucking guilty for getting away with my crimes then committing them.’ She bites her bottom lip as  silently thinks of a way to escape to leave , she wasn't supposed to be here.

Violet felt someone touched her back, and recoiled slightly at the touch. ‘What the…’ She relaxes as the touch becomes a gentle touch, in a calming motion. In the dim light she saw a large man crouched beside her  and attempt to comfort her. Violet struggles to swallow her sobbing and croaks out in a small voice. “I..I didn't meant-to wake any...anyone. But y-yes tonight has been… difficult” She replies wiping her face on the inside of her hooded blanket, and she shivered.The feeling of Grimm jumping on her face hadn't quite left her senses yet. She wanted to push the man away to make him leave, but the night was aged and the shadows seemed to creep in the corners so she silenced her anxious thoughts, hoping he might stay and keep her company.

Violet realized she didn't have her makeup on,  but there was no way to deal with that problem. To put it bluntly Violet had run out of shit to give. She was sweaty,  and the fabric she was swathed in was almost suffocatingly enclosed. Plus from what she had seen from earlier, if there was anyone who seemed like they could keep a secret,  it was Marlon. After looking to her sides to ensure everyone else was asleep she lifted her hood slightly. She let out a slight sigh of relief as the cool air rushed to her face and neck.  Even in the dim light her marring was visible, Her face was a patchwork of skin tones abrupt changes in color places where skin had been grafted, and other raised discoloration from burn marks .  At the base of her face were two small tribal-esque tattoos but they seemed to be etched  into her skin as if the pattern  had been gouged into her before the ink had been laid. Violet let out a shuddering sigh she glances at Marlon before looking at the ground. “I have  too… m-much on my mind,  to f-fall asleep.” she states in an exhausted gravelly voice.

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 12:55:18 AM »
Marlon came very close to recoiling at the sight of her face once the light hit it. Just what the devil had this girl been through? Thankfully his own features were still in shadow, and a lifetime of watching grisly injuries made this not so repulsive as it might have been to others.

"Don't ya mind, Miss, I was already woke." he explained, shifting from his knees to sit down next to her. Putting a friendly arm around her, he gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze and looked her dead in the eyes...say, those peepers looked awful familiar...and that voice...She was that tiny little thing from earlier, the one who'd flung Fruitcake around. Well I'll be...

"Ya need to talk about somethin'? I'm not much for sleep right now myself." Shucks, she felt durned small in his arm like that...she was tough little mite, for sure.
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

terexia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »
At the feeling of someone's arms around her Violet had to stop herself from shuddering, sure the action itself was comforting and it was from someone that she knew she could trust. But she did not like people touching her, and her skin was easily irritated, that feeling of someone's arms laying on it send shivers down her spine. Clearing her throat Violet croaks out. “You ever feel like you don't belong somewhere? L-like everywhere you go you're re...reminded about ... “ Taking a deep breath Violet presses her fingers against her temple. She wanted to vent, hell for once in her life she wanted to scream out what she was feeling. She didn't even last a day before losing her shit, and she knew if she didn't let it out somehow find some sort of outlet, she would make a week let alone the whole school year. 

“I… I Just have a feeling in the pit of my st-stomach, some...something I carry with me. “Everything I've ever known has been ripped away from me, everything I think I-is right end up b...being so, so wrong… I j-just c...can't believe that somehow every...everything's gonna somehow go perfectly” She croaks hardly audible from her cracking weak voice and stuttering babbling sobbing. “A wave of fuck...f….bullshit and death follow everything I do, and I can't help but think this is going to be the same.” Violet sniffles trying to regain her composure, ‘I’m babbling’ she thinks irritated at herself. She wasn't good with conveying her emotions, hell this guy didn't even know her and she just dumped a vague lifetime's worth of problems on his lap.