Author Topic: System Reboot [Private]  (Read 3462 times)

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    The man your man could post like
    • View Profile
System Reboot [Private]
« on: September 16, 2016, 02:02:43 AM »
Mid jab. Heavy backhand. Sweep kick. Project sword. Slash.

An elaborate dance that began with those five steps. No matter how far Juno tried to distance himself from Atlas, he had to appreciate the beauty of a well put together combination. Juno ran the steps in his head, having just practiced that particular setup string for hours. He had obligations to VCVS, yes, but he was at Beacon to learn the craft of a Huntsman. If he didn't practice fighting, he would fall behind, and he couldn't afford that. Not at this stage.

Besides, his team would call him if they needed him, right? He was their leader after all.

The young man hadn't even changed out of the ANUBIS suit as he took a seat on one of the courtyard benches, a hardlight projection of Omicron sitting upon his shoulder.

"I saw a 67% increase in efficiency between your first attempt and your last. I guess that the old proverb is true."

"Fear the man who has practiced one kick a thousand times rather than the man who has practiced a thousand kicks only once." Juno responded, glancing at Omicron as his visor retracted into his headset. "I could still do better. Sword draw kept feeling too sluggish to me."

"67. Percent. Increase. You need  to relax. Body monitoring AI's orders." Omicron said with a roll of his eyes before stretching out his arms and standing up.

"Eh, you're no doctor." was Juno's only reply as he pulled his elbows onto the back of the bench, leaning back and watching the other students go by.

Yeah, he could use some time to rest before he got back to the dorm.
Juno Varia: The Street Punk

Juno Vert: 1st year student of Beacon, Armored leader of Team VCVS

Phi: #007ba7

Nebu Nekhbet: DUAT unit 01: Desegnation RA

Nebu/Rho: #FFD700

Austin Vartra: TBA

Asterisk

• View Profile
Re: System Reboot [Private]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 07:33:29 PM »
Stella had been sitting at a bench typing up an essay on her scroll when a holographic ring appeared around her.

"Ma'am, I'm detecting another intelligent computer nearby. Can I go talk to it? Pleeeeeaaaase?"

Sighing without looking up, she said, "Sure, go on ahead."

"Alright! Cool!" Asako pinged Omicron with a four-byte piece of information: 'Boop'

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »
Both Juno and Omicron paused at the sudden notification on their HUD, only to glance at eachother and give a shrug. They sure as hell didn't know anyone by the name of Asako, so Juno wouldn't exactly bother with answering. However, Omicron was curious as to who might possibly have their number. Taking a second to locate the source of the message, Omicron thought for a bit before sending something of his own.

Beep-Boop-Meow.

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 11:34:42 PM »
Seeing how Omicron responded to her ping, Asako happily told Stella, "It replied! Come on. Let's go meet them!" The holographic ring began fizzing and fluctuating excitedly and Stella's essay was instantly typed out and submitted to the teacher.

"Asako, no. They can come meet me if they want. I don't care. If you really want, finish creating the Joint Tactical Network you've been working on and use that."

"Oh. Okay then." After a few seconds, she said, "Okay! Done, debugged and optimized! Let's do this!" She sent Omicron an invite.

If Omicron accepts, he would find himself sitting at a tea table across from a girl with blue hair and eyes tied in a ponytail wearing a white dress in a large gazebo with vines crawling along the marble pillars, the entire thing overlooking the ocean.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 12:56:00 AM by Asterisk »

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 07:53:33 PM »
Once Omicron got the invitation, he glanced up toward Juno, who offered a simple shrug. It wasn't his decision whether the AI wanted to interact with another unit. Besides, what harm would Omi do?

Once Omi found himself in the chatroom, he glanced around, raising an eyebrow as he took in his surroundings. The area was surreal, as though it was out of a child's dream. Then there was the unit before him. She certainly had a flair for the dainty. Granted, she took all this time to set this up, he might as well introduce himself.

"Hello, Asako. I am Omicron. How are you functioning today?"

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 08:34:45 PM »
"Hi Omicron! Welcome to the Joint Tactical Network! Now that you've been added, you can contact me anytime though here. Like always, I am functioning great! And you?"

Zwei Not

• "Better than Krillin"

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 02:04:52 AM »
"I'm functioning optimally. I assume you are Asako?" the AI inquired, raising an eyebrow as he studied the other entity. She was complex for what he had assumed to be a basic AI, but not complex enough to be a Smart AI of his caliber. "If I may ask, what is your directive?"

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:22:24 AM »
"That is correct. As for my directive? I have no directive. But I assist my mistress in her tasks. These include but are not limited to: house chores, providing an endless stream of funds through various means, moderating the popular MMO Ad Libitum Online, achieving at least one scientific breakthrough every other day, and assisting milady in the field. Additionally, there are other tasks I cannot disclose. And you?"