Author Topic: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]  (Read 20080 times)

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A Booming and energetic voice explodes through the speakers set up around the enormous stadium. A deep and gravely voice, like someone who spent too much time smoking and decided now would be a good time to start screaming for their entire life. "WELCOME TO THE FORTIETH BIANNUAL VYTAL FESTIVAL!" The crowd erupted into a ceremonious cheer, whoops and hollers came from all corners of Remnant as people tuned into the match from home. "I AM YOUR ANNOUNCER, VULCO DENTRES, AND I WILL BE SERENADING YOU WITH THE SOOTHING SOUND OF MY VOICE DURING THE COURSE OF THE MATCH- JUST KIDDING, F ҉   ҉ KERS-" A loud, annoying BEEEP filled the arena. Of course, this of all events was kid friendly. "WHY WOULD I DO THAT!? I'M GOING TO SIT BACK AND LET YOU ENJOY THE PURE UNBRIDLED COMBAT! PREPARE YOURSELVES, IN THIS PRELIMINARY ROUND, WE HAVE A SHADE STUDENT AND A BEACON, AND CAN I JUST SAY- I THINK MAYBE THE ENORMOUS BARELY FUNCTIONAL CLOCK WAS A WEIRD CHOICE FOR BEACON.... OKAY, I'M GETTING WORD I CAN'T DISCUSS THAT HERE SO BACK TO THE MAAATCH! IN ONE CORNER, WE HAVE MARTIN ROJA. FIRST YEAR STUDENT, EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD, AND A FIRST TIME CONTESTANT! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT, FOLKS? SO YOUNG, YET SO SANDY! VACUO IS TRULY COURSE, IRRITATING, AND GETS EVER- JESUS, DEREK I'M SORRY I KEEP TALKING POLITICS, STOP SCREAMING IN MY EAR!! ANYWAY, IN THE OTHER CORNER WE HAVE THE FIRST YEAR STUDENT, RAZZMATAZZ GELE! THIS HUNTER IN TRAINING IS SEVENTEEN AND HE HAS THE WEIRDEST F ҉   ҉ KING NAME I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.... AND IT'S F ҉   ҉ KING AWESOME! BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THEM, LET'S SEE WHAT THEY'LL BE FIGHTING IN. TO THE ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER, OR AS I LIKE TO CALL IT, THE ANTI-ENVIRONMENTAL SPINNER! ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES ISN'T THE SAME THING AS POLITICS, DEREK, SHUT UP!" The crowd, though somewhat confused, cheered heartily.

A large holographic image of a lottery machine appears on all sides of the arena, with two spinners. The spinners spun so quickly, making it nearly impossible to make out the passing words. It ticked through the options slower and slower until it finally stopped on Swamp and River.

A loud laugh came from the speakers. "I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE WATER!"

The floor of the arena lowered and, in its place, arose two new floors. Martin's half was a sparely packed swamp, complete with murky, sticky ground, wines, and mosquitos, and Razzmatazz's half become a rushing river, flowing into the swamp, comeplte with a rocky riverbank, and holographic salmon, swimming against stream.

Just then, the doors on each side of the arena opened and, from them, out strolled the combatants.

(A coin flip decided Martin gets the first post. The arena size is that of the 1v1 arena in the show, but still features biomes, though scaled down. Good luck, contestants.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:05:56 PM by Dr. Gustave »
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

OmegaX123

• View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:43:27 PM »
"I's time," Martin shouted as he approached the arena. One thing about Martin Roja, he knows how to play to the crowds. The moment his foot hit the arena, he loosened and removed the bandana from his neck, throwing it into the crowd. "No risk of a sandstorm here, is there?"

He unslung the sword from his back, made a test/showoff swing into thin air, then charged his opponent, shifting his sword to polearm form and using it for upward momentum. "Alley-oop!" He turned himself horizontal and began spinning, bringing his blade down towards his opponent's head (2% aura depletion if it hits, if I understood the rules on this part correctly)
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 2/8]
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 11:05:11 PM »
Guess who caught it, Sakura Lunciar. She waved at Martin with a smile. Luckily for her, not many requests came in to have their weapons checked or anything so she managed to get herself a front row seat. She was not sure if Martin could recognize her. When they first met, her face was dirty and wearing a really buggy set of clothes. Also brown hair.

But now Sakura has pink hair like she usually does, wearing her color changing kimono and her many accessories that her look like a dainty kimono girl.
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

Kiith

• Personal Text
    I don't know what I'm doing
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 Preliminary Match: Martin V Razzmatazz [Limited: 3/8]
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 06:21:18 AM »
When Xanh had seen who was participating in one of the very first matches of the tournament she just had to get herself a seat in the arena. After all she had not only managed to motivate Martin to toss his hat into the ring, almost obligating her to have a look at his first fight. There also would of course be a good amount of punching going on - and what would be a better reason to watch anything?

So now she was here, amongst the rows of spectators, staring down towards the soon to be battleground in great anticipation. As a set of doors opened on opposing sides of the arena a satisfied smirk settled on her face. Finally! It didn't take long for her to spot which of the two contestants Martin was, and - for better or worse - there was noone censoring her as she shouted his way: "Kick him in the nuts and fuck him up, Mart'!"

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    (´・ω・`) | I feel down the stairs and ravioli on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 08:29:55 AM »
Razz was happy to be here. He was happy to be studying in Beacon to begin with, but to be able to participate in the tournament, and in one of the opening fights no less? Boy, he was ecstatic. He strutted out through the doors and onto the field, smiling brightly and waving enthusiastically at the crowd around him. Doing so, he almost didn't notice the river, and nearly fell face-first into it.

"Whoa! Gotta watch out for- HOLY COW!" Razz, still overwhelmed by everything and anything, failed to realize his opponent had already begun his attack, and was flung back by the force of the initial strike. Still, the boy managed to stay up on his two feet, not falling into the river. Razz rubbed his forehead, taking our Rozhe Orchideya and swinging it to change it into its blade form. "Guess I should concentrate some more, eh?" The boy said, before taking a more ready stance. He didn't attack yet, rather observing his adversary's footwork. He knew he wasn't the best fighter at Beacon, so maybe the terrain could help out a little.
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Anza Burgundy - 1st Year archer of team CRSA. "War eagle, feller!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

LuckyStar

• Personal Text
    Licky Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 08:44:59 AM »
Sakura wanted to shout about how Razz's weapon works, she had a certain for telling how a weapon works just by observation. But she wanted to be fair.

"Put Razz out of his jazz and win this Martin and I promise I would give you free maintenance the next time you visit!
I luv my CC: ShowHide
 2nd Year Roaring Tiger Cidrine Laohu

2nd Year Flower Mechanic Sakura Lunciar - Proudly HRMS

3rd Year Aurora Beats Aurelia Hestia

3rd Year Demon Cat Kelly Green - Proudly DVGS(hopefully0

4th Year Butterfly Samurai Uken Takeda -

Fisherman, Florist, Sniper Thurn Gassenwald - "I'm hooked on a feeling!"

Hunter, Doctor, Lawyer, Goddess of Victory Nike Fortunato -"Please stop calling me the Goddess of Victory..."

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:10:13 AM »
Martin, just barely hearing two familiar voices over the roar of the crowd and of the adrenaline-fueled blood rushing through him, smiled. "Sorry about the early start, but I've gotta put on a good show for my fans," he joked as he shifted Gradus Bellum back into sword form. "You get me?" He waved in the vague direction of where the voices came from.
Martin Roja - 1st2nd-year student nosey-pants (see "Chasing Shadows" for details) of ShadeBeacon Academy (see "Under the Vacuan Stars" and "Immigration Blues" for details)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
(Forgot to mention Razzy's aura damage. Gonna do that now.)

[Aura: 98%]

Razz briefly glanced at where Martin pointed his blade, and his face lit up. "Oh, you have friends watching! Awesome! My team's probably up there somewhere, too!" The boy said, giving a short laugh and starting to circle around his opponent, wary of his own feet. Last thing he wanted to to do now was slip and fall on his ass. "Let's give a good show then!" He called out, before lunging ahead and going for a simple slash, having positioned himself so that he was facing away from the river. As before, not falling in was a priority. (5% depletion if it hits. )
Razzmatazz Gele - 2nd Year warrior of happiness of Team ____. "Oh, I also like ____! Let's be friends!"

Janna Tarmac - 1st Year tank lady of Team DGTL. "Our job is to protect the innocent, and that's what I do."

Reginald Royale - 1st year snotty brat of team RBLS. "I'm telling father about this!"

Rufus Chocla - 2nd year freestyle rapper of team APRC. "Rap comes from the Soul, don't mess with the Flow, if you can't take no more, don't wait for Encore!"

Silica Methiviola - Assistant to the Royale Family/Reginald. "Suck my metaphorical dick, nerd."

Coconut Cream - 1st Year pervert of team CASA. "B-before we fight could you just like... nyah once for me?"

Tiber Rostrum - 1st year Bea(k)on student. "*Unintelligible, birdlike gibberish*"

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Martin attempted to sidestep the incoming blade, but his foot lands squarely in a deeper, squelchy bit of swamp, and he stumbled. The blade met its target, but barely. Recovering from the near-fall, Martin closes his eyes for a brief moment, and dives backwards, attempting to put some space between himself and his opponent.

[95% aura, as per the rule. Like the text said, it was a barely-hit, not a near-miss, so it still counts as a hit, I just forgot to add this]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:35:52 PM by OmegaX123 »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 10:12:18 AM »
Razz pulled his blade back and stopped himself from moving forward, as he didn't feel like getting in the swamp quite yet. He didn't know that much about how his opponent fought, but he knew for certain that he himself wouldn't do well without plenty of mobility.

Instead, Razz hopped back onto the rocks on the riverbank, taking a defensive stance. Though when he came into the fight he had only hoped to have a good time and experience the tournament for himself, he was pretty into it now. The crowd just made him oh so excited!

Razz placed the blade in front of himself, facing his opponent with his own back to the river.

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 10:41:21 AM »
The retreating Martin... shattered and vanished? Meanwhile, behind his opponent, the *real* Martin brought his sword down across the other guy's back, glowing with the telltale red of a fire Dust cartridge. Martin looked thrilled, and he was - it was the first time he'd gotten to use his Semblance in this way, or any offensive way, against anything other than Grimm.

(5% depletion, if Razz doesn't block/dodge, and a lingering fire that, with aura shilling,  is more of an annoyance/distraction than anything)

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 11:44:58 AM »
Razz wasn't expecting an attack from behind. Not because he didn't think his opponent could get behind him, since he didn't know what Martin was capable of. The main reason he didn't expect it was because the river was right there.

Razz grunted as he was struck in the back, but retaliated right away. He intended to use that river to his advantage, going for a strike at Martin's legs. If this lands, he can get the guy to fall into the river. Now that would be something he can work with! (5% depletion.)

(Aura at 93%)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 12:27:15 PM »
Martin was surprised by how quickly his Razz reacted, and so was caught off-guard by the sweeping strike. "Whoa!" He fell backwards, just barely having enough time to point his sword - while shifting it to polearm form - down into the river, depositing him, thanks to the momentum, safely on the other side of the water. He took some damage, but managed to avoid a thorough soaking and disadvantageous position, but still got his feet wet (though that was a given, and already happened to one foot over in the swamp section), and that hit actually managed to hurt, even through his aura shield.

He spun his polearm over his head, bringing it to a stop pointing towards Razz, and - after finding the path of least wetness and least risk of being swept off-course or out of the arena by the rushing water - charged back across the river, yelling a wordless battlecry, swinging the weapon as he came closer to his opponent. (4% depletion, possibility of knockdown if Razz doesn't have good footing)

(90% aura and discomfort around the feet)

(Also, the 'shilling' below EDIT: above (was 'below' from the thread preview below the text entry, so I guess that stuck in my head), I was replying from my phone, and autocorrect caught a typo and assumed the wrong word. That should be 'shielding'.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:47:54 PM by OmegaX123 »

Walter

• Master of Traps

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 10:14:49 AM »
Razz spun around to see his opponent readying his charge on the other side. He didn't have much time to think, so he went for what made the most sense for him at the moment: strike back with equal force. As Martin made his attack, Razz moved to the side slightly to avoid a direct strike to his torso, while moving his own blade up to meet his opponent.

He was intending to let his opponent strike him, using Martin's own momentum against him. Tit for tat.

(10% damage if the attack connects, you can dodge out of it, though. Gonna refrain from applying the damage from the attack just yet.)

My good ole AMA

OmegaX123

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 11:41:54 AM »
Martin just barely had time to notice Razz's attack and adjust his plan. The safest and quickest thing he could do - rushing across a raging river as he was - was to again plunge the blade of his weapon into the icy depths, quenching the last traces of the fire Dust's effect, and use his momentum to turn it into a vaulting pole. He leaps over Razz, almost sticking the landing, but stumbling on a loose rock. Steadying himself, he shifted his weapon back into sword form, raising it defensively and moving cautiously now, circling Razz, clearly calculating his next move.