Author Topic: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]  (Read 23748 times)

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    There's no accounting for dumbass
    • View Profile
Re: First Year 1v1 1st Round: Gray V Nathan[Limited: 5/8]
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 12:56:51 AM »
Gray sidestepped as he felt neither of his strikes connect and went to press his attack completely unaware that doing so had caused him to evade a strike aimed at his neck. Adjusting the grip on Lamnia Gray brought it down with all his might on top of his opponents now extended arms and then he moved in as close as he could and sent a punch at his opponents gut hoping to not give the boy any chance to recover.

[5% for each attack]
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    Infinite ADHD Asperger's physicist monkeys
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 07:38:18 AM »
Thank goodness he'd been moving into a defensive stance or he would've got hit square on the arms. However, since he had been doing so, he easily managed to block the swing with his staff's mid-section, but was caught off-guard as his opponent rushed him and punched him in the gut. Briefly wheezing - he'd had worse encounters with a concrete bench - , he pushed his opponent off of him and swung as hard as he could without using his semblance, the tip of Ergia becoming fuzzy as it headed towards the Faunus' genitals.

(Hit: 7%)
(Aura: 95%)
Characters: ShowHide
Nathan Eau, De Facto Jetpack Guy and Leader of Team INKK
Camelia Sol, Miss Magnetic Personality and Leader of Team CAST
Anna Fall, Insightful Visionary of Team ASTC
Brock Greenwood, Human Titan of Team DGTL
Helena Chlophyll, Ray of Sunshine of Team CHES
Scarlett/Corinth,Korynn,etc. Briggart/Topaz (In the works)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Maena Nadir, Coherent Beam of Team SSMR
Europa/Encela(dus)/Io/Callisto/Calypso (In the works)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"Some goddamn bullshit, Invictus Omega"
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"I swear it's not my fault"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 10:05:53 PM »
As he was being pushed back Gray decided now would be a good time to dash out of range. Leaping back with the push he was well away before the attack reached his special place. Changing Lamnia back to it's bow form as he did so Gray notched an electric arrow and let fly aiming not to hit Nathan but to channel the electricity through his weapon in an attempt to deal more damage.

(7% damage if the attack works.
1st year reckless idiot of team LGGR- Gray Saggio- "oh screw it. I'll just hit it till it dies!" 660066

psychotic mercenary- Alizarin rust "make me your enemy and they won't be able to identify your corpse"1C6BA0[/url]

lone wolf huntsman. ex member of team SAND cerulean steel "You are welcome to accompany me but if something goes wrong I'll deal with it myself." 2B3B44

1st year glass canon of team TBD Fallow Russet  "I may have been forced into this but that doesn't mean i don't like it." 50c878

2nd year drunken gearhead(teamless) Revya Vermillion "If you were to change to a lighter metal and add gears here, here and here you could greatly- I've entirely lost you haven't I?" Orange

1st year nimble tank of team CRSA Sandy Smoke "I've been told I'm a right bastard to fight against. Care to try ya luck?"355e3b[/color]

Guardian huntsman and drummer for Grimm Omen Ceramite Gunmetal "A barfight? alright then. SHOWTIME!" 800020 WIP[/u]

White Fang power couple. Ignis and Glacies. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwpudWRx7eg] Partners in crime

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 06:44:14 AM »
As soon as Nathan realised that Gray was pulling back, Nathan stopped moving forward and readied a defensive stance. He saw the arrow get notched and, waiting until it fired, managed to dodge out of the way as a smell of ozone filled the air and static made his skin crawl. This had been a mistake on his opponent's part.

Keeping ready for any aggressive motion from his enemy, he switched Ergia into assault form and just started spraying the corridor with plasmoids in the bowman's direction.

(3% per shot: take as many as you think works, he's in full auto)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 12:54:51 AM »
Seeing the staff beginning to transform into a gun Gray quickly turned and ran dashing around a corner where he would not be hit by any more shots. He did not escape unscathed though. 2 shots in the hail of bullets hitting their mark before he got to cover. Damn. That's some serious firepower he has there. Gray quickly switched Lamnia to twin sword from and awaited Nathan's next action.

[94% aura]

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 06:37:00 AM »
Nathan was a bit disappointed with himself. Only landing two shots? Come on! He was right there! Oh well, now he knew exactly where the opponent was, and the he seemed to be smart enough to stay in cover behind the concrete wall. Now, how to flush him out...

Within a second of seeing Gray dive behind the aforementioned corner, Ergia's barrel had extended to its full length and Nathan aimed at roughly where he thought the boy would be. Sure, going through a foot or two of concrete wasn't ideal, but he bet it'd make the other move, even if he failed to hit.

A bolt of invisible energy left Ergia, melting a small, deep hole right through the corner. He immediately switched Ergia back into assault form to capitalize on the opportunity - were Gray to come back out and charge at him, he'd let loose another hailstorm.

(10% if Gray gets hit, since he's behind a wall and the shot loses energy drilling through)
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »
As Gray remained in cover waiting for his opponent to pursue he felt a shot hit him through the wall knocking him forward "aaaaggh dammit." stumbling for a few steps Gray turned and rushed Nathan as he realised he wasn't going to be able to stay in cover. Running right back into autofire. "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK." Gray took a zigzag path to minimise the amount of shots he took before he reached Nathan. Once he reached Nathan he sidestepped the boy once again aiming for his arms this time also sending a strike for the boy's throat with his other sword hoping to make Nathan drop his weapon. [5% damage on each hit]

[59% aura]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:06:35 AM by arcus_gray »

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 11:10:52 AM »
(Post now replaced by more recent one.)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:59:17 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Uncouth T-Rex

• Personal Text
    Unofficial Forum Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 10:15:02 PM »
Jack chuckled quietly as Dogmeat ate a bunch of rounds while charging directly into automatic fire. Even if he managed to beat Nobody, which looked unlikely, spanking his dumb ass would be a breeze. Perfect.

Ki screamed as loud as she possibly could as Gray ran right through a hailstorm of fire to hammer that jetpack guy, really hoping the wolf faunus could hear her right now. "DO IT, GRAY, YOU GOT THIS BY THE ASS!" Even though he wasn't doing so well, she couldn't help but admire the guy's guts. It couldn't help but make her smile. He was dumb as a box of rocks. But damn was he brave.

Marlon finally got where he was going just in time to watch Saggio run headfirst into Eau unloading on him. He thumped down next to Miss Roux, cutting off Jack's view of her, and laughed, "And that's why I carry a shield." He leaned a little closer and rumbled in low tones, "Pardon my intrusion, Miss Roux. I figured ya could do with somebody watchin' your back while Mr. Eau was busy winnin' down there. 'Specially with Mr. Loosebritches hangin' round."
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, and walk humbly with your God.

Character List:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Marlon Murk-Leader of Team MRKD (Marked) "The power of the night, the press of the storm, The post of the foe; Where he stands, the Arch Fear in a visible form, Yet the strong man must go..."-Prospice, Robert Browning

Cheri Chanson-Team AFMC (Afirmacion) “The people who were trying to make this world worse are not taking the day off. Why should I?” -Bob Marley

Jack Pettibone-Leader of Team JCRA (Jackrabbit) "In my body, where the shame gland should be, there is a second awesome gland. True story."-Barney Stinson

Cherry Chainsaw "Wake up, I'm a bullet loosed Into the heart of a wretched age, I breathe just to beat and bruise, an evolution of the burnin' rage!"-Miracle of Sound, Hell to Pay

Professor Siobhan Clannad-Personal Finance and Home Economics Professor at Beacon Academy "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."-Unknown, often attributed to Saint Teresa of Calcutta

Professor Feltch Hatterly Criminal and International Law Professor at Beacon Academy "Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere."-G.K. Chesterton

Professor Scarlet Vandal Weapons Engineering and Design Professor at Beacon Academy "Perfection has one grave defect: It is apt to be dull."-W. Somerset Maugham

Character AMA here, Personal AMA here, Character/Plot Timeline here, Descent into Madness here

If you ever need writing advice, be it for a post, a plot, or a character, don't hesitate to ask, I'm happy to help! PM me if you need someone to DM Grimm or NPCs, or need my Professors in your threads, though my ability to help with that depends on my free time!

Asterisk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 10:39:45 PM »
Orchid screamed out right with Ki. "COME ON GRAY! COME ON!"

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »
Mauve had spent most of the match watching quietly and trying her best to not fidget, leading to her simply sitting rigidly. She was supremely nervous for Nathan, as she would not be participating in the competition, and she really wanted him to make a good name for Team FIRE. Though Ismael had won his preliminary against that Utsu. Served him right for being such a prick. Really though, she wished him the absolute best, and was undoubtedly Nathan's No. 1 fan, possibly after his parents, if they were watching. He was doing extremely well though, so it eased her nerves a bit.

Letting out a small 'Hmm?' at the thump that'd sounded next to her, Mauve lifted her gaze to find a torso. Lifting it more, she found the face of one Marlon Murk. "Oh. Good day to you Mr. Murk, rest assured that you have not intruded in the least bit. I always welcome the company of my peers. And I appreciate the trying to look out for me and all. Though I am fully capable of taking care of myself socially as well, a fact that you have shown to be well aware of. And this is not even considering the... extra eyes... that are looking out for me if anything gets physical. As I presume you refer to the heir of the Pettibones sitting only a few seats away from us, he wouldn't dare to try anything physically, nor verbally. The press are here as well. He's not the only one who's had some time in the ring. He knows that. Hmph. I can only hope that he does not get too far in this tourney. His head is big enough as is. But I must reiterate this, I do appreciate your actions." One of her practiced smiles, the one with only a sight lifting of the corners, one that lifted even more slightly after a moment, to present a feeling of lifted spirits. Her eyes started out wider than usual, created more of a fake doll look, before softening and narrowing as well, to present more truthfulness in her expression. She was too stressed to be truthful right now. Quickly, she turned her gaze back to the match, just catching herself before, to her horror, she started to crack her knuckles. Tch. Was she taught no better?
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 08:43:57 AM »
(Right. Shall we continue, then? >:D)

Nathan had been ready. Over a second before the other boy was in reach, he'd already started to turn Ergia into its staff form and taking a defensive stance. As Gray arrived upon him, Nathan ducked into a crouch, thereby avoiding the strike at his neck. Batting away the blade aimed for his arms with his staff, he spun Ergia to catch his opponent in the leg with the other end before stepping back and standing up, getting once again into a defensive stance.

(5% Aura damage on hit)
(Aura:95%)
(Ergia slugs: 275 | 300)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:19:59 AM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

Dr. Gustave

• The Nice Admin

• Personal Text
    Forgive me for what I must yabba dabba do
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 06:02:26 PM »
Autohit enabled.
Atlas: ShowHide
Mercenary: Kol Augur ~ The Judicator of Atlas
Speaking: #5C5054 Thinking: #EAC117

Mistral: ShowHide
Huntress-in-Training: Aca Roth ~ Member of Team RWND
Speaking: #E05260 Thinking: #EA857F
Huntress-in-Training: Brook Pallas ~ Member of Team CNBR
Speaking: #4863A0 Thinking: #98AFC7
Council Member: Phaedo Katsaros ~ Figurehead for Faunus/Human relations
Speaking: #667C26 Thinking: #B6CC76

Vacuo: ShowHide
40th Vytal Tournament Champion: Zabar Aga ~ Member of Team DAWN
Speaking: #CD7F32 Thinking: #EE9A4D

Vale: ShowHide
Huntress: Malina Nahualli-Roth ~ Leader of Team MCCA
Speaking: #993A64 Thinking: #8B0C44
Beacon Professor: Titania Printemps ~ Assistant Headmistress of Beacon Academy
Speaking: #4AA02C Thinking: #E55B3C
Drop-out: Durian Ghede ~ Former leader of team DFDL
Speaking: #E1BD27 Thinking: #AF8B00

nathan67003

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2016, 06:18:03 PM »
(Sorry to break posting order like this, but I believe I only added this this morning, which was about 12 hours ago. The reason is that I edited the post I made back when Nathan was in limbo. So, uh, yes, I'm not certain, but I think Arcus still has time. Again, sorry for breaking posting order.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:40:23 PM by nathan67003 »
Max (mp)
Chloe (mp)
Hannah Glass
Mark Cassini
Carlson Ferram
"The Ferryman"
"GREEEEEEEN"
"HOT HOT HOT"
"s m o l"
"Alastair Reynolds"
"Living Weapon"
"Glm"
"Librarian"
"Vibin'"
Cole McWrath
AAAA (a.k.a. AMAA)
AMCAA

arcus_gray

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2016, 07:23:15 PM »
Gray kept one of his blades pressed against Ergia as he jumped to avoid the strike flipping over Nathan and landing behind him before slashing at his back [5% damage]