Author Topic: Welcome to Shade Academy [Closed][VLPS]  (Read 13183 times)

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
Welcome to Shade Academy [Closed][VLPS]
« on: December 04, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »
One week prior to the larger student body's arrival, the first-year initiates at Shade were to gather in the main hall on the building's first of three layers. The first- and largest- layer contained the entrance, main hall (which doubled as a cafeteria and auditorium as needed), a modest indoor training hall, and a ring of classrooms. The second layer, accessible through staircases on either side of the main hall, contained the students' dorms. The initiates would move into these dorms at the end of their initiation week. At the top of the building stood the final, smallest layer. This layer, inaccessible to students, contained two main areas: A meeting room for official political purposes and staff meetings, and the headmaster's quarters. Outside the main structure of the building was a large open area used for outdoor training drills and matches, which was enclosed by a final wall that marked the end of Shade property.

The large and imposing nature of Shade Academy marked its importance to the society of Vacuo. It was built to withstand the test of time in the harsh Vacuan environment. There was no established transportation for first day students, but that didn't matter; any self-respecting Vacuan knew how to get there.
...Patchouli had to ask for directions.

Instructions for the first day of initiation were simple, as sent to the initiates on their scrolls. They were to locate their determined teammates within the main hall (based on names and pictures sent to them), and spend the rest of the evening exploring the academy and getting to know their team. It was made clear to them not to stay up too long, however; their skills in the field would be tested starting tomorrow.

As she walked into the main hall, Patchouli really hoped somebody would recognize her rather than the other way around.
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to Shade Academy [Closed][VLPS]
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:34:53 PM »
Lynae stroked her chin as she saw the names of her soon-to-be teammates. Maybe team..PLVS? What would that even be? The girl shrugged as she meandered, her eyes looking down at her scroll. Lynae was excited; she was finally at Shade and she also knew who her teammates were already! The blue-haired girl had the biggest grin in the world as she looked at her scroll, and back up to the students in front of her. As she strolled about she made sure to look out for her would-be teammates, but the search was getting harder and harder as she waded through groups of people and made it to the entrance of Shade academy.

It was becoming apparent in the main hall that she wasn't going to find her teammates without a little help. The girl laughed to herself as an idea came floating into her mind, an idea that just might work.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 01:49:00 PM »
Vidalia couldn't contain her excitement as she entered the school. She held Lunar Breaker in her right hand and in her left she held her scroll with instructions on where to go. Still, she couldn't believe that they accepted her to come here, never in her wildest dreams did she think that any combat academy would accept her with her ADHD condition. Along with having said condition she would have to leave a bit after the opening ceremony to go and talk to the psychologist so that the academy could begin progress on observing Vidalia's mental stability.

The scroll led her to the main hall with the pictures post up with teams already pre chosen for her. She looked for her own photo amongst the sea of others until she found her name and photo. For security reasons Vidalia snapped a picture of her team and began her search. They shouldn't be hard to find and they shouldn't have a hard time finding her. Not many people in Vacuo are brave enough to wear so much black with the overbearing heat they have here. Vidalia looked back at her scroll to have a second look at her team mates again. She smiled seeing another team member wear black like her, that would be easy to find in the sea of colored clothing. She also noted that the girl was probably just as white as her, maybe a little darker.

Vidalia found the girl she was looking for and decided to approach her. She felt short around her since Patchouli? was it, practically towered over her. Vidalia shoved her scroll in her tight grey stockings and switched Lunar breaker to her left hand.

Smiling she extended out her right hand to Patchouli. "Hi! I'm Vidalia. We are team mates."
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 03:44:19 PM »
Sona Aurelia stood amidst the crowd of freshman looking at the board of new teammates. The large holoscreen took up much of the wall, student photos in small two by two groups scattered across it's display. It took her a moment to find her own photo, a small smirk crosses her face as she sees her choker accessory before her face. Making a note of the names, Vidalia, Patchouli and Lynae, Sona checks her surroundings with a pleasant smile on her features before making her way out of the crowd. She walks through the crowd, people either moving out of the way from her disarming smile, the pace at which she walks from the crowd, or even her looks. There were a few that were obviously that last one, the boys with their jaws unhinged like they'd never seen a woman before. She watches each face as she passes through, clearly unafraid of direct eye contact.

Clearing the crowd, Sona takes a quick look behind her to the crowd she just exited, no longer smiling. Her shoulders relax a bit. Sona looks around for the faces that accompany her own on the holoscreen, or maybe a higher vantage point to look from.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »
Patchouli was relieved that someone else approached her. This girl even seemed pretty normal by looks alone. She looked down at Vidalia, at her broad smile, and gave her a gentle smile in return. "Patchouli. Nice to meet you." She took the girl's hand and shook it. While they were touching, she considered taking on Vidalia's personality... but no. All she knew was that the girl seemed social, which would be a nice thing to have right now, but it would be best if she made first impressions on the team as herself.

"Woooooow! Look at the bubbles! They're so preeeeeetty..." An airheaded student in the crowd could be heard saying. Nearly everybody, Patchouli included, turned to see a blue-haired girl dancing around and making a scene while large, mysterious bubbles emerged from around her.

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 04:05:47 PM »
Now Lynae was really enjoying herself. She had hoped that enough people had gathered around her to start to get the real search on. As the girl spun around her eyes darted from person to person. "I'm Lynae Stagno, please don't forget!" She said as she finally spotted two people from her team. She finished her dance with a bow, her vibrant turquoise aura dissipating and her Semblance bursting and falling down in a rain of sparkles.

Gallivanting, she made her way over to Patchouli and Vidalia, with a bright smile on her face. "Nice to meet you gals. Though, one's missing..hopefully she saw my beacon." Lynae held out her hand to the girls.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 01:04:59 PM »
"That I did, it was quite hard to miss." Sona says from behind the blue haired girl. She stands with her hands clasped behind her back, tilled forward slightly. Her eyes wisp from Lynae, to Patchouli, and then Vidalia. They pass over each of the girls with the sparkle of curiosity as well as something more, a more subtle emotion that is suppressed as quickly as it arose.

As quickly as she glanced over them she smiles, a warm expression coming over her features. "My name is Sona Aurelia, and it appears I'm late to the team meeting. Team... V,L,P,S. I wonder how that's pronounced?" she says with a wink and a little laugh.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 01:07:37 PM by willow_lark »

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
Vidalia was happy she made a good first impression on one of her teammates. She jumped hearing someone talking about bubbles? Bubbles aren't scary but the person said it loudly and close to Vidalia that it freaked her out. She quickly regained her composure and casually played it off and fixed her skirt. Turns out the person casting around bubbles was actually apart of her team. Then after her was another girl who introduced herself to Vidalia and the rest of the group.

“Looks like we are all here!” Vidalia clapped her hands together happily.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
"Quite a team we have here..." Realizing that what she said could be perceived as rude, Patchouli quickly added, "In a good way, of course! I'm sure we'll have an excellent couple years ahead of us." She really was satisfied with the team. Lynae and Vidalia seemed friendly and approachable, and if their upbeat attitudes ever got to be too much she could always fall back on Sona, who seemed more level-headed. Still, it was only their first meeting, and a pessimistic side of Patchouli couldn't help but worry about what else she may learn about them over the next four years.
...Oh, and there weren't any boys. Not that she had anything against boys, it's just... ugh. Probably don't bring that one up, Patchouli.

Then she remembered the rest of their instructions. "Hey, um... anyone know their way around the academy? We can take a look around, if everyone wants to..."

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »
"Well, I don't really know my way 'round the academy, but I do not object to a little stroll." Lynae stated cheerfully, after greeting Sona. "Yeah, four dangerous ladies versus the world! And we know who's gonna win." The bubbly girl laughed jokingly. Lynae was most certainly pleased with her team lineup, and felt the next few years were going to be great. Questioning where to go, Lynae looks to her teammates for their suggestions, whilst tossing around an aura bubble in an idle manner.

She also tried to spy hoe many people had got in their team already. Lynae was definitely proud of her bubble trick.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 08:24:23 PM »
Vidalia liked that Lynae shared the same enthusiasm as her, but it also worried her. Just because she and Lynae held similar personality traits does not ensure that they would get along fine. It's something that Vidalia has seen many times. People who tend to have similar personality will get into heated arguments over something as simple as how to ride a bike. Vidalia hoped that her friendship with Lynae wasn't going to be like that. From observing how Patchouli acted and Sona, Vidalia figured that she would be just fine since they seemed to be the most calm and level headed ones of the team.

There was no objection when Lynae proposed to explore the school. Vidalia did know the school a bit since she had to come frequently when her application for the school was still pending, although she was alone most of the time. Traveling with people was always more appealing to her since she would get so easily distracted by the smallest things. Maybe she should be quietly about her ADHD and only talk about it if they asked. Mmm, cupcakes sound great right now, she tells herself in her head.

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »
Sona lingers her gaze on Patchouli as she stammers out an addendum to her thoughts. She furrows her brow only slightly before smiling and nodding. She can't help cocking a wry grin towards Lynae with her bold commentary. Sona motions for the other girls to lead the way forward, stretching back and once again placing her hands behind her back.

She glances over the rest of the crowd. Most seem to have found groups, a good thing she supposed. She felt her brow furrow at the thought of the boys with their jaws on the floor. Blinking away the thought, she turns the entirety of her attention back to her new team. They were quite off to the side, and the other groups weren't too close to them. She smiles satisfactorily at that. 

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 01:46:50 PM »
Patchouli started leading the way down a hallway which branched off the west side of the room, but peeked back at her new teammates and could feel her face turning red. She took a step back and now stood side-by-side with Lynae rather than in front of everyone. "Is this way alright?" She asked, gesturing down the hall.

A directory on the right side of the hall identified this as the tactics wing. Patchouli grimaced at the thought of tactics lessons. Unlike in Grimm studies, aura studies, and combat prep, she had a lot of work to do in that department. The early huntsmen that inspired her to attend Shade hadn't needed tactics; they were just great fighters. Then again, the others were probably in the same boat. They were all first years, after all... right?

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 02:01:44 PM »
With a nod, Lynae continued down the hall, peeking through every door she walked past. Looking at the directory on her right, she thought of the classes she would have for the next few years. She was pretty decent when it came to tactics; while she wasn't too academically smart, she knew her way round a fight.

Trying to make conversation, Lynae asked, "So, what are you girls looking forward to most, learning wise? I, myself, quite enjoy aura studies. I trained in the control of aura my whole life, so I think I have a good grip on it, but I shall always strive to improve.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »
Vidalia zoned offered for a little bit as she walked behind the group like a lost puppy trusting a stranger. In this case it was a group of strangers. As long as they didn't forget Vidalia exists then she should be fine even if she manages to wander off. When she came back to reality Vidalia heard Lynae ask a question then answer it. Turns out she was also a big semblance user.

Diving into the group Vidalia piped in to also answer the question. "I want to learn better sword skills!"