Author Topic: War of Secrets [ASPN]  (Read 23348 times)

Ordelis

• View Profile
Re: War of Secrets [ASPN]
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
"A priest isn't too far off, however I prefer the term follower" Antra said as he emerged from the kitchen with a plate of bread, fruits, and a pitcher of water. "The white symbolizes purity you see, perhaps my immediate invitation of hospitality came off as a little alarming to you outsiders" Antra began to explain as he set the tray down on the table and took a seat opposite his guests. "In this village we believe in a great spirit, a spirit that lives within all strangers we have never met. We call this spirit Rahasya hence where the name of this village came from. It is believed Rahasya tests us all, treat the spirit with kindness and they shall receive the Blessings of Fortune in return. This cycle must be continued with all strangers lest we lose our Blessing. By donning the white purity of Rahasya it is a symbol to everyone else in the village that they have been granted the Blessing. This is important to us because the Blessing provides an invaluable protection on us all, a ward against Grimm, with the Blessing we are invisible to the evil beasts for they do not even approach us holy people, for we are too bright for their dark clouded eyes to even look at, let alone attack!"

"Grimm!? No There aren't any around here!ha..ha..err.No, thanks but err I'm perfectly ok! really just the occasional bandit or two haha..." The girl said with an awkward smile in between pauses.
"Really!? You'll tell me all about the city!? But err..." She pauses and looked around as if making sure the coast was clear. "Look please don't tell anyone you saw me ok? Or talked to me! Or you ever met me! Please just erase all memory of me when we're done ok!?" She said rapidly in a hurried panicking voice.

The largest structure in the village served as a Village meeting hall along with the Village Leader's home. The back entrance lead to the Leader's personal living area decorated with a mostly empty bookshelf and a draped flag that lined all the walls with a green plus sign on it. A connected room lead to an obviously unused kitchen based off the dust settling the area, however it was obvious someone had been using the other area as random trash ranging from food to dirty clothes littered the floor, a path created among the rubble so presumably someone could navigate the room. The main room of the building looked like an ordinary meeting hall, a podium was seen on one end with numerous benches lining the hall for the whoever came to listen. A giant version of the same flag was hung behind the podium seen in the Leader's living area.
Solar Rasie "What's this thing? What does it do? Can I play with it!?"
https://i.imgur.com/161JzXc.png

Ribeiro Ispecs
"Can I see the color of your blood? Please?"

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    No such thing as too much enthusiasm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
"Ah will." Sherwood says, in his head only responding to her request for stories about the city. This girl has an air of mystery about her completely different from his partner and investigation or no it makes him curious. Worried even. "So sit down. Ah'm thinkin Ah'd like someone to talk to, now that you're here. There's no one around for half ah mile after all." he says, casually reassuring that whatever she's worried about isn't here.
First year @ Beacon: Sherwood Cathasaigh - Leader of Team ASPN

First year @ Shade: Sona Aurelia - Member of Team VLPS

Head of Archaeology @ Shade Academy:  Dr. Richard Pelle - Graduate of Team RALE

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »
Persimmon peeked through the living room window to confirm nobody was inside, and listened at the back door before going through just to make absolutely sure. When he was certain there was nobody in the immediate area, he opened the door and found himself face-to-face with the messiest home of all time. Ech... Better not go in the kitchen... I'd leave a dust trail behind me for miles to come... He took a step forward before realizing something. Anything could be in that mess, from garbage to gold to whatever it was he was looking for- even a person could hide under all this! He shuddered at the thought of having to hide himself amongst the garbage.

...And wait, what was he looking for, anyway?!
1st Year Beacon Students: ShowHide
Hagane Inaba- Can melt steel beams. Leader of team HTDG
Mint Fresch- A chipper gale.
Persimmon Burhan- A douche.
Carnation Prescott- Get it, CAREa? Sorry.
Lissa Lime- Beacon's spinning top
Jacob Stillwater- Nailed it

Literally everyone else: ShowHide
Patchouli Breschi- First year at Shade. Don't let her penetrate you.
Diamante Solar- Third Year at Beacon. Feel the Light of the Holy Noodle!
Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.
Crystal Evermore- Aura professor at Beacon Academy.

Now introducing my AMCA, complete with apathy!

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
Argent looked up to Antra with a now intrigued look. "All strangers? Even criminals..? Or people who have had to dirty their hands for what they call 'good', like Huntsmen?" Argent asked. He was now very interested in what this man had to say. Argent was still a bit sceptical, so decided to ask some more questions with the missing Huntsman in mind. Argent had found it strange the village suffered no attacks, but how could this be the answer?

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2017, 02:38:52 PM »
Noctis stayed quite observing how Argent was approaching the mans bold statement. He leaned closer to the faunus with his cheek resting against his shoulder. A spirit? Was that what they really belived protected them ? Kind of foolish but he wasnt one to judge.
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2017, 05:47:19 PM »
A look of irritation and displeasure flashed for a moment on Antra's face but it was gone as fast as it had appeared at the Faunuses question, although what had caused it was hard to tell. "Why of course! Rahasya is believed to reside in everyone, even the evil for it is believed the act of kindness we show them can change their wicked ways"

"Thank you thank you thank you!" the girl said excitedly as she accepted her strangers invitation to sit next to him, as she sat next to him she realized "Ah I don't think I ever got your name did I?"

As Persimmon sneaked into the back and investigated two individuals could be heard from the main atrium in some kind of argument
"...And I'm telling you my friend i'm sure he simply left the village! I pray Rahasya guide him safely home, though i'm doubtful the spirits would bless such an uncouth man such as he" The first had a rather deep and boisterous voice something that suggested a great power behind it.
"Deliria listen to me you saw the kind of man he was, does that seem at all like someone that would exit quietly? He was a violent, egotistical man who demanded praise and that was before he was drunk! We showed him the kindness and generosity as any other stranger and he took advantage of us. I hardly think someone like that would just vanish into thin air!" The second voice was more sophisticated, calculating and chose their words with care.
"And so what even if he did? What do you expect us to do about it? He was an outsider anyway, we followed our convictions and did the right thing, no matter how much he would squabble like a child, we continued to show him respect. If anything bad happend to him that is his fate bestowed upon him by Rahasya and nothing we can do about that! I am not responsible for every single person that comes through MY village and I am not wasting any men to go looking for him and that is that!" The first voice finished the conversation and a door slamming could be heard from the entrance.
The second man stayed behind and wandered the area for a moment before sitting down on a bench with his head in hands deep in thought.

Ribeiro Ispecs

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 09:20:02 AM »
"Ah apologize for that. My name is Sherwood. What's yours miss?" Sherwood says. "Now before ah start, ah should know what your frame of reference is. It won't do much good if I explain things you have in your hometown. Tell me about where your from, and ah'll go from there. Ahlright?" Sherwood finishes. He gives the girl his full attention.

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »
Persimmon froze, then instinctively moved towards the walls the moment he heard voices. From the back rooms, he eavesdropped on their entire conversation. "We followed our convictions and did the right thing...?" So whatever's goin' on here, these guys at least think they're really good samaritans, huh? And that wasn't all- it sounded like the people of the village didn't know what happened to their missing man either. That was to say, the people of the village weren't told what happened. Persimmon couldn't help but be cynical of this Deliria fellow, all things considered.

He peeked around the corner long enough to focus his tracking on the remaining person before returning to systematically investigate the piles of junk, now 80% more slowly and quietly.

Dannum Sohrab- Professor of practical combat skills at Shade. Or at least that's his excuse to blow things up.

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 02:50:09 PM »
"Oh? How kind of Rahasya, then. Is there some place about town where I can learn more about this spirit, like a temple? Normally I'm not too believing in this sort of thing, but hearing tales of such kindness genuinely has me interested." Argent smiled up at the man. Resides in everyone? What, like aura? Argent thought. Argent had found it strange the man had jumped to 'evil' and 'wicked', when all he had mainly suggested Huntsmen doing distasteful acts. Argent had not, however, noticed the slight change in Antra's facial expressions.

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »
Noctis looked up at Antra to see how he'd react to Argent's sudden interest in his belief. It wasn't a bad idea to see exactly the history behind Rahasya and how the people ended up making it their primary religion.

"I think that would be great." Noctis says. " I would like to learn more about Rahasya if I am permitted."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:12:03 PM by MissyMidna »
Noctis Quartz#8E44AD - 1st yr Beacon student, Medic of Team ASPN "This might hurt...a lot. So don't cry"

Vidalia Umbra#FBF9AB- 1st yr Shade Academy student, Overactive child of Team VLPS "Maybe you can give me a cupcake."

Ordelis

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2017, 05:01:00 PM »
"Ah yes then you should speak to Rahasya's Great Teller, Deliria Dote. He can best tell you all you wish to know about Rahasya. He resides in the largest building in town, can't miss it" Antra explained "Best you two run along now! I'm sure you don't want to listen to the squabbles of an old man all day! If you ever need anything don't hesitate to ask!" He said as he cleared away the  now empty trays of food and opened the door upon his guest's behalf.

"Nice to meet ya Sherwood! I'm Nishka! Nishka Sataya! Well I used to live in a different village with my parents a loooong time ago but it got overtaken by Grimm, I was just a kid at the time. The only ones who survived were my grandpa and me. But a traveling group of(!)..err...we...umm" Catching herself as if about to reveal something she paused for a moment deep in thought "..came across this village here! Rahasya! It's err...pretty newly made...I think right? We have this err religion? following? thing called Rahasya hence the name of the village. Where umm...we're really nice to people or something....and we don't like weapons because...umm why was it again?" Nishka tilted her head tapping her chin trying to remember "Oh right because they're considered 'Instruments of Evil!' that do nothing but play the tune of the wicked...or something like that"
"Now are the stories of the city true!? Great metal buildings that touch the sky! Machines that travel really far! Enough people to fill this village a hundred times?" Nishka excitedly asked as she believed her part to be over

The man remaining in the building was wearing a green weathered down tailcoat jacket, black hair with glasses and had a rather tall and skinny body type. He seemed to be mumbling something to himself which Persimmon caught a few words "This is the way...only way...nothing but lies...for the best...better this way"

silently and thoroughly Persimmon searched through the living area's junk and the general area. For the most part nothing was of interest most of it was dirty laundry, utensils, tools, some bones leftover from a meal, and a key.

Ribeiro Ispecs

willow_lark

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 07:11:45 PM »
Sherwood sits and listens to Nishka quietly. He continues to look out to the woods, the picture of serenity. He nods along with her as she talks, giving her his full attention. He only turns to look at the girl when she pauses and makes note that she did.

"Well... The building aren't quite that tall, at least most of them. Only one Ah can think of that tall is the Cross Continental Transmit Tower. Ah'm sure you know what that is. Ah was amazed the first time ah saw it. It's by Beacon, the Huntsman school. That's pretty amazing looking too, but Ah've only seen it from ah distance." He says easily and slowly.

"There are lots ah vehicles though. Just like you must be ahmagining. Ah ahmagined the same way back in my village. It wasn't that long ahgo. Ah came from ah small village too. Ah'm... sorry to hear ahbout what happened to yours. Ahre these wounds from that?"

MissyMidna

• Personal Text
    Nerf this ;D
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »
Noctis smiles and thanks Antra for his hospitality along with the new information given. He urges Argent to follow keeping the whole "couples" thing going just up until they are no longer in Antra's general line of sight. Noctis lets go of the taller's hand to use his scroll to snap a photo of Antra's home. This may come in handy later. Once they can get to- what was his name, Deliria's, he could take a picture of that too. That shouldn't be too hard to find right? Antra said it was the biggest building in town and this town was relatively small. Noctis turns to look at his team mate seeing if he had any input on what to do with the new found information.

"Well? Anything to conclude about Antra other than he was too nice to us?" Noctis asked. "Think it would be wise to go visit this Deliria?"

Really who names their kid Deliria? Yet who names their kid Noctis?

Flooberoid

• Personal Text
    Who, memu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
Well... that was a waste of time. And a gross one at that, Persimmon lamented. Still, he was sure nobody would miss that key he pocketed along the way. It quickly became obvious from what little he had picked up, however, that it was Deliria himself who was of interest, not the building. Keeping his tracking focused, Persimmon left the house the way he came in. He then circled around to the front of the building and waited there, keeping watch and preparing to tail the man inside if he made a move. With any luck, this would lead him right to Deliria.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:21:26 PM by Flooberoid »

CptSteel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »
"Too nice? I wouldn't go as far as to say that. If the spirit is real then of course he would be nice to two outsiders. And yes, I think that we should pay the Great Teller a visit. I want to learn more about Rahasya. Plus, he might know about Regat. I would imagine that if a Huntsman were to arrive in the village, the people would ask Deliria what they should do. I'm guessing by 'Great' that this fellow has quite the influential position in the village."  Argent thought as he scanned the village for the biggest building, which Antra had remarked, Argent couldn't miss.

"What do you think?"