Author Topic: Dust on the Rails [initiation] [MLDC]  (Read 11044 times)

jjb2158

• Personal Text
    The Destroyer of Dreams & Expectations
    • View Profile
Re: Dust on the Rails [initiation] [MLDC]
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 01:20:09 PM »
Sensing that the tension had somewhat dissipated, Jett looked up at the others. Nodding first at Xavier and then at Lien, he decided that it would be best to try and break the tension completely and let everyone relax a bit more before any fighting begins. Standing up, Jett walked across the cabin and sat next to Mythos. "We'll make sure to have plenty of downtime after this so you can have your girl talk with Lien" he said, beaming a smile at Mythos. "Just make sure to save some time for me since it doesn't look like I'll have any time with you anytime soon and I may start to feel left out." Nudging her with his shoulder, he laughed lightly before looking briefly at his carving. Despite this possibly being awkward for Mythos, Jett trudged forward. Being part of a large family, he was used to being the awkward one in order to try and cause his siblings to smile or laugh.

Looking carefully at Mythos briefly, Jett still couldn't get it out of his head how much she and Lien looked so similar. Despite some features being different, like Lien's faunus features and smaller physique, he still could see a lot of resemblances."How about a motorcycle?" he inquired suddenly. "I've never carved one before so it would be a good challenge." Looking over at their team leader, he tilted his head slightly to the left and gave her a smile, hoping to lighten the mood even just a little bit.
First Year Beacon Student: Rackley Winchester - The Hawkeye Sniper currently Teamless

Second Year Beacon Student: Jett Davenport - The Playful Shadow Knight of Team MLDC (Melodic)

Third Year Beacon Student: Suntalia Lyn Ryker - The Voice of Thunder currently Teamless

Fourth Year Beacon Student: Savas Carnelian - The Quiet Berserker Leader of Team SARK (Stark)

Beacon Professor: Oberon Falcov - The Man With A Plan / Team Strategy Teacher of Beacon

The Mythic Scribe

• Personal Text
    What sanity?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 08:02:11 AM »
"Yay, girl time..." Lien said, trying and failing once more to be cheerful. She hoped that Mythos didn't see her pathetic attempt as reluctance, because that wasn't it at all. To be honest Mythos was... different, in a way. Lien wasn't really sure if that was a good thing or not. But she seemed nice enough, and she just looked so much like her... A familiar face was always hard not to trust. Or want to trust.

Lien tilted her head almost cutely in curiousity when Jett suggested a motorcycle. "Reminds me of a toy," she remarked. "Not that that's a bad thing though. Challenges are always nice, and making it look more refined will be one." She sent a smile Jett's way, hoping that she hadn't accidently implied that Jett's carving wasn't refined usually. After though, she just hugged her shoeless legs to her chest, getting comfy and just relaxing, not sleeping for fear that something would happen that'd catch her off-guard.
Mauve Roux(1st year leader of team ROSE):“Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.”  -Simone Weil

Bianca Li(1st year member of team CBLT):"When you're the victim of the behavior, it's black and white; when you're the perpetrator, there are a million shades of gray." -Laura Schlessinger

Primrose Aster(1st year member of team BTRA):“To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”  -William Shakespeare

Cerise Carnelian(1st year member of team VCVS):"Be as you wish to seem." -Socrates

Lien Li(2nd year member of team MLDC): "To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." -Lao Tzu

Aurora Hesperid(1st year leader of team ATLA)

EdgeyReyes

• Personal Text
    Die die die
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 08:40:50 AM »
"I'll be sure to make time for you Jett, I do suppose that it is necessary as a leader to know who they work with, right?" Mythos looked at Lien again, it was a weird feeling, looking at what just seemed like a mirror that revealed an alternate reality, one without the mystery, with knowledge of who she was, of what she was before.

Mythos averted her eyes to Xavier for a moment, his insistence on being partnered with her, to not let her be partnered with who she wanted. Her instincts, or at least what she thought were her instincts told her more then normal people would see on the surface layer. It was best just to go with Xavier wanted for now.

Looking over to Jett again, about a potential carving, she thought about a motorcycle. but something simpler would probably be best."A motorcycle sounds like a wonderful idea, to sharpen your skills is always beneficial, no matter for what use they would be in. But should it prove to hard, I would like to request a carving of my symbol." lifting up the metal symbol that kept her cloak in its position to give a clear view. "If that is alright with you." Laying back down on the couch as she got comfortable, they had some time until they got out of Vale. "We should catch some shut eye, that includes you Lien." Without another word she closed her eyes and drifted off.

Timeskip

Mythos currently sat on top of the train cart, just recently exiting the protection of Vale's borders. Silent Night resting on the inside of her leg and against her shoulder, her sunglasses covering her eyes from the winds that blew past the train. She was enjoying the quiet, alone and with time to think. Especially without the presence of Xavier. Taking her mind off of him and thinking towards Lien. She didn't know why, but, she just seemed to feel that extra bit calmer when she thought about her. Probably just the resemblance between them two. 'That has to be it. Nothing more. Positive.'
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:10:45 AM by EdgeyReyes »
Atlas: ShowHide

Solaris Star - Atlesian Special Forces

Aegis Guard - First Year Atlas Student

Iris Ares - Fourth Year Atlas Student

Vale: ShowHide

Akeldama Blood-Heart - First Year Beacon Student

Linh Li "Mythos Laurenstine - Second year Beacon Student

Timeworker

• Personal Text
    Natus es angelorum morientur gehennam ignis
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
Xavier took this time to do what he did best. Studying and inventing were the things that made him happy and allowed him to take his mind off things. Lit by the soft blue glow of a holographic screen Xavier sat down near one of the cargo cars bearing one of the Schnee package. Fidling and tinkering with a little ball a small amount of smoke started to fly. Ignoring the small plume, Xavier took a glance at a monitor that hovered beside him. The monitor had a handful of different screens, each one displaying a different scene on the bus through the eyes of his bronze beetles.
My greatest invention...surprisingly turning out to be not a cannon or a weapon, but a little computer the size of a beetle.
Leaving the sphere abandoned for a minute, Xavier grabbed the holographic screen and looked for anything interesting happening on the train. It wasn't until a beetle caught sight of Mythos that he stopped and took a moment to ponder. The sight of her on the top of the train was a reassuring one but also one that sent a pang of guilt through him. He had been a bit harsh earlier, that was a given. But Xavier stood firmly to his belief that it would better to be cautious and analyse before rushing in.
Still, maybe there would be time to make up and get to know his leader better. He was sure there was a way to match the faces of the two girls and if there wasn't; Xavier was sure the technology wouldn't be too far out of his reach.
The distinct sound of a door opening snapped him Xavier out of his musings. Closing the holo-screens and picking up the tinker-ball Xavier faced the door to greet whoever was on the other side.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:41:22 AM by Timeworker »
Griz Blancard 1st Year Student at Beacon"I need a nap"
Dorothy Burgundy 3rd Year Shade, Elite Scavenger "Treasure is everywhere, you just need to know where to look!"
Xavier Cendres2nd year Beacon "Everything can be solved with a wrench, screwdriver, and a whole lot of time"